I'm gonna be Sir Wham's-a-lot

And whine that I think there should be a 1 out of 100 chance that this squad can 7* the event
http://swgoh.gg/squads/145921/

Replies

• More gear?
  • You have more speed and I I have them al except logray and it’s a slaughter house at gear 10
  • ToLive
    105 posts Member
    More gear to Elder and Scout. Offense set on Scout. Crit Avoidance arrow and max protection on Paploo. More speed to Elder, he should be the fastest toon in your squad. And after 400-500 retries you will get your unicorn like me with exactly the same squad. Kill order: Chewy, Rambo, Han, Leia\R2, Golden doll.
    And a lot of luck. Ewoks have percentage on most skills, so Elders second skill is the most RNG-dependend.
  • "Elder should be your fastest" "Paploo should be your fastest".

Lemme tell you, it doesn't mean jack. I've spent about $200 to gear my ewoks up to G11+, scout is G10, Zeta is on chirpa, all omegas that matter are set. Paploo is speed and prot. Scout is set all to attack. They're all at 200+ speed. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU do. I can take down Chewie and Han, and before I get a breath, Leia triple taps Elder, and stops my run short. I relaunch, and I lose Elder, Scout and Paploo before I even get a turn. If I'm super-lucky, Scout goes before Chewie, but it seems that the 60% TM reduction chance is rendered completely worthless at that point. He will reduce TM every other time he hits but that one. If Chewie somehow maanged to not be stealther, Elder is confused, paploo is dead, and that taunter is ready to f your s up.

This even is nothing but RNG designed to empty your wallet into thinking it will matter. I've seen people have all G12 teams, only to suffer the same way I do, and yet G9 teams can somehow walk straight through it.

• And whine that I think there should be a 1 out of 100 chance that this squad can 7* the event

Honestly, I don't think you have a shot with that crew and that gear. Just don't see it happening unless you get the best/most lucky RNG ever.

Lemme tell you, it doesn't mean jack. I've spent about $200 to gear my ewoks up to G11+, scout is G10, Zeta is on chirpa, all omegas that matter are set. Paploo is speed and prot. Scout is set all to attack. They're all at 200+ speed. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU do. I can take down Chewie and Han, and before I get a breath, Leia triple taps Elder, and stops my run short. I relaunch, and I lose Elder, Scout and Paploo before I even get a turn. If I'm super-lucky, Scout goes before Chewie, but it seems that the 60% TM reduction chance is rendered completely worthless at that point. He will reduce TM every other time he hits but that one. If Chewie somehow maanged to not be stealther, Elder is confused, paploo is dead, and that taunter is ready to f your s up.

This even is nothing but RNG designed to empty your wallet into thinking it will matter. I've seen people have all G12 teams, only to suffer the same way I do, and yet G9 teams can somehow walk straight through it.

You nailed the whiny part. Seems like your spend may have been better off on farming shards...Scout is weak, why are you using him? Happy to help you in a constructive manner, seriously, but having the right characters, right strategy, right mods and a bit of RNG is enough to make the difference. I don't know of anyone with all G12's on Chirpa, Elder, Paploo, Wicket and Logray that have had any issue, that's your optimal lineup, with high speed mods too. Then attacking Chewie, Han, Commando, Leia/R2 (whoever you are able to, but ideally, Leia first), then 3P0 seems to be the pretty tried and true event strategy here.

You probably don't need to hear this, but dropping $200 on the wrong Ewok squad was probably not wise.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • You can definitely do it with this squad. Just need to git gud.
  • And whine that I think there should be a 1 out of 100 chance that this squad can 7* the event

This is what I did it with:

orflh42rb8aa.png

You can do this!
  • I am done for this 3 month period on Ewok. 6* C3PO. Sucks.
  • I just want to know why Paploo is not dispelling buffs on his basic. I've got 10plus hours on this and still trying. Just bumped zchirpa to 12 and zetad Paploo. Hour into it now, g12 EE, ES, zChirpa, g11 zPaploo, go Teebo.
  • Finally got it. Nobody even died once. Miracle
  • OK, mate, I get you quite well, I have suffered the same. Finally I got angry and put on them my Revan squad mods (essentially speed - potency - tenacity maxed) and it did not matter that I had G6, I got my 5* C3PO. And I had of course full zetas and omegas on them, just to make my life easier. So, I can only say maxed out speed really makes a difference (at least +55 from the 5 non-arrow mods on each ewok).
  • Baddbrad wrote: »
    I just want to know why Paploo is not dispelling buffs on his basic. I've got 10plus hours on this and still trying. Just bumped zchirpa to 12 and zetad Paploo. Hour into it now, g12 EE, ES, zChirpa, g11 zPaploo, go Teebo.

You and I have the worst Ewok team. It isn't comparable to dropping scout and Teebo for Wicket and Logray

• You probably don't need to hear this, but dropping $200 on the wrong Ewok squad was probably not wise.

I know that. But if g9 teams without logray can do it, I should be able to do it just fine.

I would've spent on shards for logray, but I've not seen him since 2018
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    G9 without Logray? Besides ridiculous luck, it’s borderline unlikely.

With Logray? Okay. More believable.

No ones cares if anyone spends money or not (or shouldn’t), but -you- should care if you’re spending wisely. Spending it to continually stack gear into the wrong Ewoks is not wise, nor is it beneficial long term. Since, even if you got 3PO - you’re still left with a sub-optimal squad.

• I don't really mind spending money on it. What bothers me is how **** random the event is, that I can't do it at G11 with good mods.