Daylight savings time

Moorebid
488 posts Member
edited March 2019
Hi all,
I read the post about DST, but in Belgium DST starts on March 31st...
Does that mean I'll have to change my timezone this weekend and again in 3 weeks?
That'll burn through my 2 time limit very soon, and I won't be able to change in back in Octobre.
Anyone?

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    nope only 31st for you, not sure who has DST this weekend as normally USA etc are later than Europe for the changing
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    nope only 31st for you, not sure who has DST this weekend as normally USA etc are later than Europe for the changing

Seems USA is much sooner than usual then?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes the US will change this weekend.

The issue with DLS is that the server doesn't move. This means when you move your clocks "everything changes". This throws people for a loop.

When you change your clocks is when things will be different, so you do not have to change 2 times.
  • Yeah, pretty weird message in announcements. First of the fact that for most people DLS is not this weekend, but more so that nothing really changes?
    All timings in the game is by countdown, and server time does not change, so should be pretty straightforward, no?
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty weird message in announcements. First of the fact that for most people DLS is not this weekend, but more so that nothing really changes?
    All timings in the game is by countdown, and server time does not change, so should be pretty straightforward, no?
    As a guild officer of a global guild, clock changes used to be a total nightmare.

Almost every time someone would hit a raid 1 hour early, people would miss ticket deadlines etc.

The raid situation is now solved if you use auto launch with join periods, but you will find it is anything but simple I suspect!
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    It's because everytime the clocks change people make threads saying "my payout is an hour earlier/later, I demand you fix this blah blah blah".

When the clocks go forward, your payout will be an hour "later" because real world time has changed but game/server time hasn't.
  • Kluge wrote: »
    You never HAVE to change your time zone, only if a change benefits you. I keep everything the same and just know that my arena payouts are shifted and my guild reset is later.

The only way you could justifiably say this is if you are rational and reasonable. That kind of thinking does not belong in this forum.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.