I'll pay for an unlocked version of the game!

Prev1
Disclaimer: I am not trolling, this is a serious post for the devs.

Give us a version of the game that has infinite resources and there is no PvP. We get all the characters and ships maxed stars and we have infinite amount of credits, gear, ability mats and everything we need to max them out. We get a new raid system, same raids as we have now except the sith raid. The sith raid gets a new tier with infinite HP that only tracks scores. You send your squads get a score, when you're done with the phase you skip it and get to the next one and in the end your score is posted at a leaderboard. For arena you place real teams that other players use and we can hit anyone we want, nobody's rank changes. TB is the same thing without the platoons and we battle solo.

The only thing that will be unavailable is TW and GA which will remain exclusive to this game. We instead get a sandbox mode were we can add friends and battle with one another for fun, with the ability to create our own private tournaments and challenges.

Mod drop rates are alot better, dropping only gold mods, events work exactly the same way. The entire new looting system is based around mods, icons, visual upgrades. If you really think about it all our reward are:

1. credits
2. Store currency for buying gear and shards.
3. Shards
4. Gear
4. Ability materials
5. Mods

So with the system since we have infinite gear, credits, shards and ability materials we instead get mods.

The cool thing about this new system is that you won't have to stop playing this game. The new game will not require much time spent since you can have everything maxed out. You will only spend time on it if you feel like battling out with your characters and do tournaments with your friends for fun. You won't have to constantly log in to collect stuff before it expires you just go on whenever you feel like it. If grinding and sense of accomplishment is what you are after or raiding with your guild then by all means keep doing that. If you're a solo guy like me who doesn't like grinding then you may find yourself spending more time on the other game.

About monetization, the game should have either a flat price like 30 bucks or instead it can have a subscription for 5 bucks a month that's up to the devs but honestly I just don't see how this could be bad. After all players love the sense of accomplishment and this game won't have anything to accomplish, no achievements no grinding so it should only be popular to very few people like me. Other will try it, then they will miss their grinds and achievements and quit it and keep playing this. Either way the devs make money and everyone wins.

Replies

• It already exist (at least part of it), it's called "Test account"
  • It already exist (at least part of it), it's called "Test account"

Except test accounts aren't available to everyone
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    It cannabilzes the money from the hugely successful game. The only chance something like this will happen is when the game is closing shop. Even then very doubtful.

How does it do that exactly?
  • So you want them to make a whole different build of the game just for you? Sure, you just hire CG/EA to do that for you, lol.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    They've already stated upfront they're not going to release any sandbox mode.
  • So you want them to make a whole different build of the game just for you? Sure, you just hire CG/EA to do that for you, lol.

Actually not at all, you're exaggerating. It would be no different that test accounts which currently exist. The content is already there and whatever new come for swgoh will be identical almost for this game.

The only difference will be in the HSTR version that I asked for, sandbox mode and reward revamp.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    They've already stated upfront they're not going to release any sandbox mode.

This is different, also this is a way to add incentive, the game won't be free to play
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    It cannabilzes the money from the hugely successful game. The only chance something like this will happen is when the game is closing shop. Even then very doubtful.

Well since you asked....

For one, this creates two products. By nature, they will independently compete for resources (player base). While there are differences between the games, they are competing and not complimentary. One game has to suffer.

As a result in drop in active users from the current version, spending habits, playing time, value of advantages from purchases, and variety of types of users (whale, dolphin, ftp, etc..), and overall popularity will shift substantially.

This leaves the question, will this new product generate more $$$ than it takes away (either directly or indirectly)? The answer is absolutely no outside of a short-term spike. The amount of money from high spenders will not be able to be made up from either the $30 purchase or $5 subscriptions.

Why I know this, Freemium has been around for a while and ultimately capitalism wins. If this system made more economical sense, it would already be implemented.

Disclaimer: If at launch this was simply a subscription based game, it may have a chance to succeed, but we're already too far down the rabbit hole to change things up now.

There will be literally 0 changes to content. Only 1 team will work to create it and implement it, one game will have it locked with requirements the other one won't.

I don't see it affects money, players will still value their accounts which they have used for years and they will want to have them at a decent level. I think your logic is flawed when you say that popularity will shift substantially. I think the vast majority of players will simply main an account in both games but if they had to choose one due to time restrictions or something, I'm sure they will choose the game that they have already invested years in and leave the one that they can go back and pick it up again at any time and have lost nothing in terms of progress

Well since you asked....

For one, this creates two products. By nature, they will independently compete for resources (player base). While there are differences between the games, they are competing and not complimentary. One game has to suffer.

As a result in drop in active users from the current version, spending habits, playing time, value of advantages from purchases, and variety of types of users (whale, dolphin, ftp, etc..), and overall popularity will shift substantially.

This leaves the question, will this new product generate more $$$ than it takes away (either directly or indirectly)? The answer is absolutely no outside of a short-term spike. The amount of money from high spenders will not be able to be made up from either the $30 purchase or $5 subscriptions.

Why I know this, Freemium has been around for a while and ultimately capitalism wins. If this system made more economical sense, it would already be implemented.

Disclaimer: If at launch this was simply a subscription based game, it may have a chance to succeed, but we're already too far down the rabbit hole to change things up now.

There will be literally 0 changes to content. Only 1 team will work to create it and implement it, one game will have it locked with requirements the other one won't.

I don't see it affects money, players will still value their accounts which they have used for years and they will want to have them at a decent level. I think your logic is flawed when you say that popularity will shift substantially. I think the vast majority of players will simply main an account in both games but if they had to choose one due to time restrictions or something, I'm sure they will choose the game that they have already invested years in and leave the one that they can go back and pick it up again at any time and have lost nothing in terms of progress

Unfortunately, your thoughts are naive and elementary. It just won't and doesn't work that way, but good luck.

I think it could easily work and what better example than the game changers and their test accounts.

Well since you asked....

Unfortunately, your thoughts are naive and elementary. It just won't and doesn't work that way, but good luck.

I think it could easily work and what better example than the game changers and their test accounts.

Making the product available isn't a challenge. It's just bad business to make the product available.

Trial and error my friend
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    It already exist (at least part of it), it's called "Test account"

Except test accounts aren't available to everyone

We are all test (beta) accounts remember ?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    SW universe is losing to DC and Marvel, fewer people want to watch next SW movie, everyday people switches to a different game. I can’t even remember how many of my allies have become inactive in the past few years.

Captain Marvel can destroy any Sith, Jedi with her little finger.
  • And they can advertise it “ Live like a whale with just 5$ a month”

Sound like a bad vacation plan
  • They're selling stun guns for the equivalent of 20$ a pop. And the full game should sell at 30? Sounds legit
  • They're selling stun guns for the equivalent of 20$ a pop. And the full game should sell at 30? Sounds legit

It's not going to be the same game, it's gonna be more of a fun play environment, like a test account where you can have a blast by yourself and maybe allow us to invite friends to fight one another that's all it's gonna be. This game will continue to work the exact same way it does now
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    this game would be hella boring if you had access to everything maxed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • That would be .... $32.000 for the Toons and another $32.000 for the gear ...
    If you take into account, that not all toons are easily bought ... another €16.000 for the added convenience.
    And for the HSTR rework ... *calculate* ..... yes, that would be another €20.000.

That would be a retail price of .... €100.000, but since you pay it in a lump sum, you get a discount ...

For you and only this week ... special offer €99.999 ... if you preorder.

Have a nice day.
  • TWings
    59 posts Member
    Good news !
    You can actually already pay to have all your characters 7*, unlimited gear, credits, and even mods in this game ! It will just cost you a bit more than 5$ a month. But be assured the devs will appreciate it. ;)
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    So, you want a test account? Become a gamechanger and apply!
  • So.. A GC account?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There seems to be a disconnect between your original idea and some of your responses.

You say you want things different in the original post, but then say it would be no different or extra work to the people who point out that it would be different.

If you want a access to a test account there is a path:
    gflegui wrote: »
    So, you want a test account? Become a gamechanger and apply!

The problem with what you are suggesting is that you are asking for what some have paid $1000s for , but you want it only for $30 flat, or $5 a month. Something tells me, they are probably not going to go for that.
    This is the same as going to a car manufacturer and saying you like thier car, but only want to give them $50, and you will just drive a car on their test track as much as you want.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member

Lets see, they handed out test accounts to the "game changers" to get some free advertising in for their game, as people usually are lazy and just follow what some dude on youtube says is best (Grievous).

Also why would anyone still wanna go through the trouble of farming/paying in the original game when one could just get everything handed out for nearly free...
  • Disclaimer: I am not trolling, this is a serious post for the devs.
    About monetization, the game should have either a flat price like 30 bucks or instead it can have a subscription for 5 bucks a month that's up to the devs but honestly I just don't see how this could be bad.
    This is not an insult. This is a serious reply to your post.
    First: 🤣🤣🤣 I’m not laughing at you. I’m laughing at your entire lack of knowledge on how business works. You want unlimited access to things in the game that are not purchasable (zetas for example), and you think a reasonable price for that is $30, or $5/month. On top of that, you want CG to invest the time and energy to develop a separate version of the game just for that. For $30, or $5/month. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I can tell you are not a whale. Whales spend more that $5/day for the limited version of this game. So why on earth would CG even consider that price? If you were spending $5/day: why would you keep spending that much when you could get so much more by only spending 1/30th of that? That is where all of your logic fails. A more reasonable price for what you want is $5000/month, or $100,000k flat fee. Because that’s what it’s worth, based on the loss of revenue from the dolphins and whales. For $5/month I would kiss my dolphin account goodbye.

Secondly, what you are describing is a Test account. This kind of thing already exists, and is entirely exclusive. In order to get one: they find you, not the other way around. Instead of posting your silly idea on a forum - with the illusion anyone would take your idea seriously - why don’t you contact them directly and pitch your idea to them. Tell them you would like to have a test account, and you’d like to know how to buy yourself into one. If they go for your $5/month scheme: I’ll pay it for you (so long as I get one too, I’ll pay for both of us).
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • casper1jr
    175 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    How will they pay for server maintenance or bug issues without revenue? Wait don't answer that as I'm trolling lol. This will never happen unless you're willing to flip the bill.

Even if you bought an off the shelf (ready to go) game you still have to do updates and you will still need maintenance and it can be a horrible game lol. Watch, see how far you can go with a pre made game but I'm guessing you won't make it far before you have to hire someone to help. Either way, you need a coder which is a paid position.
  • casper1jr wrote: »
    How will they pay for server maintenance or bug issues without revenue? Wait don't answer that as I'm trolling lol. This will never happen unless you're willing to flip the bill.

Even if you bought an off the shelf (ready to go) game you still have to do updates and you will still need maintenance and it can be a horrible game lol. Watch, see how far you can go with a pre made game but I'm guessing you won't make it far before you have to hire someone to help. Either way, you need a coder which is a paid position.

5 bucks a month from million of players can't pay for maintenance and bug fixed? Smh