5* vs 6* vs 7* for 3PO

RefugeAssassin
123 posts Member
edited March 2019
Since this is only the second go around, Im not sure anyone would have a definitive answer but how aside from the star level allowing 3P0 to do heroics have G12 etc, how much does he improve with each star level? Looking at him overall he seems like he is really more useful for his skillset rather than his survivability. I was able to unlock 5 this go around and might be able to get 6* but without some amazing luck and spending some coin, im doubtful to see 7*. Ill drop a $20 bucks on crystals once every few months but im not really keen on doing more than that so at this point its either spend cheese to get 7 or roll with 6 and wait it out. I will primarily use him in a CLS Rebel team with Chewy https://swgoh.gg/p/362119136/

Just curious your thoughts.
Post edited by RefugeAssassin on

Replies

• lladdir
    146 posts Member
    Well purely looking at it from a stat perspective the difference between 5/6* and 7* is only a few thousand health and a bit better armour. The main difference comes from the ability to equip 6* mods (and G12 pieces) which on a full loadout gives +7 speed compared to the same set at 5* plus higher health/protection primaries and secondaries and maybe potency (for the team you’re talking about potency is a bit of an iffy stat). Outside of that C-3PO doesn’t really use any other stat. So the difference between 5/6* and 7* is around about 7 speed and a bit lower health/protection (okay protection is over 10K of a difference after going to G12)(this doesn't include G12 pieces which give.+12 speed and +12250 health plus some strength which also boosts health)

Can you run a 5/6* C-3PO and still be just about as effective as a 7* C-3PO, yes. You’ll be a bit slower and squishier but it won’t be enough to stop you (I've ran a 5* C-3PO pretty much since his first event and if I use refreshes I can take first place but I drop like a rock on defense)
  • RefugeAssassin
    123 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    lladdir wrote: »
    Well purely looking at it from a stat perspective the difference between 5/6* and 7* is only a few thousand health and a bit better armour. The main difference comes from the ability to equip 6* mods (and G12 pieces) which on a full loadout gives +7 speed compared to the same set at 5* plus higher health/protection primaries and secondaries and maybe potency (for the team you’re talking about potency is a bit of an iffy stat). Outside of that C-3PO doesn’t really use any other stat. So the difference between 5/6* and 7* is around about 7 speed and a bit lower health/protection (okay protection is over 10K of a difference after going to G12)(this doesn't include G12 pieces which give.+12 speed and +12250 health plus some strength which also boosts health)

Can you run a 5/6* C-3PO and still be just about as effective as a 7* C-3PO, yes. You’ll be a bit slower and squishier but it won’t be enough to stop you (I've ran a 5* C-3PO pretty much since his first event and if I use refreshes I can take first place but I drop like a rock on defense)

This was exactly what I was looking for. I generally have no issues spending money on games but 60 bucks for a pack of "E-Things" ill never tangibly own is kinda hard to swallow. The fact that this event came earlier in the month rather than later in the month has squeezed me from being able to get 7* stars due to the gear I still need plus im still short shards for both Chirpa (1/100) and Logray (48/100) which while not totally required, make it tons easier. Im sure having the event this early was purposeful to invoke panic spending and thats fine, I just wont do it.
  • You don’t need the g12 on him really. He’s always stealthed and 5* is fine. I’m not gonna put g12 on mine. Save yourself some gear.
  • But he is a raid beast if you are so inclined
  • I was able to get C3P0 at 6* the first time around with a pretty bare Ewok team. I had 6* Paploo and Chirpa. I did put the zeta on Chirpa, accepting that it would be needed for 7* too.
    I just now got C3P0 at 7* using the following: zChirpa G10, Elder G12, Wicket G11, Paploo G11 and Teebo G8. If you get Logray to 7 for next time, you are golden, but I think you can get 6* this time and get a better C3P0. I did have to put my arena (high speed secondary mods) onto the Ewoks both times around to unlock 6* and now 7*. Hopes this helps! I wouldn't whale out, as having C3 at all is helpful for Raids and in my case, Squad Arena (CLS Lead, C3, R2, Han and Chewie and I was still 100-200 rank everyday with C3 at 6*).
  • RefugeAssassin
    123 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Again this was tremendously helpful. I was able to get 6* after about 5 tries with this squad after I realized the previous 50 or so tries I kept calling Teebo instead of EE with Wicket, They all look the same to me and as you can tell Ive never really played Ewoks. I still have to some up with the 99 or so shards for Chirpa before I can even consider attempting 7*, but in the event I do somehow get there, assuming I leave Teebo at G8, what order gear levels would you recommend increasing? My gut tells me EE or Wicket but Im not sure. I can probably level up one or 2 more before the event ends if I get lucky with some drops.
  • Again this was tremendously helpful. I was able to get 6* after about 5 tries with this squad after I realized the previous 50 or so tries I kept calling Teebo instead of EE with Wicket, They all look the same to me and as you can tell Ive never really played Ewoks. I still have to some up with the 99 or so shards for Chirpa before I can even consider attempting 7*, but in the event I do somehow get there, assuming I leave Teebo at G8, what order gear levels would you recommend increasing? My gut tells me EE or Wicket but Im not sure. I can probably level up one or 2 more before the event ends if I get lucky with some drops.

Every member of the team is pretty crucial to be honest, they all have to survive so you have to gear them all to about the same level. Id say give wicket more gear if I had to pick 1, and of the team you have I’d say teebo is least important. The ideal setup is chirpa elder wicket logray paploo and they can do it at g9 if you’re willing to give it like 100 tries. If you farm that team for next time you will save gear.

Anyway you said you wanted him for your rebel team, and if you don’t care about raids, it’s really NOT worth the huge difference in gear you need between 6 and 7*. For arena/GA you really don’t need him maxed.
  • RefugeAssassin
    123 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Again this was tremendously helpful. I was able to get 6* after about 5 tries with this squad after I realized the previous 50 or so tries I kept calling Teebo instead of EE with Wicket, They all look the same to me and as you can tell Ive never really played Ewoks. I still have to some up with the 99 or so shards for Chirpa before I can even consider attempting 7*, but in the event I do somehow get there, assuming I leave Teebo at G8, what order gear levels would you recommend increasing? My gut tells me EE or Wicket but Im not sure. I can probably level up one or 2 more before the event ends if I get lucky with some drops.

Every member of the team is pretty crucial to be honest, they all have to survive so you have to gear them all to about the same level. Id say give wicket more gear if I had to pick 1, and of the team you have I’d say teebo is least important. The ideal setup is chirpa elder wicket logray paploo and they can do it at g9 if you’re willing to give it like 100 tries. If you farm that team for next time you will save gear.

Anyway you said you wanted him for your rebel team, and if you don’t care about raids, it’s really NOT worth the huge difference in gear you need between 6 and 7*. For arena/GA you really don’t need him maxed.

Well I DO actually want him for raids (Traya especially) but we're not running that heroic yet anyways. The only other reason im really farming him hard is FOMO in the event a Jedi Luke gets announced and he somehow fits in for acquiring him. I really dont see how 3PO would be relevant in that regard but know how difficult a farm he is CG would probably try to find a way to make it required.

Im just going to standard F2P power farm Chirpa shards and gear for the rest, if I get lucky then ill give G7 a shot but I think getting the 6* this time around after having very little farm of Ewoks when this event first dropped as F2P is more than good enough for now. Part of my problem is while I have all my Ewoks over 200 speed (230-201) my "God" mods I sliced up to 6 so I cant use any of them (SMH) so this limits my speed and specific sets I had put together, but thats on me not CG.

Thanks!
  • There are some really helpful Ewok guides out there (https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a25zng/a_quickish_guide_to_murderbears/) and I would read on them.
    My advice? Get Elder up pretty high as he has to survive or else your attempt is shot. Then Paploo and Wicket (taunt and damage dealer) along with Chirpa (zeta is really crucial) and I can't say much on Logray as he is a pain to farm and I knew it was possible without him, but definitely easier with him. That guide has some good stuff on mods, priorities, etc.

• Well don’t worry about Jedi Luke, cos if they released him and C3po was required they would run the event again beforehand and by then you could have the team I mentioned.

Overall I reckon you could put that gear to much better use
  • He works great at 5*/6* for GA/TW, so if you don't want him for raids save your cash.
  • Yep, im tapping out on trying to 7* him this time. Ill get the gear and the other 52 logray shards as I find them but im not going to rush anything further on this go around.

Thanks everyone for your insights, very helpful.
  • I just finished and got 7* C3PO with the following:
    g11 zchirpa, g11 elder, g11 paploo, g10 teebo, g9 wicket.....took many many tries for a couple days