Revenue Generating Idea

So I introduced my two young nephews to the game. They're both big fans of Star Wars and it's something special that we share together. They both like playing but don't have the patience needed for the long term farms, so their squads will inevitably remain pretty shallow. So one of my nephews is a huge Darth Maul fan and has his 6 year old birthday this weekend. So I thought wouldn't it be cool if I could buy a Darth Maul for his account for his birthday. He'll never be able to farm him on his own and me buying him crystals or packs so he could work towards Maul would be meaningless to him. Why can't I just directly buy a character for his account? Seems like a win-win-win...CG gets my money, my nephew gets his Maul, and I get to be the cool uncle.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The rough price of a toon for the game is $200-300, not sure if they had an offering like that it would really be much of a revenue stream for them.
  • That's the rough price of a newly released, powerful character. Older, more easily farmable ones I imagine would cost a lot less. Probably not a huge market for it but just thinking as a F2P player that may be a way I'd be willing to spend some money on the game. And who knows once a F2P player starts spending on someone else, they may be more inclined to start spending on themselves.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Between reworks and new toons that make whole factions work better, the price for a toon cant be estimated beyond the price range of a new toon.

I am not saying that they would have to offer toons at that price, just that they have little reason not to.
  • I wish they would do this... But the monetization scheme for all these f2p games is borderline predatory. decoupling the real-world pricetag from the actual purchase, and throwing in randomness/gambling to the process makes it really easy to rake in the dough. Impatient/eager fools like myself dish out more money than they normally would due to the psychological disassociation from real money allowing them to charge obscene prices. I don't think anyone would actually click on the button "unlock <insert character here> for $299.99"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    pay a scammer 10 bucks, he'll give a 200 bucks toon in return as a "birthday" present. Get banned, return a few months later without traya.
    rinse en repeat
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Between reworks and new toons that make whole factions work better, the price for a toon cant be estimated beyond the price range of a new toon.

I am not saying that they would have to offer toons at that price, just that they have little reason not to.

They could. Once characters are released to crystal shipments, they could estimate a price based on that. It would still easily be $100 for a character to 7* though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

They could. Once characters are released to crystal shipments, they could estimate a price based on that. It would still easily be $100 for a character to 7* though.

its closer to $150-200.

but when considering the price, you have to consider that everything is really based on time. when people $$ to get a new toon the price is $200-300.

if they rework a toon and make it "as powerful" as a new toon, why would they let someone get that toon in "no time" but at half the cost.