The Revan story.

Prev1
Holy_warrior
116 posts Member
edited March 2019
I’m happy they’ve announced Darth Revan. However...

The story in hand? Does not make sense. I’ve been reading the Revan Time line came across interesting points and mentions of the characters.

Lets agree to disagree on some things here.

Carth- Carth was rescued by Revan and was incharge of the ship which held un-conscious Revan onboard with thus the Kotor story stars. His part in the Revan legendary event??? Questionable here, back to my agree to disagree with somethings.

Hk-47- I’m fully onboard with this as Revan constructed his own Assassin to take out several Jedi (obviously failed as he needed repairs). In his dark side form programmed him to call Malak a meat bag and all other lifeforms meat bags. (Edited as corrected)

Juhani- rescued by Revan, joined the jedi order. Not much of a mention in Revans story here. Again agree to disagree?

Ordo- ordo was not part of Darth Revans story. Was part of Kotor 1 in defeating Malak. I don’t agree with this move at all purely a scam to try force players to purchase.

Fallen Bastila- same as above, although Fallen Bastila was part of the late Kotor 1 end game, taunted by Malak and brought back to the light by Revan. Another bad move and a scam to try make players purchase. If anything it should be light side Bastila who infact dueled Revan before his memory.

In summery we’re getting a journey to the dark side involving 3 characters not even part of Darth Revan at this current time and 2 of those being light side( i’m pro ordo for being light side even though he was a Mandalore back ground and became a hired gun)

I feel this was a poorly planned execution and Darth Revan shoulda been released later this year when they could or done a proper story involving the proper heroes (MALAK BEING THE BIGGEST PLAYER HERE)

What do you guys think? I think it’s just a poor marketing poor scam to take your money without a consideration with the George Lucas orginal lore. Hey ho, who am i to disagree with the gods ru(i)ning the game.

Replies

• Holy_warrior
    116 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My mistake,
    I was under the impression Darth Revan constructed HK-47

You are 100% correct and edited.
  • I don’t see the issue...this follows the second half of the game. Bastila gets captured and turned. Meanwhile you go through the other 2 planets with Carth and company until the decision on the last planet. Then you side with bastila and it becomes a battle between those who side with Revan vs those who don’t side with him.
  • Archeviz wrote: »
    I don’t see the issue...this follows the second half of the game. Bastila gets captured and turned. Meanwhile you go through the other 2 planets with Carth and company until the decision on the last planet. Then you side with bastila and it becomes a battle between those who side with Revan vs those who don’t side with him.

The issue i have is its a journey to the dark side. Revan ventured into the dark side once. This was all befor kotor 1 and thus my post.
  • Archeviz wrote: »
    I don’t see the issue...this follows the second half of the game. Bastila gets captured and turned. Meanwhile you go through the other 2 planets with Carth and company until the decision on the last planet. Then you side with bastila and it becomes a battle between those who side with Revan vs those who don’t side with him.

The issue i have is its a journey to the dark side. Revan ventured into the dark side once. This was all befor kotor 1 and thus my post.

But this journey will take place after his mind was wiped to a clean slate and he was neutral. In the game it doesn’t matter if you’re light or dark, Carth and Juhani will always be by your side until you side with bastila and go to defeat Malak to take back your mantle as a Sith Lord. So they are relevant to the story since this all takes place during the game.
  • Quote me if i’m wrong, but no where has it been said this is following on mid way thru kotor 1. Again Revan turned to the dark side once only. After the mandalore wars manipulated by vitiate. Kotor 1 was well after the mandalore wars. You should read the lore and my post will make sense. Revan turned to the dark side following the path to find an ancient Sith artifact ALONGSIDE Alek (after mandalore wars known as Malak). Bastila was part of revan when she was ordered to take down Revan, this was when theu first met and when they fell in love because of the force bond they had. Which brings me to the point of Fallen bastila revan was well and truely into the light side. The game tells the story accruately as can be but the lore tells it better.
  • I think the Darth Revan event is thenon cannon darkside kotor ending. So no its not going to line up with cannon
  • Archeviz
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I honestly don’t think this event will take into account the lore behind Revan but more of a what-if scenario for the players that chose the dark side ending where Bastila and Revan are leading the sith army against the republic. The lore states that the light side ending to the game is canon but there exists an alternate ending which this event is likely following. It’s true that nowhere is it said that this will follow the second half of the game BUT it would make no sense if this were the time he fell during the Wars.
  • The jedi knight Revan we have in game was said by the devs to be the light side end game version. He has the star forge robes that you get if your alignment is light. We will be getting the dark side end game version that reclaims his mantle as Dark Lord of the Sith (also said by the devs) with Darth Revans robes that you get on the star forge on a dark side playthrough. The way they set this event up maked perfect sense.

As mentioned above, Carth and Juhani do not join you on a DS playthrough for the tail end, but we didn't have stages on Manaan or Kashyyk in the first event. They could be needed on those stages. As far as I can tell, these swgoh events are based around the video game knights of the old republic, and that's it. Not novels or other sources of no-longer-canon-canon. I think they've done an awesome job by giving us both end game character versions that you could have chosen.

I think it's awesome that you went back and studied the lore a bit. It's a great story. It's a bit hard to swallow the old graphics and clunky controls at first, but the first KotOR really stands the test of time. I downloaded it through steam and played through a couple times around the time JKR was announced. It's worth a playthrough. I understand how annoying it must be for people who have no idea who Revan is to be told to spend 40 hours on a 15 year old video game just to understand the hype, but I promise it wouldn't be the worst $5 you've ever spent.
  • Going purely off of memory here, but I think HK was built for the Mandalorian Wars (not to kill Jedi). I thought Revan lost HK during the war.

The timeline really should be Jedi Knight Revan —> Darth Revan —> neutral Revan (can’t remember if he actually joined the Jedi again or just worked with them against Malak).

Of the characters needed, only HK would match the lore. All others happened after Darth Revan (although maybe you could justify Bastila since the player can choose dark side in the game).

Also, this doesn’t really have anything to do with George Lucas.
  • The jedi knight Revan we have in game was said by the devs to be the light side end game version. He has the star forge robes that you get if your alignment is light. We will be getting the dark side end game version that reclaims his mantle as Dark Lord of the Sith (also said by the devs) with Darth Revans robes that you get on the star forge on a dark side playthrough. The way they set this event up maked perfect sense.

As mentioned above, Carth and Juhani do not join you on a DS playthrough for the tail end, but we didn't have stages on Manaan or Kashyyk in the first event. They could be needed on those stages. As far as I can tell, these swgoh events are based around the video game knights of the old republic, and that's it. Not novels or other sources of no-longer-canon-canon. I think they've done an awesome job by giving us both end game character versions that you could have chosen.

I think it's awesome that you went back and studied the lore a bit. It's a great story. It's a bit hard to swallow the old graphics and clunky controls at first, but the first KotOR really stands the test of time. I downloaded it through steam and played through a couple times around the time JKR was announced. It's worth a playthrough. I understand how annoying it must be for people who have no idea who Revan is to be told to spend 40 hours on a 15 year old video game just to understand the hype, but I promise it wouldn't be the worst $5 you've ever spent.

If he’s based on the end game version of the character, it basically nullifies most of my statement lol.
  • It's not about official story of the game but about story that player can experience based on his own decisions within the game. Darth Revan is an example of dark side path.
  • Holy_warrior
    116 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Going purely off of memory here, but I think HK was built for the Mandalorian Wars (not to kill Jedi). I thought Revan lost HK during the war.

The timeline really should be Jedi Knight Revan —> Darth Revan —> neutral Revan (can’t remember if he actually joined the Jedi again or just worked with them against Malak).

Of the characters needed, only HK would match the lore. All others happened after Darth Revan (although maybe you could justify Bastila since the player can choose dark side in the game).

Also, this doesn’t really have anything to do with George Lucas.

Built after the final battle, This was when Revan was a fully pledged Sith. Of-course it does. Anything Starwars had to stamped by George Lucas, you think Disney created StarWars? God no George Lucas built an entire world over 30-40 years including the old republic. Probably helped by third parties to help tell the story like Kotor was published by EA at the time for example.

Disney can now alter the cannon as it does belong to them now. Thought i’d add that in there.

• Built after the final battle, This was when Revan was a fully pledged Sith. Of-course it does. Anything Starwars had to stamped by George Lucas, you think Disney created StarWars? God no George Lucas built an entire world over 30-40 years including the old republic. Probably helped by third parties to help tell the story like Kotor was published by EA at the time for example.

Disney can now alter the cannon as it does belong to them now. Thought i’d add that in there.

EA has nothing to do with KOTOR! It was BIOWARE, which now belongs to EA.
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »

Built after the final battle, This was when Revan was a fully pledged Sith. Of-course it does. Anything Starwars had to stamped by George Lucas, you think Disney created StarWars? God no George Lucas built an entire world over 30-40 years including the old republic. Probably helped by third parties to help tell the story like Kotor was published by EA at the time for example.

EA has nothing to do with KOTOR! It was BIOWARE, which now belongs to EA.

Getting my own timelines confused. Published by LucasArts. Now rightly owned by EA.
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I guess dispute about publisher and producer does not make much sense now :sweat_smile:
  • Quote me if i’m wrong, but no where has it been said this is following on mid way thru kotor 1. Again Revan turned to the dark side once only. After the mandalore wars manipulated by vitiate. Kotor 1 was well after the mandalore wars. You should read the lore and my post will make sense. Revan turned to the dark side following the path to find an ancient Sith artifact ALONGSIDE Alek (after mandalore wars known as Malak). Bastila was part of revan when she was ordered to take down Revan, this was when theu first met and when they fell in love because of the force bond they had. Which brings me to the point of Fallen bastila revan was well and truely into the light side. The game tells the story accruately as can be but the lore tells it better.

From the Scourge of the Republic post:

"It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne"

Reclaim implies Malak took the throne and Darth Revan fell. Revan reclaims the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith mid to end game of KOTOR 1. I assume the first few battles will have Juhani and Carth teams and then you will use the other 3 to carry out the will of Revan
  • So much over analysis. You’re playing a game, inside a game, using characters from another game...
  • Built after the final battle, This was when Revan was a fully pledged Sith. Of-course it does. Anything Starwars had to stamped by George Lucas, you think Disney created StarWars? God no George Lucas built an entire world over 30-40 years including the old republic. Probably helped by third parties to help tell the story like Kotor was published by EA at the time for example.

Lucas rarely paid attention to what was going on in the EU. He would occasionally pop his head in and issue random declarations that would derail storylines that had been years in the making, but day to day he was absentee.

And KOTOR was released many, many years before BioWare was sold to EA.
  • There was a Mike Zero video today saying that the 4th trilogy that will be written by the makers of game of thrones have officially narrowed down the theme of that trilogy to the old republic, with shows that tie in on the new streaming service as well as reintroducing characters that are no longer canon, or another sequel after the current sequel trilogy. I find that news coming out the same day as this news a bit interesting...
  • Isn't that the guy whose "spoilers" always turn out to be wrong?
  • We will get a Darth Revan that represents the end of KOTOR1 if you received the dark side ending.

Yes we will have two characters that mirror each other. Who cares - we have 5 Hans there are no rules.
  • Haha, I don't know. I avoid the spoilers. He does spend 6 minutes saying what he could spit out in 30 seconds. I do know that. I'm just thinking along the lines of possibly using this game as one way to get some metrics on interest
  • We will get a Darth Revan that represents the end of KOTOR1 if you received the dark side ending.

Yes we will have two characters that mirror each other. Who cares - we have 5 Hans there are no rules.

The text of the newsletter post in game seems to imply we are getting pre-game Darth Revan. It will be interesting to see what the actual journey looks like.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    We will get a Darth Revan that represents the end of KOTOR1 if you received the dark side ending.

The text of the newsletter post in game seems to imply we are getting pre-game Darth Revan. It will be interesting to see what the actual journey looks like.

Exactly. Carth was referring to Revan and Alek returning as Darth Revan and Darth Malak who sought to destroy the Republic. The OP is correct. Story doesn’t make sense and is another shameless cash grab from people who can’t control themselves.
  • I was confused by that too. In game talked about the Revan that returned after finding the star forge, but the post talked about reclaiming the mantle of Lord of the Sith. Which one is it? I lean towards the end game version only because it mirrors the endgame LS version that we already have
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    We will get a Darth Revan that represents the end of KOTOR1 if you received the dark side ending.

Reclaiming the mantle of the Sith refers to the dark side ending of KOTOR1.

Reclaim implies a 2nd time.
  • I'll bet the final mission will be to kill Carth and the other Old Republic era buddies.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »

Reclaiming the mantle of the Sith refers to the dark side ending of KOTOR1.

Reclaim implies a 2nd time.

The post in my newsletter page says claim, not reclaim.

As to Carth, he was part of the Republic military while Revan was in charge prior to becoming Darth Revan. Juhani was a Jedi. Canderous was one of his enemies. HK was his personally crafted droid. The only one that is actually narratively problematic if they sequence it correctly is Fallen Bastila.
  • The Scourge of the old republic post in dev announcements and news says reclaim the sith throne.