The day has come

Droideka
615 posts Member
edited March 2019
Revan now makes up over 90% of all teams at rank 1 in arena. CG has finally accomplished their goal of only having one meta. o3ng4bmcf15s.png

Replies

• :s:s
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    90%.

Great work CG. *yawn*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • He was too easy to get (yes, I'm serious) and they brought him back too soon. Now everyone has him, wall to wall Revan, and it's no fun for anyone.

I seriously hope the most recently released OR characters aren't the only requirements for Darth Revan, because virtually everyone has them (or is close to having them) as well.

It's a mess.
  • Soon 91% after finn gets his workover...
  • They brought back Jedi Revan far too early.
    And they are waiting too long on Darth Revan/Malak.
    The new event should be starting 3/14, but sadly it looks like another week at earliest.
    😞
    First jedi Revan event was 10/18, 3 weeks after required toons dropped to nodes. 3 weeks after carth dropped would make it tomorrow.

Doesn’t make sense they would wait to be “nice”.
    Hopefully they make the new event hard as hell. Requiring very high gear, so not everyone will be able to unlock immediately
  • Would anyone get upset if Revan/Traya got nerfed in an effort to restore balance to the force? Would not take a huge amount..
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Would anyone get upset if Revan/Traya got nerfed in an effort to restore balance to the force? Would not take a huge amount..

No. Would be really healthy
  • Oh, Grievous. Our time together was so short... :'(
  • You get what you pay for.

Some among us have fully diapered babies with all their vaccinations up to date.

Others among us have chosen to prioritize their Revan squads and their babies are wearing dusty newspapers from 2007 as diapers, and get a monthly spray of Windex glass cleaner for their vaccinations.
  • GG is phenomenally good on offense a shardmate uses him and they cut through Revan at g12 like nothing.

When people get the droids to g12 and mod correctly, they will see.

But he is flawed on defense. Not terrible, but flawed.
    But, what do you expect?
  • You get what you pay for.

Some among us have fully diapered babies with all their vaccinations up to date.

Others among us have chosen to prioritize their Revan squads and their babies are wearing dusty newspapers from 2007 as diapers, and get a monthly spray of Windex glass cleaner for their vaccinations.

Well said!
    Very creative.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    He was too easy to get (yes, I'm serious) and they brought him back too soon. Now everyone has him, wall to wall Revan, and it's no fun for anyone.

I seriously hope the most recently released OR characters aren't the only requirements for Darth Revan, because virtually everyone has them (or is close to having them) as well.

It's a mess.
    They brought back Jedi Revan far too early.
    And they are waiting too long on Darth Revan/Malak.
    The new event should be starting 3/14, but sadly it looks like another week at earliest.
    😞
    First jedi Revan event was 10/18, 3 weeks after required toons dropped to nodes. 3 weeks after carth dropped would make it tomorrow.

Doesn’t make sense they would wait to be “nice”.
    Hopefully they make the new event hard as hell. Requiring very high gear, so not everyone will be able to unlock immediately

They brought him back too late... if they had of brought him back say a month or so earlier there would of still been a fair amount who wouldn't of got him on the second coming without dipping the wallet
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Palanthian wrote: »
    He was too easy to get (yes, I'm serious) and they brought him back too soon. Now everyone has him, wall to wall Revan, and it's no fun for anyone.

It's a mess.

I would say the contrary - I hope that virtually everyone gets Darth Revan. If he's more focused counter to JK Revan (and the leaked kit suggests so, though not sure if it's legit), then more widespread ownership can make arena much more enjoyable. If the requirements are too steep, only the very top will see a change and the rest will be swamped with JK Revan for months, that sure isn't something that would keep players interested...
    Edit - side note: I would be careful with the "virtually everyone". This forum is skewed towards the players who are very invested in the game, the general playerbase might be very different.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Revan is to easy to get (easiest legendary for now) and his leaderability is too strong.
    Not really he is to strong but the "new" Yoda ist too strong and Jolee is awesome, too.
    The combination is the problem ... not Revan.
    But the next meta will be the same ... maybe it will not so powerfull but strong enough to get a second team in top50
    /Edit: Maybe CG thought a typical Revan-Team would be old republic and the developers "forgot" the old Jedi.
  • It’s easy to “nerf” Revan without Nerfing him. You introduce a new character that is a hard counter to Revan and is Plug and play into several teams.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »

It's a mess.

Not really. He was simply just made too powerful so there is no diversity
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Would anyone get upset if Revan/Traya got nerfed in an effort to restore balance to the force? Would not take a huge amount..

Would depend on what the change was. I played another mobile game previously that had a similar situation - one character utterly dominating the game and making it a chore to play because you either used him or lost. When they nerfed him, though, they went so completely overboard that he went from being godlike to completely useless (like Ugnaught-level garbage), which **** a lot of people off.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The problem is, people don't understand what 'easy to get' means.

What percentage of the playerbase has revan? - while it's most of the top end of arena, this is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

If say a shard has 20,000 players on it, 5,000 active - you only need 1% of them for the entire top 50 to be revans, or 2% for the top 100.

What percentage do you think GC wants people to get the new content (I bet most who have him, have spent something on him - or at least focused highly/high arena players).

I tend to be top 5 most days on my shard, that's with sharing timeslot with many - but a vast majority of my guild don't have revan & they do play daily. Most people are not top 20 daily arena players. Most are not pulling in the crystals required to get these characters even on the second coming.
  • They had perfect opportunity to diversify top end arena a little with the iconic Grievous but nooooo can't challenge dem whales smh
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CptNemo wrote: »
    They had perfect opportunity to diversify top end arena a little with the iconic Grievous but nooooo can't challenge dem whales smh

This isn't about whales vs. f2p - not even close. Most players HAVE Revan - and he's ridiculously OP - that's why everyone runs him. Not just whales.

If you want to compete in arena you have to "run" Revan (or at least put him on defense so you don't drop like a rock).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CptNemo wrote: »
    They had perfect opportunity to diversify top end arena a little with the iconic Grievous but nooooo can't challenge dem whales smh

This isn't about whales vs. f2p - not even close. Most players HAVE Revan - and he's ridiculously OP - that's why everyone runs him. Not just whales.

If you want to compete in arena you have to "run" Revan (or at least put him on defense so you don't drop like a rock).

I'm not arguing about whales vs. f2p or anything. What I meant was that whales paid hard for revan the first time he was introduced and now CG doesn't dare to take away their toy. This is of course entirely on CG for making revan so stupidly OP in the first place. They would rather let it destroy the arena balance and then they would artificially "miss" the perfect opportunity I was talking about (GG "the jedi killer lol" rework). Heck I even wonder whether the game-balance-aware devs first recorded all those vids with GG handing revans **** to him and then someone at the top realized "oh noes! revan challenged..reverse thrust!"
  • It's easier to get Revan than it is Traya. Just takes patience to get Revan.
  • Traya is the real deal.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    The sad part is I pay them for this game. But this thread has inspired me, I will only use GG/NS to take first from now on
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Most players HAVE Revan
    If by "most", you mean about 10%, then I would agree.

• EricsonX wrote: »
    It's easier to get Revan than it is Traya. Just takes patience to get Revan.

Yes, and now they have completely ruined Traya's viability, one of the hardest toons to obtain, she stinks compared to Revan, everyone does, it is just stupid how OP he is.

In my arena shard (years old) there are now only TWO traya in the top 50, and 48 Revan, and the 2 traya are in the bottom 25. So Traya who takes forever to obtain, is now not even competitive at top level, sad really.

• My top 100 is 99 revans and 1 cls