Ewoks easily beat Bastila and Commander Luke. So why are Bastila and Luke so good?

joelgs23
251 posts Member
edited March 2019
I read a lot of people crying about them Bastila and Cmdr Luke being so OP... Why? I mean, I regularly beat them with Ewoks.... In this video, my squad is equal power level, but Luke has all 3 zetas and their team has more than me overall.... Yet, in only 2 minutes and 10 seconds, I totally beat Bastila Shan, Commander Luke, General Kenobi, and both Yodas.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ZsbtA5hfI

I'm farming for Bastila now for a Jedi team, I guess I'm wondering if I should keep going as Darth Bastila is likely coming. Is Bastila really worth it?

Thanks

Replies

• I’m not sure what you mean. There is already fallen Bastila.
  • DOH!! yes, you made me look it up, it's Darth Revan that people are talking about.... is it worth farming Bastila with Darth Revan on the horizon?

Thanks! :(
  • Hex
    21 posts Member
    Yes because Bastilla is used to get Revan. And she's a good addition to a Jedi team for TW\GA etc..
  • Come on OP, this is serious trolling right? You compare a full synergy team loaded with appropriate zetas and a speed advantage against some hodge-podge nonsense? CLS doesn't belong with Bastilla and you know it, that's why you fight them. Don't try to sell people about how EWOKS are top tier. They are solid B grade
  • DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    Come on OP, this is serious trolling right? You compare a full synergy team loaded with appropriate zetas and a speed advantage against some hodge-podge nonsense? CLS doesn't belong with Bastilla and you know it, that's why you fight them. Don't try to sell people about how EWOKS are top tier. They are solid B grade

Perhaps not even that. There was another topic where people got to above 12 teams that beat ewoks with ease.
    Come on OP, this is serious trolling right? You compare a full synergy team loaded with appropriate zetas and a speed advantage against some hodge-podge nonsense? CLS doesn't belong with Bastilla and you know it, that's why you fight them. Don't try to sell people about how EWOKS are top tier. They are solid B grade

I don't play Jedi or have Commander Luke, so no this is not trolling. I don't know anything about how those characters synergize. I do know that Cmdr Luke is said to be one of the top 10 or so characters, as is Bastila, so I'm sincerely curious why..... if you read what I wrote, I asked if I should keep farming Bastila, cause I just started collecting her and my Jedi team.

Beyond that, I do love Ewoks and have since I was a child. I appreciate your commentary about about Cmdr Luke not working well with Bastila, I assumed he did cause he is a Jedi, isn't he?

Otherwise, I never said Ewoks were better, I said I can easily beat Bastila and wanted to know why the other characters are so liked. I'll post another video tonight if I get time, and I'll try to find a team without Luke... what do you suggest? Bastila lead, maybe Yoda, Jolee, Old Ben and Esra? Sure, I'll see if I can find it and post one.

Sigh.... you got aggressive for no reason though man, and made a bunch of assumptions. I did not play them cause they had C. Luke, I played them cause they were the top ranked team I was matched against when I played the game a few days ago.

Thanks anyway...... :/
  • Perhaps not even that. There was another topic where people got to above 12 teams that beat ewoks with ease.

Ya, I lose often on defense, but I can't see what is beating me so I don't know. I only play the 5 free games a day, and I normally end around rank 140. I've been up to 77 before, but that was my high. At that point, it's most Revan and she pwns my Ewoks. However, each day I start at about 240 and have to fight back to 140ish. If I spent some crystals to play 10 or so matches, I'm sure I could end in top 50, but I don't want to spend the resources.

Oh!! Bounty hunters pwn me every time! so do clone! lol
  • CLS doesn't have a jedi tag so he receives no bonuses from bastila. As far as farming her goes, she is hands down the 2nd best jedi leader. So if you ever plan to use a jedi team, you will definitely need her
  • CLS doesn't have a jedi tag so he receives no bonuses from bastila. As far as farming her goes, she is hands down the 2nd best jedi leader. So if you ever plan to use a jedi team, you will definitely need her

Yeah, if you plan to use Jedi for *anything* and you don't farm Bastila, you are doing it wrong. She is both the second best leader for the faction, and one of the necessary characters to unlock the best leader.
  • OK, if you want to test ewoks against jedi, try beating:

zzzRevan, speed ca. 290-300 lead, Bastilla with speed over 250, zGMY with speed over 270, zHoda, zJolee, that are properly modded for speed and tenacity

alternatively, zBastilla with speed over 250, zGK with speed over 250, zJolee, zGMY with speed over 270, zHoda, again properly modded for speed and tenacity

And you can sit back and enjoy what happens with the vast majority of teams, not just ewoks.

Speaking about CLS, JTR, etc., they are quite good in specific areas, they are not major performers in PVP.

If you want to really test ewoks, go against either Palpatine - Vader - Sion - Nihilus - Thrawn, or Traya - Vader - Sion - Nihilus - Thrawn, against the PVP Nightsisters, or properly done Bounty Hunters with full zetas and under Jango lead.

Then come back and let us know how good ewoks are against the prevalent 5 teams in all Arenas.
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    OK, if you want to test ewoks against jedi, try beating:

zzzRevan, speed ca. 290-300 lead, Bastilla with speed over 250, zGMY with speed over 270, zHoda, zJolee, that are properly modded for speed and tenacity

If you want to really test ewoks, go against either Palpatine - Vader - Sion - Nihilus - Thrawn, or Traya - Vader - Sion - Nihilus - Thrawn, against the PVP Nightsisters, or properly done Bounty Hunters with full zetas and under Jango lead.

Then come back and let us know how good ewoks are against the prevalent 5 teams in all Arenas.

As I said above, Revan almost always beats my Ewoks... just cause I said I like them and nearly always beat Bastila, does not mean I think they are the best.... sigh.... I already admitted Revan wins....

As for Nightsisters, easy to beat with Ewoks, I'll post videos soon. Empire is super super easy to beat if you go first and replace Paploo for Han Solo, otherwise... boom, Empire almost always win.

Again, I never said Ewoks were the best... If I did, can you please quote it up there so I can admit my mistake? LOL

Wow, he's not a Jedi, that is odd. Thanks so much for the advice!

Here ya go DarthJarX2, I found a Bastila team today that had proper synergy: Bastila, GM Yoda, Old Ben, Jolee and Ezra. Equal galactic power and zetas..... so this is two "full synergy" teams as you put it. Enjoy the video.

As for your claim that I tried to "sell" Ewoks as top tier, can you please explain how I did that? I never even implied it.... if you actually read my posts, you'll see I admit that I normally lose to Clones, Bounty Hunter and Revan... Ewoks are far from top tier, but they are very fun!

Oh ya, Ewoks only need 1 capital letter also, not 5. If you say "EWOKS", then it becomes an acronym, or it suggests you are yelling. Hey! If it is an acronym, can you tell us what it means? That would be fun to know!

Here's the Ewok vs Bastila pawnage from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij2GhkzFSLg&feature=youtu.be
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    CLS doesn't have a jedi tag so he receives no bonuses from bastila. As far as farming her goes, she is hands down the 2nd best jedi leader. So if you ever plan to use a jedi team, you will definitely need her

Wow, he's not a Jedi, that is odd. Thanks so much for the advice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KslE5eaQQNs
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I'll try to answer this as best I can. Let me also preface this by saying I haven't actually seen anyone complain about CLS or Bastila being OP for a long time.

First, the reason people think you're trolling is because you don't merely ask the question, you do so in a way that implicitly posits that these characters are not good at all because you've beaten them with ewoks. And while I'll say that Ewoks have long been an underrated attack squad (I routinely use them against a variety of teams), you are making a case against rank 150-180 teams on what looks like a year-old shard. Further, your comparison of zetas is misleading as one of those CLS zetas is on his leadership, so it does absolutely nothing in that squad, so you are really evenly matched on zetas. As for whatever power comparisons you want to make, not only are you slightly above the first team, but when you factor in the unused zeta, that power gap increases. But since power doesn't really matter, mods do, it should be addressed that you don't show the enemy's mods, just your own. Despite the fact that Jedi get a tm boost under Bastila lead, your Paploo goes first (due to his own speed boost no doubt). However, while their Jedi start at full tm, most of your team is pretty close to 100. It's hard to tell from the bars, but several look like they're easily inside the last 15%. Some even appear to be above their CLS, and the only reason he goes before you is because he was called to assist by Bastila and gains tm from laying down two debuffs (not to mention gaining Speed Up).

So not only are you inadvertently implying that the characters aren't good, you present this case by beating teams at the 150-180 level that you outmod. Additionally, you have Threepio, which is the latest powerful Legendary character, much newer than either CLS or Bastila. You make another point in your own video: A human player would make much better choices, so it's difficult to ascertain a character's usefulness based on how the AI uses them defensively.

Second, what makes them good and should you farm them for your Jedi team? If you are looking to use a Jedi team just because, Bastila by herself is a good lead. The extra protection, tenacity, and turn meter gives them a defensive edge against many teams, much as the tm train does for your Ewoks. If you're a human player, using them rightly, you can take out other meta teams. For example, you could give Bastila's buffs to GMY, who can then spread them. You can save GK's mass assist until they have all those buffs. In addition, Bastila is needed to get JK Revan, which as of right now is pretty much a win button. So if you are looking at making a good team of the Jedi faction, she is needed. There's a video of a Revan team doing 15 million damage in p2 HSTR, and it includes Bastila.

CLS, while sometimes useful as a plug-n-play character, is best utilized as a leader in a Rebel squad. The current top lineup as of right now is CLS lead, raid Han, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and your own C-3PO. The AI could still use them poorly on defense, but you might have more difficulty with that team comparably modded on offense. If the Han/Chewie opening triple shot lands all exposes, you could lose an ewok right off the bat. If you're not stealthed when you attack, the team will counter you hard. If it's CLS, he will give the whole team tm. R2 stealthing will make it hard for you to choose targets.

But CLS in general is a good offensive toon because he's naturally fast, hits reasonably hard, can restore his own health and protection without wasting a turn, lays down a lot of good debuffs, and is good at manipulating tm. He has counterattack and extra tenacity when necessary.
    His lead and uniques gives him great synergy for Rebels. He's great in raids, and can solo a sufficiently weak opponent in GA for extra banners.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I'll try to answer this as best I can. Let me also preface this by saying I haven't actually seen anyone complain about CLS or Bastila being OP for a long time.
    .... .... .... ....
    His lead and uniques gives him great synergy for Rebels. He's great in raids, and can solo a sufficiently weak opponent in GA for extra banners.

crzydroid You are amazing!! Thank you so much for the commentary and advice. I did not realize a lot of what you said. If you have time, I'd like to ask your option on rebel leaders.... so I'm just farming jedi now, but I have a decent rebel squad, but I struggle with their leader too! I don't know how to get Commander Luke yet, so I run Akbar at g12, though I often want to run Jyn or Wedge. Not having CLS, who do you think is my next best choice?

Here's my main lineup
    1. Akbar - Lead, gear 12
    2. Solo - gear 11
    3. Biggs - gear 12
    4. Lando Cal - gear 11
    5. C3P0 - gear 11

I also have, but can't figure out the best arrangement of characters to use in a the ideal squad
    • Jyn - gear 9, 5 star (with zeta)
    • R2-D2 - gear 10, 6 star (can't get 7th yet)
    • Chirrut - g9
    • Wedge
    • Storm Trooper Han
    • R.O. Leia
    • P. Leia
    • Pheonix squad

Any thoughts? I'll probably start a new topic about this......
  • FidelisAnimi
    29 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Akbar is your best lead there, unless you gear up Wedge. The speed from ackbar is great, and very useful to call assists with non attacking abilities.

Solo is super important, you'll want to use him for a long time, along with C3P0.You're lineup is fine, given your gear levels. I'd gear up that R2 and use him. He's pretty vital, both for Rebels and Resistance lineups.

Commander Luke is unlocked by having 7* of the following: R2D2, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker (Farmboy), and Stormtrooper Han. Then you need to wait for an event that happens every 2-3 months (similar to how you got R2).

As for a second team, your best bet would be Jyn lead, with Chirrut, Cassian, Baze, and K2SO. Given you don't have all those, you can mix and match as you can.

As for your first team, the ideal lineup would be something like CLS, Han, Chewy, C3P0, and R2.

Once you have Wedge geared, he can replace Ackbar lead and team up with Biggs with your remaining rebels.

Always keep the Phoenix squad together though!

(Again note that your current lineup is fine, I list the other teams for your future Rebel plans... there are loadsssss of rebels).
  • Thanks so much FidelsAnimi! I really appreciate your tips. :) I just unlocked K2SO today... not sure how far I'll push him, I've never seen him used. I just want his ship.... I read somewhere it's a good ship.