No time limit on arena

If all we’re going to get are mirror matches and timed out battles, how about take away the ridiculous timer in arena? What’s the point of having it in the first place? There’s been too many times I’ve had it down to GK and Bastilla left on the opposing team with all 5 left on my squad and it’s timed out. Obviously I was going to win, so why is it fair to time out? It’s an outdated model with this meta and probably future metas. Time to get rid of the timer.

Replies

• People would get to number one and then lock themselves out of battles till the daily prizes were issued probably.
  • Because if there was no timer, than players would be able to lock indefinitely.
  • Because you can't be attacked while you're attacking someone or being attacked by someone. This would mean anyone can get into first place and lock themselves on someone else for as long as they want to secure first in payouts.

I think we need 1 extra minute and it should be enough
  • Instead of increasing the time, they just need to make a times 20 speed or something.
  • Because you can't be attacked while you're attacking someone or being attacked by someone. This would mean anyone can get into first place and lock themselves on someone else for as long as they want to secure first in payouts.

I think we need 1 extra minute and it should be enough

How about set an idle timer? If no one moves, 1 minute countdown. Seems like an easy fix.
  • If you're timing out regularly you may want to check your offensive capabilities. Revan should be around 6000 special damage and GMY around 6700. More is definitely better and you can sacrifice a bit of speed to get that high. That should go a long way toward reducing your timeouts.

If you're still timing out you may want to change up your kill order or squad.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    If you're timing out regularly you may want to check your offensive capabilities. Revan should be around 6000 special damage and GMY around 6700. More is definitely better and you can sacrifice a bit of speed to get that high. That should go a long way toward reducing your timeouts.

Nah it’s completely RNG dependent. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If you're timing out regularly you may want to check your offensive capabilities. Revan should be around 6000 special damage and GMY around 6700. More is definitely better and you can sacrifice a bit of speed to get that high. That should go a long way toward reducing your timeouts.

:D

I must be the luckiest guy in the game then.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Could be. I went for a long stretch without timing out. Happened twice today. You’ll get there kiddo.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Could be. I went for a long stretch without timing out. Happened twice today. You’ll get there kiddo.

I've been running Revan since his first event and I can count on one hand the number of times I've timed out. Somehow I don't think I'll "get there".

You can laugh at my advice if you'd like. I'd still encourage you to try it.
  • As others have pointed out, it would be easily manipulated. Another idea, improve your squad/mods and win faster.

“Git gud” 🙄
  • theatomicpun
    492 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If you don't like Revan mirror matches there are 2 options:

1. Fight against someone other than Revan.
    2. Fight using someone other than Revan.

Since 95% of top players set Revan on defense, that pretty much just leaves the 2nd option. Hope that helps!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    As others have pointed out, it would be easily manipulated. Another idea, improve your squad/mods and win faster.

“Git gud” 🙄

Instead of just mocking his post you could at least actually go and look at your mods. Look at your turn order. Look at how much health your Jolee has, how much offense does your own GMY have, how high is his CC, how much offense does your own Revan have, how high is his CC, how fast is your Jolee, how fast is your Revan, how fast is your GK, how much offense does your own bastila have compared to others in your shard, etc. The biggest reason people timeout isn't actually because their GMY doesn't hit hard enough imo. Everyone's yoda hits like a truck under Revan lead no matter what. Most people timeout because the rest of the team doesn't have any damage, Revan needs to be able to hit hard as well, not just be fast. If he's super fast, that's good for a quick start, but you need him to kill people too, GMY isn't the only one who's gonna be hammering away at the enemy Jolee. Bastila also needs to be able to deal some damage, her special can pack a punch, and she needs to be fast enough to use her assist more and more often because it's a fairly long cooldown relative to how many turns GMY and Revan will be taking. Also be more aware of who you are using Revan's TM swap with. Sure it's great to get GMY another turn, but it's not great if GMY has like 5% TM. That will drastically slow down your Revan's next mark. Try to switch TM with the person who has the highest TM. Preferably you want that to be GMY, but it's perfectly fine to send it over to Jolee or Bastila to get Revan's next mark off even more quickly. That allows you to focus fire away from whatever taunt is up (if it's still up) and stop that target from getting anymore buffs. The worst thing you can do is mark Jolee with Retribution. It's not the end of the world if you don't kill him immediately after he revives the rest of the team. So Jolee just used his revan, your second mark is ready, but Jolee has retribution and bastila's TM is low so you can't dispel it any time soon.... Just mark the enemy Revan or GMY again and kill them. Stop their DPS and foresight spam. You'll have enough time to go back to Jolee as long as your mods aren't leagues behind your opponent. People get too worried about oh no I need to kill someone, then kill jolee asap or I lose.... no you just need to calm down during the match and actually think about what's going to happen after you use each ability.