Disheartened by the grievous rework? Never fear... BB8 makes the team amazing!

Replies

• I too fire off ID about 1/5th the time...but it’s help is negligible in my experience. Though...I admit by the time I can fire off ID: I pretty much already won.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    I've tested your mod setup and I'm getting better results with faster bb8. Maybe in my current situation it works better. This way I fire ID from time to time. With slow bb8 my GG kills him completely.

Been thinking about this all day: I think both setups are right, and a mix of the 2 is the best.
    Speed set with speed secondaries, and as many health and protection primaries and secondaries would likely be the ideal.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    I've tested your mod setup and I'm getting better results with faster bb8. Maybe in my current situation it works better. This way I fire ID from time to time. With slow bb8 my GG kills him completely.

Been thinking about this all day: I think both setups are right, and a mix of the 2 is the best.
    Speed set with speed secondaries, and as many health and protection primaries and secondaries would likely be the ideal.

@PepsiAddict Here’s how I have BB8 set up on my team... pretty fast but with a lot of prot... he’s pretty sturdy actually. I can still put one last g12 piece on him and upgrade his prot arrow (which would put him well over 100k hp/prot)

DCRNJlZ.jpg
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    That’s looking good
    Not working :(. Had 20 fights today - won like 7 times maybe :(. Managed to get from like 35 to 5 only.

I've noticed a severe drop in wins after the last update that had some "fixes" for B1 and droideka I think.

Even watched my movie if I'm doin something different, but no - fights the same, just my chars die a lot quicker. Depressing :).
    They updated Revan’s AI to avoid taunters and damage immunity so that they will target B1 and Grievous more often while ignoring Magnaguard and Droideka.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Not working :(. Had 20 fights today - won like 7 times maybe :(. Managed to get from like 35 to 5 only.

I've noticed a severe drop in wins after the last update that had some "fixes" for B1 and droideka I think.

Even watched my movie if I'm doin something different, but no - fights the same, just my chars die a lot quicker. Depressing :).
    They updated Revan’s AI to avoid taunters and damage immunity so that they will target B1 and Grievous more often while ignoring Magnaguard and Droideka.

Is that true? Why? Was he not good enough already?

Devs have always protected Revan without reason. Its like Revans sleeping with one of the managers.. Maybe Carrie is so lonely she has a pillow (/toy) shaped like Revan?
  • No real change for me. Revan has targeted what seems to be randomly for me.

Just upgraded some mods on GG. His health is now 62944. Swinging a whole lot better now.
  • edvijuxi2r8l.jpg
    How's that for encouragement?
  • Thrak wrote: »
    edvijuxi2r8l.jpg
    How's that for encouragement?

That’s niiiiiice 👍🏻
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    10 days in a row now finishing at #1 in arena with the GG/ BB8 droids... this is on a very old shard (month or so after release?)

It typically winds up costing me a refresh... but the 50 crystals is worth the end result...

The team is super fun... although it can be frustrating at times...

I still need a couple more zetas and probably some more mod tweaking to make them “ideal” ...but still they are super fun to play and are very rewarding if you are willing to invest in them.

I’d put it on par with an equally zeta’d and geared CLS team with 3PO, Han, Chewie & R2 for dealing with the Revan infestation that plagues arena these days...

...probably a little better defensively since the CLS team requires such a specific turn of actions to be effective...

I’ll take the minute and a half wins all day vs that obnoxious revan team everyone is using ;)

qS5reMd.jpg

OS0xS9i.jpg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Nice!

Curious how you get a screen of damage so precisely? Taking a still from a video or some other way?

Yeah, the devs said so. The ai change to Revan to better deal with the Separatists was what caused him to no longer only mark Traya and start marking other Sith. They fixed that part, but he will still not mark someone taunting or someone with damage immunity unless he has no other valid targets.
    I don't get it...5 times in a row the same scenario. Yoda or gk doesn't have buff immunity after my b2. Revan marks GG. Yoda spreads (gk cleanses eventual buff immunity), hits GG with special, than aoe, then normal hit and GG is dead. If not bastilla calls Yoda to finish GG.

This is usual scenario for me. Or the same goes to b2.

@Smapty you don't have this? I mean after my move I usually can't do anything and my GG or b2 is dead...

EDIT:
    Aaand again exactly the same. 4 or 5 hits in GG and he is dead. AI doesnt target bb8 with taunt, or other marked character. I can't actually do something because after my initial turn GG is gone.

You really need the g12+ gears on the toons. A LOT of added health to be had there. Especially since the top tier Revan teams are geared up too. Also the more health GG has the harder he hits.
    Regarding B2 not landing Buff Immunity: B2 needs to be geared with very high Speed, and as high Potency as you can get from mods with speed. My B2 starts with 90.48% Potency.
    Here’s the breakdown: B2’s special only has a 80% chance of landing Buff Immunity. Add to that the naturally high Tenacity of Jedi, and B2 is not going to land much Buff Immunity with his first salvo. However: looking at GG Leadership, whenever a Droid is resisted, that droid gains 10% Potency (stacking). So the longer the battle goes on, the more potent B2 gets.
  • I’ve upgraded or replaced some mods, and I’m downing Revans about 95% of the time. This was a rare battle in that I lost 2 droids, but the outcome was the same:
    https://youtu.be/uH4GlEyMI1I
    There's one little problem, that if any of us could get more of those stars for b1 and droideka (without spending few hundred), the team will be obsolete, as there will be some dark team on top and GG is currently only viable on Revan :(.

The price is just too heavy in my opinion.

It IS a hefty price. Worth it if you have it.
    It’s not only viable on Revan. Im beating top tier Traya leads, Zaul lead, even the rare NS. The only team it can’t beat thus far is CLS. I have no experience with JTR.
    Also if your droideka is so slow sometimes Revans do mark her right? I mean you don't get to move all your droids before Revan and pop her shield?

And really that defense and crit avoidance is worth that less 30k protection on bb8? With that slow bb8 I didn't get the chance to pop ID ever unfortunately.

I rarely use Droideka’s shield honestly. I have it’s offense at over 5600 so it hits like a brick. If it is marked while nobody else is, AND can’t 1-shot anybody: I’ll throw the shield up.

BB8 is only there for one reason: give all droids +32% speed. If you set off Illuminated Destiny: great. If not: no big deal. All you want from bb8 is to stay alive as long as possible.
  • Pepsi - thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

What's your general strategy against traya leads?

I find b1 usually dies quickly (due to traya lead) then you are one droid down with 1 more isolated. I've never won that fight.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Also if your droideka is so slow sometimes Revans do mark her right? I mean you don't get to move all your droids before Revan and pop her shield?

And really that defense and crit avoidance is worth that less 30k protection on bb8? With that slow bb8 I didn't get the chance to pop ID ever unfortunately.

I rarely use Droideka’s shield honestly. I have it’s offense at over 5600 so it hits like a brick. If it is marked while nobody else is, AND can’t 1-shot anybody: I’ll throw the shield up.

BB8 is only there for one reason: give all droids +32% speed. If you set off Illuminated Destiny: great. If not: no big deal. All you want from bb8 is to stay alive as long as possible.

I find the most effective sequence is to kill Yoda ASAP to trigger savior... use droideka’s shield first turn (which slows him down even more) he builds up a bunch of stacks of charge when the other team takes their turns... then use Droideka’s special attack to 1 shot Jolee on his second turn... after that the fight is pretty much a gimme :)
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    Pepsi - thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

What's your general strategy against traya leads?

I find b1 usually dies quickly (due to traya lead) then you are one droid down with 1 more isolated. I've never won that fight.

I only have 1 Traya lead (and one Zual lead) in my top 30, and have no problems defeating either. There are very well modded, but it’s possible they aren’t ideal. I always go after Sion first. I pay attention to Nihilus, and I can usually kill someone before taking him out before Annihilate.
    So I usually go Sion, NastyBasty, Nihilus, [other], then save Traya for last. Only because I enjoy 4 or 5 vs Traya.
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Smapty wrote: »

I find the most effective sequence is to kill Yoda ASAP to trigger savior... use droideka’s shield first turn (which slows him down even more) he builds up a bunch of stacks of charge when the other team takes their turns... then use Droideka’s special attack to 1 shot Jolee on his second turn... after that the fight is pretty much a gimme :)

Mine is very similar. B2 Buff Immunity on GK. B1 special on gmYoda for target lock. GG AOE special to knock everyone’s protection and get into gmYoda’s health. Then b2 with his basic. Then bb8: if gmYoda has very little health I’ll use a basic to kill and trigger savior, otherwise I use bb8 special and let Droieka finish gmYoda with a basic.
    Then Yoda gets his 3 turns lol, then B2 goes: if his special resets I put Buff Immunity back on GK, or if GK still has it I put it on Jolee, and target the daylights out of him until dead, usually by the hand of Droideka and his charged stacks.
    Once in a while there is a Jolee with just a ridiculous amount on protection, health and defense, in which case I need bb8 alive for the speed bonus to take out GK, gmYoda and Revan before finally taking out Jolee. The rare occasion I lose bb8 in this particular mess is the only scenario I lose on offense.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Smapty wrote: »

Mine is very similar. B2 Buff Immunity on GK. B1 special on gmYoda for target lock. GG AOE special to knock everyone’s protection and get into gmYoda’s health. Then b2 with his basic. Then bb8: if gmYoda has very little health I’ll use a basic to kill and trigger savior, otherwise I use bb8 special and let Droieka finish gmYoda with a basic.
    Then Yoda gets his 3 turns lol, then B2 goes: if his special resets I put Buff Immunity back on GK, or if GK still has it I put it on Jolee, and target the daylights out of him until dead, usually by the hand of Droideka and his charged stacks.
    Once in a while there is a Jolee with just a ridiculous amount on protection, health and defense, in which case I need bb8 alive for the speed bonus to take out GK, gmYoda and Revan before finally taking out Jolee. The rare occasion I lose bb8 in this particular mess is the only scenario I lose on offense.

Vs the current revan teams I just attack Yoda first until he dies... ideally buff block from B2 sticks on Kenobi first turn which makes it that much easier...

Then Jolee gets obliterated after savior has triggered by Droideka... and then I just focus down Yoda again... after that point revan and the remainders are dead meat

There’s always a lousy RNG fight once in a while where Kenobi resists everything or some other random circumstance like B2 not gaining TM to wipe buffs... or even worse he gets marked and ability blocked and then the fully buffed revan team proceeds to dismantle my poor droids...

It’s pretty few and far between to lose a fight on offense though at this point... revan teams are super easy and pretty much a gimee win now that I’ve gotten the pattern of attack down..

I just hope the investment will hold with the upcoming release of Darth Revan 😬