unnecessarily difficult!

Prev1
Got the rust bucket at 7 stars after 1.5 hours of retries with my g11+ ewoks all of them over 235 speed but ohh well. The end of this event makes me think that it was unnecessarily difficult, too many ability mats and gear wasted on a faction so incredibly bad that I'm basically never ever going to use them in the game again. They are just straight up trash and this events confirmed it for me. When a g11.5 character can't crit for more than 10k I know they aren't gonna be of much use.

Anyways those are my two cents, I sincerely hope we never see another legendary with that difficulty no matter how long the characters have been available to farm.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Ewoks are fab. They need Chirpa's zeta to set them off, but once that engine starts there's not much stopping it. Full 6/6 clears in TW, great offensive squad for GA, and they look like Care Bears that have been on a boil wash. I love mine.
  • It was so easy, 2 tries without remodding, 1 with, game over. G11 zirpa, g12 elder/wicket, g10 pap/log. Took me longer to remod that to beat it.
  • Ewoks aren't trash, they definitely have use in TW/GA. If you were expecting to rely on massive DPS to brute force your way through enemies, you need to go back, look at their kits and re-evaluate your strategy.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's simple, frustrated players pay more than happy players.
    And I would take any reports about easy wins with a grain of salt, we are dealing with a company that intentionally gave misleading footage to their promoters. You think they wouldn't have plants on their forum?
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Ewoks trash !?! Obviously a new player
  • Try them against a full g12 Rey Jedi Training squad (without Holdo) next GA/TW, then let us know how you feel
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    And I would take any reports about easy wins with a grain of salt, we are dealing with a company that intentionally gave misleading footage to their promoters. You think they wouldn't have plants on their forum?

conspiracy theories aside, if you go in with full gear/zetas it's definately an easy win.
    The choice that some players make that they would rather spend an hour or more on a event to get RNG to work in their favour instead of spending weeks to grind the gear only to complain about it being too difficult is not really ea/cg's fault imo.
    (pls send me crystals now ea/cg)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

conspiracy theories aside, if you go in with full gear/zetas it's definately an easy win.
    The choice that some players make that they would rather spend an hour or more on a event to get RNG to work in their favour instead of spending weeks to grind the gear only to complain about it being too difficult is not really ea/cg's fault imo.

Yeah, I am talking about low gear/bad mod wins. Of course, full gear with zetas should beat it with no problem.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I spent a lot of time and resources into gearing them and gave them 2 zetas. Waiting since 2 hours to the right rng for the 1st turn because even at g11 they die in 1 shot because i dont have godly mods.

you're kinda proving my point
  • Git gud
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

This event is significantly harder than Thrawn's event, but significantly easier than Chewie's event.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

This event is significantly harder than Thrawn's event, but significantly easier than Chewie's event.

I think the worst aspect of this event is the randomness. You can get wildly different results with the exact same team.
  • It's a faction that's been in the game for a long time, so it is not a surprise that you need a well prepared team to tackle it. That being said, g12 elder wicket zchirpa, g11 paploo, and g8 teebo with crummy mods almost took tier 7 on my first attempt and cruised through it on the second. They're a different faction that are a load of fun to use. The strategy is death by 1000 cuts, so you won't see big numbers, but you will see massive amounts of assists and turn meter gain. There is certainly nothing weak about the little furry fellas!
  • It's a faction that's been in the game for a long time, so it is not a surprise that you need a well prepared team to tackle it. That being said, g12 elder wicket zchirpa, g11 paploo, and g8 teebo with crummy mods almost took tier 7 on my first attempt and cruised through it on the second. They're a different faction that are a load of fun to use. The strategy is death by 1000 cuts, so you won't see big numbers, but you will see massive amounts of assists and turn meter gain. There is certainly nothing weak about the little furry fellas!

Lucky you. I’m G12 with Chief-Z, Wicket, EE, Scout and G10 Teebo. The G12 Ewoks have 6 dot mods and I can barely take down 1 enemy. They kill 1 or stun 2 before I get a turn. Most of the time they just kill and stun EE immediately. The RNG fest is very poorly designed. The idea is a surprise attack so shouldn’t the Ewoks get to go first? Worst idea ever...
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    That was brutal took me 50 tries . My fault though lol g9 logray g10 wicket
  • Jealous of the success, been at it for over 10 hours, changing mods, trying everything. I've read 80 different posts, read what toons to have, just haven't had the lucky rng yet. F-ing ridiculous!!! zChirpa, EE, Scout, Teebo, and Paploo. All g11 except Paploo is g9 so I get that I'm not using the ideal combination since my Logray is 5* and my 7* Wicket is g7, but still...shouldn't be this difficult.
  • You'll find out how worthless the ewoks are when they show up in your Grand Arena and you think you are just going to mow them down with ease.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    It's a faction that's been in the game for a long time, so it is not a surprise that you need a well prepared team to tackle it. That being said, g12 elder wicket zchirpa, g11 paploo, and g8 teebo with crummy mods almost took tier 7 on my first attempt and cruised through it on the second. They're a different faction that are a load of fun to use. The strategy is death by 1000 cuts, so you won't see big numbers, but you will see massive amounts of assists and turn meter gain. There is certainly nothing weak about the little furry fellas!

Lucky you. I’m G12 with Chief-Z, Wicket, EE, Scout and G10 Teebo. The G12 Ewoks have 6 dot mods and I can barely take down 1 enemy. They kill 1 or stun 2 before I get a turn. Most of the time they just kill and stun EE immediately. The RNG fest is very poorly designed. The idea is a surprise attack so shouldn’t the Ewoks get to go first? Worst idea ever...

The dispell and taunt from paploo helped me out a ton. That's probably the difference. All ewoks were modded for health with wicket modded for crit damage. Speed is important but the mod sets are important as well.
  • You'll find out how worthless the ewoks are when they show up in your Grand Arena and you think you are just going to mow them down with ease.

I've never lost an ewok team in GA or TW, I've faced g12 full zeta ewoks before, yes they are trash, they don't compare to any of the best squads around
  • The RNG is terrible. I did about 150 attempts and I used Ewok Elder's cleanse in everyone and it didn't revive at all.
  • Waqui wrote: »

I disagree. Chewie's event has a method in which to buffer your team's health to mitigate the opening volley. You can also unlock him using a G6 or a G7 hunter provided you still mod them with potency. It really comes down to Dengar preventing stealth, Bossk's Frenzy to give him a couple quick turns in a row, and Fett going HAM. Unlocks of Chewie are happening in the low 40K for squad power. I unlocked C3P0 with 55-56K and I don't see a successful unlock going much lower than that. Logray would help, but apparently he needs to be on milk cartons because he sure isn't showing up for folks in the Guild Store.
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I disagree. Chewie's event has a method in which to buffer your team's health to mitigate the opening volley. You can also unlock him using a G6 or a G7 hunter provided you still mod them with potency. It really comes down to Dengar preventing stealth, Bossk's Frenzy to give him a couple quick turns in a row, and Fett going HAM. Unlocks of Chewie are happening in the low 40K for squad power. I unlocked C3P0 with 55-56K and I don't see a successful unlock going much lower than that. Logray would help, but apparently he needs to be on milk cartons because he sure isn't showing up for folks in the Guild Store.

I'd say it all depends on what team you use. If you had Bossk, then Chewie event went a lot more smoothly. I used Boba lead, Dengar, Cad Bane, Greedo, and Ig-88 and took a lot of attempts to finally get chewie 7 star. But if you have Bossk, Jango, and maybe other newer BH, from videos I've seen seems much easier. Same for 3po event. If you have Chirpa zeta, logray, wicket, elder, paploo then it was much easier and much less demanding of gear. gear 9 and 10 did the trick with decent mods. I had 2 ewoks with 90 speed from mods, 2 with 80 and one with 56. If you lacked logray or paploo would have been much harder. Paploo really was the mvp for me with the taunts and dispel on basic.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    You'll find out how worthless the ewoks are when they show up in your Grand Arena and you think you are just going to mow them down with ease.

I've never lost an ewok team in GA or TW, I've faced g12 full zeta ewoks before, yes they are trash, they don't compare to any of the best squads around

If you can name 14 (7 def, 7 offense) GA squads better than ewoks i'd be suprised tbh. + ewoks get underestimated quite often in my experience.

You have never lost an ewok team ... but they are trash. OK.
    I agree with you, they are not as good as the "best squads around," but they are often underestimated. If they survive one round on D, that could be all you need to get the W.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If they survive one round on D, that could be all you need to get the W.

Yep. They have sustainability and TM gain so if you do lose a battle to them, you could be in a lot of trouble for subsequent battles.
  • leef wrote: »
    You'll find out how worthless the ewoks are when they show up in your Grand Arena and you think you are just going to mow them down with ease.

If you can name 14 (7 def, 7 offense) GA squads better than ewoks i'd be suprised tbh. + ewoks get underestimated quite often in my experience.

1. Revan/Bastila/Yoda/GK/Barriss/QGJ lead + 4 other jedi
    2. CLS+Han+Chew +2
    3. Traya+Sion+Nihilus+2
    4. Palpatine+Vander+Tank+2
    5. Bossk/Jango and 4 BH
    6. KRU+ FO
    7. RJT+ BB8+ R2+ Rey scavenger+ tank
    8. Finn+ Poe+ RT+ Holdo+ 1 resistance
    9. GG+ Separatist droids
    10. Quira+ scoundrels
    11. Rex+Wampa+ Enfys+2
    12. R1
    13. Phoenix
    14. Imp troopers
    15. Nightsisters
    16. Maul+Zavage+Dooku+SA+ 1 sith

Also I would add Wiggs/Ackbar+ Leia+STH but you may not agree with their ability to win
  • Also the new OR toons with Karth, Canderous, Mission, Zalbar, T3