HK-47 rework tomorrow....or today?

Replies

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    My best guess is his zeta will make him revive as long as some condition is met and apply deathmark to whoever killed him the last enemy toon that triggered his revive/defeated him which can't be resisted or evaded.

I sorta like that, you'd have to be more tactical when fighting against the team... But it would be really annoying to have a taunt go up that you don't plan for if you're the sith team

Yes it would and I thought about that myself but if HK-47 forced a taunt (not like Revan but like Geo Spy reinforcement in ships) that might be a bit overpowered. He deathmarks toons but enemy team still has a chance if they have a taunter. Remember HK and Canderous both have AOE abilities. Fallen Bastilla can apply shock that stops buffs. Don't think HK-47 would need an extra ability to get around taunts given his supporting cast can probably do that.

Also you have the problem that if HK-47 applies deathmark when revive conditions are met, you are inviting another paper zombie situation. To avoid that, most likely have a gear level requirement on the zeta same as zombie.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Something simple like.
    On 1st death, revive at 100% health and protection and all droid and OR allies gain speed up, and critical chance up for 3 turns, and 40% assist chance.

Make his leader slightly stronger. Like 50% critical chance and gain 60% turn meter on a crit. And gain 15% turn meter when they are critically hit.

Meatbag mayhem.... add target lock to all dispell all buffs, and stagger. Deathmark the target enemy for 2 turns.

I am sure they nerf the tm gain. 50% per crit is way to many anyways.

No its not, its the only thing droids have going for them.
  • Shockers
    172 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Carrie is a weirdo. She edited her statement even further saying that she was referring to the Ebon Hawk. Sigh. I love how they respond over on reddit, but have crickets over here...
    I would watch out, they warn you for a lot less around here. Bad mouthing CG is not tolerated.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Shockers wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Carrie is a weirdo. She edited her statement even further saying that she was referring to the Ebon Hawk. Sigh. I love how they respond over on reddit, but have crickets over here...
    I would watch out, they warn you for a lot less around here. Bad mouthing CG is not tolerated.

Being a weirdo is not an insult. I’m a weirdo, so I would know.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    You know that feeling when you wake up as a Community Manager and just know your Sr Producer posted something in the middle of the night.....

While we do have some fun announcements and possibly videos in the next few days BUT don't count an HK rework that will make or break the droid meta. Sorry folks, I don't want you to get your hopes up and start going crazy gearing or whatever.

I've asked the team to finish putting together a more comprehensive post around how we discuss reworks and what our policy is regarding refunds when doing reworks. Additionally, I'm working with the designers to write a brief intentions for each character release. I don't want to tell you how to play this character and be super prescriptive but hopefully this will help guide your decision on why you would want to invest in X character or where this character would be useful.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    You know that feeling when you wake up as a Community Manager and just know your Sr Producer posted something in the middle of the night.....

While we do have some fun announcements and possibly videos in the next few days BUT don't count an HK rework that will make or break the droid meta. Sorry folks, I don't want you to get your hopes up and start going crazy gearing or whatever.

I've asked the team to finish putting together a more comprehensive post around how we discuss reworks and what our policy is regarding refunds when doing reworks. Additionally, I'm working with the designers to write a brief intentions for each character release. I don't want to tell you how to play this character and be super prescriptive but hopefully this will help guide your decision on why you would want to invest in X character or where this character would be useful.

Yeah can you stop with the intentions for reworks and new characters?or at least lighten up on it? Theory crafting and imagination in this game died the day aurra sing was released.
    Then you guys tried releasing a character that would be super open for theory crafting in c3po and you ended up just making an untested multiple bug causing mess
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Now thats a dev post. Thank you. :)

Honestly I just hope HK gets some stuff added and not really changed much, I love how he works and his lead already. He already makes droids pretty strong and makes them take multiple side by side turns.

And some word on how things work too, good stuff.
  • Its great to see Crumb write here.

Even if I think this ones a pretty bad post. Stating basically that the hk rework will suck. Let us figure that out.
    Rather you just tell something about the elephant in the room. You know, the one that has been asked for the past 6 months - whats up with Darth Revan, Malak, Sith cap ship..

Even if I think this ones a pretty bad post. Stating basically that the hk rework will suck. Let us figure that out.
    Rather you just tell something about the elephant in the room. You know, the one that has been asked for the past 6 months - whats up with Darth Revan, Malak, Sith cap ship..

He didn't say hk will suck, just not DROID meta
  • Yeah can you stop with the intentions for reworks and new characters?or at least lighten up on it? Theory crafting and imagination in this game died the day aurra sing was released.

They didn't do this before. They now have to do this because just sending video clips to the Game Changers so they can break the new content doesn't work....one of them completely hypes up the character (like GG) beyond what CG intended the character to be able to do and then CG takes a bunch of flak because expectations were hyped up to a level that doesn't match the character.
    Its great to see Crumb write here.

The post doesn't say that at all. Unless someone has been living under a rock, they are aware of all of the misplaced hype about GG and company. Making sure no one starts up another hype train and starts telling people to expect that HK will "save" GG and his droids is a very smart move by them.
  • iBics
    58 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    You know that feeling when you wake up as a Community Manager and just know your Sr Producer posted something in the middle of the night....

Am i to understand that Carrie was drunk last night or something?
    'Cause she went "ah yeah no sorry i was just having a little fun"
    And then you also say "ah that moment when you know by looking at the forum that somebody messed up"
    ? :wink:
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    nb82faoz2zv4.jpg
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Yeah can you stop with the intentions for reworks and new characters?or at least lighten up on it? Theory crafting and imagination in this game died the day aurra sing was released.

They didn't do this before. They now have to do this because just sending video clips to the Game Changers so they can break the new content doesn't work....one of them completely hypes up the character (like GG) beyond what CG intended the character to be able to do and then CG takes a bunch of flak because expectations were hyped up to a level that doesn't match the character.
    Its great to see Crumb write here.

The post doesn't say that at all. Unless someone has been living under a rock, they are aware of all of the misplaced hype about GG and company. Making sure no one starts up another hype train and starts telling people to expect that HK will "save" GG and his droids is a very smart move by them.

That's not true. GG video footage was shared with game changers and then us the footage obviously conveying a seperatists rework that was not realistic. Knowing full well the game changers would hype it up as a marketing tool.

You're very naive if you don't think CG knew what they were doing. Look at the gamorra guard triple zeta 'leak' I'm sure that's caused some amount of panic farm.

Never the less what ever you're talking about isn't my point at all
  • Statement: they are stringing us along until it happens, probably soon...

HK47 will revolve around Darth Revan synergy. It won’t suck.
  • If you haven’t learned anything about CG released vids in the last week or two (cough, cough GG), maybe you should take any video leaks from CG with a bit of apprehension. Wait till it’s downloaded and visible before you waste any resources on it....
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

I am frankly a huge fan of his articulation and monophonic projection speaker, which I must say was incredibly well done! You could probably have trashed his kit and got heat, but if you had trashed his voice it would have been all hell.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Yeah can you stop with the intentions for reworks and new characters?or at least lighten up on it? Theory crafting and imagination in this game died the day aurra sing was released.

Seriously... so you think its all the game changers fault. You dont see a video of GG destroying a Revan team with ease supplied to a changer whos been begging for a GG rework for a year... as the false advertising it is?

I get the hype train is super easy when you see youtube videos, but that footage was misleading and the game changers all got played too.

CG has to do some repair for that one... not the game changers.

• CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Not to get too far off topic, but they should just get rid of all the game changer silliness. If they have new information, just post it on the forums. They don't need to force us to go to some random chucklehead's youtube channel to get information that should be coming straight from the source.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Seriously... so you think its all the game changers fault. You dont see a video of GG destroying a Revan team with ease supplied to a changer whos been begging for a GG rework for a year... as the false advertising it is?

I get the hype train is super easy when you see youtube videos, but that footage was misleading and the game changers all got played too.

GG does destroy Revan with ease. Check videos where people are using proper mods.

Offense isn’t the issue. The problem is he doesn’t hold on defense.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited March 2019

So about that finn zeta rework....
    Let's get that refund rolling
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

GG does destroy Revan with ease. Check videos where people are using proper mods.

The issue is it's an overpriced disappointment. GG doesn't destroy Revan with ease. GG can kinda, sorta occasionally beat Revan with loses if you have ungodly incredible mods, and RNG on your side. Which is fine. I never invest in something that impulsively until I see it. Upgrading GG+Seperatists is like buying a space shuttle toilet for your house. It's an absurdly expensive way to do something pretty mundane. That wasn't false advertising though. It was just a bone-headed blunder. So many people were excited, and ready to hand them buckets of cash if it was at least a second tier team that nudged Revan from 87% of the meta down to like 65%. Instead it's a third tier team that drinks resources, and kills itself.

So even though HK may not be getting a rework designed to help droids, almost anything they do to HK couldn't hurt the droids either. Some videos are showing HK lead doing better than GG lead with Seperatist droids right now, and HK is trash. Knowing CG there will be an unintended interaction that breaks the game that we will find in 2-3 minutes that will require a nerf with no refund.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Good comment Crumb!
  • Something to ponder around the office. Players pay the bills, not game changers.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I'm hoping they completely replace his special and unique. His special aoe does almost no damage and inflicts debuffs, doubled for jedi, which today's jedi will almost always resist (ten up) or dodge (foresight). His unique is complete garbage (revive at 30% health and no extra tm? Good as dead again.) His basic could use a damage increase too. Literally the only thing he's good for is his leadership, or he would have been perma-warming the bench with all the other outdated 2016 heroes.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • evoluza wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

GG not even closely destroyes revan.

False.

GG with proper mods does destroy Revan.
    Some fellow shard members that rank 1st daily use him in an all g12 droid team and he straight obliterates TOP Revans. He is still susceptible on defense though
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Don't put the blame on Ahnaldt. Yes, he was excited bout GG rework (I mean he was asking for it for so long) but he was looking at the same footage as everyone. And this footage was highly misleading due to 1) enemies seemingly being unmodded, 2) cherry-picked footage and 3) bugged footage (Chewie not dealing the max HP bonus damage on GG).
    Also it was absolutely a logical thing to make GG highly anti-jedi as he's not only known as the legendary "jedi slayer" but we also have had the Revan meta going on for sooo long, ppl are sick of it. I was very surprised to not see a single "anti-jedi" line in his kit (like palp, sidious, HK, and many more), CG clearly messed up A LOT.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I'm not sure how deathmark will come into the mix because its an OP Debuff. Ive got a feeling its not going to be easy since even with death trooper you have to kill someone and have them stay dead.