Disheartened by the grievous rework? Never fear... BB8 makes the team amazing!

Replies

• @Smapty how's their holding power on defense, none or somewhat decent?
  • for me the hk-leadership is one of the best in game!
    but
    unfortunately he is slow and doesn't hit hard... :-(
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I was wondering if BB8 would end up working in spite of Grievous's unique being obviously meant to discourage using him.

Neato.

Curious if BB8 taunting on an all-droid team is ever a problem?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Shaunyvee wrote: »
    HK lead get a mention?

Or is GG zeta lead better?

I am curious how HK 88 BB8 and new droids do together.
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Still feeling this is an answer looking for a problem.
    They reworked GG, and did it now, for a reason. I’m thinking the reason has not come out yet? That’s my best guess. There is *something* missing.
    I tried GG as a non-leader on a non-droid team. I tried him (not in arena) with a non-Revan Jedi team (qgj, Ezra, Barris, luminara) and he actually fits in well with them 🤣
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    So I too was really feeling the pain of grevious and the newly reworked separatist droids.... they just seemed to fall short somehow :(

That was until I decided to stick BB8 on the team in magma’s place... then it all came together :)

The initial speed boost for the droids he gives makes them all super fast... so they all move before the other team. This opens up a lot of advantages for the droid team....
    Once he gets to the point of illuminated destiny (which happens pretty fast) then thats all she wrote for the other team...

Worst case scenario is that b1 gets marked and dies early... but even in these situations I’ve still managed to pull out the win more often than not...

It’s really an amazing team to use (at least offensively) against the sea of Revan squads in today’s arena... against CLS or others use R2 instead of B2 to focus fire on Droideka (who will have damage immunity for 2 turns already since he moves super fast)

I took a few screenshots from some battles today as I climbed the ranks with ease ;)

I sunk some money into the droids (B1 and Droideka) after I saw they were capable of winning.... but I had pretty much the same success while they were both at only 4*

fz9nA4o.jpg

CDZ3NU2.jpg

VGIB8CZ.jpg

C8irZje.jpg

Good luck fellow droid lovers... and enjoy the team :)

Good stuff @Smapty.

I think community needs a bit of time to learn about the GG rework.

I saw another video that used R2/Droideka cheese vs Revan.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • But didn't you hear? GG stands for General Garbage and he's the worst character ever created but also got reworked into an EVEN WORSE character and we should be asking for omega refunds.

Golly. It's almost like you should take more than a day before judging a team.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

I too need to know this one. @Smapty - do you have the Omega that causes BB-8 to taunt, and if so, is it proving to be a problem?
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »
    So I too was really feeling the pain of grevious and the newly reworked separatist droids.... they just seemed to fall short somehow :(

That was until I decided to stick BB8 on the team in magma’s place... then it all came together :)

The initial speed boost for the droids he gives makes them all super fast... so they all move before the other team. This opens up a lot of advantages for the droid team....
    Once he gets to the point of illuminated destiny (which happens pretty fast) then thats all she wrote for the other team...

Worst case scenario is that b1 gets marked and dies early... but even in these situations I’ve still managed to pull out the win more often than not...

It’s really an amazing team to use (at least offensively) against the sea of Revan squads in today’s arena... against CLS or others use R2 instead of B2 to focus fire on Droideka (who will have damage immunity for 2 turns already since he moves super fast)

I took a few screenshots from some battles today as I climbed the ranks with ease ;)

I sunk some money into the droids (B1 and Droideka) after I saw they were capable of winning.... but I had pretty much the same success while they were both at only 4*

fz9nA4o.jpg

CDZ3NU2.jpg

VGIB8CZ.jpg

C8irZje.jpg

Good luck fellow droid lovers... and enjoy the team :)

Good stuff @Smapty.

I think community needs a bit of time to learn about the GG rework.

I saw another video that used R2/Droideka cheese vs Revan.

There is nothing to learn about rework of Grievous. And community wont have this this unless will spend 500 USD dollars. This team is good, it is obvious. But who want to spend such amount of money for two toons in mobile game?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Vendraen wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I too need to know this one. @Smapty - do you have the Omega that causes BB-8 to taunt, and if so, is it proving to be a problem?

I think if anything it actually helps a bit... the other teams AI will spread the attacks around more (instead of only focusing on whoever is marked).

I have him modded heavily for durability and he often has foresight which helps mitigate some of the attacks and damage as well. He’s surprisingly resilient with the right mods.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Vendraen wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I think if anything it actually helps a bit... the other teams AI will spread the attacks around more (instead of only focusing on whoever is marked).

I have him modded heavily for durability and he often has foresight which helps mitigate some of the attacks and damage as well. He’s surprisingly resilient with the right mods.

Thanks for answering! :)
  • So as an update... the team works for sure.

So fights do go badly sometimes and it’s maybe a slightly lower win ratio vs Revan than it was with my previous CLS team... I’d say 70% wins vs strong Revan teams (at least vs what I’m facing on a month after release shard)

I think once I get the zeta on B2 it will help make them more efficient... and the next zeta on Droideka will just be gravy

They do tend to get picked on... but since I’m the only person probably in the top 50 on my shard running something different it’s to be expected

Droideka might be my new favorite character... but Grevious is pretty brutal when he makes it to the end of the match....

They are fun to play for sure... and certainly can be frustrating at times but super rewarding at others...

Anyway here’s some pics!

tD842DF.jpg

e0E8KRt.jpg

KKxZLtL.jpg
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Can IG88 or Probe Droid fit in for Droidika until he can get farmed? Is there a way to lock down the team with target locks through everyone where Revans cant cant health/prot and Buffs?

Can Magnaguard take the Droidika spot as well? If modded for pure health soakage?
  • Noktarn wrote: »
    Can IG88 or Probe Droid fit in for Droidika until he can get farmed? Is there a way to lock down the team with target locks through everyone where Revans cant cant health/prot and Buffs?

Can Magnaguard take the Droidika spot as well? If modded for pure health soakage?
    Droideka is not just about tanking, it is about damage output, because Grievous is the only other one on the team that can do good damage. IG-88 could work.
  • I can confirm: GG with BB8 kills top tier Revans more reliably than my CLS team does, but not quite as well as a Revan team does. Not only that: but the Revans are struggling against me.
    Who would have thought a slow, tanky bb8 would be the key? Not me!
    Crit Avoidance arrow? Check. Defense primaries? Check. Defense, health and protection secondaries? Check. No regard for his speed? Check.
    THIS is what the game is about! Taking a toon known for speed and support, and turning him into a slow, dodgy tank. I’m lovin’ it!
    Here’s what my shard-mate sent me, using his top tier Revan team:
    nzdmjvif8krb.jpeg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I can confirm: GG with BB8 kills top tier Revans more reliably than my CLS team does, but not quite as well as a Revan team does. Not only that: but the Revans are struggling against me.
    Crit Avoidance arrow? Check. Defense primaries? Check. Defense, health and protection secondaries? Check. No regard for his speed? Check.
    THIS is what the game is about! Taking a toon known for speed and support, and turning him into a slow, dodgy tank. I’m lovin’ it!
    nzdmjvif8krb.jpeg

What's the idea for modding bb8 this way?
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    I can confirm: GG with BB8 kills top tier Revans more reliably than my CLS team does, but not quite as well as a Revan team does. Not only that: but the Revans are struggling against me.
    nzdmjvif8krb.jpeg

What's the idea for modding bb8 this way?

BB8’s purpose is to give everyone the speed bonus from Self-Preservation Protocol.
    If you omega his Covert Data Transfer he gets Taunt all the time. If he has taunt all the time: he is attacked instead of the other 4. When he takes damage he gets 50% chance Foresight. When he evades: everyone gets 8% health 8% Protection.
    The icing on the cake is if Revan marks somebody else, BB8 ends up getting Illuminated Destiny off thanks in large part to B1 using specials every turn. It’s quite brilliant how it plays out.
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    A perfect setup would be B2 with as much speed as possible. In my case 264(141). Then have B1, GG and BB8 at 263 speed. Then Droideka slow with ridiculous offense.
    This is actually very easy to do, as B2 has one of the game’s lowest base speeds in the game. I had to dumb down everyone else’s speed, but it let me boost their other attributes.
  • A perfect setup would be B2 with as much speed as possible. In my case 264(141). Then have B1, GG and BB8 at 263 speed. Then Droideka slow with ridiculous offense.
    This is actually very easy to do, as B2 has one of the game’s lowest base speeds in the game. I had to dumb down everyone else’s speed, but it let me boost their other attributes.

Can you link your swgoh.gg profile?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • A perfect setup would be B2 with as much speed as possible. In my case 264(141). Then have B1, GG and BB8 at 263 speed. Then Droideka slow with ridiculous offense.

Can you link your swgoh.gg profile?

https://swgoh.gg/p/829719958/
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    Yup good call and setup.

But still you need those b1 and droideka stars. Without them it's getting really tough.

I can see that I'm missing that bit of an offense that is required to finish off characters.

Perfect assessment. Those extra stars and extra gear level really made the difference.
  • I just put the last g12+ piece on droideka for the extra offense. I could put the last one on B1 but I really see no reason to.
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    @PepsiAddict I see you have both g12+ on b2. Does it change anything other than speed in your opinion?

Thx.

I put both extra pieces on him specifically for the extra speed and extra health. Getting every ounce of speed out of him is essential. Plus the extra damage since he goes so often.
    The 2 g12+ pieces are far more important than the 3 g12 pieces on the left.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    I've tested your mod setup and I'm getting better results with faster bb8. Maybe in my current situation it works better. This way I fire ID from time to time. With slow bb8 my GG kills him completely.

Interesting! Thank you for saying. Keep us posted.
    I had originally tried a very fast BB8 but he was getting hit too hard and dying quickly. With my defense setup he survives for quite a while - long enough so someone else gets marked and his speed bonus remains intact.