Slaveen
481 posts Member
Lineup is as follows:

zChirp G11, 174 speed
Elder G12, 186 speed
Paploo G11, 129 speed
Scout G10, 156 speed
Logray G9, 144 speed

All abilities Omega’ed except Basic abilities and Paploo’s Diversion. Basics are still level 5-6 too.

I realize Logray needs more gear and that my speeds aren’t that great, but I can’t even beat tier 5.

Admittedly, I haven’t spent a whole lot of time attempting it yet but I didn’t think I’d start having problems until tier 7...

Replies

• The event's difficulty increases exponentially from tier 5, as that is what you need for unlock.
    Your gear levels should be enough until tier 6, with good RNG, but those speeds are terrible. You need 200-ish speed on all of them and I'd say anything that is below 180 won't help you at all.
  • The event's difficulty increases exponentially from tier 5, as that is what you need for unlock.
    Your gear levels should be enough until tier 6, with good RNG, but those speeds are terrible. You need 200-ish speed on all of them and I'd say anything that is below 180 won't help you at all.

Really need to get Paploo up there. He gets a 25% boost without taunt, and he can use his first move to target Elder to get your TM going. My Paploo is only G8 but his speed is 164. Puts his effective speed over 200 to begin the battle.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Update - swapped some mods around and got Paploo to 148 speed and Logray to 192 speed. Others are still the same.

And I’m now in the final tier. Beat tier 6 on my second try.

Thanks for the advice all.
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I cleared 5th tier. My ewoks g8(chirpa zeta, wicket, logray lvl85) elder g9, g7paploo lvl65. Logray, wicket paploo 5stars,elder chirpa 7. Speed for ewoks:wicket 250, elder logray chirpa 220. Paploo without mods. On 3rd attempt. Paploo died very fast few Times. Quite easy.
    w6w10yru6t18.jpg
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    I don’t know how you all get them at 200 speed. I’ve got Arena mods on them and 192, 186, 174, 156, and 148 are the best I can do. (That’s before Paploo’s 25%boost by the way).

I usually float around the 190-300 mark for my Arena rankings if that tells you anything about my mods.
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    I don’t know how you all get them at 200 speed. I’ve got Arena mods on them and 192, 186, 174, 156, and 148 are the best I can do. (That’s before Paploo’s 25%boost by the way).

I usually float around the 190-300 mark for my Arena rankings if that tells you anything about my mods.
    Everyone should have minimum 80 speed, plus bonus from speed set. 10 speed as secondary speed is not so hard to have. 30 speed on Arrow. I have some mods like 20 plus but 80 speed is quite easy to have on every evok
  • Slaveen wrote: »

I would suggest you make mod farming your main focus for a little while if that's the best you have available. For events you'll ideally want to be able to put +100 speed on every toon in a squad while having the right primary stats and mod sets; for arena speed is probably the most important stat overall for the majority of toons.

There are several helpful guides to mod farming, levelling and slicing on YouTube.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    With all that assist calling taking place, it's worth it to omega the basics. If all else fails, you should consider this.

(Wicket instead of scout will make it significantly easier, but I believe, you are aware of this already)
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    With all that assist calling taking place, it's worth it to omega the basics. If all else fails, you should consider this.

(Wicket instead of scout will make it significantly easier, but I believe, you are aware of this already)

Thanks. I actually have a couple basics that are still at level 4... I’m hoping to bring Logray to G10 over the next couple days and after this weekends Ab Mat III events, I should be able to get all the basics and Paploo’s Diversion Omega’ed... I have the Omegas, just not the purples. Fortunately, the purples are the easy ones to acquire.

I’m hoping not to use another Zeta on Ewoks but I’m not too concerned about the Omegas.

Yes, I’m aware of Wicket being way better than Scout. Unfortunately, he is only 3 stars :(
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    If you can make 2 or 3 ewoks around 200 speed it Will help You too, skills are important for sure. But You have to start train moving so dont try to make all of them fast. it should help
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Update:

zChirpa G11, speed 196
    Elder G12, speed 203
    Paploo G11, speed 202
    Logray G10, speed 217
    Scout G10, speed 156

All abilities Omega’ed except the following which are still level 6:
    Chirpa’s Basic
    Elder’s Basic
    Paploo’s Diversion

Can’t even make a dent in tier 7. Do I just need to wait on the RNG?
    Post edited by Slaveen on
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Got him.
    Only change to my final lineup from what was posted right above this post is that I got Chirpa’s speed up to 202.
  • Congrats.

It is indeed very RNG dependent. I had (what I thought) a very overpowered team. T5 & T6, did it on auto. I had to remod for T7, I knew the mods were poor, speeds were my barrier. After re-modding, 5 tries resulted in me getting nowhere. They targeted my elder and wiped him out every time, so I just restarted. Try #6, they went another way, and I could easily take them down. Nothing to do with my strategy, it was just the right opening move was needed by the game to succeed.
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    Got him.
    Only change to my final lineup from what was posted right above this post is that I got Chirpa’s speed up to 202.

What were your gears?
  • ****...I have tried 250 times...no luck
    Z Chirpa
    Z wicket
    Elder
    Scout
    Teebo

All gear 12...all with 6 tier mods. All omegas. All 7*. All speed over 220

I know logray and palpoo would be nice to have . But really people are getting 7* 3po with gear 8 teams.
  • SITH9000
    15 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Really ..!? It shouldn't be impossible
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Got him.

What were your gears?

Final roster was as follows:

zChirp G11 (+2 pieces of gear), speed 202
    Elder G12 (+0), speed 203
    Paploo G11 (+1), speed 202
    Logray G10 (+2), speed 217
    Scout G10 (+4), speed 156

All abilities Omega’ed except the following which were still level 6 (not 7):
    Chirpa’s Basic
    Elder’s Basic
    Paploo’s Diversion
    SITH9000 wrote: »
    But really people are getting 7* 3po with gear 8 teams.

I haven’t heard of this. I’ve heard of people doing it with 4 Ewoks who were G11-12 and one G9 Ewok.... also heard of a guy doing it with zChirp G9, Elder G9, Wicket G9, Paploo G9, and Logray G9 - everything Omega’ed - but he also had insane speeds/mods on them.

Most unimpressive team I’ve heard of beating the event was zChirp G11, Paploo G11, Elder G11, Scout G10, Teebo G10, all abilities Omega’ed.
  • I've read some posts where they have, but you have to have logray, palpoo, wicket. And chirpa zeta. I have gear 12..just not that combo...but that combo is ok to be low gear?..and a maxed different combo doesn't work.? This happened with the legendary chewie event too . I did not have dengar. So..it took about 400 tries. And I had maxed hunters. 3 zetas, etc. Tier 6 mods.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Well I had Logray but no Wicket... and even with Logray I probably spent a good 6-8 hours worth of attempts on tier 7.

Tier 5 took my 25-30 attempts (1-2 hours) but I knocked out tier 6 on my second attempt.
  • I finally got him. 500 tries
  • SITH9000 wrote: »
    I finally got him. 500 tries

I’m not trying 500 times so I give up until the next return and I’ll have Logray. This is just stupid that our combo at G12 and a zeta on Chirpa doesn’t get there. The RNG is the most stupid thing they make in this game. Also the story is supposed to be an ambush but amazingly they go first to slaughter or minimum stun at least one of your team. I have to say the BH Mission was much better than this $hi!show.
  • Yeah, agreed. If I could go back in time 3 months ago. I would have invested in logray and palpoo. Instead of wasting gear. To gear 12. Thought the BH. Was just as bad for me. Took me 300 tries. Cause I didn't have dengar. When the devs design this stuff. They should try all combo s of teams.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    SITH9000 wrote: »
    I finally got him. 500 tries

I’m not trying 500 times so I give up until the next return and I’ll have Logray. This is just stupid that our combo at G12 and a zeta on Chirpa doesn’t get there. The RNG is the most stupid thing they make in this game. Also the story is supposed to be an ambush but amazingly they go first to slaughter or minimum stun at least one of your team. I have to say the BH Mission was much better than this $hi!show.

Well, it all depends on what team comp you're using. Not having logray could be as bad as not having Dengar or Bossk in the chewie event. It's a pain, but you can still do it. Plus, we all know they'll do whatever they can to make as much money as possible for these events. If that means having to make things tough for a team many might already have and make them buy gear, they'll do that.
  • If I wanted a C3PO and a Chewie and a CLS now I had to farm Paploo and Chirpa now. I already had scout, elder and Teebo 7* g8 or higher.

I didn't have bossk and still have 65 shards to go for him. So wicket was a no go and Logray conflicted with gear purchases.

I still need to dedicate another 2.weeks.to boss then I guess I.could.get Wicket. Maybe 1 week if I spend crystals there instead of.cantina.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Sorry but when your 200+ speed g11 zeta 90k EHP tank AND g12 75K EHP healer can get instagibbed before you get to make a single move, its just X.

Fill in X with any negative explitive and it should be correct.