How will ebon hawk and palpatine's ship be released in the future?

Despite both ships not being included in some form of special event (millennium falcon style) how will both ships be returning in the game once the hawk event is over? Will they become hard node fleet farms or remain as the additional fleet battle drops?

Replies

• My guess would be they will forever be recurring galactic chases
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Galactic chase events recurring
  • I imagine they’ll rotate it so that we get a different Galactic chase every month. Perhaps rotate between 2 or 3 Galactic Chases that rotate every month.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    We have been asking for that to be spelled out, we are being told they are working on the plan and will put it out when its finalized. They didn't want to make a statement early on and then have to change it
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I imagine they’ll rotate it so that we get a different Galactic chase every month. Perhaps rotate between 2 or 3 Galactic Chases that rotate every month.

I don't think there will be only 2 or 3 Galactic Chases ever present, and old ones can't go away because of new players. We will get to a point when there have to be multiple chases in one month, or even multiple running concurrently.
  • I still want to see the GChase on the other tables besides Fleet. Worst of both worlds as far as node farming and energy refresh.
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    I still want to see the GChase on the other tables besides Fleet. Worst of both worlds as far as node farming and energy refresh.

It sounds like the 2nd time they come they’ll be in a different area other than ship nodes. That is kind of speculation though.

Also Who knows if every single Galactic Chase will run forever for the life of the game. I doubt it. They’ll probably eventually dump the ship on a node somewhere. Pretty much everything about Galactic Chase is shrouded in ambiguity though.

For instance we don’t even know if it’s limited to ships. Perhaps the next character that is released will be a Galactic Chase.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    We have been asking for that to be spelled out, we are being told they are working on the plan and will put it out when its finalized. They didn't want to make a statement early on and then have to change it

Shouldnt they plan that out before they release the content?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »

they have a plan, but want to make sure its 100% rather than put it out and than change it.

ever new thing/event always has a "test period", some events/things make it, some dont. I can see why they wouldn't want to put out information that will then being changed or just irrelevant
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019

they have a plan, but want to make sure its 100% rather than put it out and than change it.

ever new thing/event always has a "test period", some events/things make it, some dont. I can see why they wouldn't want to put out information that will then being changed or just irrelevant

You seem to miss my point. I am saying fully bake your plan before you release galactic chase #1, Palp Shuttle.

One would assume that before you start the chase, you would have built the rules for how the event would work and when it would return.

What you are saying is that they have a plan but arent 100% locked in on it... but here comes chase #2, Ebon Hawk.

At this point youre now 2 deep in chases and still have no formal cadence released.

That just doesnt look professional.
  • So it sounds like the Ebon Hawk goes live for me in 2 hours... anyone in tomorrows time zone get any Ebon Hawk Shards yet? I don’t want to frontload 300 Sgip crystals if it turns out to be a day late which has happened a few times.
  • It's live for me go ahead and pre load that ship energy
  • It would be good to know when Palp's shuttle is coming back, it's starting to look like a "rare event" which is kinda annoying in this format (unfarmable).
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    I always assumed the galactic chase was just a way to release a new ship instead of the old marquee event style and that it would go to a node for regular farming after a period of time. They haven’t said anyting about it though so i guess it may be a repeatable event as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019

You seem to miss my point. I am saying fully bake your plan before you release galactic chase #1, Palp Shuttle.

One would assume that before you start the chase, you would have built the rules for how the event would work and when it would return.

What you are saying is that they have a plan but arent 100% locked in on it... but here comes chase #2, Ebon Hawk.

At this point youre now 2 deep in chases and still have no formal cadence released.

They had a general plan much like they did for events we only saw once due to feedback and what they see on thier end.

They did have all the plans for how the event would work. They didnt want to add anything official to the cadence, because they look at the data and feedback before solidifying things like that.

Correct and they are getting approvals on the plan now, the 2nd one still hasn't launched, it's ok there is time. (It will probably still be announced after the launch, but one can hope)

People would also complain its unprofessional to announce something then announce it will change, and then go through approvals to chnage it later, so there is a no win scenario, and this is the better of the 2 paths.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I think it would be helpful to at least give us an idea of what to expect.

My initial thoughts were that the Galactic Chase was going to be a recurring event, like the "Ghosts of Dathomir" was for Nightsister Spirit & Zombie. It will periodically return and we can spend as many (or few) crystals as desired to earn shards.

But it's also possible that the 3 day "Galactic Chase" event is just a substitute for a marquee event. It appears once, and then after some period the character/ship will be released to shipments, and then eventually become farmable.

Even if they don't have the specific timelines locked down, a general idea would be helpful for planning purposes! My crystal spending for the first shuttle was based on expecting the event to recur monthly like the Ghosts of Dathomir. If I need to spend more crystals because they'll be spread out (or it'll never return), then I need to know so I can appropriately use my crystals.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ever notice this forum eats replies?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

They had a general plan much like they did for events we only saw once due to feedback and what they see on thier end.

They did have all the plans for how the event would work. They didnt want to add anything official to the cadence, because they look at the data and feedback before solidifying things like that.

Correct and they are getting approvals on the plan now, the 2nd one still hasn't launched, it's ok there is time. (It will probably still be announced after the launch, but one can hope)

People would also complain its unprofessional to announce something then announce it will change, and then go through approvals to chnage it later, so there is a no win scenario, and this is the better of the 2 paths.

Option 3, avoid the entire issue by not releasing until you have all plans 100% confirmed. Then release with the plans as part of the release.

I feel im being shown a good ship and given choice of farm slow, farm fast or pay for... but two of those options are based on when it will come back around and im not being told.

That feels underhanded and im not a fan of it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I feel like its going to replace marquee for ships and in the future a ship will be released as Galactic Chase the first two passes, and then go to a hard node or cantina node (the details they are trying to figure out)

We have two ships currently on rotation for Galactic Chase, and given how infrequent they are, they can't keep doing Galactic Chase for 4-6 characters/ships

This is bad for players, but a good move by CG when it comes to generating revenue. If a Galactic Chase ship/toon is required, you will be forced to buy the 5-330 pack bundles if you want to keep up and remain competitive with no other venue to gain shards or blueprints
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Option 3, avoid the entire issue by not releasing until you have all plans 100% confirmed. Then release with the plans as part of the release.

I feel im being shown a good ship and given choice of farm slow, farm fast or pay for... but two of those options are based on when it will come back around and im not being told.

That feels underhanded and im not a fan of it.

How do they gather feedback and data without releasing it? If you shove that problem, then yes you have that option too.

If that feels underhanded to you, you are placing undue negative connotation with something that has no nefarious intent.
  • @Kyno

I think that people are just discouraged with a general lack of communication. We enjoy a game that has a multitude of options regarding which toons to level, gear, etc. with a limited amount of resources. I, for one, would appreciate a little direction on where it might be more beneficial to spend my resources so that I can plan better.

It seems that there is, or should be, some form of strategy in making the decision on which toons, teams, factions, etc. to focus on. It's hard to strategize, even somewhat properly, when the level of communication regarding the direction of the game or upcoming content is lacking.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno

I think that people are just discouraged with a general lack of communication. We enjoy a game that has a multitude of options regarding which toons to level, gear, etc. with a limited amount of resources. I, for one, would appreciate a little direction on where it might be more beneficial to spend my resources so that I can plan better.

It seems that there is, or should be, some form of strategy in making the decision on which toons, teams, factions, etc. to focus on. It's hard to strategize, even somewhat properly, when the level of communication regarding the direction of the game or upcoming content is lacking.

I understand, but there are also some assumptions that the game is going a certain direction and they are not sharing.... maybe it's just not going that way and people are just hoping out loud for things that are not in the cards.

We all want a clearer picture of the future, but that will only happen as things approach, maybe things are not as close as we all think/want.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Next thing people wanna know at what day which new char will be released during the next 2 years lol... People complaining for complainings sake - be happy that we get a new way of releasing content as opposed to 1 Marquee after another.
  • As others have said here before - I think they will jump to cantina nodes next, and I’m guessing a cadence that is similar to marquees. If that’s the case I think it would be smarter to have it shorter than marquees but I’m not looking at the data like they are.

Also there’s this weird thing going on. A disconnect on how a lot of players thought things were run and how they are actually run.

I guess it’s just from what we see here over the years. But I never saw approvals being mentioned outside of this regime. And maybe they are being more forthcoming than previous ones. We simply do not know.

I hope Crumb can peel back the layers a bit so we have a clearer picture and I’m just nosey to know all things lol

My thoughts are this - cg is trying to stretch the game. And I think that’s a good thing. Shows me they are invested in the longevity of it.