Enough Revan

2Next

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't expect darth revan anytime soon so unless something else drops more revan for awhile.....yawn*

We don't know what, if anything, is coming soon. How are you more or less right than the people who think he is coming next week?

Because people have been claiming he is coming next week for the last 6 weeks and CG has given zero indication he is coming at all.....I've said all along he isnt coming at least anytime soon and it's looking more and more likely I'm right

You're right, based on what exactly?

You think they just made the new OR toons farmable out of the kindness of their hearts, and they wont be used for anything soon?

Actually, they became farmable because they were supposed to based on the cadence. And the Solo characters weren't needed for anything, so it's not like we have no precedent. The new OR not being needed for anything is still a real possibility, though imo not very likely one.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with Revan. He is just the first triple zeta where they actually designed other characters specifically to synergize well with him. That's how all the triple zetas should be, they need to rework the Rebel and Resistance factions to synergize better with CLS and JTR, and they need to make sure all future triple zeta character releases have synergy on par with Revan's.

It's bad that almost the whole meta is one character, but it's a temporary problem that will be solved by them applying the superior design philosophy behind Revan to all other triple zetas. And yes, squads with great synergy and triple zeta leads should be 100% of the meta, it should just be a mix of multiple TZ leads, not all one.

Dude Revan is called "power creep", he's the evil bane that inevitably wriggles it's poison into every online pvp game. You say there's nothing wrong with Revan and you're half right, he doesn't come with a giant iwin button that can be put into any squad for free wins. The problem lies with him bringing too much offense into a defensive class, taking what was becoming a very reliable squad with Bastilla at the helm and GMY finally coming into his power and turning it into a nearly unbeatable wall of boredom and frustration. Thankfully I unlocked and C3P0 and can now climb before payout but any non Revan squad on defense is a giant bullseye and will inevitably fall overnight.

So please don't say Revan is fine and the other factions just need a boost, that will be what turns this game into a power creep nightmare and THAT is what will kill F2P. I dont know how they'll balance jedi without more power creep because as i said its not just Revan, it's Jolee rez/tankiness+GK taunt+crit immune+GMY doing annoying GMY things+Revan, but at this rate they'll have to start releasing new characters with zetas on their basics and 12 uniques.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't expect darth revan anytime soon so unless something else drops more revan for awhile.....yawn*

We don't know what, if anything, is coming soon. How are you more or less right than the people who think he is coming next week?

Because people have been claiming he is coming next week for the last 6 weeks and CG has given zero indication he is coming at all.....I've said all along he isnt coming at least anytime soon and it's looking more and more likely I'm right

You think they just made the new OR toons farmable out of the kindness of their hearts, and they wont be used for anything soon?

Actually, they became farmable because they were supposed to based on the cadence. And the Solo characters weren't needed for anything, so it's not like we have no precedent. The new OR not being needed for anything is still a real possibility, though imo not very likely one.

Have we had a legendary, or heroes journey, with Solo toons before?

Nope, the only thing they are somewhat needed for is the smuggler resource event.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    Rebels need a rework to have better synergy with CLS? Resistance need a rework to have better synergy with JTR? I'm not sure we've been playing the same game. Those were also much better designed characters imo, specifically because they have the right amount of synergy. They work very well and are among the most powerful teams in the game, but they don't dominate everything in sight. I really really hope they do not apply the "superior design philosophy" (lol, not) behind Revan to future toons/reworks.

Most of the CLS and JTR teams I have seen can be easily beaten by a Palpatine team at an equivalent GP, or even at a 10-20k deficit for the Palp team with good RNG. Squads without a triple zeta lead should not have the capacity to consistently beat properly put together squads with a triple zeta lead.

This just shows how clearly you don't understand the concept of hard counters.... The toon having a triple zeta should not mean that they can only be countered by obnoxiously OP squads
  • Nauros wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Rebels need a rework to have better synergy with CLS? Resistance need a rework to have better synergy with JTR? I'm not sure we've been playing the same game. Those were also much better designed characters imo, specifically because they have the right amount of synergy. They work very well and are among the most powerful teams in the game, but they don't dominate everything in sight. I really really hope they do not apply the "superior design philosophy" (lol, not) behind Revan to future toons/reworks.

Most of the CLS and JTR teams I have seen can be easily beaten by a Palpatine team at an equivalent GP, or even at a 10-20k deficit for the Palp team with good RNG. Squads without a triple zeta lead should not have the capacity to consistently beat properly put together squads with a triple zeta lead.

That's what makes the CLS team well-balanced, imo. It beats pretty much everything on offense, but is rather easy to dismantle on defense, so there's a trade-off between easy climb and bad defense. Revan team has no such flaw, it just excels at every aspect imaginable, which is imo a bad design. There are only two ways out, and neither is particularly good for the health of the game: either release something even worse, driving the power creep up to 11, or give the next meta such over-the-top anti-Jedi bonuses that Jedi teams don't see arena viability ever again.

Or 3. Nerf revan teams, amazing for the health of the game, probably even popular at this point.

It will be popular amongst the top since the next meta will be out next week and then the whales or hardcore f2p farmers will not have a counter to their teams.

True, at this point Darth Revans kit is probably made and so OP that nerfing revan will leave DR as the new JKR

LOL, you think Darth Revan's kit is complete already
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

That's what makes the CLS team well-balanced, imo. It beats pretty much everything on offense, but is rather easy to dismantle on defense, so there's a trade-off between easy climb and bad defense. Revan team has no such flaw, it just excels at every aspect imaginable, which is imo a bad design. There are only two ways out, and neither is particularly good for the health of the game: either release something even worse, driving the power creep up to 11, or give the next meta such over-the-top anti-Jedi bonuses that Jedi teams don't see arena viability ever again.

Or 3. Nerf revan teams, amazing for the health of the game, probably even popular at this point.

It will be popular amongst the top since the next meta will be out next week and then the whales or hardcore f2p farmers will not have a counter to their teams.

True, at this point Darth Revans kit is probably made and so OP that nerfing revan will leave DR as the new JKR

Don’t you? He’s about to be released.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    I’m actually enjoying this Revan meta. It’s fun beating these new teams with NS and GG

Don’t you? He’s about to be released.

No, I highly doubt his kit is set in concrete yet
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    It’s here
  • Replace Revan with Revan, yay.

Hopefully this will be the last ever appearance of OR.
  • Kokie wrote: »

Not by release cadence?
    Hey, solo smugglers farmable and are not required for something.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Here is how it's gonna go. Jedi Revan will be the old meta in a few weeks. Darth Revan will become the new meta for a month or so. Jedi Luke will beco e the meta after that. See a pattern here? I sure do. And this gameplay loop is all but dead and buried in my book EA.
  • Jayngo wrote: »
    Here is how it's gonna go. Jedi Revan will be the old meta in a few weeks. Darth Revan will become the new meta for a month or so. Jedi Luke will beco e the meta after that. See a pattern here? I sure do. And this gameplay loop is all but dead and buried in my book EA.
    This game has a 5 year plan. There is no way that Jedi Luke comes into play in the next year or even the next couple years. He is the pinnacle of Star Wars.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    48/50 in my top 50 is Revan.

The lack of diversity in arena is really damaging the enjoyment for me, and for others as well. That's what we get for a freemium game though. Balance takes a back seat as people want the incentive of being overpowered to spend money. Wish there was a healthier medium where more balance is maintained and there can still be a strong incentive to spend money.
  • Literally all that anybody does on these threads is whine. JKR is unfair. DR is unfair. HMF is unfair. Life is unfair. It's boring, and it's old. Get a new hobby.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    This game has a 5 year plan. There is no way that Jedi Luke comes into play in the next year or even the next couple years. He is the pinnacle of Star Wars.

Beat Poet Luke shouldn't be the pinnacle of anything. But you're probably right that CG will treat him like he is. He will probably require a full squad of legendary and/or journey characters to unlock, so we'll need legendary/journey versions of Han and Leia before they are ready to drop him.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Revan, yay.

Hopefully this will be the last ever appearance of OR.

It's a new meta team to break up the 90% JKR meta.

At the very least we have more options besides mirror matches. And then in a few months a new meta will come out. etc

If the « new » revan meta doesn’t use the triumvirate that’s true. If it does it will just be a giant boatload of or domination following a giant boatload of or domination after what was a giant boatload of or domination. Really nothing new about it then.

Let’s hope the « new » meta will be boring, not extremely boring.
    This just shows how clearly you don't understand the concept of hard counters.... The toon having a triple zeta should not mean that they can only be countered by obnoxiously OP squads

Of course it should. If triple zetas aren't obviously and consistently superior, then people have no reason to spend money on them. The whole reason the game exists is to get people to spend money.
  • This is what the players of SWGOH asked for. CG is delivering two versions of Revan. You all got what you asked for 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    BGKC4 wrote: »
    Literally all that anybody does on these threads is whine. JKR is unfair. DR is unfair. HMF is unfair. Life is unfair. It's boring, and it's old. Get a new hobby.

I have no problem with it as long as criticism's are constructive. Just the nature of a beast though with a freemium game. Unbalance is part of the business model as it brings in more profit.