Freezing crashing

My game freezes or clashes in squad arena about 1 out of 3 times for the past 2 weeks. That's alot of lost arena tries

Replies

• *crashes
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I was asking my guildies about this just a couple of days ago. I have been getting a lot more freezes too

Edit: and their responses were about 4-5 people said they were also
  • My Game was freezing while waiting for à network réponse (refreshing Arena, farming a gear, adding à gear) then crashes with error 2.
    Didn't happen the Last 3 days
  • I've been getting way more freezes lately with no explanation, also about 2 weeks.

I wonder wth is up with this, I lost an easy GA win among other things
  • Same, crashing at least once a day for the last two weeks.
  • Since first tw my game has crashed 5-10 times per day. Its always much worse when tw is active, cant even open tw screen without crashing few times at first.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I’ll try to keep this short. Back in December 2015 I started playing this game on ipad2. It worked fine no problems. Ships got added then my iPad started crashing for ship arena. I fell behind unable to compete in that part of the game. As time went on and new updates came out my ipad2 got worse and worse. So bad to the point I crashed when I collected energy.

I complained tons on the forums and the developers replied saying my ipad2 wasn’t compatible with the game(even though in he App Store it said swgoh works with iPad/iPhone/iPods.)

In the end I had 2 choices: quit playing or buy a new device. So I bought a new phone. iPhone6. The game worked better than before. This was close to 2 years ago.

Now as more and more content is being released/and my roster gets better and better and requires more memory, I am noticing the game lags more than before/crashes more than before.

I’ve played games on PC for years and never had issues where I needed to buy a new PC to play a game I had been playing for years prior.

Despite making sure my device is updated with latest updates/having available memory storage and keeping my cashe cleared and keeping other apps from running in the background....I fear I’ll be stuck buying another new device before this year is up.

In other words.....I’ve come to the conclusion it is the continuos updates that make the game run worse and worse. Now I appaud the devs for trying to keep the game fun and exciting....I believe they fail with making sure every new update that comes out should continue to be compatible with our devices and making sure our devices work well with the game as it did before they release updates.

I believe the problem is more on the developers side with the updates more than it is on the devices side.

If it’s the device the game shouldn’t work at all. If it worked then stops working cause of a recent update...then it’s on the games side.

You’ll get no help here OP. They’ll give suggestions, you’ll try them out....but in the end you’ll have to make the same choices I did. To either quit or buy a new device.

Check out what the developer told me:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116773/ipad2-users#latest
  • This has been happening a lot lately.....same thing with several people in my guild.
  • AngelVazzana
    541 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It's happening to me a lot as well. I lost by 8 points in my GA the other day because the game froze then did a hard restart. List my team so had to use another to win. Game froze yesterday 3 times on me also. Thank goodness it was only in arena so all I had to do is spend one refresh. I wish they would fix this problem. It just keeps getting worse with every new content and no it's not my phone. My phone is only 2 months old.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It's happening to me a lot as well. I lost by 8 points in my GA the other day because the game froze then did a hard restart. List my team so had to use another to win. Game froze yesterday 3 times on me also. Thank goodness it was only in arena so all I had to do is spend one refresh. I wish they would fix this problem. It just keeps getting worse with every new content and no it's not my phone. My phone is only 2 months old.

This is what happened to me too, worst possible time attacking his biggest team with mine and froze

They did something in one of the updates ~ roughly 2 weeks ago that is causing a LOT more freezing than usual, in fact I really never had any freezes before that.

The game is a resource hog, but they messed up something ~ 2 weeks ago for sure. I went from NO freezes to now 3 - 7 times a day.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie Note how many people are experiencing game freezes ~ last 2 weeks

• Just froze on me again, just looking at someone's GA team, just LOOKING ONLY at a toon!

Does anyone else notice it is worse when using MS WORD at the same time?
  • Two times yesterday and once today... very frustrating when it happens during an rena fight or a tw fight...
  • My game completely locks up if I try to play on wi-fi. Using phone data it works normally. As soon as it hits wifi, it freezes or crashes.
  • Its not the game it your hardware. The game is perfect. Just ask the Devs. You’re doing something wrong. 😂
  • When the game worked fine on your device when you first played it, but doesn’t work so great now isn’t a device spec problem...it’s a developer update that’s the problem.

They’ll never admit it but I know better cause I’ve experienced it first hand.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116773/ipad2-users#latest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report and discuss all bugs and issues at Answers HQ
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>