Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, F2P Beginners beware!

barhisstoneman
5 posts Member
edited March 2019
Let me first state that this game is the best that I have played to date, BUT! Be careful, if you are prepared to not take the game to seriously, which I doubt after a certain level, because I know that to play this game in the first place you will have some level of competiveness within you, then do your daily chores then you will slowly, (and I mean it gets slower,)you will hench up.
Please do not think that you can beat this game without spending a huge amount of money, even if you did you will not get there, so like I said, be careful, if you cannot understand what you have found, and you have gone too far for simply taking it for granted, this may cause a feedback of negative thought, that as it increases, decreases your acceptance of existence.
Only kidding, good game really, just don’t gamble, it never pays in the end.

Edited title for all caps~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

• ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm going to come right out and disagree with you. I'm a F2P player. 3,000,000 GP. I can complete nearly all events and my guild wins the vast majority of our TW.

It doesn't matter at all if I don't have Revan or Traya. Honestly, I couldn't care less about not having them.

Finishing in the top 100 for arenas is perfectly fine for me and 95% of other players in the game. SWGOH is seriously about as fair a game as there is between paying and non-paying players.

I don't contribute at all to the cost of running the game. The people with Revan and Traya pay the costs so that my guild can compete in TW and raids.

Does it really matter for F2P players that they aren't in the top 100 on arena rankings?

Edited to remove guild advertisement, we have an area for that. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • I also disagree. I'm FTP 3.2M been playing for 3 years. I'm only missing Traya and Jawa Engineer from my collection. (I dont care about fleet so I'm missing HanM .F and the 2 chase ships)
    The trade off for FTP is we have to invest time while PTP invests money. I could jump to a big guild to farm HSTR but I survive without G12+ and Traya. I haven't left top 200 and Im fine with that, I can push to 100 if I try hard.
  • I also disagree but this time with the above comments.
    Anyone starting out now will always be behind as a ftp player. I am a ftp from the begining currently 3..9m GP. I am in this position because every single day I have completed all the quests apart from 1 day in nearly 2 and a half years of playing the game. You cannot substitute this time without paying and that is a decision the individuals will have to make for themselves.
    However all new players will be in that position so will always have similar opponents to battle and that is part of the beauty of this game. As the OP said it is a good game and that's proven by the length of time people have been playing it for.
    As a side note no one has paid for traya the only way to get her is via heroic sith raid and there is no short cut to grinding the raid.
    All new players enjoy, it can be addictive and will bring out your competitiveness.
  • The thread is F2P BEGINNERS. And the OP is right. You F2P players that have been playing for 3 years and have 3m+ GP, that’s awesome, but starting at zero today freaking blows. I recently started an alt to see, and it’s a BEATING
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • At the current state of this game, and particularly at its crazy speed of progression (we had Revan and soon Darth Revan in less than 6 months!!!????), I would never start to play it.
  • The thread is F2P BEGINNERS. And the OP is right. You F2P players that have been playing for 3 years and have 3m+ GP, that’s awesome, but starting at zero today freaking blows. I recently started an alt to see, and it’s a BEATING

I also started an alt a few months back. It's tough not having sim tickets. It is demoralizing but I remember back when I started I had no tickets either. The only advantage now is phoenix squad is quite accessible to help get through GW and arena to help move into better teams. Back when I started my arena team was a mismash of random dark side toons. There is farming guides, quests and starter guilds to help put you on a good path.
  • I disagree with the OP. All paying does is speed things up. That's it. FTP accounts still gets access to the same things as paid accounts. It simply takes more patience and careful planning.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    I disagree with the OP. All paying does is speed things up. That's it. FTP accounts still gets access to the same things as paid accounts. It simply takes more patience and careful planning.

This.

To the OP, there is no "beating the game" the game is a never ending marathon. You keep chugging along at whatever pace you want or with whatever goals you have. Some will get there faster ($$), but you will get there with patience and focus.

Yes the game is a slow pace and nothing helps that in the long term. You can sprint ahead at times but in the end you can just keep a steady pace and be perfectly fine.

Also, you dont compete with current players, so no need to feel the " I must catch up". You only play with people starting around the same time as you, unless you join a higher end guild and compete in guild events, but that is a choice.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    You can compete it’s just more time consuming and u have to be good.

U have to be way better than other players as they will make easy teams u press auto with.

That being said like 2 eps in revan arena that can reach top in my shard. In ships less than 4 players.

Whales will push to make it difficult ur job as F2P is to show them it doesn’t have to be easy.
  • I'm going to come right out and disagree with you. I'm a F2P player. 3,000,000 GP. I can complete nearly all events and my guild wins the vast majority of our TW.

It doesn't matter at all if I don't have Revan or Traya. Honestly, I couldn't care less about not having them.

Finishing in the top 100 for arenas is perfectly fine for me and 95% of other players in the game. SWGOH is seriously about as fair a game as there is between paying and non-paying players.

I don't contribute at all to the cost of running the game. The people with Revan and Traya pay the costs so that my guild can compete in TW and raids.

Does it really matter for F2P players that they aren't in the top 100 on arena rankings?

SWGOH's best caual guild is recruiting!

Contact me: Clubber Lang
    Ally Code: 174-914-139
    Current stats: 42 members / 90,000,000 GP
    Or just join our guild: We might be giants

Guild plugging? Lol.
    Im f2p too.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Which means darth revan is going to be another painful grind.
    Sometimes i cant stop feeling like I need to catch up withsome people, like for example, aurra sing and traya. Ive been playing for over a year and shes only about g6. Darth revan as well. I made a prediction of this months and months ago, granted it wasnt very correct, but i knew that badstilla, canderous, and hk47 were the guys required for this event. But, i couldnt farm them because of light side revan gearing as well as his crew.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Darthsm
    56 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I was told when I started playing in July of '18 not to bother, I'm too far behind. Behind what though? The players with accts that are years old and/or have pumped hundreds/thousands $$? Duh! Who cares...

Enjoy the gameplay for what is. My main acct is 1.4million gp in 8mths. I have another acct at a million. Not a dime spent. It's a tedious grind, but works well with my ocd haha

Edit, link to my profile if you ftp players are interested on where you can be in 8mths if you participate 100% and collect all of your refreshes
    https://swgoh.gg/p/671987929/
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    I'm going to come right out and disagree with you. I'm a F2P player. 3,000,000 GP. I can complete nearly all events and my guild wins the vast majority of our TW.

SWGOH's best caual guild is recruiting!

Contact me: Clubber Lang
    Ally Code: 174-914-139
    Current stats: 42 members / 90,000,000 GP
    Or just join our guild: We might be giants

Guild plugging? Lol.
    Im f2p too.

Lol. Yeah. I got warned for it too. So I can't go around promoting SWGOH'S best casual guild like I used to. Now, I have to be discreet and follow the rules when promoting my guild.
  • Free players and low spenders can enjoy the game, and can do well in different areas. They just can’t do well in every area always and all at once. Free players can and indeed do catch and pass paying players with less patience in arena. But there are also well-informed competitive pay to play folks who free players will never catch because they spend both money and time on the game. I’d encourage free players to find the areas of the game you like the most and focus on them while building a collection of legendary characters. In my case, I focus on fleet arena, grand arena, and territory wars. But find what you like best and put your biggest efforts into those areas of the game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The thread is F2P BEGINNERS. And the OP is right. You F2P players that have been playing for 3 years and have 3m+ GP, that’s awesome, but starting at zero today freaking blows. I recently started an alt to see, and it’s a BEATING

Beginners build up their roster much faster than veteran players did back when the began playing. Many new quests, events and game modes have been added since then. Yes, new players will still have to have patience. It's still a grind. New players can't farm Traya from day one. But still: They can build their roster much faster than we could 2-3 years ago.
  • F2P, 3.6m because I was away for 4 months, couple of other f2p members in the guild 4m. Top 5 in my arena shard, will probably drop to top 20 as I missed out on the latest meta, at least until I work out a counter to it.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The thread is F2P BEGINNERS. And the OP is right. You F2P players that have been playing for 3 years and have 3m+ GP, that’s awesome, but starting at zero today freaking blows. I recently started an alt to see, and it’s a BEATING

Beginners build up their roster much faster than veteran players did back when the began playing. Many new quests, events and game modes have been added since then. Yes, new players will still have to have patience. It's still a grind. New players can't farm Traya from day one. But still: They can build their roster much faster than we could 2-3 years ago.

Totally agree with this. The newer players in our guild are progressing waaaay faster than I ever did when the game came out. They have so many more tools available to them to help them out, and frankly the things that were hard for us (like Palps and GMY when they first came out) are cake for new players now.

I think people should be aware that it is very easy to spend money on the game and that will help you, but you don’t have to in order to have fun. Like has already been said, being in the top 200 in arena is just fine with most of the player base.