Ok seriously! What is up with these blue gear piesces???

Ninjah9
906 posts Member
edited March 2019
I've been getting top ten in the hstr, and the tank raid. And to put in all that work in a highly competitive guild, and have one of the two gear pieces I earn be one of these blue disks, is just a kick in the nuts! Seriously why are these a reward for the
? Does ANY character require them? Is this some kind of joke amongst the devs???

y4qf8e3suh0b.jpg

Replies

• Definitely a joke amongst devs, those annoy me too
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I always think that one is coloured wrong. It's only needed at gear levels X and XI. On the positive side, you are only 1,210 pieces away from having all the Mk 10 BlasTech Weapon Mod salvage you will ever need, at this point only used 39 times.
  • I hate getting these pieces. They are needed for some characters but not many. Swgoh.gg will show you which ones need it
  • It's all part of the rate of progress regulation. Apparently if we get more useful gear we will grow our accounts too fast and we will max out our gear too fast and then we will lose interest in the game and quit. Yeah it makes no sense, you're right. So basically it makes more sense to give us stuff we can never use instead.
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    There should be a Way to Exchange the Gear that You dont need, like a shard store has a possibility to Exchange shards for Gear. It would be simple solution.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    mk11 ones are worse imo
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Every. Single. Time. No one ever has to think twice about farming these. Please remove them from top raid rewards
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    There needs to be some way of selling excessive gear. I mean the windu challenge is a total joke. And I do understand regulating player progression, but this is one of the top raids in the game. And if they are worried about player interest, they need to keep their focus on developing the pvp competitive aspect of this game. That will keep people interested, and $ invested, for a very long time.Creating the tw's with bonuses was a genius idea. Those are the kinds of things that will keep players interested, not irritating the hell out of them with this blue disk crap...
  • Just finished 2nd in haat, I received 4 items that are trash, including these blue ones the op mentioned and I have over 1000 of each one of those. And 1 item that was somewhat useful but only just over 20 salvages...

HSTR finished 5th, got absolutely nothing but 3-5 salvages of g12, some blue gear and only some gold medpack salvages... Two raids wasted completely
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    . I mean the windu challenge is a total joke...

Windu right now is a joke.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Color doesn't apply to rarity and gear tiers they get used in all cases. Unless you have thousands of these type of gear they are not really redundant. It's not like the raid is dropping gear that only gets used at gear tier 3-4-5.

But the lopsidedness of gear bottlenecks are very obvious. You need some types of gear 10x more than others (considering a full roster). That's very much by design.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Color doesn't apply to rarity and gear tiers they get used in all cases. Unless you have thousands of these type of gear they are not really redundant. It's not like the raid is dropping gear that only gets used at gear tier 3-4-5.

But the lopsidedness of gear bottlenecks are very obvious. You need some types of gear 10x more than others (considering a full roster). That's very much by design.

Yes I get what you're saying, but i think everybody on this post could put up pictures of gear they are earning in top 10 finishes, that is numbering in the thousands...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Yes I get what you're saying, but i think everybody on this post could put up pictures of gear they are earning in top 10 finishes, that is numbering in the thousands...

And this particular gear piece is not the one to blame. For example I have a 4.4M gp roster and I have way less of them than I need in total (you can check your case on swgoh.gg)