unnecessarily difficult!

2Next

Replies

• Ewoks are pretty good, and they're a very fun team to play as. They consistently get underestimated in GA as well, mine almost always last more than 1 battle.
  • Ewoks are pretty good, and they're a very fun team to play as. They consistently get underestimated in GA as well, mine almost always last more than 1 battle.

I just mentioned 17 full squads that are better than ewoks
  • In fact they are sooooo good that I get excited every time one of them manages to hit over 10k on a crit... Try killing a Bossk or a KRU or a Sith trooper with ewoks you may time out

In fact they are sooooo good that I get excited every time one of them manages to hit over 10k on a crit... Try killing a Bossk or a KRU or a Sith trooper with ewoks you may time out

My wicket crits for 25k on his special, 10k on his AOE. G12 no extra pieces. You just named a bunch of teams. Some of them ewoks can't beat for sure. But they have beaten Revan teams. Where is the evidence that they are categorically worse than every team you mentioned. They have enough tenacity up to beat palp with no Sion. They counter many common defenses in TW and GA. They are a balanced team in the game and you're giving them no where near enough credit

• My wicket crits for 25k on his special, 10k on his AOE. G12 no extra pieces. You just named a bunch of teams. Some of them ewoks can't beat for sure. But they have beaten Revan teams. Where is the evidence that they are categorically worse than every team you mentioned. They have enough tenacity up to beat palp with no Sion. They counter many common defenses in TW and GA. They are a balanced team in the game and you're giving them no where near enough credit

Considering he claimed that Phoenix and R1 are better than ewoks, it's pretty clear he doesn't know what he's talking about (if that wasn't otherwise clear anyway).
  • In fact they are sooooo good that I get excited every time one of them manages to hit over 10k on a crit... Try killing a Bossk or a KRU or a Sith trooper with ewoks you may time out

I routinely use my g11 ewoks to beat g12 BH and FO teams.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    R1, phoenix, maul and ackbar are worse teams than ewoks imo.
    However, you can easily make 2 better jedi teams (revan and bastila lead) and 2 better scoundrel teams (carth and qira lead).
    So that's 15 teams, some of which are arguably equal in usefullness to ewoks. In the top15 of most usefull teams is not what i'd consider trash.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Got it done in about a dozen tries. g11 ewoks, one zeta on chief

Didn't think my mods are exceptional, but you can look at the mods here-

https://swgoh.gg/p/189794965/characters/?f=Ewok

all it really took was the enemy spreading out their initial burst, with the worst runs when EE got killed right away

I actually preferred Chewie's t7 to this one, even tho it was harder. Chew felt less reliant on RNG, but maybe my BH were better preped
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    as for the underestimation aspect of ewoks:
    k2bejd.jpg
    That's the win right there. Granted, my opponent most likely wouldn't have won either way, but still.

• My wicket crits for 25k on his special, 10k on his AOE. G12 no extra pieces. You just named a bunch of teams. Some of them ewoks can't beat for sure. But they have beaten Revan teams. Where is the evidence that they are categorically worse than every team you mentioned. They have enough tenacity up to beat palp with no Sion. They counter many common defenses in TW and GA. They are a balanced team in the game and you're giving them no where near enough credit

Considering he claimed that Phoenix and R1 are better than ewoks, it's pretty clear he doesn't know what he's talking about (if that wasn't otherwise clear anyway).

Of course they are, they are pilots to some of the best ships in the game. Phoenix with Zetas will take on ewoks with zetas 100% of the time with ease. Ezra and Zeb deal tons of damage. R1 definitely better on defense

Of course they are, they are pilots to some of the best ships in the game. Phoenix with Zetas will take on ewoks with zetas 100% of the time with ease. Ezra and Zeb deal tons of damage. R1 definitely better on defense

You're overly interested in damage numbers instead of total possible damage. The ewoks take so many turns and call so many assists that big numbers aren't as important. Besides. Logray's daze pretty much cripples pheonix

You're overly interested in damage numbers instead of total possible damage. The ewoks take so many turns and call so many assists that big numbers aren't as important. Besides. Logray's daze pretty much cripples pheonix

Well the Phoenix can cleanse. I do value a good burst damage because certain squads can ONLY be beat with big hits before they have time to recover. Good lock killing a g12 zetad Phoenix with the amount of protection and health they recover with each turn. I would rank ewoks between top 14 and top 17 squads in the game which is alot closer to the bottom than the top. This automatically makes them a bad faction. The fact that they don't have ships also lowers their value compared to Phoenix, R1, Wiggs, Sith ect who do have ships and therefore you hit two birds with one stone.

Think of it this way, if you had a completely maxed out account, all gear, all Zetas maxed on every single character and you had to play GA against a guy who had the exact same account, everything maxed out and it was not about fun but all about winning , let's say there was a big money prize on the line. I beat ewoks would not make it in your defensive line up and during offense you would only use them if your primary teams failed and you had to dig in your roster to clear a squad. This is simply the truth and nobody can deny that and this is what makes ewoks bad compared to so many other squads
  • GoldMan
    43 posts Member
    I like to POST my personal comment.

I have a thought that CG wanted certain type of players OUT OF THIS GAME.
    I don't see why CG want to design such "difficulty" compared to that Jedi Revan.
    I may end up quitting the game due to frustration. LOL. i can't beat 7* difficulty till now.
  • GoldMan wrote: »
    I like to POST my personal comment.

I have a thought that CG wanted certain type of players OUT OF THIS GAME.
    I don't see why CG want to design such "difficulty" compared to that Jedi Revan.
    I may end up quitting the game due to frustration. LOL. i can't beat 7* difficulty till now.

I hear you man, it's frustrating to have to gear a bad faction to get such a core character! Especially for newer players who are still missing other core characters and they should not be wasting gear for trash
  • Contego
    40 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    You'll find out how worthless the ewoks are when they show up in your Grand Arena and you think you are just going to mow them down with ease.

I've never lost an ewok team in GA or TW, I've faced g12 full zeta ewoks before, yes they are trash, they don't compare to any of the best squads around

If you can name 14 (7 def, 7 offense) GA squads better than ewoks i'd be suprised tbh. + ewoks get underestimated quite often in my experience.

1. Revan/Bastila/Yoda/GK/Barriss/QGJ lead + 4 other jedi
    2. CLS+Han+Chew +2
    3. Traya+Sion+Nihilus+2
    4. Palpatine+Vander+Tank+2
    5. Bossk/Jango and 4 BH
    6. KRU+ FO
    7. RJT+ BB8+ R2+ Rey scavenger+ tank
    8. Finn+ Poe+ RT+ Holdo+ 1 resistance
    9. GG+ Separatist droids
    10. Quira+ scoundrels
    11. Rex+Wampa+ Enfys+2
    12. R1
    13. Phoenix
    14. Imp troopers
    15. Nightsisters
    16. Maul+Zavage+Dooku+SA+ 1 sith

Also I would add Wiggs/Ackbar+ Leia+STH but you may not agree with their ability to win

I can take out near half of those teams with my ewoks. I was running ewoks in arena during the Traya meta, and I was getting 1st everyday. Ewoks aren't trash...you just have to know how to use them.
  • Contego
    40 posts Member
    In fact they are sooooo good that I get excited every time one of them manages to hit over 10k on a crit... Try killing a Bossk or a KRU or a Sith trooper with ewoks you may time out

Uhhh, I use ewoks against Bossk and KRU every GA/TW. I guess they're only as good as the player using them...
  • Contego wrote: »

Uhhh, I use ewoks against Bossk and KRU every GA/TW. I guess they're only as good as the player using them...

Badly modded ones I believe it. I have yet to face a player with a Bossk over 255 speed, which is where mine is and I could go higher. Without that fast taunt by Bossk it should be easier to beat them
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Contego wrote: »

Badly modded ones I believe it. I have yet to face a player with a Bossk over 255 speed, which is where mine is and I could go higher. Without that fast taunt by Bossk it should be easier to beat them

You're kinda making an argument in favour of ewoks since you're apparanlty only facing badly modded bossk teams, haha.
    Regardless, with equal mods the ewok team will win on offense. You're grossly underestimating the ewok team. Also a quick fyi, paploo is faster than bossk.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ewoks are pretty good, and they're a very fun team to play as. They consistently get underestimated in GA as well, mine almost always last more than 1 battle.

no you didnt
    because you obv have zero knowledge about their skills
    ewoks beat everything on your list on offense besides maybe traya and revan

and wasting hours on c3po with your gear (and mods) just showcases already that you dont know what you are doing
    there is no rng in this event with the proper mods at g11+ and the right ewoks
  • Contego wrote: »

Bossk at 255 speed is +93. +93 speed puts Paploo at 213. With his unique, Paploo will start the match at 266 speed, so the ewoks go first. This will remain true for faster speeds as well (i.e., a 300 speed Bossk is +137, whereas Paploo with +137 would be 321 speed when he isn't taunting). And I've faced 250-260 speed Bossks with my ewoks. My 216 speed Paploo gets the party started and it's game over (also, unless you have the second zeta on Bossk, Paploo's dispel on basic gets rid of that taunt real quick anyway).
  • I take out Bossk, JTR, FO teams with G11 Ewoks will relative ease. R1 and Phoenix are better? Give me a break. Aside from Ezra and Sabine in HSTR Phoenix offer very little outside of ships.

I personally found this event easier than Thrawn, because Ewoks trump Phoenix
  • Contego
    40 posts Member
    Contego wrote: »

Wrong again. My Paploo would go first against your Bossk, and then the TM train starts.
  • ****...I have tried 250 times...no luck
    Z Chirpa
    Z wicket
    Elder
    Scout
    Teebo

All gear 12...all with 6 tier mods. All omegas. All 7*. All speed over 220

I know logray and palpoo would be nice to have . But really people are getting 7* 3po with gear 8 teams....as long as you halve logray..and palpoo
  • SITH9000 wrote: »
    ****...I have tried 250 times...no luck
    Z Chirpa
    Z wicket
    Elder
    Scout
    Teebo

All gear 12...all with 6 tier mods. All omegas. All 7*. All speed over 220

I know logray and palpoo would be nice to have . But really people are getting 7* 3po with gear 8 teams....as long as you halve logray..and palpoo

The best I can say is try and use elders basic as often as possible and safe teebo's dispell for the trooper's taunt. Then burst down chewie. The most difficult bits of this event are surviving the opening volley, which you certainly have the gear for, chewie attaching out of turn, which lograys daze would stop, and trooper taunting, for which paploo has another dispell.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    It was so easy, 2 tries without remodding, 1 with, game over. G11 zirpa, g12 elder/wicket, g10 pap/log. Took me longer to remod that to beat it.

Yeah, easy with that lineup which is pretty much the ideal lineup.

The real goal is to invest as little as possible into Ewoks and still walk away with a 7* golden rod.
  • O finally got him. With 500 attemps