Overly Competitive Arena Shard

RoughRaptors
11 posts Member
edited February 2019
To jump right into it, myself and my shard-mates feel that our shard is very overpopulated and competitive. It's not as bad as that one fleet shard that got split, but it's bad, and we were hoping that something could possibly be done, or at minimum have it be looked at similar to what was done for that fleet shard. Upon Revan's initial release, people who had him were falling into the 100s at times, we had Revan up to the 300-400 range on the first release of him. I personally have to start my climb from around 100-150 from ending at #2 every day.

We once had someone with the triumvirate when it was still new and shiny quit the game, they were over rank 1000 within 4 days of inactivity, with a new meta team. Someone else only doing 5 battles a day in our shard because he gave up is sitting in the 400s now because he stopped spending 2-3 hours daily doing arena battles.

We've lost a lot pf people, some of them big spenders on our shard recently, and it always sucks to see people go, but even with that, it still feels like it's only getting worse, for every person that quits it feels like 2-3 more take their place. With the second release of Revan I honestly don't even know how far back he goes in regards to rank.

We talk to many other people in our guild and other guilds and compare the activity of their shard compared to ours. Their older shards (which you'd think would have more meta teams) are super, super tame and they barely have to try to even keep top 50, while we are fighting for our life to not drop to 100 overnight, it is really ruining the fun of the game for a lot of people, having to spend hours upon hours grinding up in ranks and then dropping tons of crystals just to refresh to continue the climb. It's turning into more of a chore than it is a game for a lot of us.

Anyways, hopefully this can be investigated. If you need any more info feel free to ask or PM me.

Thanks

Replies

• RoughRaptors
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    As a followup, today I fell from 2 to 101 with Revan on defense. It's really, really bad and making the game a complete chore to play, especially when comparing my experience with someone else's.

My mods aren't great, but I don't believe that's super important as everyone beats everyone (my good mods are on Traya, I use her to climb). I know some other people that claim the top spots for their payouts with amazing mods on every character, fully sliced, and they are also falling into the 80s/90s. The more people I talk to about this the more people that either laugh, or don't believe me and say I'm doing something wrong because they never fall past 50. We have full g12 revan teams with good mods into the 500s (according to someone else on my shard). I'm unsure how far back they actually go.
    Post edited by RoughRaptors on
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    My mods aren't great, but I don't believe that's super important

And this is where you're wrong. You're having only 5 6 dot mods on your whole Revan team and even your Sith are nowhere close to have all 6 dot mods, some are using blue and purple ones.

When it comes to the same team all over the place and levels, stars and gear is all maxed out only mods make the difference. Slice them to max as fast as possible and you will see.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • RoughRaptors
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kisakee wrote: »
    My mods aren't great, but I don't believe that's super important

And this is where you're wrong. You're having only 5 6 dot mods on your whole Revan team and even your Sith are nowhere close to have all 6 dot mods, some are using blue and purple ones.

When it comes to the same team all over the place and levels, stars and gear is all maxed out only mods make the difference. Slice them to max as fast as possible and you will see.

Someone in my guild was at 93 the other day when he started his climb, not perfect mods but way better than what I have: https://swgoh.gg/p/379311272/

There's just too many people in our shard is what it comes down to, New people are popping up into the 20s/50s almost daily. It's really just overpopulation which is causing insane amounts of competitiveness.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm not in any kind of chat and have trouble to stay in top 50 every day with my Sith while dozens of Revan teams before and behind me are trying to kill me. I know the feeling and i see new names every other day but i am able to climb and hold position.

The real problem is that Revan became widely accessible within 4 months even for F2P players. Meta needs to change to flip the table, people shouldn't be able to have the latest high end character all at once. And shard chats made it even worse - if no one really needs to fight to get crystals and all are getting tons of it, everyone is able to save and invest to the new meta. You are killing the fun by yourself in some way due to being social.

Without competition everyone is equal and needs to stay somewhere in the middle like everyone else, in a complete social world everyone values the same and it becomes boring. Even if they split your shard (what won't happen for sure) over time the same problem will come back. Stop being social if you want diversity or you're just one in a million. Peace for everyone is possible but it's boring, that's the sad truth.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    I share the same shard as Shran and @RoughRaptors . It can be tough if you get cought up on the "climbing higway". On a good day, I start my climb from 30s, sometimes from 80s. Some of the best modded teams fall to 80s overnight, because I see them there, when I start my climb.

There was one day I went from #2 to #131 overnight. It's mental.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I quit reading after "mods aren't that important". They are the meta that impact arena rankings. They just happen to be reusable as team comps change, thankfully.

QFE. Mods are extremely important since almost all the teams are exactly the same in arena.
  • RoughRaptors
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ryche wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I quit reading after "mods aren't that important". They are the meta that impact arena rankings. They just happen to be reusable as team comps change, thankfully.

QFE. Mods are extremely important since almost all the teams are exactly the same in arena.

I mean, yeah mods are important to an extent, but in regards to falling further most people don't check who to fight by looking at the squad, they just do max climbs for the most part. If you read the rest of what I said, you'd see that it really doesn't help a ton. Our shard is just so overpopulated with people who aim for high spots that you are going to fall far and fast regardless of your mods. It's not like your shard, it's a world of it's own.
    Post edited by RoughRaptors on
  • This might be an anomaly, but a fun thing to note: Two days ago I only fell to 27. Yesterday I fell to 40. But today...hm...

Today I fell to 61. The odd part is that there was a Traya at #6 while I was at #4, we were both done for the day. I had my Revan on defense like usual. Today though I fell to 61. That same Traya is at 51. If it was truly target based for easy fights, that Traya would have been nuked from orbit (last time I accidentally left Traya on defense I fell to 150). It's really just random on who attacks you and what "lane" you happen to be in that day.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    How was your shard before Revan was introduced? You've been in this shard for years. If it wasn't always like this, then it's a completely different issue.
  • I only have word of other people I know in my shard as I was never at the top until fairly recently (right before the first wave of Revan). From what I've heard though, it's always been this way but have nothing concrete I can give myself. Someone has screenshots somewhere of someone running Traya when it was still new-ish falling from top slot to over 1000 in a few days I believe. I've been trying to get them to post it.