Carth the Coward

Prev134
Carth never joined with Darth Revan. He wet his pants, cried like a baby, and ran away when you say you want to retake the title Dark Lord of the Sith.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Doesn't mean he wasn't part of Revan's journey, though. After all, Vet Han was needed for JTR even when he died halfway through.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Doesn't mean he wasn't part of Revan's journey, though. After all, Vet Han was needed for JTR even when he died halfway through.

dude come on spoilers! ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »

dude come on spoilers! ;)

I was talking about the event ;)
  • Nauros wrote: »

Vet Han was still a part of JTR's journey much like Old Ben. Carth makes sense for JK Revan but not Darth Revan. They should have swapped T3M4 and Carth in these events.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Whatever. It's just an obvious attempt to make people panic farm or buy characters they don't really want or need to get the one that will likely take over the meta for the next 6 months.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but this camel's back is getting tired - and that some pretty heavy straw.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Wouldn't be surprised if Darksider bastila gets a leader. Hold those zetas.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I never actually played KOTOR. Is Carth really that annoying? I really like him in this game. :/
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Whatever. It's just an obvious attempt to make people panic farm or buy characters they don't really want or need to get the one that will likely take over the meta for the next 6 months.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but this camel's back is getting tired - and that some pretty heavy straw.

This game worked this way long time ago...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I never actually played KOTOR. Is Carth really that annoying? I really like him in this game. :/

I played about the first half of the first one and got bored. But he's mostly your moody sidekick who complains a lot. About everything.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

yep really thinking its time to give up too, been playing every day since launch and cant keep up anymore
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Even when playing LS I enjoyed twisting his gears. He was so easy to spin up.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I get where people could see him as annoying, but from a character perspective he is suffering from betrayal and PTSD. I always found him to be one of the better characters in the game.

As for SWGOH goes, Carth led Old Republic is a very fun team and should not be underrated.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »

yep really thinking its time to give up too, been playing every day since launch and cant keep up anymore

Sadly, more and more of us launch players are feeling that way. And it's not just "game fatigue" from playing the same game for 3 years. It's seeing what was once a great game get railed like it has the past 18 or so months.

What was a once a fun "sandbox", rock/paper/scissors game in the Star Wars universe is now simply a profit-first, single character/ship driven one where you are either the have or the have-not - and either way, it's not fun.

Those of us who have been playing since launch have 170+ 7* characters....of which, really only 5 matter right now - in arena, GA, and TW. Ships? 40 - but the only 2 that matter are HMF and HT.

It's too bad, because this was a great game - and there was a time when the development team was dedicated to making it an even better game...not just "more profitable". 18 months ago, SWGOH changed from a "great game that made a profit" to "a profit making game". Player experience and enjoyment took a back seat to profit margins and how CG could extract maximum amounts of cash with minimal work.

It might be time for those players who have been dedicated and loyal launch players to find something else. And it pains me to say it. As a 3+ year player, a guild officer and someone who has enjoyed time here on the "official" forums (even though more official information gets posted on reddit) for most of that time. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I miss the days of Kozispoon gifs and Qeltar's common sense - and Cosmic Turtle333. But CG seems intent on making sure the good old days stay in the past. Whatever.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »

Sadly, more and more of us launch players are feeling that way. And it's not just "game fatigue" from playing the same game for 3 years. It's seeing what was once a great game get railed like it has the past 18 or so months.

What was a once a fun "sandbox", rock/paper/scissors game in the Star Wars universe is now simply a profit-first, single character/ship driven one where you are either the have or the have-not - and either way, it's not fun.

Those of us who have been playing since launch have 170+ 7* characters....of which, really only 5 matter right now - in arena, GA, and TW. Ships? 40 - but the only 2 that matter are HMF and HT.

It's too bad, because this was a great game - and there was a time when the development team was dedicated to making it an even better game...not just "more profitable". 18 months ago, SWGOH changed from a "great game that made a profit" to "a profit making game". Player experience and enjoyment took a back seat to profit margins and how CG could extract maximum amounts of cash with minimal work.

It might be time for those players who have been dedicated and loyal launch players to find something else. And it pains me to say it. As a 3+ year player, a guild officer and someone who has enjoyed time here on the "official" forums (even though more official information gets posted on reddit) for most of that time. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I miss the days of Kozispoon gifs and Qeltar's common sense - and Cosmic Turtle333. But CG seems intent on making sure the good old days stay in the past. Whatever.

Ummm....no. I've been playing since Dec of 15. I don't always agree with the new Dev team, but they are far better then the way this game used to be. Clearly you've forgotten modgate, precraft gate, months between new character release, chronium packs, and a general lack of new content. Or the reason why 3 Chewie shards is an SWGOH meme.

Also if you really think only 5 toons matter in this game at 1 time you aren't exploring the game to its potential. TW and GA require a lot of character and mod depth.
  • Seems like some people don't realize that Squad Arena isn't the entire game.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Seems like some people don't realize that Squad Arena isn't the entire game.

Or that Darth Revan is almost guaranteed to make Squad Arena better, simply because right now it can't be much worse.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Or that Darth Revan is almost guaranteed to make Squad Arena better, simply because right now it can't be much worse.

That's a sad statement about the current state of the game. :D

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member

That's a sad statement about the current state of the game. :D

True, but it's also a reason why I'm looking forward to Darth Revan. Actually, I might consider quitting if he (or other JKR counter) didn't come, and I'm a near-launch player as well.
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member

It'll make it worse.

Darth Revan will be designed specifically to counter JK Revan. But like JK Revan, he won't really have any weaknesses, any teams that can challenge him, other than other Darth Revan teams. And even if there was something that COULD challenge him.... there's going to be a massive layer of JK Raven teams just below it that'll prevent anything but Darth Revan from being able to rise that high.

Instead of having one meta dominating the ladders, we're going to have one meta dominating the latters, and a second meta dominating anything that's not the first meta keeping everyone else even further down.

Gone are the days of RPS teams at the top, where you could have one of a number of teams that could win. Because "it's not FAIR to lose just because someone else had the counter to my team, when I can counter the team that counters theirs." RPS doesn't keep the whales happy. They can't just buy a stronger version of their team and win, because even the strongest version will have something that beats it. And what kind of a whale wants to spend on a team that can be beaten by a "lesser" team? Gotta keep those whales happy.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019

This has always been the case, for the most part. On every new character release:

"Can it take #1 in arena? NO?!?!? IT'S GARBAGE OMG Y U DO THIS DEVS GAME R RUINED"

"It can take #1 in arena? OMG NEW CHAR R OVERPOWRD Y U DO THIS DEVS GAME R RUINED"

For whatever reason, people tend to laser focus on arena to the exclusion of everything else, despite it being the most boring, tedious part of the game by far.

Gamers are also fickle, whiny dingdongs who will find a reason to complain about literally anything that happens, up to and including "getting free stuff." ("it's not enough!" "it's too much to give away to new players!")
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I used bastila and carth when I played Kotor. I never listened to carth though. He was my pretend Han Solo. I just made up a backstory that we were looking for his Chewbacca.
  • Carth doesn't want to talk about it
  • CazNeerg wrote: »

But it is. If you can't compete in Squad Arena, then you can't compete in Territory War or Grand Arena. After a while, Territory Battles and Raids become as much of a footnote as Daily Challenges, Omega Battles, Galactic War and Heists. Even Assault Battles become rote, once you've got the requisite characters built.

The PvP aspects are the only parts that present an evolving challenge, and they follow the meta of squad arena. Chase the meta or die.

I'm tired of it, myself. So I'm going to focus on Clone Wars Chewie for a while.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

But it is. If you can't compete in Squad Arena, then you can't compete in Territory War or Grand Arena. After a while, Territory Battles and Raids become as much of a footnote as Daily Challenges, Omega Battles, Galactic War and Heists. Even Assault Battles become rote, once you've got the requisite characters built.

The PvP aspects are the only parts that present an evolving challenge, and they follow the meta of squad arena. Chase the meta or die.

I'm tired of it, myself. So I'm going to focus on Clone Wars Chewie for a while.

This. I also think it's funny that people jump into one thread and state that squad and fleet arenas aren't the only thing and then in another thread, say that f2p players have all the KOTOR toons at 7* ready for DR. If they aren't finishing at the top of fleet and squad arena they don't. lol

• CazNeerg wrote: »

Nope you are not.
    I dont have revan, and dont chase meta, and I am still the top 3 attackers in my guild in TW.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Nah, he has some trust issues primarily. Also, same guy who plays Carth also played Kaiden in the Mass Effect games.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

I mean, that's just flat out not true. Before I got Revan I was using a JTR team in arena with good-but-not-great mods, placing in the 200-500 bracket. I still won all my GA matchups and contributed plenty to TW, though.

And while squad arena does depend on having the New Hotness, it also is decided largely by who has the better mods, also known as "pure dumb luck."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They have to make money.
    This is how the game goes. New meta, after new meta.

Why is it bad that they want to make some money like they have before?
    They are giving extra time than 1st Jedi Revan event. At least by a week. And, there was more time to farm canderous and Bastilla.

Man, I don’t envy their job.
    Can’t please anyone.