Mod stockage

Prev1
Aydnie
432 posts Member
Can we extend mod stockage please ? Allow us to store more mods in the inventory, either a free upgrade or you make extentions that cost crystals or credits (or even only dollars)

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is there a reason you need 500+ mods on top of all the sets on your characters?
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Some Ppl are mod dumping to lower their gp for ga cause the rewards are sooo much better than the cost of dump mods 😒
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lasod wrote: »

Some Ppl are mod dumping to lower their gp for ga cause the rewards are sooo much better than the cost of dump mods 😒

And why can't they sell mods that are of little use?
  • To be fair CG made Grevious and team benefit from mods we would previously have sold off.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    To be fair CG made Grevious and team benefit from mods we would previously have sold off.

Not really, even droideka is fine with some low speed mods on him.

I also dont think that many players have 500 extra non equipped mods all with speed on them.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Simple. Selling takes time, even if you do it in mass.
    Having to spend that time to sell mods (~20 mins) every week or 3 months makes a big difference in QOL.
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    To be fair CG made Grevious and team benefit from mods we would previously have sold off.
    That’s what we thought originally with a kit like B1 where it seemed he would benefit more from offense or potency, but nope, speed is still king.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Having to spend that time to sell mods (~20 mins) every week or 3 months makes a big difference in QOL.

Wouldnt that make the issue worse? If you dont have the time to go through 500, how will you have the time to go through 1000 or more?
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Well with a 1000 spaces I could put it off to the weekends when I have time, with 500 I need to sell mid week some times every few days because of all the free mods that come from special events. Also previously didn't need to keep many Health primary mods, that's changed and now I need more health primary mods for HSTR phase 1 teams and for GG, previously I would have sold all the health primaries, but in Mods 2.0 those health primaries got a huge boost and are not so trivial now when taken to 6e. So yes the landscape has changed and new characters are benefiting from mods we never thought would be useful, what's to say we don't get more characters that are less speed reliant and need other focuses in the future. The game is expanding but our ability to save mods that could be useful for the expending game has not.

Wouldnt that make the issue worse? If you dont have the time to go through 500, how will you have the time to go through 1000 or more?

I guess it depends on how you sell. My method is to make a couple of filters and sell those in mass. Like anything below 5 dot (1st filter). Anything that comes up here just select all and sell. It doesnt matter if this finds 4 or 400, so no, it wouldnt makr anything worse. Same amount of time spent with selling, its just the frequency of the activity that would be made more rare.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sentia wrote: »
    Well with a 1000 spaces I could put it off to the weekends when I have time, with 500 I need to sell mid week some times every few days because of all the free mods that come from special events. Also previously didn't need to keep many Health primary mods, that's changed and now I need more health primary mods for HSTR phase 1 teams and for GG, previously I would have sold all the health primaries, but in Mods 2.0 those health primaries got a huge boost and are not so trivial now when taken to 6e. So yes the landscape has changed and new characters are benefiting from mods we never thought would be useful, what's to say we don't get more characters that are less speed reliant and need other focuses in the future. The game is expanding but our ability to save mods that could be useful for the expending game has not.

you sell 500 mods mid week every week?

it would seem that the amount you sell controls the length between times, not the maximum. 1000 wouldn't solve you problem, if you didn't sell enough.

I agree, different mods may be needed as we move forward, but i can't imagine 0 speed would ever be so crucial, that you couldn't wait a little while to find good mod to eliminate the place holder mods you could put on there with 4-7 speed.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I guess it depends on how you sell. My method is to make a couple of filters and sell those in mass. Like anything below 5 dot (1st filter). Anything that comes up here just select all and sell. It doesnt matter if this finds 4 or 400, so no, it wouldnt makr anything worse. Same amount of time spent with selling, its just the frequency of the activity that would be made more rare.

if people aren't willing to spend the time to sort through 500 mods to look for what they need and sell the ones they dont, then it would make things worse. maybe not if you are selling in that fashion, but it would make it worse for upgrading.

also to your earlier point, wouldn't that be a sort of reward to the player who is willing to commit the time to going through mods to make sure they have the best ones, and dont sell a hidden gem. we all talk about the investment of $$, but there are rewards to the investment of time that many of us put in too.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    I'm an extreme hoarder and high end player and even I don't have this problem. I have day 1 mods.
  • Carcass_101
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Take a break from farming mods, and spend your mod energy on slicing, that's what I've started doing.

1. Sell all non-5dot mods
    2. Sell all grey mods except speed arrow and CD triangles
    3. Upgrade the above mentioned Grey's
    4. Sell the ones that don't roll how I want, slice what's left over
    5. Upgrade all green mods until you unlock each stat
    6. Sell all green mods that don't roll speed
    7. Finish upgrading mods that do
    8. Slice all greens that rolled double speed
    9. Rinse, repeat for blues
    10. Go back to farming new mods when you've ran out of worthwhile slicing candidates

I actually have mods that I can't sell. I have a 1 star Green Circle that I would love to sell, but it doesn't show up in my "sell mods" tab. Not locked, and not assigned to a character. Just can't sell it...

I actually have mods that I can't sell. I have a 1 star Green Circle that I would love to sell, but it doesn't show up in my "sell mods" tab. Not locked, and not assigned to a character. Just can't sell it...

Is it hidden in a loadout somewhere? That's another reason the game won't show it in the sell window.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

Is it hidden in a loadout somewhere? That's another reason the game won't show it in the sell window.

That is good to know. Thanks. I'll have to search through, and see if it happens to show up somewhere for some reason. Sure would be nice if there was an indicator that showed it's status in that respect so that I easily knew that answer.
  • It took me months to figure out that if the mod you are trying to sell, even if unassigned, was in a loadout somewhere you couldn’t sell it...
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member

Yes, I have at least 2 or 3 different mod configuration per character, I change them regularly so they are all useful, but theyre not amways used in the same time
  • Aydnie wrote: »

Yes, I have at least 2 or 3 different mod configuration per character, I change them regularly so they are all useful, but theyre not amways used in the same time

You have 277 equipped mods, 89 with speed secondaries, and over 500 unequipped mods?

If those 500 aren't as good as the 277 equipped you should just sell them all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aydnie wrote: »

Wow, that's impressive, you have all 500 extra mods fully leveled? And they are all useful?

Wow, that's impressive, you have all 500 extra mods fully leveled? And they are all useful?

No.

43 of the aforementioned 277 equipped mods are 1, 2, or 3 dot. Most of them under level 15, many of them level 1. With 20% of his equipped mods under 4 dots I can't imagine he has 500 level 15 5 dot mods sitting around.

The reason I do is because mods are always gonna be a constant everyday farm. I have 500 in stock with the majority that have plus 5 speed or higher. I also have all 170 toons fully modded to help with inventory space and roster GP. I’m holding on to them because I would like to see the stats once they’re sliced.

The reason I keep farming is to eventually get my arena team filled with plus 150 speed. On top of that I’m looking for best stats for every other stat I can find. I just finished a full protection set that gives plus 90k protection. A full health set that bumps my Jolee to over 65k Heath. Currently I’m working on full tenacity set and on and on to the next stats.

Speed will always be king but in some instances certain toons shine more with stats more important than speed.

An example is GMY. He works way better with 6300 offense and 260 speed than he does with 310 speed and 4200 offense.

Mods are always gonna be a “farm everyday” type of farm. Missing one day of farming can mean missing one day of collecting a super godly mod.

What I do often is look through my roster of toons I’m not using and equip better mods than what’s currently on them and I sell those bad mods.

Sorry for the long post, I was just giving my reason for why I hoard mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The reason I do is because mods are always gonna be a constant everyday farm. I have 500 in stock with the majority that have plus 5 speed or higher. I also have all 170 toons fully modded to help with inventory space and roster GP. I’m holding on to them because I would like to see the stats once they’re sliced.

The reason I keep farming is to eventually get my arena team filled with plus 150 speed. On top of that I’m looking for best stats for every other stat I can find. I just finished a full protection set that gives plus 90k protection. A full health set that bumps my Jolee to over 65k Heath. Currently I’m working on full tenacity set and on and on to the next stats.

Speed will always be king but in some instances certain toons shine more with stats more important than speed.

An example is GMY. He works way better with 6300 offense and 260 speed than he does with 310 speed and 4200 offense.

Mods are always gonna be a “farm everyday” type of farm. Missing one day of farming can mean missing one day of collecting a super godly mod.

What I do often is look through my roster of toons I’m not using and equip better mods than what’s currently on them and I sell those bad mods.

Sorry for the long post, I was just giving my reason for why I hoard mods.

I absolutely agree. I also use a plan that involves me slicing and upgrading mods to actually find those good mods.

I was doing really good on credits a little while back and was able to get to a point where ever spare mod I had, was upgraded to see all 4 stats, and I was able to sell a bunch of mods. I sold all mods without any speed, and now I slice and farm mods without hitting the max.

There can be a balance struck (not doing what I did, but I feel it helped me, but was a commitment of time), where farming ,upgrading, slicing, and selling can all work out to keep anyone from hitting the cap.

Increasing the cap doesnt help anyone find those great mods, it makes it harder. From many of the explanations we are seeing here, a cap increase is just a bandaid that will lead to the same problem later. A better system to view, upgrade, slice and sell mods seems like a solution to the problem, not just pushing it off to a later time. IMO
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    I dont want better mode view to sell mods. I do NOT sell the mods I earn, and I cant earn new because those ones I have are useful or will be for new characters
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Eventually you hit the 1,000 cap and then come back asking for it to be raised AGAIN.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I dont want better mode view to sell mods. I do NOT sell the mods I earn, and I cant earn new because those ones I have are useful or will be for new characters

You have 500 mods on top of the equipped ones that are useful and upgraded?
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member

You have 500 mods on top of the equipped ones that are useful and upgraded?

That are or will be upgraded later
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Eventually you hit the 1,000 cap and then come back asking for it to be raised AGAIN.

Dont put a cap of 1000. Put a cap of 50 000