Kit Reveal: Ebon Hawk

Replies

  • Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Yes way too much time spent on a fringe aspect of star wars.....KOTOR must die!

    I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

    Come on guy.

    Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
    Meta comes and goes

    GK is the most versatile and longest meta toon of all time

    Revan is meta partly because of GMY who isn’t even Old Republic

    I can name all the rebels and say half of them are meta too. Like why bother mentioning Juhani / T3 etc when they have zero impact on the meta and every game mode other than stretching to prove your point. Which says more about how thin your argument is tbh

    First of all look up what meta means. 2nd of all i never said juhani and t3 are meta i said half of them are meta. Which is completly true and actually is a fact when 6 out of 12 chars are meta. Rebels dont qualify as meta, Revan is meta because of revan's kit yoda just helps. And i think alot more people like GK and were excited when he was introduced then a main character from a 15 year old game.
  • CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

    Solo characters, bounty hunters, ships and reworks, chewie, 3po and the falcon, separtists and reworks, grand arena..... A few other things have happened. Truth is, no matter the era of content it will be meta defining scramble farming which makes them the most money. I get by be building characters that i love for no other reason then i like them.

    Although i admit i was one of the people who asked for KOTOR content on the survey they sent out last year...
  • Snezdogg wrote: »
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

    Solo characters, bounty hunters, ships and reworks, chewie, 3po and the falcon, separtists and reworks, grand arena..... A few other things have happened. Truth is, no matter the era of content it will be meta defining scramble farming which makes them the most money. I get by be building characters that i love for no other reason then i like them.

    Although i admit i was one of the people who asked for KOTOR content on the survey they sent out last year...

    Problem with those is that everything kotor is meta and rest are good but not that great. Solo characters are not that useful, BHs are awesome but still not even close to meta but useful in every other place,chewie and 3po improved rebels but still not enough for them to be meta and falcon is only piece of content in last year that is not kotor and is great.
  • I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Agreed 100%, was rather surprised to see it.. imo Kotor 1/2 have some of the best Star Wars storylines and worlds... I’m absolutely loving every OR addition! My ingame name is Ebon Hawk, I’ve been waiting for ages for this ship!
  • secondsmeg wrote: »
    This is cool, was expecting JKR though instead of Carth as Pilot


    Recent plots the course, he never flys the ship in game.
  • Phoenixeon
    1090 posts Member
    Snezdogg wrote: »
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

    Solo characters, bounty hunters, ships and reworks, chewie, 3po and the falcon, separtists and reworks, grand arena..... A few other things have happened. Truth is, no matter the era of content it will be meta defining scramble farming which makes them the most money. I get by be building characters that i love for no other reason then i like them.

    Although i admit i was one of the people who asked for KOTOR content on the survey they sent out last year...

    Problem with those is that everything kotor is meta and rest are good but not that great. Solo characters are not that useful, BHs are awesome but still not even close to meta but useful in every other place,chewie and 3po improved rebels but still not enough for them to be meta and falcon is only piece of content in last year that is not kotor and is great.

    So what if another legendary requires solo smugglers to unlock next week? With chewie difficulties.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Snezdogg wrote: »
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

    Solo characters, bounty hunters, ships and reworks, chewie, 3po and the falcon, separtists and reworks, grand arena..... A few other things have happened. Truth is, no matter the era of content it will be meta defining scramble farming which makes them the most money. I get by be building characters that i love for no other reason then i like them.

    Although i admit i was one of the people who asked for KOTOR content on the survey they sent out last year...

    Problem with those is that everything kotor is meta and rest are good but not that great. Solo characters are not that useful, BHs are awesome but still not even close to meta but useful in every other place,chewie and 3po improved rebels but still not enough for them to be meta and falcon is only piece of content in last year that is not kotor and is great.

    So what if another legendary requires solo smugglers to unlock next week? With chewie difficulties.

    Well thrawn is next week so i doubt it. But do you know what will probanly come this month? Darth Revan, another kotor journey.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Awesome so glad you put T3M4 in there

    But that doesn't make any sense at all to have T3 as a pilot with Carth. T3 was the pilot with Atton in the 2nd game.

    T3 did NOT help pilot the ebon hawk in Kotor 1. This is a terrible choice for pilots.
  • Phoenixeon
    1090 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Snezdogg wrote: »
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

    Solo characters, bounty hunters, ships and reworks, chewie, 3po and the falcon, separtists and reworks, grand arena..... A few other things have happened. Truth is, no matter the era of content it will be meta defining scramble farming which makes them the most money. I get by be building characters that i love for no other reason then i like them.

    Although i admit i was one of the people who asked for KOTOR content on the survey they sent out last year...

    Problem with those is that everything kotor is meta and rest are good but not that great. Solo characters are not that useful, BHs are awesome but still not even close to meta but useful in every other place,chewie and 3po improved rebels but still not enough for them to be meta and falcon is only piece of content in last year that is not kotor and is great.

    So what if another legendary requires solo smugglers to unlock next week? With chewie difficulties.

    Well thrawn is next week so i doubt it. But do you know what will probanly come this month? Darth Revan, another kotor journey.

    Just saying, if that would be true. Hope we need 5 solo smugglers for something other than smugglers run.

    And no, I dont care about force users, that what, darth whatever. I know revan will be coming at the time when I saw bastila last year, then decide to farm solo smugglers instead.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Snezdogg wrote: »
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

    Solo characters, bounty hunters, ships and reworks, chewie, 3po and the falcon, separtists and reworks, grand arena..... A few other things have happened. Truth is, no matter the era of content it will be meta defining scramble farming which makes them the most money. I get by be building characters that i love for no other reason then i like them.

    Although i admit i was one of the people who asked for KOTOR content on the survey they sent out last year...

    Problem with those is that everything kotor is meta and rest are good but not that great. Solo characters are not that useful, BHs are awesome but still not even close to meta but useful in every other place,chewie and 3po improved rebels but still not enough for them to be meta and falcon is only piece of content in last year that is not kotor and is great.



    Teams dont have to be able to take #1 in arena to be useful. Edit: removed a bunch of otherwise helpful info that does not belong here.

    But yeah, Beckett!

  • One of my favorite factions to use is BH, they might not be meta but they are sure important in the rest of the game.
  • DarthRevan300
    13 posts Member
    edited March 7
    I love how people find stuff to complain about. When the Solo characters where released all I read on these boards was why are we getting another Han, Chewy, and another Falcon. Now the same is being said about these toons. There hasn't been any new Star Wars stuff since E8, they are filling the gap with these fan favorite toons that people filled the polls with last year. Once the Clone Wars and the Mandolorian comes out we will see a ton of new content.
  • AntiFunn
    406 posts Member
    The Buff name is Chaff? Just say Target Lock Immunity dammit.

    Lol I also called it when I did a kit idea for the Negotiator on granting immunity to target lock
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Snezdogg wrote: »
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

    Solo characters, bounty hunters, ships and reworks, chewie, 3po and the falcon, separtists and reworks, grand arena..... A few other things have happened. Truth is, no matter the era of content it will be meta defining scramble farming which makes them the most money. I get by be building characters that i love for no other reason then i like them.

    Although i admit i was one of the people who asked for KOTOR content on the survey they sent out last year...

    Problem with those is that everything kotor is meta and rest are good but not that great. Solo characters are not that useful, BHs are awesome but still not even close to meta but useful in every other place,chewie and 3po improved rebels but still not enough for them to be meta and falcon is only piece of content in last year that is not kotor and is great.



    Teams dont have to be able to take #1 in arena to be useful. Edit: removed a bunch of otherwise helpful info that does not belong here.

    But yeah, Beckett!

    Also Hondo
  • I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies
    Well, sadly the game wasn't that long. But I have played SWTOR for more than 2 years everyday and never got tired of it, only reduced my playing time when running out of new content... does that count, too? ;) And I would love the characters from that era to come into the game as well, after they will be done with Kotor 1 & 2. B)
    Back on topic, I have waited for the Ebon Hawk and am happy that this beauty finally arrived. The kit looks great, but it would have been perfect if HK-47 would be needed too as a 3rd crew member and if it was released as a Legendary ship. It would have deserved the same status as HMF.
  • @CG_SBCrumb So heres some insight since we all know how bad your internal testing is.

    1. You created an anti sith ship without the sith beeing any close to meta.
    2. You created a ship thats further buffs the millenium falcon hence the play rate of the falcon will be above 95% on top 100 ranks(so much for a diverse arena meta).
    3. You once again screwed up everything with this release because there are entire fleets using the mechanics of target lock and strategically playing around it.
    4. The tm boost and buff manipulation on a ship that starts with more defense than a biggs is just absurd.

    You basically took like 5 ships and molded them into 1 extremly overpowered high paywall ship thats near impossible to properly farm as a f2p player for the next 6 months. Now onto what you should have done.

    You should have released the ebon hawk with no millenium falcon direct sinergy so pure light side tag. Also the millenium falcon was counterable but nothing stood up to it on defense so this ship should have had a mechanic that was countering the millenium falcon such as some sort of indispellable buff immunity. Also nothing should spread target lock immunity that much because it kills 90% of every ship. You missed the mark i assume because of internal testing beeing as bad as it is, at trying to counter a sith fleet that was easy to win against even with geo's on autoplay. So thank you to pushing more and more people to finish up with the game.

    I wonder when you will start to think about doing something decent, probably never or when you start it the game will be dead alredy, so good job.
  • Ikky2win
    829 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Love it. Doing some theory crafting here so yell at me if I get something wrong but this seems like it could be crazy OP due to the following.

    1. Basic - FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and attack again. Grant another random buffed ally 15% Turn Meter for each attack.
    2. All allies have +20% Potency, and the Ebon Hawk gains 30% Turn Meter each time it scores a critical hit.

    Now let’s consider some interactions:
    1. Home One has two different abilities that can call it to assist. If it does, Ebon Hawk a. Attacks twice, grants another buffed ally (like Falcon with outmaneuver) 30% tm, though each attack is 15% tm so it could give 15% tm to two different ships, and b. if those hits are crits, Ebon Hawk will gain 30% tm for one crit or 60% if both crit.
    2. Other ships can call it to assist. The most obvious is Ghost’s Target Jammer, though there are several others. When calling it to assist, you get the same interaction as #1, giving other ships tm and gaining tm itself.

    If my summary of the interactions is correct (again, tell me if it’s not correct), Ebon Hawk will be passing around TM and gaining TM like mad. A lot of how good it is will depend on stats too. If it hits like a wet noodle or has very low life/protection and can be killed quickly, it won’t be as good.
  • I'll sit back and see what the Whales do. If they use EH and i can't beat it then I'll burn my crystal stockpile. Otherwise meh
  • Ikky2win
    829 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Just a little more theory crafting: Ebon Hawk has a crystal pack unlike Emperor’s Shuttle. Now we’ve all thought that Carth, Juhani, Ordo, DS Bastila and one other would be needed for Darth Malak/Darth Revan, but it seems like they’ve given us too much time to farm Carth And Juhani. If they release Malak/Revan on the 21st, and the event lasts a week, they are going to make very little money. What if, realizing this, they pushed Ebon Hawk first, and you’re going to need Ebon Hawk as the 5th to get Malak/Revan starting on the 21st?

    It would be the first time a ship was needed to get a character, but from a financial standpoint it makes a lot of sense (to them at least) and it also makes a lot of sense from a timing standpoint. It also makes sense because we could never figure out who the 5th character needed was going to be. Some thought HK, but they make no money that way because everyone has HK farmed (yes it appears he’s getting a rework but that would be independent of the Malak/Revan event). Some thought you would need LS Revan, but again they make no additional money that way because you can’t panic farm him or buy packs for him and the event just ended recently. Either you have him now or you aren’t getting him for another 3ish months.

    Conclusion: Ebon Hawk is the fifth thing you need for the Darth Revan/Malak event. Just speculation of course but it makes a whole heck of a lot of sense from CG’s standpoint.
  • No_Try
    3812 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ship is a 4 star unlock.... Not sure if its a marquee but its definitely not a legendary

    EDIT: Guessing its Galactic Chase

    Chase. That's stated in the update notes.
  • Mirkraag
    158 posts Member
    Finally a ship that counters the meta sith ships. I was tired of those assassin and bomber tie.

    That is what I called diversity. What a great game design !
  • There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting

    Eeeeehhhhh ....
  • Seems good had it come out long before m ilf and Bh. With the current meta, meh.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies
    Well, sadly the game wasn't that long. But I have played SWTOR for more than 2 years everyday and never got tired of it, only reduced my playing time when running out of new content... does that count, too? ;) And I would love the characters from that era to come into the game as well, after they will be done with Kotor 1 & 2. B)
    Back on topic, I have waited for the Ebon Hawk and am happy that this beauty finally arrived. The kit looks great, but it would have been perfect if HK-47 would be needed too as a 3rd crew member and if it was released as a Legendary ship. It would have deserved the same status as HMF.

    I would love SWTOR characters to come, I love kotor and its story what i dont like is that we get a year worth of content from two games and alot of that content are meaningless followers. We got revan which is awesome but adding another one and having another 3 to 4 months of kotor meta is too much. Not a single other sw media was that relevant in game.
    I love how people find stuff to complain about. When the Solo characters where released all I read on these boards was why are we getting another Han, Chewy, and another Falcon. Now the same is being said about these toons. There hasn't been any new Star Wars stuff since E8, they are filling the gap with these fan favorite toons that people filled the polls with last year. Once the Clone Wars and the Mandolorian comes out we will see a ton of new content.
    It is not about new content it is about a year of one game and possibly a few months more if they release darth revan. Arena became stale, TW is based who has more trayas and revans, Grand arena is based on this too, revan is the best team in hstr. Your argument that people will always find something to compain is useless if what people complain about is true. Did you want another han and chewy? For falcon more people was exdcited for it because it was falcon that should have been first one so that one is flat out false. Also that we didnt get any new content since e8 is false and also gaps can be filled from multiple medias not just two 15 year old games

  • If they don’t introduce at leats Zaybe Carrick or Jarael in the next few months... i’ll Go mental! 🤬🤬
  • y3rnaux wrote: »
    If they don’t introduce at leats Zaybe Carrick or Jarael in the next few months... i’ll Go mental! 🤬🤬
    *least
  • Jack1210
    318 posts Member
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies

    Some of the better parts of star wars lore are left out of the main movies
  • Stokat
    490 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Yes way too much time spent on a fringe aspect of star wars.....KOTOR must die!

    I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

    Come on guy.

    Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
    Meta comes and goes

    GK is the most versatile and longest meta toon of all time

    Revan is meta partly because of GMY who isn’t even Old Republic

    I can name all the rebels and say half of them are meta too. Like why bother mentioning Juhani / T3 etc when they have zero impact on the meta and every game mode other than stretching to prove your point. Which says more about how thin your argument is tbh

    First of all look up what meta means. 2nd of all i never said juhani and t3 are meta i said half of them are meta. Which is completly true and actually is a fact when 6 out of 12 chars are meta. Rebels dont qualify as meta, Revan is meta because of revan's kit yoda just helps. And i think alot more people like GK and were excited when he was introduced then a main character from a 15 year old game.

    Except that GMY doesn’t “just helps”, he is an integral part of that squad and Revan wouldn’t be meta defining without him and other non OR Jedi. In fact Revan is much more of a Jedi meta than a OR meta, ppl that don’t care for kotor just tend to ignore that. Additionally ppl in this forum has been demanding a Jedi meta for very long time, well congratulations now you have it.
  • I saw something that said the title of the game being Star Wars Galaxy of Knights of the Old Republic
  • I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    @FREEDOMfrom I think most folks issue is that OR has pretty much dominated the game for just over a year now (with introduction of Traya and the Sith Raid). They're probably ready for a new "era" to get the limelight. Clone Wars era would be great, considering how many of those characters are junk in the game. They touched on Grievous and a couple Droids, but not enough to make a difference, and pretty much all of the Jedi from that time period need a lot of work.

    I agree with all that but I think after Darth Revan and Malak come out then they'll move on to another era, possibly clone wars with that show re-starting.
Sign In or Register to comment.