Shardchat destroys fun

Replies

  • Also looking at your title for the thread it says shardchats destroys fun. I don't know about you but getting more than like 200-500 crystals is way more fun than getting 75-100 from your pay out so I may looking at how you feel about cheating again. Because to me it sounds like good business.

    Of course cheating is a good business. Especially in an environment where the developers don’t do anything against.
  • Pooomba
    31 posts Member
    edited March 12
    There is no competition in arena because the AI plays like a two year old which allows everyone to win on offense. This means there is only cooperation and those who refuse to cooperate. More is better than one so if you refuse to join the team than you deserve to stay knocked out of the top for being an uncooperative child.
  • DarkISI
    91 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Also looking at your title for the thread it says shardchats destroys fun. I don't know about you but getting more than like 200-500 crystals is way more fun than getting 75-100 from your pay out so I may looking at how you feel about cheating again. Because to me it sounds like good business.

    Of course cheating is a good business. Especially in an environment where the developers don’t do anything against.


    And just for you:
    DarkISI wrote: »
    I will never understand how anyone can say "Communication and planning is not intended by the developers" and keep a straight face.
    They specifically upgraded the chat system to make communication between players easier. In theory, the ingame chat now allows for an ingame shard chat. And that is what the developers wanted. They even said so in the release notes.
    The only thing keeping shard chats external is the fact, that the ingame chat is still garbage.
    So, no: shard chats are not cheating. They are what the developers want. They specifically gave us (albeit crappy) ingame tools for it.

    That doesn't mean I'm in favor of the kind of behavior described by the OP, but aside from that, everything else he said is simply wrong.


    Small addendum: Since we by now know that the OP lied about a few things: You reap what you sow.


  • You sound like someone whining in call of duty because they are using microphones to call out your position while you don't have won. It's not cheating, never has been, stated so by ea, you just sound bitter that people actually got to know one another, become friends and help each other. There is no multiplayer game that does not have that. Grow up, stop calling everyone a cheater because you got hit.
  • Shardchats don't destroy the fun. Uncooperative, selfish children do. They snipe people off their payouts and run here crying when they taste their own medicine. Adults handle this through communication and cooperation.
  • DarkISI wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Also looking at your title for the thread it says shardchats destroys fun. I don't know about you but getting more than like 200-500 crystals is way more fun than getting 75-100 from your pay out so I may looking at how you feel about cheating again. Because to me it sounds like good business.

    Of course cheating is a good business. Especially in an environment where the developers don’t do anything against.


    And just for you:
    DarkISI wrote: »
    I will never understand how anyone can say "Communication and planning is not intended by the developers" and keep a straight face.
    They specifically upgraded the chat system to make communication between players easier. In theory, the ingame chat now allows for an ingame shard chat. And that is what the developers wanted. They even said so in the release notes.
    The only thing keeping shard chats external is the fact, that the ingame chat is still garbage.
    So, no: shard chats are not cheating. They are what the developers want. They specifically gave us (albeit crappy) ingame tools for it.

    That doesn't mean I'm in favor of the kind of behavior described by the OP, but aside from that, everything else he said is simply wrong.


    Small addendum: Since we by now know that the OP lied about a few things: You reap what you sow.


    Please tell my where I lied
  • All it takes is one petty ****** to turn a shard chat into a bullying syndicate.

    It’s wrong and need to be addressed.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    DarkISI wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Also looking at your title for the thread it says shardchats destroys fun. I don't know about you but getting more than like 200-500 crystals is way more fun than getting 75-100 from your pay out so I may looking at how you feel about cheating again. Because to me it sounds like good business.

    Of course cheating is a good business. Especially in an environment where the developers don’t do anything against.


    And just for you:
    DarkISI wrote: »
    I will never understand how anyone can say "Communication and planning is not intended by the developers" and keep a straight face.
    They specifically upgraded the chat system to make communication between players easier. In theory, the ingame chat now allows for an ingame shard chat. And that is what the developers wanted. They even said so in the release notes.
    The only thing keeping shard chats external is the fact, that the ingame chat is still garbage.
    So, no: shard chats are not cheating. They are what the developers want. They specifically gave us (albeit crappy) ingame tools for it.

    That doesn't mean I'm in favor of the kind of behavior described by the OP, but aside from that, everything else he said is simply wrong.


    Small addendum: Since we by now know that the OP lied about a few things: You reap what you sow.


    Please tell my where I lied

    You claimed it was cheating and against the rules when there were no such rules and thus no cheating.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    DarkISI wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Also looking at your title for the thread it says shardchats destroys fun. I don't know about you but getting more than like 200-500 crystals is way more fun than getting 75-100 from your pay out so I may looking at how you feel about cheating again. Because to me it sounds like good business.

    Of course cheating is a good business. Especially in an environment where the developers don’t do anything against.


    And just for you:
    DarkISI wrote: »
    I will never understand how anyone can say "Communication and planning is not intended by the developers" and keep a straight face.
    They specifically upgraded the chat system to make communication between players easier. In theory, the ingame chat now allows for an ingame shard chat. And that is what the developers wanted. They even said so in the release notes.
    The only thing keeping shard chats external is the fact, that the ingame chat is still garbage.
    So, no: shard chats are not cheating. They are what the developers want. They specifically gave us (albeit crappy) ingame tools for it.

    That doesn't mean I'm in favor of the kind of behavior described by the OP, but aside from that, everything else he said is simply wrong.


    Small addendum: Since we by now know that the OP lied about a few things: You reap what you sow.


    Please tell my where I lied

    You claimed it was cheating and against the rules when there were no such rules and thus no cheating.

    Sorry obviously you don’t know what a „lie“ means. For me (and lots of others) it’s (kind of) cheating. For you obviously not. But that doesn’t make me a liar. It’s an opinion which can’t be a lie. „cheating“ per definition is to gain an unfair advantage in a competitive situation. And for me a shardchats fulfills this criteria. We can discuss about that, but saying this is not a lie.
  • All it takes is one petty ****** to turn a shard chat into a bullying syndicate.

    It’s wrong and need to be addressed.

    Obviously if you do you are automatically a crying child who is to blame for not joining the mafia.
  • Montanz
    161 posts Member
    Sounds like you handled it poorly, the guy said he tried talking to you, the first question is always what your payout time is. The reality is you’re at the mercy of the mafia, you need to apologise and kiss the ring to get in now
  • Noxfire27
    75 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Anyway thanks for the constructive talk, I respect all opinions (well, most ;) and as the arena in this game is not my life, not even my main target in this game (my guild „life“ with all the friends I found there, GA, TW are the things I enjoy, high rank in arena and crystals are nice to have but not my main target) I will „survive“ this and continue playing. Yes, maybe the title (destroys fun) was written in tantrum, but at the end it’s a game which has more to offer than arena. Sometimes you loose, sometimes the others win ;)
    Have a nice day and may the force be with you
  • Montanz wrote: »
    Sounds like you handled it poorly, the guy said he tried talking to you, the first question is always what your payout time is. The reality is you’re at the mercy of the mafia, you need to apologise and kiss the ring to get in now

    Just to clarify: he asked my payout time. I told him and asked about his. He didn’t answer but canceled the conversation. And after that (even until now, I tried to message him today) he rejected all my conversation tries.
    And no, I won’t kiss the mafia ring, I will better live with rank 80 than to join the shardchatmafia. You can call that dumb, but it’s the way I want to play this game.
  • You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    DarkISI wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Also looking at your title for the thread it says shardchats destroys fun. I don't know about you but getting more than like 200-500 crystals is way more fun than getting 75-100 from your pay out so I may looking at how you feel about cheating again. Because to me it sounds like good business.

    Of course cheating is a good business. Especially in an environment where the developers don’t do anything against.


    And just for you:
    DarkISI wrote: »
    I will never understand how anyone can say "Communication and planning is not intended by the developers" and keep a straight face.
    They specifically upgraded the chat system to make communication between players easier. In theory, the ingame chat now allows for an ingame shard chat. And that is what the developers wanted. They even said so in the release notes.
    The only thing keeping shard chats external is the fact, that the ingame chat is still garbage.
    So, no: shard chats are not cheating. They are what the developers want. They specifically gave us (albeit crappy) ingame tools for it.

    That doesn't mean I'm in favor of the kind of behavior described by the OP, but aside from that, everything else he said is simply wrong.


    Small addendum: Since we by now know that the OP lied about a few things: You reap what you sow.


    Please tell my where I lied

    You claimed it was cheating and against the rules when there were no such rules and thus no cheating.

    Sorry obviously you don’t know what a „lie“ means. For me (and lots of others) it’s (kind of) cheating. For you obviously not. But that doesn’t make me a liar. It’s an opinion which can’t be a lie. „cheating“ per definition is to gain an unfair advantage in a competitive situation. And for me a shardchats fulfills this criteria. We can discuss about that, but saying this is not a lie.

    Sure mate, you can reason it however you want with your own made up definitions of words, I prefer using the English language myself.
  • A lie of omission is a lie in which someone deliberately withholds pertinent details about something in order to skew someone else's idea of the truth or engender a misconception. Soooooo........:)
  • You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.

    The big difference is that I never did that „on purpose“ and teamed up to do that. If he ever messaged me and pointed it out I would have respected and considered that. No problem. But so it was just „out of the blue“ for me. And now he rejects all conversation tries.
  • You can justify it all you want, you did the same thing, they did. I think complaining about that here, when you did it and filing complaints to EA "cheating"
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Crystals are the lifeblood of the game of which the majority comes from both Arenas. You can leave and join a new Guild any time of the day but you can never change the Arena leaderboard that you're in. I'd argue that you actually might have a better life playing nice with the people you're stuck with until the game dies or you quit.
  • You can justify it all you want, you did the same thing, they did. I think complaining about that here, when you did it and filing complaints to EA "cheating"

    Either you didn’t read what I wrote last or don’t want to understand the difference between „on purpose“ and „accidentally“(which could have been avoided in the future by just message and tell me like adults should do).
  • Noxfire27 wrote: »
    You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.

    The big difference is that I never did that „on purpose“ and teamed up to do that. If he ever messaged me and pointed it out I would have respected and considered that. No problem. But so it was just „out of the blue“ for me. And now he rejects all conversation tries.

    This is exactly why you should have joined the chat. Shard chats exists for this very reason. Creating a po timetable and working around it to get maximized benefits without hindering the others. They are not the evil mafia who punish people for their own amusement...

    But no, you chose to swim against the current and now complaining the waves are too strong....
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Crystals are the lifeblood of the game of which the majority comes from both Arenas. You can leave and join a new Guild any time of the day but you can never change the Arena leaderboard that you're in. I'd argue that you actually might have a better life playing nice with the people you're stuck with until the game dies or you quit.

    To the first point: would be nice if they’d rotate shards every now and then.
    Second point: I never wanted to **** someone, all could have been solved by a short message to me. Obviously that wasn’t the way they wanted to solve this. They better assumed I did snipe them on purpose (though I can‘t snipe on purpose as I don’t know their payout time). Anyway I won’t, even if they keep sniping me from now on, attack just before full hours in the future. That’s what I will take with me out of this conversation. Just because I maybe was too lightheaded about this and want everyone to have a nice game and less anger.
  • Noxfire27 wrote: »
    I know that shardchats are a thing. I denied a while ago joining the shardchat in my arena. But I can’t believe nobody (CG/EA) is doing something against that besides changing my payout-time. My situation (sorry for my english, just my second language): I was doing quite fine the last few days in Arena, could achieve rank 3 or better. Without shardchat. And obviously my good results poked someone in the eye as I got a message today from one of the megawhales of my arena asking for my payouttime. And after telling him (yes, my fault, I thought maybe they‘d see that I have a Payout which doesn’t concern them and let me be) I got crushed. Suddenly I couldn’t fight anymore as there was always a fight going on. So they swarmed against me and all I could do was to watch my sinking ship till the payout. And the guy who asked me denies now all of my messages. This is imho definitely cheating and against the rules. Now I have to change my payout time. Sounds salty but that never happened before in 4 years and I’m really frustrated atm

    If you can make them bleed enough, they might crack and let you in. Try making some allies. Also, if all else fails, gather your own group to overthrow them lol. There's a ton of Revans. 10-15 new Revans could really give the shard a tough time.
  • Kenjiro wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.

    The big difference is that I never did that „on purpose“ and teamed up to do that. If he ever messaged me and pointed it out I would have respected and considered that. No problem. But so it was just „out of the blue“ for me. And now he rejects all conversation tries.

    This is exactly why you should have joined the chat. Shard chats exists for this very reason. Creating a po timetable and working around it to get maximized benefits without hindering the others. They are not the evil mafia who punish people for their own amusement...

    But no, you chose to swim against the current and now complaining the waves are too strong....

    Well, what they did (and maybe will do in the future) to me prove it for me that it was and is the right decision (for me) cause that’s exactly what a mafia does. Punishing people without telling them the reasons just because they believe that I (as individual) did something on purpose
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Kenjiro wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.

    The big difference is that I never did that „on purpose“ and teamed up to do that. If he ever messaged me and pointed it out I would have respected and considered that. No problem. But so it was just „out of the blue“ for me. And now he rejects all conversation tries.

    This is exactly why you should have joined the chat. Shard chats exists for this very reason. Creating a po timetable and working around it to get maximized benefits without hindering the others. They are not the evil mafia who punish people for their own amusement...

    But no, you chose to swim against the current and now complaining the waves are too strong....

    This.

    Shard chat exists so nobody is wasting crystals, not because shard chat people want to keep outsiders.... outside? Lol

    I climbed today, 10 battles, 9 of them against players on my shard chat. They will hit me later, of course. Everyone is fair game, after their respective PO. All 10 battles against Revan teams - why would anyone in the world want to amplify this torment even further??

    It seems a lot of people have a misconception of what the shard chat truly is. Would I get out of my climbing way to hit someone who is not on the shard chat? Hell no, but that's me. I cannot speak for others
  • DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    I know that shardchats are a thing. I denied a while ago joining the shardchat in my arena. But I can’t believe nobody (CG/EA) is doing something against that besides changing my payout-time. My situation (sorry for my english, just my second language): I was doing quite fine the last few days in Arena, could achieve rank 3 or better. Without shardchat. And obviously my good results poked someone in the eye as I got a message today from one of the megawhales of my arena asking for my payouttime. And after telling him (yes, my fault, I thought maybe they‘d see that I have a Payout which doesn’t concern them and let me be) I got crushed. Suddenly I couldn’t fight anymore as there was always a fight going on. So they swarmed against me and all I could do was to watch my sinking ship till the payout. And the guy who asked me denies now all of my messages. This is imho definitely cheating and against the rules. Now I have to change my payout time. Sounds salty but that never happened before in 4 years and I’m really frustrated atm

    If you can make them bleed enough, they might crack and let you in. Try making some allies. Also, if all else fails, gather your own group to overthrow them lol. There's a ton of Revans. 10-15 new Revans could really give the shard a tough time.

    Well, I don’t want to make someone „bleed“. And I don’t want to join (reasons already said). And especially I don’t want to create an own mafia to battle another. I know there is no „solution“ as the people who benefit from it defend it at all cost.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    Kenjiro wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.

    The big difference is that I never did that „on purpose“ and teamed up to do that. If he ever messaged me and pointed it out I would have respected and considered that. No problem. But so it was just „out of the blue“ for me. And now he rejects all conversation tries.

    This is exactly why you should have joined the chat. Shard chats exists for this very reason. Creating a po timetable and working around it to get maximized benefits without hindering the others. They are not the evil mafia who punish people for their own amusement...

    But no, you chose to swim against the current and now complaining the waves are too strong....

    This.

    Shard chat exists so nobody is wasting crystals, not because shard chat people want to keep outsiders.... outside? Lol

    I climbed today, 10 battles, 9 of them against players on my shard chat. They will hit me later, of course. Everyone is fair game, after their respective PO. All 10 battles against Revan teams - why would anyone in the world want to amplify this torment even further??

    It seems a lot of people have a misconception of what the shard chat truly is. Would I get out of my climbing way to hit someone who is not on the shard chat? Hell no, but that's me. I cannot speak for others

    The only question is: when there is someone not in the chat and hits you around your payout time-do you tell him, warn him, send him a message and tell him, maybe discuss the situation and find a solution or will you team up with your chatmates and snipe him down as „punishment“ because you automatically assume that he did it to you on purpose?
  • Curious, how far were you climbing in the past (ie. Before you got revan)? Seems like you're the new kid on the block. Need to give respect to get respect.
    I believe you when you say sniping others these past few days was unintentional. Dont agree that they should have reached out to you per se. You could have just as easily reached out to anyone of them as well, before messing with their payouts.
  • leef
    13026 posts Member
    Honest question to everyone who thinks shardchats take the competition out of Arena, what competition are you referring to? Endlessly sniping eachother because you can "all" easily beat eachothers teams?
    Save water, drink champagne!
This discussion has been closed.