SWkotorGOH? What's next?

124Next

Replies

• ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Knights of the Old Republic is an EA game so I'd imagine if we see more characters from another game it'd be Inferno Squad from Battlefront 2 since it's also from EA.

vb981fzjw7my.jpg

Knights of the Old Republic, the single-player RPG, is not an EA game. It was developed by Bioware and published by Lucasarts in 2003. In 2007 EA got their grubby little money hungry sausage-fingers on Bioware, and eventually the horrendously **** exclusive licence to publishing Star Wars videogames in 2013. Star Wars: The Old Republic, the MMO, was also developed by Bioware but is published by EA.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • And remember, any character added to the game has to be approved by Disney. The KOTOR era is different from most of the EU in that it takes place before even the prequels, and as a result doesn't in any way contradict the new Disney canon. It's almost certain that any non-KOTOR Legends content will need to be reintroduced in a canon product (as Thrawn was) before we see it approved for use in SWGOH.
  • gpeeee wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know many of you enjoy KOTOR but personally, I could care less and have zero interest in anything KOTOR. That being said, the announcement of Ebon Hawk had me wondering what it was and, of course, it's another KOTOR item. After this year long of pretty much KOTOR take over, what do you guys think will be next? Do you think there will be anything else canon to release BEFORE Episode 9 or do you think it will mostly be Episode 9 stuff? Just curious as to what you guys think might be on the books for future AFTER KOTOR.

You make it sound like this game is designed especially for you.... Not as a business made game for a whole audience....
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    The problem isn't that OR is overpowered, it's just that they are better designed compared to older releases.

Wait, what?

The problem isn't that the toons are too powerful, it's just that they "designed" them to be powerful? What kind of weirdness is that.

No one is saying anything about why the toons are overpowered. And, frankly, it doesn't matter whether the toons are overpowered because EA was bribed or because EA had an enthusiastic designer that couldn't stop adding powers or because the original designers were incompetent or because Skynet's AI hacked EA.

These toons are more powerful than those toons to an extent that many people consider at least somewhat problematic. That literally IS the problem. Nobody knows for sure why these toons are overpowered - though I've put forward my "satisfying the munchkins" theory - except the designers themselves. But saying that overpowered toons are somehow magically not overpowered because they're "better designed" is, once again, weird.

Huh?
    Just some of them are op, rest are not.
    BigZ op? Juhani? Compared to long released GK?
    Mission? Ordo? Scoundrel attacker #1 still Han Solo, who has been released and updated long time ago.

These chars are fun to play with because they works well with each other, op? Not really.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    The problem isn't that OR is overpowered, it's just that they are better designed compared to older releases.

Wait, what?

The problem isn't that the toons are too powerful, it's just that they "designed" them to be powerful? What kind of weirdness is that.

No one is saying anything about why the toons are overpowered. And, frankly, it doesn't matter whether the toons are overpowered because EA was bribed or because EA had an enthusiastic designer that couldn't stop adding powers or because the original designers were incompetent or because Skynet's AI hacked EA.

These toons are more powerful than those toons to an extent that many people consider at least somewhat problematic. That literally IS the problem. Nobody knows for sure why these toons are overpowered - though I've put forward my "satisfying the munchkins" theory - except the designers themselves. But saying that overpowered toons are somehow magically not overpowered because they're "better designed" is, once again, weird.

Huh?
    Mission? Ordo? Scoundrel attacker #1 still Han Solo, who has been released and updated long time ago.

These chars are fun to play with because they works well with each other, op? Not really.

And yet you have to farm every single one of them if you don’t want to fall behind.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Wait, what?

Huh?

And yet you have to farm every single one of them if you don’t want to fall behind.

I thought ppl are discussing "OP" and "well designed" at the time, not required or not?
  • If the game had been called KOTOR mobile. Id never have started playing. As it is ive had enough and will not be playing any more.

Id better make a "beg me to stay" thread. Widely making this announcement.

• Jaden
    162 posts Member
    If the game had been called KOTOR mobile. Id never have started playing. As it is ive had enough and will not be playing any more.

Good! One less person to clog up my arena on the way to the top.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    If the game had been called KOTOR mobile. Id never have started playing. As it is ive had enough and will not be playing any more.

We all pray that you will reconsider this grave decision that will seriously effect all of our lives.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Statement: CG needs a rework