Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

  • 252849242_373d779ccd.jpg
    Leader: Grey Area 51
  • Nitrogen
    118 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Every day I keep thinking: today's the day the nurf is happening... and it never does. Has there been any indication on timing?
    Post edited by Nitrogen on
  • Kyno
    26649 posts Moderator
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Every day I keep thinking: today's the day the nurf it happening... and it never does. Has there been any indication on timing?

    Yes, tophat said, he was thinking 2 weeks from when it was announced, but couldn't make any promises.
  • Nitrogen wrote: »
    Every day I keep thinking: today's the day the nurf it happening... and it never does. Has there been any indication on timing?

    No, there's been no valid timetable given
  • Possum
    24 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ”All they have to do is say they’ll refund the zeta and stick with their previous ideals on this matter. Problem solved.

    I would prefer they go back to the drawing board instead of implementing this nerf. But if they’re determined to ruin Finn, then yes, I want my zeta back.
  • Ravens1113
    2644 posts Member
    Possum wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ”All they have to do is say they’ll refund the zeta and stick with their previous ideals on this matter. Problem solved.

    I would prefer they go back to the drawing board instead of implementing this nerf. But if they’re determined to ruin Finn, then yes, I want my zeta back.

    Oh I would too. But if they insist on doing this then I’d like my zeta and materials refunded because this isn’t what I spent it on.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    This thread really went meta!

    I better just get back to my daily Refund Finn zeta fun posts. Course I agree as well, the best option would be to rethink this entire thing, but have they ever actually done that?

    To Refund, or to not refund, that is the question, and the answer? Gravity effects everything the same, only refunds fall faster!
  • YaeVizsla
    3447 posts Member
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Hi CG_SBCrumb noticed that you just "fixed" c3po's interaction with Traya's lightsaber. I'm rooting for you, your only ONE EASY STEP AWAY from ending this thread !

    Now...all you have to do is make it so that expose cant be applied to a toppled Traya and zfinn/c3 cant solo anymore and CLS wont be able to solo either(since Rebels wont gain TM for a debuff that cant even be applied...right?) .

    Solos for a phase you care ALOT about wont be possible anymore and you wont have to give a zeta refund because no one with basic common sense wants zFinn's kit changed at all :)

    Your almost there, you got this!
    Hello. I have common sense. I think Finn's lead should change.

    The problem with zFinn is not just soloing Traya. zFinn was a problem long before the Sith raid. And the problem with zFinn is not just in or from 3PO.

    The problem with zFinn is in Poe, in Trooper, in Pilot, in Rose, in Holdo, in JTR.

    The problem with zFinn is it that it's so extreme and so broken that it cannot be part of the game, and cannot be fed from the point it began. When zFinn came out, its in-faction tools to run its core mechanic of Expose were Finn, Poe, Pilot, and Trooper. Nearly a year later, with the release of four units- BB-8, Rose, Amilyn, Rey- Finn's tools were still Finn, Poe, Pilot, and Trooper. The only exposer added was BB-8 summoning Exodia, which comes too late to be relevant to Finn's lead.

    Other than Trooper, those units are really bad. And bad at their own shtick of exposing. They didn't get another exposer under the lead in over a year because the lead is so insane. The victory condition for the team is pretty much land an expose. Soon as you do that, RT goes, pops the expose, and your team gains a total of 175% TM. 230% if RT reapplies the expose. Once you get that first expose, as long as you pop a bubble every couple of turns, you do not stop going until the enemy is all dead. That's not a healthy mechanic, and it's been holding Resistance back because while Resistance's core mechanic is expose, it's not good at it.

    Resistance has Finn as the faction's only 100% expose that isn't on a 70-turn cooldown. Trooper with a 70%, Pilot with a 65% with a 3-turn cooldown, and Poe with an AoE 65% that can't pop existing exposes. And they couldn't get better than that for about two years because Finn's lead is so ridiculous that Resistance can't be good at Expose. Then 3PO came along and didn't break Finn's lead; just revealed the problem that's been limiting design and further content for two years.

    Compare that to some other exposers in the game. Nest (100% basic with counter chance), Sidious (AoE damage multi-expose), IPD (80% basic), Qi'ra (multi-hit multi-expose, popping the first expose), Sabine (AoE damage multi-expose). Even Gamorrean Guard, with a 100% 3-turn special would be better than Pilot under that lead.

    Compare that to other factions that revolve around a single effect, like Boba hunters and thermal detonators, or First Order and advantage, and those factions are actually good at their shtick.

    The reworked Finn lead still looks to be one of the more powerful leads in the game, but one that can let Resistance actually get good expose-related content. Maybe even a Poe rework. And I am all for Resistance actually getting some new stuff for their core concept.
    Still not a he.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We do read all this feedback or at least I do and collate it for the team to review. You folks are very prolific haha. Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news as the fix is still in testing. This has been a constant topic around the office since it occurred so don't worry that we have forgotten.

    Tophat or myself will give everyone an update when we have finalized the changes and I've mentioned this in a few threads, but I'm asking the team to finish putting together a more comprehensive post around how we discuss reworks and what our policy is regarding refunds when doing said reworks or changes/nerfs/buffs/etc to a character.

    Thank you @CG_SBCrumb. Can’t speak for everyone, but this is literally all I’ve been looking for.
  • Kyno
    26649 posts Moderator
    👀
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We do read all this feedback or at least I do and collate it for the team to review. You folks are very prolific haha. Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news as the fix is still in testing. This has been a constant topic around the office since it occurred so don't worry that we have forgotten.

    Tophat or myself will give everyone an update when we have finalized the changes and I've mentioned this in a few threads, but I'm asking the team to finish putting together a more comprehensive post around how we discuss reworks and what our policy is regarding refunds when doing said reworks or changes/nerfs/buffs/etc to a character.

    It got colder in here....oh that’s cause some of the flames died down!

    Thank you for responding and giving us an update that you’re discussing the refund internally, as well as providing an update on the nerf itself.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    I was not trying to say they dont because of the mood here, just suggesting that the more off hand open commenting might be more likely if we worked towards a more common goal of not acting like we know what's going on. Saying they dont read feedback and then resorting to name calling or other insults, doesnt help. Acting like not getting a response by X time justifies any uncivility, is just not true. Blaming the dev for how people act is one of those things..... how does someone control what someone else does? We make our own choices, we shouldnt try to pass the buck.
    There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    The community has shown no ability to stop flaming. Doubt there is anyrhing CG could do to actually stop it. Yes, I myself would appreciate better communication, but I choose not to flame out and call for the community manager to be fired. Come on man, can't you see the difference? And by the way, no one is responsible for what you say but you. CG doesn't control you through a Vulcan mind meld, or a jedi mind tricks. ;) Giving someone else responsibility for your actions is a cop out.

    So happy these didn’t get lost in the thread.
    Yea totally calling for people getting fired is extreme but I kind of just wave that off as not real. Maybe that’s just me. And I deal with enough name calling at work. Maybe I’m just densensitized to all that as a teacher because it’s all so immature.

    And kyno ty for clarifying.

    There are a good core of forumers that are super civil and helpful to the community. I wish that was shown more than a hot mess like it is here.

    Also @CG_SBCrumb great comment, I hope when I reply to things you say ,like this , you don’t think they are condescending. I just think it’s much needed here and want to positively reinforce it.

    Edit* so it made sense lol
    Post edited by Vinny_Vader_Vedi on
  • @CG_SBCrumb thanks for the update and we do appreciate it. My only question though is why let these topics go full blown dumpster fire when a simple “sorry we’re still working out the details guys hang in there” would be more than enough to quell the hounds of this community. I get you take the feedback that u read back to your team but it wouldn’t take much to keep these threads from going so sideways.....
  • Kyno
    26649 posts Moderator
    @CG_SBCrumb thanks for the update and we do appreciate it. My only question though is why let these topics go full blown dumpster fire when a simple “sorry we’re still working out the details guys hang in there” would be more than enough to quell the hounds of this community. I get you take the feedback that u read back to your team but it wouldn’t take much to keep these threads from going so sideways.....

    It was only after Carries response early this morning, that they got approvals to say that.
  • @Kyno regardless of approvals, simply making a comment in the thread (even if it doesn’t answer the question) is a sign the someone is listening on the other end. Silence and speculation are much more infuriating than someone checking in and saying we’re still working on it. Just saying
  • Kyno
    26649 posts Moderator
    Kyno regardless of approvals, simply making a comment in the thread (even if it doesn’t answer the question) is a sign the someone is listening on the other end. Silence and speculation are much more infuriating than someone checking in and saying we’re still working on it. Just saying

    but it doesn't work that way, he can't say "we are working on it" without approving that he can say that.

  • Thank you Crumb for updating. I agree with some of the other sentiments, I think the majority of the community just want to hear updates, even when the update is that "there is no update", things are still in test, things are still being talked about etc.

    Sincerely, number 1 thing across different releases that I think the community likes to see more of.

    Everyone else, we have the latest update, lets relax a little, "something" is coming, and we don't have more yet! Let's not beat dead horses.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    Refund the zeta
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno regardless of approvals, simply making a comment in the thread (even if it doesn’t answer the question) is a sign the someone is listening on the other end. Silence and speculation are much more infuriating than someone checking in and saying we’re still working on it. Just saying

    but it doesn't work that way, he can't say "we are working on it" without approving that he can say that.

    Kyno. Please stop with the rhetoric of defending every ill step made by cg.... someone could easily stop by this thread and say we hear you and are reviewing your feedback.
  • Kyno
    26649 posts Moderator
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno regardless of approvals, simply making a comment in the thread (even if it doesn’t answer the question) is a sign the someone is listening on the other end. Silence and speculation are much more infuriating than someone checking in and saying we’re still working on it. Just saying

    but it doesn't work that way, he can't say "we are working on it" without approving that he can say that.

    Kyno. Please stop with the rhetoric of defending every ill step made by cg.... someone could easily stop by this thread and say we hear you and are reviewing your feedback.

    I didn't say they couldn't. Please read what was said and my very specific response to that comment.

    I have already said multiple times in this thread they should talk more. Please dont start without reading what i said.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    I was not trying to say they dont because of the mood here, just suggesting that the more off hand open commenting might be more likely if we worked towards a more common goal of not acting like we know what's going on. Saying they dont read feedback and then resorting to name calling or other insults, doesnt help. Acting like not getting a response by X time justifies any uncivility, is just not true. Blaming the dev for how people act is one of those things..... how does someone control what someone else does? We make our own choices, we shouldnt try to pass the buck.
    There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    The community has shown no ability to stop flaming. Doubt there is anyrhing CG could do to actually stop it. Yes, I myself would appreciate better communication, but I choose not to flame out and call for the community manager to be fired. Come on man, can't you see the difference? And by the way, no one is responsible for what you say but you. CG doesn't control you through a Vulcan mind meld, or a jedi mind tricks. ;) Giving someone else responsibility for your actions is a cop out.

    So happy these didn’t get lost in the thread.
    Yea totally calling for people getting fired is extreme but I kind of just wave that off as not real. Maybe that’s just me. And I deal with enough name calling at work. Maybe I’m just densensitized to all that as a teacher because it’s all so immature.

    And kyno ty for clarifying.

    There are a good core of forumers that are super civil and helpful to the community. I wish that was shown more than a hot mess like it is here.

    Also @CG_SBCrumb great comment, I hope when I reply to things you say ,like this , you don’t think they are condescending. I just think it’s much needed here and want to positively reinforce it.

    Edit* so it made sense lol

    I agree there are a lot of kind members, and there are many more who don't come here because they don't like the wild-west nature of internet anonymity. I hope people see that Carrie, Crumb, and the whole team are actually great people who are just as passionate about SWGOH as we are. I think it helps everyone when realization comes that we're not all that different.

    Like you, I appreciate the latest response, expressing their intent to provide more clarity on decisions surrounding toon buffs/nerfs/changes.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We do read all this feedback or at least I do and collate it for the team to review. You folks are very prolific haha. Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news as the fix is still in testing. This has been a constant topic around the office since it occurred so don't worry that we have forgotten.

    Tophat or myself will give everyone an update when we have finalized the changes and I've mentioned this in a few threads, but I'm asking the team to finish putting together a more comprehensive post around how we discuss reworks and what our policy is regarding refunds when doing said reworks or changes/nerfs/buffs/etc to a character.

    Let's hope this materializes.
    Leader: Grey Area 51
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We do read all this feedback or at least I do and collate it for the team to review. You folks are very prolific haha. Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news as the fix is still in testing. This has been a constant topic around the office since it occurred so don't worry that we have forgotten.

    Tophat or myself will give everyone an update when we have finalized the changes and I've mentioned this in a few threads, but I'm asking the team to finish putting together a more comprehensive post around how we discuss reworks and what our policy is regarding refunds when doing said reworks or changes/nerfs/buffs/etc to a character.

    Thanks for letting us know! That's all a lot of us was asking for.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I got 3PO today and maxxed him but was unaware the finn mechanisms would be nerfed.

    I never would have maxxed him if i knew that.. i feel that a refund on my holdo and rose zetas would be fair IMO
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    I was not trying to say they dont because of the mood here, just suggesting that the more off hand open commenting might be more likely if we worked towards a more common goal of not acting like we know what's going on. Saying they dont read feedback and then resorting to name calling or other insults, doesnt help. Acting like not getting a response by X time justifies any uncivility, is just not true. Blaming the dev for how people act is one of those things..... how does someone control what someone else does? We make our own choices, we shouldnt try to pass the buck.
    There is no reason to be an angry mob. I get frustration - especially at the devs.

    I do not agree that devs don’t comment because we re like an angry mob. That’s in really poor taste. Their lack of communication has a lot to do with this. The promises of better and improved communication over the years has a lot to do with this as well. Please don’t blame the people that love this game so much that we go and comment on a forum about it.

    Also angry mob = reddit. Lol

    Also stop believing in communication. It’s done. It’s never going to happen. I’ve held out hope for so long for this. Thinking the forums could be an awesome interactive place. Nope. Nope. It’s really never going to happen. Stop thinking it will.

    For the Devs- stop toying around and creating situations like this. You all know what will spark ire and how to fan the flames, stop doing it.

    The community has shown no ability to stop flaming. Doubt there is anyrhing CG could do to actually stop it. Yes, I myself would appreciate better communication, but I choose not to flame out and call for the community manager to be fired. Come on man, can't you see the difference? And by the way, no one is responsible for what you say but you. CG doesn't control you through a Vulcan mind meld, or a jedi mind tricks. ;) Giving someone else responsibility for your actions is a cop out.

    So happy these didn’t get lost in the thread.
    Yea totally calling for people getting fired is extreme but I kind of just wave that off as not real. Maybe that’s just me. And I deal with enough name calling at work. Maybe I’m just densensitized to all that as a teacher because it’s all so immature.

    And kyno ty for clarifying.

    There are a good core of forumers that are super civil and helpful to the community. I wish that was shown more than a hot mess like it is here.

    Also @CG_SBCrumb great comment, I hope when I reply to things you say ,like this , you don’t think they are condescending. I just think it’s much needed here and want to positively reinforce it.

    Edit* so it made sense lol

    I agree there are a lot of kind members, and there are many more who don't come here because they don't like the wild-west nature of internet anonymity. I hope people see that Carrie, Crumb, and the whole team are actually great people who are just as passionate about SWGOH as we are. I think it helps everyone when realization comes that we're not all that different.

    Like you, I appreciate the latest response, expressing their intent to provide more clarity on decisions surrounding toon buffs/nerfs/changes.

    I enjoy Carrie and Crumbs post a lot. Especially when Carrie was on a tear. She conveyed a leader that really like her team and wanted to, for lack of better words, right wrongs from previous administrations.

    There has been many great things that have materialized from this. Bossk and Chewy are just two that come to mind.

    My biggest problem has always been the dev communication here. This isn’t only in the Carrie regime but all of them. I remember EAJesse flipping out on people on here. I enjoyed Kozi but many people hated the gifs. All promised improved communication and failed.

    So when Carrie came through kicking donkey synonyms and taking names I was like hell yea! They even said improved communication was on their list and it failed. Horribly. I was never one of those people that would say it was just because of MSF or because Diggs flipped out but in retrospect it does seem that way.

    Q and A was one and done. Zeta refund inconsistenties more on Reddit than here and a myriad of other things. Maybe they just take the full blame for things that are from EA and that might be unfair to them but they are intelligent and crafty people. If there are ways around that , they can figure it out.

    These devs, previous devs, and future devs all share the blame with us with these forums.

    TLDR- all else fails #blamekyno lol
  • @CG_SBCrumb Thanks for responding to us! We sincerely hope you took our opinions, especially the PVP aspect of this potential nerf(which is the only thing most of us really care about), into account :)
This discussion has been closed.