Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Ontaelio wrote: »
    Well, the strangely intent on protecting CG for no obvious reason people of unknown gender are trying to change the subject - the oldest tactic of propaganda. Yeah, teach us manners and such. While they're at it, I'd suggest we return to the topic at hand, that is, 'we're awaiting your feedback':

    - don't change Finn, there's no need at all;
    - if you do, refund zetas;
    - if you ask for feedback have some dignity to at least make it look like you care, that is, drop us a line once in a week or so.

    ^This. Bravo!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3471 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Double edged sword. If they give those effected by the change a zeta refund, it sets a precedent. If they ignore those effected and offer no refund of the zeta, they further alienate the player base. One keeps revenues coming, one may not. Is this really a tough decision? Here at CG, they see this as a big issue. At EA headquarters, they will wonder why this is even under consideration. Revenues are falling (check rank in GP) why risk a further fall by angering the daily players, as well as drive away potential new players?
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Wait what, people were really going with the "They don't post here because of what the people who actually play their game are like"? Are the white-knights even admitting that CG hates their entire playerbase and love to ignore us including said white-knights? lol. The only reason people behave themselves on reddit is because people fear being IP banned for life. You have to follow the reddit mentality of the time.

    Well that and any communication is so sought after that seeing a dev actually respond makes people act civil in general. CG has literally starved us of interaction on these forums. Threads start out ok but get progressively worse as people are continually ignored.

    All it would have taken, 40 pages ago, is a comment from them saying that they will refund the zeta or rethink the changes, anything, and the "Criticism" would not exist. This entire thread could have easily been avoided. Incredibly easily. Literally one comment. It would have been so easy. It could have been so easy.

    So often I see the dev posts stop the instant someone questions the op or gives constructive feedback that's well thought out and civil. I see people be ignored all the time even while devs are posting around them. They need to fix this or threads like this will keep happening as they have been.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Well that and any communication is so sought after that seeing a dev actually respond makes people act civil in general. CG has literally starved us of interaction on these forums. Threads start out ok but get progressively worse as people are continually ignored.

    Yep, that’s what I’ve been saying all along too.
  • How about this... if this were a movie, would Finn and C3PO be able to fight Darth Traya? Negative...they would both die instantly.

    So, how about be really happy that zFinn was a beast for 2 years, and then realize that he actually shouldn't be able to stuff Traya. And give CG a break. Try playing some other equivalent mobile games, and get a feel for how bad some of the dev teams are... Maybe then you'll appreciate what a good job CG does.

    Lastly, it's a good idea to realize what whining sounds like to everyone else... Nobody likes whiny b**ches.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gorem wrote: »
    Well that and any communication is so sought after that seeing a dev actually respond makes people act civil in general. CG has literally starved us of interaction on these forums. Threads start out ok but get progressively worse as people are continually ignored.

    Yep, that’s what I’ve been saying all along too.

    So what is the cut off for when it's ok to stop being civil?
  • Sir314 wrote: »
    How about this... if this were a movie, would Finn and C3PO be able to fight Darth Traya? Negative...they would both die instantly.

    So, how about be really happy that zFinn was a beast for 2 years, and then realize that he actually shouldn't be able to stuff Traya. And give CG a break. Try playing some other equivalent mobile games, and get a feel for how bad some of the dev teams are... Maybe then you'll appreciate what a good job CG does.

    Lastly, it's a good idea to realize what whining sounds like to everyone else... Nobody likes whiny b**ches.

    Not the best thing you want to bring up... Finn was pretty much as strong as Kylo the very first time he picked up a Lightsaber
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Well that and any communication is so sought after that seeing a dev actually respond makes people act civil in general. CG has literally starved us of interaction on these forums. Threads start out ok but get progressively worse as people are continually ignored.

    Yep, that’s what I’ve been saying all along too.

    So what is the cut off for when it's ok to stop being civil?

    I personally don’t have an answer, as I don’t believe I’ve become uncivil at any point in this thread, and I can’t provide a hard limit. Everyone has different breaking points. But it doesn’t surprise me that 3 weeks/1300+ replies without any sign of any sort of recognition from CG would exceed some people’s limits.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Well that and any communication is so sought after that seeing a dev actually respond makes people act civil in general. CG has literally starved us of interaction on these forums. Threads start out ok but get progressively worse as people are continually ignored.

    Yep, that’s what I’ve been saying all along too.

    So what is the cut off for when it's ok to stop being civil?

    I personally don’t have an answer, as I don’t believe I’ve become uncivil at any point in this thread, and I can’t provide a hard limit. Everyone has different breaking points. But it doesn’t surprise me that 3 weeks/1300+ replies without any sign of any sort of recognition from CG would exceed some people’s limits.

    As I said before, if someone is doing something for fun or something they want to enjoy, but are finding themselves with no recourse but to become uncivil, its probably a good idea to take a breath and step back to gain some perspective.

    Expressing frustration about a situation doesn't have to be uncivil in any way. Trying to pass the buck for how people act towards someone to someone else, isnt really fair, we all make "hard choices" in our lives, being civil shouldnt be that hard. But that's just me.

    Thank you for your conversation, I will leave it here so we can get back on topic.
  • If you’re going to nerf Finn,

    THEN

    JUST

    DO

    IT.

    Stop making everyone angry with unticipation.
  • Hi @CG_SBCrumb noticed that you just "fixed" c3po's interaction with Traya's lightsaber. I'm rooting for you, your only ONE EASY STEP AWAY from ending this thread !

    Now...all you have to do is make it so that expose cant be applied to a toppled Traya and zfinn/c3 cant solo anymore and CLS wont be able to solo either(since Rebels wont gain TM for a debuff that cant even be applied...right?) .

    Solos for a phase you care ALOT about wont be possible anymore and you wont have to give a zeta refund because no one with basic common sense wants zFinn's kit changed at all :)

    Your almost there, you got this!
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

    There is nothing wrong with being mad, that doesnt mean we shouldnt try to be civil. The dev team are not the ones that have composure issues.

    Unfortunately it's not possible to comment on a "coherent point" when the forums have an angry mob. There is also no reason that a group of people should let themselves get to the point of being called an angry mob, just because they are upset and have some general anonymity of the internet. The responses we do get are rarely met by a calming crowd, so no generally speaking I don't think that has been the case. I think if more would try to stay calm when expressing themselves from the beginning we might see more, but that is just my opinion.

    I totally agree we shouldn't stoop to the level of an angry uncivilized mob, but i do think more frequent (effective) communication may mitigate getting to that point in the first place.

    Also let's face it, the anonymity of the internet is something we have to deal with now in this day and age. Whether it should or shouldn't be the case is irrelevant, it is the case. I'm simply making a suggestion on how these types of situations might be handled a bit better, which may lead to happier gamers (read customers).
  • MrBlack
    11 posts Member
    Please don’t change anything. The aat raid has been around forever and it’s boring and time consuming. Take a poll. I’d imagine the-majority of the player base wants no change.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    There is nothing wrong with being mad, that doesnt mean we shouldnt try to be civil. The dev team are not the ones that have composure issues.

    Unfortunately it's not possible to comment on a "coherent point" when the forums have an angry mob. There is also no reason that a group of people should let themselves get to the point of being called an angry mob, just because they are upset and have some general anonymity of the internet. The responses we do get are rarely met by a calming crowd, so no generally speaking I don't think that has been the case. I think if more would try to stay calm when expressing themselves from the beginning we might see more, but that is just my opinion.

    I totally agree we shouldn't stoop to the level of an angry uncivilized mob, but i do think more frequent (effective) communication may mitigate getting to that point in the first place.

    Also let's face it, the anonymity of the internet is something we have to deal with now in this day and age. Whether it should or shouldn't be the case is irrelevant, it is the case. I'm simply making a suggestion on how these types of situations might be handled a bit better, which may lead to happier gamers (read customers).

    I have seen both sides become uncivil. Not to long ago a dev went off and Reddit blew up, CG basically apologized. None of us have halos on. If the game angers players to the point of rage, why play? Too many other games out there with more on the way.
  • Ravens1113
    4643 posts Member
    Still nothing...sigh....but we aren’t supposed to get upset and question the devs ability to do their jobs...oy vey
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    I was not trying to say they dont because of the mood here, just suggesting that the more off hand open commenting might be more likely if we worked towards a more common goal of not acting like we know what's going on. Saying they dont read feedback and then resorting to name calling or other insults, doesnt help. Acting like not getting a response by X time justifies any uncivility, is just not true. Blaming the dev for how people act is one of those things..... how does someone control what someone else does? We make our own choices, we shouldnt try to pass the buck.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Still nothing...sigh....but we aren’t supposed to get upset and question the devs ability to do their jobs...oy vey

    It's OK to be upset and mad, we're human afterall. I'm only suggesting to not completely lose it and to at least remain civil about it.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    The community has shown no ability to stop flaming. Doubt there is anyrhing CG could do to actually stop it. Yes, I myself would appreciate better communication, but I choose not to flame out and call for the community manager to be fired. Come on man, can't you see the difference? And by the way, no one is responsible for what you say but you. CG doesn't control you through a Vulcan mind meld, or a jedi mind tricks. ;) Giving someone else responsibility for your actions is a cop out.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • I don't think the goh community is impolite. Hardly anything posted here is mean spirited.
    Have a look at the comment section of a random youtube video ... thats what nasty looks like.

    Anyway ... zFinn is a Revan-counter on offense. Since they take this away, there is only the mirror-counter.

    And I don't see him as useful in any part of the game after the change. By now, all PVP is Revan ... Arena is Revan-teams, TW is Revan-walls, GA is Revan-squads ,,,

    And PVE ... what matters is HSTR, where zFinn will not be helpful anymore.
    And he will probably not do too well in HAAT .... after the nerf.
    In TB ... I do not think zFinn will make any difference.

    What else? Where is he still good? Farming LS 9-C? Cantina 8-B? GW? Come on ... this is simable anyways.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Still nothing...sigh....but we aren’t supposed to get upset and question the devs ability to do their jobs...oy vey

    Don't be "toxic" Brie Larson is on the forum. oops wrong thread :-)
    P.S.: If this isn't clear. I'm suggesting that shutting down debate by saying any dissent is toxic is not a good path for open feedback.
    P.P.S: This is added because there is a strong censorship vibe for a certain point of view.
    Post edited by KM1 on
This discussion has been closed.