Cool New Zeta, Dude

enlguy
85 posts Member
So I've got one ready to go, but am squandering omegas in case I need to add a couple for Thrawn at 7*. KRU is in the pocket, though. After that, I need a new zeta to aim for. I thought I'd come here to ask for the coolest zeta you have. I'm not interested in the zeta reports, I don't need to know what "everyone says" is the next zeta to do, I want to know from people using some less often used ones, what is a zeta that may not be popular, but you're really glad you did? Currently passively farming imperial troopers, so maybe I save it for Veers (you can see from my link, I'm getting the team to around 5*, though still need to unlock Shore (resources going other places now, this is my passive farm) and bump Range up a bit. Happy I'll have DT at 5* within a week.
Jedi is another one I've slowly been building up. I was never very impressed with them, but they have had some new bumps in the past 6 months or year, and so I've slowly moving Basti up the star chart, am going to unlock Hoda after the next TB, keep my OB for CLS Rebel, so at some point, maybe I'll get GK better geared (he is **** to gear), but thinking maybe have a Basti, Ezra, GMY, Hoda, plus 1 team, and maybe a zeta fits in well there (I know Ezra is a beast with his zeta, but I also feel like Phoenix zetas are... I don't know, it's Phoenix, though if Ezra truly holds up, maybe it would be worth it). Or maybe there's a zeta on someone I haven't thought of at all that would be awesome. Okay, the link you've all been waiting for: https://swgoh.gg/p/413765196/characters/

Replies

• Juzz
    366 posts Member
    If you're going to do troopers zVeers is a must have.
    zHyoda is also very useful
    On less habitual ones I don't regret putting the zeta on Tarkin's Callous Conviction and mod him to maximize Potency
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • - Kanan Zeta is the best Phoenix-only zeta. It'll be the first one I do on that team.
    - Wampa Cornered Beast was totally worth it.
    - Veers' zeta is ridiculous. You'll wipe out entire teams without them taking a turn and then enter the next wave with full TM on everyone. (Forest Moon AB for example)
    - Bastila lead, even at 4* is fantastic.
    - BB8 either one, if you're using him outside of JTR teams Self Preservation Protocol makes him more survivable. RWTP great on resistance teams.
    - Old Ben Devoted Protector. Taunt through fracture, etc. 'nuff said.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I still love my first zeta most...
    Emperor Palpatine's leader zeta. Never had a more favorite.
    Some of my other that I like,
    Vandor Chewbacca,
    Mission vao,
    Zaalbar,
    Carth onasi
    Juhani
    Sion
    R2-D2 number crunch.
    Those are my favs.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Veers zeta is amazing...

But not in TW.

Enemy geonosian squad just uses insta-multi-kill button and bye bye imperial troopers.
  • The insta-multi-kill complaint would work for any squad and any Zeta though...
  • I know second string Jedi have fallen out of favor, but I still love my Bariss Zeta, especially in GA. I got multiple messages last 3v3 saying what a pain in the @$$ my ZBariss lead, Zoriginal Kylo, ZNest team was on defense.
  • Ive got to give you a 3 pack here. Zaul Zavage and Zooku together are my favorite time out team. They fall to meta of course but they to this day wreck the rest.
  • I don't have it myself, but Qi'ra's zeta looks very interesting. Once I finish my droids, I plan to do it. I'll let you know how it goes if nobody chimes in in the meantime.
  • You want to know about under-utilized zetas? Here's one: I put a zeta on g12 Farmboy Luke's Draw a Bead which stacks 10% Crit Damage every time Luke gets a turn. Then I modded him up to 222% CD.

Conclusion: don't do it.
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    You want to know about under-utilized zetas? Here's one: I put a zeta on g12 Farmboy Luke's Draw a Bead which stacks 10% Crit Damage every time Luke gets a turn. Then I modded him up to 222% CD.

Conclusion: don't do it.

Haha
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    Ive got to give you a 3 pack here. Zaul Zavage and Zooku together are my favorite time out team. They fall to meta of course but they to this day wreck the rest.

Nice, I haven't really invested in any of those toons, but maybe one day.
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Vandor Chewbacca,
    Mission vao,
    Zaalbar,
    Carth onasi
    Juhani
    Sion
    R2-D2 number crunch.
    Those are my favs.

Wow, the OR clan. They look like fun to play with, but I just haven't. Of course with DR coming now, I guess enough is enough, and I better start farming some of them. Tired of the game thing dictate who I have to build, though.
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    Veers sounds good. I hadn't really thought Tarkin would be worth it, but maybe. It does give his ship a boost, then, too, I guess.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Vandor Chewbacca,
    Mission vao,
    Zaalbar,
    Carth onasi
    Juhani
    Sion
    R2-D2 number crunch.
    Those are my favs.

Nice. Solid list. I have mission zetad! About to do zalbaar, then...the announcement dropped. Lol
  • i love my zFinn but he’s gonna be reworked/nerfed(?) soon-ish so i would say hold off on him until we see how he changes. zBastila is a great tw and ga defensive team because her bonus protection regenerates each encounter, and once she has the zeta it takes something decent to beat her. in terms of less common zetas, i really like my zEzra- best phoenix zeta outside of phoenix- because he can be used in jedi, rebel, or phoenix teams. i also have a zFulcrum because she is my baby- first character i got to g12+3 (my guild isn’t running HSTR yet) and she can do some monster damage with her whirlwind ability, especially in raids. also, recently geared and zetaed assaj’s unique for haat and i really enjoy it.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    enlguy wrote: »
    Vandor Chewbacca,
    Mission vao,
    Zaalbar,
    Carth onasi
    Juhani
    Sion
    R2-D2 number crunch.
    Those are my favs.

Wow, the OR clan. They look like fun to play with, but I just haven't. Of course with DR coming now, I guess enough is enough, and I better start farming some of them. Tired of the game thing dictate who I have to build, though.

Having played around with them at low gear levels (8-10), they are one of the teams I most look forward to using. They can stack up an absolutely ridiculous amount of dots, and do pretty good damage besides. My super bootleg squad (72k power or so) goes up front in GA and more often than not they get a defensive win off somebody underestimating them. That's with NastyBasty subbing in for Juhani until I get more gear on her, so with both tanks guarding the squishies I imagine they will only get more bonkers.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I love using zbastila on offense in GA because it's an easy way to get full health and protection bonuses.
  • enlguy wrote: »
    Vandor Chewbacca,
    Mission vao,
    Zaalbar,
    Carth onasi
    Juhani
    Sion
    R2-D2 number crunch.
    Those are my favs.

No kidding, right? Although I wonder if they are trying to get away from that.
  • zeta on Sion was SOOO worth it!
  • GMY battle meditation is a must if you’re gonna do Jedi, as is Zeers for troopers. Other zetas I really like that are less common are CLS learn control and Thrawn’s unique. Don’t underestimate the tenacity boost.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Since nobody has said it, there is also the "oh, right" option: you don't have to spend a zeta just because you have one. There's nothing wrong with sitting on it for a bit until your goals are a little more clear.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png