Kit Reveal: Ebon Hawk

Replies

  • I flipped out during lunch when I saw this update. I love the Old Republic and was super excited. One of my friends got just as excited as I did. I'm glad we're finally getting some of their ships.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies

    Some of the better parts of star wars lore are left out of the main movies

    I totally agree. Just cant see how is that related to my point?
    Stokat wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Yes way too much time spent on a fringe aspect of star wars.....KOTOR must die!

    I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

    Come on guy.

    Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
    Meta comes and goes

    GK is the most versatile and longest meta toon of all time

    Revan is meta partly because of GMY who isn’t even Old Republic

    I can name all the rebels and say half of them are meta too. Like why bother mentioning Juhani / T3 etc when they have zero impact on the meta and every game mode other than stretching to prove your point. Which says more about how thin your argument is tbh

    First of all look up what meta means. 2nd of all i never said juhani and t3 are meta i said half of them are meta. Which is completly true and actually is a fact when 6 out of 12 chars are meta. Rebels dont qualify as meta, Revan is meta because of revan's kit yoda just helps. And i think alot more people like GK and were excited when he was introduced then a main character from a 15 year old game.

    Except that GMY doesn’t “just helps”, he is an integral part of that squad and Revan wouldn’t be meta defining without him and other non OR Jedi. In fact Revan is much more of a Jedi meta than a OR meta, ppl that don’t care for kotor just tend to ignore that. Additionally ppl in this forum has been demanding a Jedi meta for very long time, well congratulations now you have it.

    Yoda just helps because without revan jedi wouldnt stand a chance against treya or cls. Revan team can work without yoda against those, yes it is harder but it works. Without revan team doesnt work
  • Stokat
    473 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies

    Some of the better parts of star wars lore are left out of the main movies

    I totally agree. Just cant see how is that related to my point?
    Stokat wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Yes way too much time spent on a fringe aspect of star wars.....KOTOR must die!

    I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

    Come on guy.

    Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
    Meta comes and goes

    GK is the most versatile and longest meta toon of all time

    Revan is meta partly because of GMY who isn’t even Old Republic

    I can name all the rebels and say half of them are meta too. Like why bother mentioning Juhani / T3 etc when they have zero impact on the meta and every game mode other than stretching to prove your point. Which says more about how thin your argument is tbh

    First of all look up what meta means. 2nd of all i never said juhani and t3 are meta i said half of them are meta. Which is completly true and actually is a fact when 6 out of 12 chars are meta. Rebels dont qualify as meta, Revan is meta because of revan's kit yoda just helps. And i think alot more people like GK and were excited when he was introduced then a main character from a 15 year old game.

    Except that GMY doesn’t “just helps”, he is an integral part of that squad and Revan wouldn’t be meta defining without him and other non OR Jedi. In fact Revan is much more of a Jedi meta than a OR meta, ppl that don’t care for kotor just tend to ignore that. Additionally ppl in this forum has been demanding a Jedi meta for very long time, well congratulations now you have it.

    Yoda just helps because without revan jedi wouldnt stand a chance against treya or cls. Revan team can work without yoda against those, yes it is harder but it works. Without revan team doesnt work

    So you argue that Revan would still be meta with only Old Republic toons? Well, then we have to agree to disagree. Revan’s abilities benefit Jedi allies much more than OR allies. Of course Revan is the most important character in that squad, no one has stated otherwise, but he wouldn’t have flooded the arena the same way without old Jedi like GK/Ezra/Hoda. And I have never seen anyone not using GMY. So yes, they are necessary as well.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member


    Watch the end!
    Ready to serve master.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/


  • Watch the end!

    A yeah!!! That looks sick!
  • Anti Sith synergy is interesting. So legendary Sith ship coming soon, and then this will be a part of a counter team that we can start farming in 3 months?
  • VonZant
    3842 posts Member


    Watch the end!

    Ominious Query: Master, where are the meatbags so I can terminate negotiations?
  • Kind of cool this is a galactic chase (when is palpy’s ship coming back? ) also it’s ship nodes and needs Carth.. coolio! I won’t go crazy for it but I appreciate it and the extras that come with it.

    For the peeps complaining about KOTOR toons it’s ok. Hopefully one day your fav faction will shine. I got to run my fav toon in both arenas. I’m lucky!

    If anyone should be mad it’s @Gamorrean

    Let people enjoy their factions when they can.

    Also loving the influx of new ships. I’m behind in farming them and makes me excited that something is coming for them.
  • Ikky2win
    776 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Just a little more theory crafting: Ebon Hawk has a crystal pack unlike Emperor’s Shuttle. Now we’ve all thought that Carth, Juhani, Ordo, DS Bastila and one other would be needed for Darth Malak/Darth Revan, but it seems like they’ve given us too much time to farm Carth And Juhani. If they release Malak/Revan on the 21st, and the event lasts a week, they are going to make very little money. What if, realizing this, they pushed Ebon Hawk first, and you’re going to need Ebon Hawk as the 5th to get Malak/Revan starting on the 21st?

    It would be the first time a ship was needed to get a character, but from a financial standpoint it makes a lot of sense (to them at least) and it also makes a lot of sense from a timing standpoint. It also makes sense because we could never figure out who the 5th character needed was going to be. Some thought HK, but they make no money that way because everyone has HK farmed (yes it appears he’s getting a rework but that would be independent of the Malak/Revan event). Some thought you would need LS Revan, but again they make no additional money that way because you can’t panic farm him or buy packs for him and the event just ended recently. Either you have him now or you aren’t getting him for another 3ish months.

    Conclusion: Ebon Hawk is the fifth thing you need for the Darth Revan/Malak event. Just speculation of course but it makes a whole heck of a lot of sense from CG’s standpoint.

    I really think people are focusing on HK and missing this. They just released the pack and it’s available for 27 days. Why didn’t they release a pack for Emperor’s Shuttle? Why is this event 5 days? Why is the pack available for the same amount of time as a marquee? Answer: Ebon Hawk is needed for Darth Revan. This 5 day event with really good drop rates is the equivalent of a marquee going F2P on a hard node for two weeks before an event.

    Poo poo this theory all you want. It’s becoming more and more likely in my mind.
    Post edited by Ikky2win on
  • I've been farming Juhani & Carth since they became available, but at one hard node, there really isn't and hasn't been enough time to get them to 7*. If Darth Revan unlocks at 5* (like a normal legendary) then the nodes are relevant. Otherwise, it's buy shards from shipments or get nothing.

    In the meantime, I've got a decent T3. If I didn't have so many gear priorities it would be g11 right now, but instead is stuck at g9 +5/6. But Carth? He's 4 stars, and he's not adding stars quickly on one fleet node. We'll see what happens later, but I don't see myself getting either Juhani or Darth to 6*, much less 7*, before the 28th. 1 refresh per day and I'll average 5 shards/day = 100 shards between now & then, leaving me 30-35 shards short of 6* on Carth & 45 or so short on Juhani. I could probably grab enough for one of those toons to get 6* through shipments, but both might be iffy. I'd need 2 x 1280 crystals for Carth (32 shards) and 3 x 1280 for Juhani (48 shards). Total = 6400 crystals.

    I guess that's doable, with 400/day from fleet, but it's cutting things close.

    In the meantime, if this ship is required, then I'm limited to 5*, because there's no way that I'm going to get the ship up to 6* in this galactic chase event. I got a nice surge this morning - 56 shards - but that's because I timed my Fleet Energy to be over 140 when the day ended, and 1 minute before the day was over I bought 3 x 100 crystal energy refreshes for Fleet. Then I spent them as soon as the event started, then did the same again for the new day, then bought the Fleet Energy pack (for 600 crystals) in the store.

    Now that the surge is over, it's just going to be 15-20/day (3 refreshes) for the rest of the event. I might get 5*, but 6* is right out.

  • I dunno if im gonna be able to get it. Ill have to see. This month has got to be the pinnical of kotor, and if they got something planned, its big.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Nice end teaser.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Jarvind
    2390 posts Member
    Seems about the same as Palp's shuttle to me: not bad at all, but as it doesn't offer anything that really stands up to Han's Falcon, I'm not in any particular hurry to get it.

    The dispel on reinforce could let you target it by dispelling the "lol you can't target me" buff, I suppose, but Cassian already does that and his targeted assist makes him a much better Falcon-killer.
  • Dk_rek
    3135 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Seems about the same as Palp's shuttle to me: not bad at all, but as it doesn't offer anything that really stands up to Han's Falcon, I'm not in any particular hurry to get it.

    The dispel on reinforce could let you target it by dispelling the "lol you can't target me" buff, I suppose, but Cassian already does that and his targeted assist makes him a much better Falcon-killer.

    yeah but considering most of HMF fleet is cargo ships already the defense buff, double taps, dispel 2 if cassian dispel one fails.....

    seems pretty solid...and if you dont' have HMF but loaded to bear on cargo ships... that defense up won't save you from falcon but might give you some time to try and kill falcon..... will be interesting

    Don't get me wrong I won't be able to use it till 2020 but got T3G12w/zeta but carth only 4*g9 so ship kinda prob worthless to me right now...but by 2020 !!!!!
  • Jarvind
    2390 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Seems about the same as Palp's shuttle to me: not bad at all, but as it doesn't offer anything that really stands up to Han's Falcon, I'm not in any particular hurry to get it.

    The dispel on reinforce could let you target it by dispelling the "lol you can't target me" buff, I suppose, but Cassian already does that and his targeted assist makes him a much better Falcon-killer.

    yeah but considering most of HMF fleet is cargo ships already the defense buff, double taps, dispel 2 if cassian dispel one fails.....

    seems pretty solid...and if you dont' have HMF but loaded to bear on cargo ships... that defense up won't save you from falcon but might give you some time to try and kill falcon..... will be interesting

    Don't get me wrong I won't be able to use it till 2020 but got T3G12w/zeta but carth only 4*g9 so ship kinda prob worthless to me right now...but by 2020 !!!!!

    Like I said, it's not bad at all and I fully plan on gearing up Carth and T3 anyway, so it's nice to see it added. I'm just not going to go crazy blowing all kinds of crystals to star it up. I got Palp's shuttle unlocked with maybe 3-4 energy refills total over the time it was available, so I expect to see about the same with this one.
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies

    Some of the better parts of star wars lore are left out of the main movies

    I totally agree. Just cant see how is that related to my point?
    Stokat wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Yes way too much time spent on a fringe aspect of star wars.....KOTOR must die!

    I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

    Come on guy.

    Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
    Meta comes and goes

    GK is the most versatile and longest meta toon of all time

    Revan is meta partly because of GMY who isn’t even Old Republic

    I can name all the rebels and say half of them are meta too. Like why bother mentioning Juhani / T3 etc when they have zero impact on the meta and every game mode other than stretching to prove your point. Which says more about how thin your argument is tbh

    First of all look up what meta means. 2nd of all i never said juhani and t3 are meta i said half of them are meta. Which is completly true and actually is a fact when 6 out of 12 chars are meta. Rebels dont qualify as meta, Revan is meta because of revan's kit yoda just helps. And i think alot more people like GK and were excited when he was introduced then a main character from a 15 year old game.

    Except that GMY doesn’t “just helps”, he is an integral part of that squad and Revan wouldn’t be meta defining without him and other non OR Jedi. In fact Revan is much more of a Jedi meta than a OR meta, ppl that don’t care for kotor just tend to ignore that. Additionally ppl in this forum has been demanding a Jedi meta for very long time, well congratulations now you have it.

    Yoda just helps because without revan jedi wouldnt stand a chance against treya or cls. Revan team can work without yoda against those, yes it is harder but it works. Without revan team doesnt work

    So you argue that Revan would still be meta with only Old Republic toons? Well, then we have to agree to disagree. Revan’s abilities benefit Jedi allies much more than OR allies. Of course Revan is the most important character in that squad, no one has stated otherwise, but he wouldn’t have flooded the arena the same way without old Jedi like GK/Ezra/Hoda. And I have never seen anyone not using GMY. So yes, they are necessary as well.

    There is 1 3zeta revan on my shard with zaarbal, mission, t3, and bastilla.... easiest team in the top 200 to beat.
    Revan + jolee + gmy is essential.
  • Stokat
    473 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

    Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies

    Some of the better parts of star wars lore are left out of the main movies

    I totally agree. Just cant see how is that related to my point?
    Stokat wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Yes way too much time spent on a fringe aspect of star wars.....KOTOR must die!

    I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

    Come on guy.

    Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
    Meta comes and goes

    GK is the most versatile and longest meta toon of all time

    Revan is meta partly because of GMY who isn’t even Old Republic

    I can name all the rebels and say half of them are meta too. Like why bother mentioning Juhani / T3 etc when they have zero impact on the meta and every game mode other than stretching to prove your point. Which says more about how thin your argument is tbh

    First of all look up what meta means. 2nd of all i never said juhani and t3 are meta i said half of them are meta. Which is completly true and actually is a fact when 6 out of 12 chars are meta. Rebels dont qualify as meta, Revan is meta because of revan's kit yoda just helps. And i think alot more people like GK and were excited when he was introduced then a main character from a 15 year old game.

    Except that GMY doesn’t “just helps”, he is an integral part of that squad and Revan wouldn’t be meta defining without him and other non OR Jedi. In fact Revan is much more of a Jedi meta than a OR meta, ppl that don’t care for kotor just tend to ignore that. Additionally ppl in this forum has been demanding a Jedi meta for very long time, well congratulations now you have it.

    Yoda just helps because without revan jedi wouldnt stand a chance against treya or cls. Revan team can work without yoda against those, yes it is harder but it works. Without revan team doesnt work

    So you argue that Revan would still be meta with only Old Republic toons? Well, then we have to agree to disagree. Revan’s abilities benefit Jedi allies much more than OR allies. Of course Revan is the most important character in that squad, no one has stated otherwise, but he wouldn’t have flooded the arena the same way without old Jedi like GK/Ezra/Hoda. And I have never seen anyone not using GMY. So yes, they are necessary as well.

    There is 1 3zeta revan on my shard with zaarbal, mission, t3, and bastilla.... easiest team in the top 200 to beat.
    Revan + jolee + gmy is essential.

    I know, that is the point I’m making.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Seems about the same as Palp's shuttle to me: not bad at all, but as it doesn't offer anything that really stands up to Han's Falcon, I'm not in any particular hurry to get it.

    The dispel on reinforce could let you target it by dispelling the "lol you can't target me" buff, I suppose, but Cassian already does that and his targeted assist makes him a much better Falcon-killer.

    I see it as a backup option in case Cassian's reinforcement was for naught. I often wish I had a second Cassian when HT regains taunt too soon. The Ebon Hawk is pretty much that. And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.
  • As a reinforcement at 5* it is the best counter to hounds tooth and Hans falcon
  • I cant get this ship unfortunetly, but it seem like a great counter. Sure, emps shuttle can counter both, but you have to be on the dot with timing.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales

  • I see it as a backup option in case Cassian's reinforcement was for naught. I often wish I had a second Cassian when HT regains taunt too soon. The Ebon Hawk is pretty much that. And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.

    This. There have been times when Cassian comes in, does his thing, and for whatever reason the enemy Falcon doesn't die. Then it does it's wing-wave, regains the untargetable buff, and a bunch of health and prot to boot. Uh oh.

    With Ebon Hawk, you get another try (a few turns later). You also get the added benefit of shutting down any TL shenanigans. Not that Biggs is usually around at this point.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • MasterSeedy
    1228 posts Member
    edited March 11
    @Darth_DeVito
    And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.

    Wait, have you actually read the U-Wing kit? You absolutely can dispel a 2nd time. It's not anyone else's fault if you don't use it.
  • @Darth_DeVito
    And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.

    Wait, have you actually read the U-Wing kit? You absolutely can dispel a 2nd time. It's not anyone else's fault if you don't use it.

    IF K2S0 is G11+. A big IF, given how prevalent R1 squads are.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • VonZant
    3842 posts Member
    @Darth_DeVito
    And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.

    Wait, have you actually read the U-Wing kit? You absolutely can dispel a 2nd time. It's not anyone else's fault if you don't use it.

    Dang. Learned something new. Did not know about second dispel. Will gear K2 now. Thanks.
  • @Darth_DeVito
    And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.

    Wait, have you actually read the U-Wing kit? You absolutely can dispel a 2nd time. It's not anyone else's fault if you don't use it.
    @Darth_DeVito
    And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.

    Wait, have you actually read the U-Wing kit? You absolutely can dispel a 2nd time. It's not anyone else's fault if you don't use it.

    Yeah, I realized that just now after reading Trystan's comment. My K-2 is only g8 and I really can't see myself gearing him to 11. Jyn is awesome in a Wiggs squad and Cassian isn't bad either, but K-2 is sadly useless. With the EH, I can dispel and inflict buff immunity at ability level 1. I only have to max the reinforcement ability.
  • What would make me kinda mad was if they just buffed hk47, and then put off darth revan till later.

    However it wouldnt tick me off as much as ANOTHER certain forums. (not this one, you guys are great.) Ugh, sorry, bored and dealing with garbage.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • For anyone who is looking for it, the rest of the disscusion for revan is coming up, dont worry.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • @Darth_DeVito
    And unlike Cassian, it can dispel HT a second time if necessary and add ability block for good measure.

    Wait, have you actually read the U-Wing kit? You absolutely can dispel a 2nd time. It's not anyone else's fault if you don't use it.

    It says Dispel target enemy.
    If you didnt manage to blow up M F on the reinforcement turn, itll just put his buff up the following turn, meaning that you CANT target it to dispel, even if you had g11 k2.
Sign In or Register to comment.