SWGOH Shard Bullying!

Prev134567
Zaless
18 posts Member
My previous post was taken down,but I will repeat it with corrections. So I’m being bullied by my shard.I’ve registed swgoh 2 years ago,but I stop playing.Recently I decided to comeback to this game.Revan came out and I realized I could get higher among the ranks(which increases amount of crystals u can get).I found out that there is a thing as shard chat so I went through the trouble and found my shard leader.I wrote to him asked if I could join the shard chat.He declined.As the game went on I was getting ranked 1 and my pay out time didn’t disturb any1 else’s in the shard.So I wrote to shard leader since I was getting to top 1 can I enter shard chat.(I tried to be as nice as possible)He declines again and said that my mods,character and account are ****.After this the whole shard decided to target me and knock me down on my po time as far as possible.We all know that rewards for getting 1st and 30th are substantial!Guys help!I have been nice, never rude and was willing to follow shard rules.But they just target me for no reason.

Replies

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    These posts always get taken down. It was the subject matter, not the content. It's ridiculous.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I understand the shard chat not wanting to invite you (looking at what's given: shard age, your roster, your mods).
    There are just 2 things you can do:
    1) Give up and live with the top xx rewards.
    2) You can keep fighting alone or create a 2nd "underdog" shard chat and fight them.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Zaless
    18 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    These posts always get taken down. It was the subject matter, not the content. It's ridiculous.

Too bad that post with around 1000 views in a few hours and many comments on this matter get taken down😔
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That's not true. Posts that violate the Forum Guidelines are removed.

Posts of this content are left open as long as they will remain civil, which is not always the case, but in instances like that they are just closed, not removed.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Posts of this content are left open as long as they will remain civil, which is not always the case, but in instances like that they are just closed, not removed.

We just need to control ourselves better then!

Where has that last one gone then, out of interest? I can't see it anywhere. I enjoy reading folk trying to justify them!
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

as he said it was removed for naming and shaming, which is against the forum guidelines
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    A couple of other possibilities/suggestions:

1) You state that they "target you for no reason" - but earlier, the person you contacted from the shard chat gave you the reason - that you characters, roster and mods are...well, not good. You took a break and the rest of your arena shard has progressed. One option might be to simply "start over" with a new account. This might be a good idea anyway, because once the Revan meta is over, you will probably be stuck with inferior teams again (right now, most people with Revan - even with a bad team and mediocre mods can climb on offense).

2) A second option might be to intentionally and actively improve the rest of your roster and mods, so that you are more "caught up". This, however often takes a lot of time and probably a real-money investment, so is not the most desired.

3) Keep in mind that shard chats are a difficult balancing act for many involved. They are often trying to maximize everyone's payout, while, at the same time, not trying to have 20 people rotate for top rewards at every payout. There is going to be a "cut-off" for people based on strength of roster, dedication to play, etc. - and while that isn't necessarily what people want to hear, it's the truth. Why should someone who took a year or two off, has a weaker roster and doesn't play as often expect the same rewards/benefits of dedicated players with stronger rosters?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Why would the rest of his roster matter if he has a team that can take 1st? Also, he already stated his payout is at a time that doesn't disrupt anyone. I had the same issue. I wasn't allowed in and was targeted. I moved my payout to a time that was not busy and no one from the shard chat had, and they left me alone. I don't understand targeting people when they pose no threat, especially if they don't have a great team. It is one more easy team to beat when you make your climb.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Amrael wrote: »
    Why would the rest of his roster matter if he has a team that can take 1st? Also, he already stated his payout is at a time that doesn't disrupt anyone. I had the same issue. I wasn't allowed in and was targeted. I moved my payout to a time that was not busy and no one from the shard chat had, and they left me alone. I don't understand targeting people when they pose no threat, especially if they don't have a great team. It is one more easy team to beat when you make your climb.

This. Especially if his/her payout isn't a busy one, excluding him/her from the chat is uncalled-for and deliberately targeting him/her is toxic.

As the founder of a shard chat I think they can do wonders for everyone's QoL and shard chats are not the issue. Toxic gamers are.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Why would the rest of his roster matter if he has a team that can take 1st? Also, he already stated his payout is at a time that doesn't disrupt anyone. I had the same issue. I wasn't allowed in and was targeted. I moved my payout to a time that was not busy and no one from the shard chat had, and they left me alone. I don't understand targeting people when they pose no threat, especially if they don't have a great team. It is one more easy team to beat when you make your climb.

As the founder of a shard chat I think they can do wonders for everyone's QoL and shard chats are not the issue. Toxic gamers are.

THIS x1,000,000

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Try to message other members of your shard and see if someone else will let you in. Let them know you aren't trying to hurt anyone else's payouts, you would just like to maximize your own, and know who to avoid.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I've already explained it. MOST teams CAN take first - because the AI is horrid on defense. The rest of his roster matters because in a month, he won't be able to keep up when the meta shifts. Many players can move up when the meta is "stale" and everyone has it. Then it shifts and the more dedicated/focused players stay near the top, while the more casual players drift back.

That's why shard chats often look at the larger picture. Is this a player who is going to be in the top 20-50 for the next several months/year because they have a strong roster and flexibility? Or are they are a one-meta wonder?

As someone who has played the game for 3+ years, I promise there are MANY more 1 meta wonders who have the team that can climb for a month or two and then disappear again for months at a time. The top 50 in my launch shard are almost all players I've heard of and know....until the second Revan dropped. Then there were a bunch of new names. That'll likely all change when the meta shifts again.

Most arena chats don't "target" players that aren't a threat. They simply avoid knocking each other back. And honestly, players who take weeks or even months off, don't have the same mods and gear that players who play daily have - even if they can climb to #1 once in a while.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Zaless wrote: »
    My previous post was taken down,but I will repeat it with corrections. So I’m being bullied by my shard.I’ve registed swgoh 2 years ago,but I stop playing.Recently I decided to comeback to this game.Revan came out and I realized I could get higher among the ranks(which increases amount of crystals u can get).I found out that there is a thing as shard chat so I went through the trouble and found my shard leader.I wrote to him asked if I could join the shard chat.He declined.As the game went on I was getting ranked 1 and my pay out time didn’t disturb any1 else’s in the shard.So I wrote to shard leader since I was getting to top 1 can I enter shard chat.(I tried to be as nice as possible)He declines again and said that my mods,character and account are ****.After this the whole shard decided to target me and knock me down on my po time as far as possible.We all know that rewards for getting 1st and 30th are substantial!Guys help!I have been nice, never rude and was willing to follow shard rules.But they just target me for no reason.

1) How do you know you don't share PO time with anyone else on the shard chat if you aren't in the shard chat?
    2) Getting knocked back to 30 daily isn't a big deal. I regularly am in the 20-30's when I start my climb for the day. Just a matter of getting knocked into the teens a few hours after my PO from others whose PO is coming up, and over the next ~20 hours after that naturally falling a bit more from other shard chat members and some who are not members trying to climb into the teens. Having to spend 50 crystals for an extra 5 battles to get that last fight or three in is actually pretty common even among shard chat members.
    a) Or do you mean getting knocked back to 30 while trying to climb during your PO hour? If this is what's happening, then yes that sucks. If its not, you are probably not actually being specifically targeted, just what normally happens over a 24 hour period.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

This. Especially if his/her payout isn't a busy one, excluding him/her from the chat is uncalled-for and deliberately targeting him/her is toxic.

Eliminate shard chats, eliminate toxic people taking toxic approaches to the game. Although it’s probably too late, once word got out about deletion of chats, I’m sure phone numbers would be passed around. But it’s true that shard chats enable bad people to do mean things. Getting rid of shard chats would be an easier fix than getting rid of bad people.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Eliminate shard chats, eliminate toxic people taking toxic approaches to the game. Although it’s probably too late, once word got out about deletion of chats, I’m sure phone numbers would be passed around. But it’s true that shard chats enable bad people to do mean things. Getting rid of shard chats would be an easier fix than getting rid of bad people.

Most shard chats use 3rd party apps. Many were established long before in-game chat was even possible. There is no way easy or practical to "eliminate" shard chats.

• Nihion wrote: »

That's a very naive attitude to take.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno wrote: »

Ummmmhmmmm.

How they gonna get on discord and delete chats? Lol
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Try to message other members of your shard and see if someone else will let you in. Let them know you aren't trying to hurt anyone else's payouts, you would just like to maximize your own, and know who to avoid.

this

try to message others in the chat....nobody likes to refresh attempts and if one 'difficult' player wants to be that it doesn't mean the rest are
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

And why is that? Look, I know it’s implausible, but I don’t think it’s a bad idea. And it’s still much easier than changing people.

And why is that? Look, I know it’s implausible, but I don’t think it’s a bad idea. And it’s still much easier than changing people.

If you want to eliminate or greatly reduce the impact of shard chats you have to change the arena system. That’s the only way. There are ways to do this if they wanted to take that approach. It’s quite apparent that they don’t.
  • Zaless
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Fanatic wrote: »

1) How do you know you don't share PO time with anyone else on the shard chat if you aren't in the shard chat?
    2) Getting knocked back to 30 daily isn't a big deal. I regularly am in the 20-30's when I start my climb for the day. Just a matter of getting knocked into the teens a few hours after my PO from others whose PO is coming up, and over the next ~20 hours after that naturally falling a bit more from other shard chat members and some who are not members trying to climb into the teens. Having to spend 50 crystals for an extra 5 battles to get that last fight or three in is actually pretty common even among shard chat members.
    a) Or do you mean getting knocked back to 30 while trying to climb during your PO hour? If this is what's happening, then yes that sucks. If its not, you are probably not actually being specifically targeted, just what normally happens over a 24 hour period.

a) Or do you mean getting knocked back to 30 while trying to climb during your PO hour? If this is what's happening, then yes that sucks. If its not, you are probably not actually being specifically targeted, just what normally happens over a 24 hour period.[/quote]

This is my conversation with that chat leader0o7umy8ps61o.jpeg
    I know that my po doesn’t disturb any1 else because there is a dude who is in the shard chat who told me what time is free.As I said again I’m not asking anything from them apart from not to target me by the whole shard when it’s my po!
  • Zaless
    18 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

1) You state that they "target you for no reason" - but earlier, the person you contacted from the shard chat gave you the reason - that you characters, roster and mods are...well, not good. You took a break and the rest of your arena shard has progressed. One option might be to simply "start over" with a new account. This might be a good idea anyway, because once the Revan meta is over, you will probably be stuck with inferior teams again (right now, most people with Revan - even with a bad team and mediocre mods can climb on offense).

2) A second option might be to intentionally and actively improve the rest of your roster and mods, so that you are more "caught up". This, however often takes a lot of time and probably a real-money investment, so is not the most desired.

3) Keep in mind that shard chats are a difficult balancing act for many involved. They are often trying to maximize everyone's payout, while, at the same time, not trying to have 20 people rotate for top rewards at every payout. There is going to be a "cut-off" for people based on strength of roster, dedication to play, etc. - and while that isn't necessarily what people want to hear, it's the truth. Why should someone who took a year or two off, has a weaker roster and doesn't play as often expect the same rewards/benefits of dedicated players with stronger rosters?

What I incentive is there for me to upgrade the rest of the squad if a)I like Jedi b)they r the meta in the game mode where rewards are great and can really help you. About spending money...I live in a country where minimum wage and pension is 70 dollars, and you suggest that I spend hundreds of dollars on a mobile game because some toxic players don’t think my squad is strong enough?R u for real?
  • Zaless
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    kmoa45n2m41m.jpg
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    That above screenshot where that guy from OP's shard made that comment about being a "Bigger target than before" is not at all civil.

I'm sorry, this behavior is just garbage. The OP didn't get a "Free Pass" to #1, he earned and geared his Revan team to climb to #1. He EARNED it.

To me, that's a serious issue if players ganging up and are truly targeting a single person just because they feel he/she doesn't belong.

It's honestly sad that people think that way in some of these shard chats.

• Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    "Entitlement to a ranking position is a falsity..." Yet that's exactly what shard chats enable.

The entire problem with them in a nutshell. OP earned rank #1 by the actual rules & gameplay restrictions of SWGOH, but because OP didn't meet some outside non-affiliated group's ridiculous metric they get punished and pushed farther down than they would normally. It boggles my mind that people, and CG, find this acceptable.
  • I love my 'shard chat'

None of this bullying that is mentioned, I share a payout with 2x other members and we run an unofficial laissez-faire approach.

Some days they lock me out, other days I manage to lock them both out.

I'm thankful the rest of the shard-chat doesn't get involved and we are left to actually compete against each other for top spot like arena was meant to be.

Having said that, I don't think I'd keep playing if I got shafted by collusion between top 50 players....
  • Zaless
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    277tpvp7rc39.jpg
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

What I incentive is there for me to upgrade the rest of the squad if a)I like Jedi b)they r the meta in the game mode where rewards are great and can really help you. About spending money...I live in a country where minimum wage and pension is 70 dollars, and you suggest that I spend hundreds of dollars on a mobile game because some toxic players don’t think my squad is strong enough?R u for real?

You're not listening.

My primary suggestion was to start over. I would never and have never encouraged anyone to ever spend money on this game. In fact, I have been warned (numerous times) for just the opposite.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    "Entitlement to a ranking position is a falsity..." Yet that's exactly what shard chats enable.

The entire problem with them in a nutshell. OP earned rank #1 by the actual rules & gameplay restrictions of SWGOH, but because OP didn't meet some outside non-affiliated group's ridiculous metric they get punished and pushed farther down than they would normally.

I would almost be tempted to agree - except that the "ridiculous metric" is simply being respectful of others, not wasting crystals and trying to maximize crystal payouts for as many people as possible. That hardly sounds "ridiculous".

Almost ANYONE can "earn rank #1 by the actual rules and gameplay" - especially now that 90% of the player base has (and apparently run) Revan. So the fact that the OP can make it to #1 doesn't entitle him to anything - in fact, it just supports the point that something other than simply the ability to make it to #1 should help determine payout distribution.

A civil and ordered "taking turns" and respecting other people's payouts seems to work for many shards/players (that which you referred to as a "ridiculous metric"). The only players that seem to take issue with it are those who think that simply because they can beat the #1 team on occasion, they are entitled to stomp on other people payouts and finish #1 whenever they feel like it or whenever it's convenient for them.

IMHO, thinking you can do whatever you want, without regard to others or their payouts and then acting surprised when they retaliate for your self-centered behavior is a "ridiculous metric".