Anyone else sick of luck based events!

I don’t post often and I hate ranting but I have to say I’m really hoping that the difficulty levels on the Chewbacca and C3PO events are just flukes cause this is loosing all semblance of fun and starting to feel an awful lot like work.... I’m fine with hard events against hard teams but with all this preloaded turn meter it comes 100% down to luck and playing the event 200+ times to get the exact right set up. Any strategy or skill has been removed from the event to be solely replaced by luck. If this is going to be the new normal I honestly don’t know how much longer I’m gonna stick with this game cause I come here for fun and to de-stress but this direction the game is taking is the exact opposite.

Replies

• This you?

https://swgoh.gg/p/362738677/characters/?f=Ewok

If so, you're missing a huge portion of the strategy but running the event with Ewok Scout and Teebo.

And your squad, around 150 speed average, is way too slow for this event.
  • I’m working on logray right now for the event but I’m seeing people with G12 characters failing on this event. I don’t mind loosing for being slow but having to restart the events constantly because the preloaded turn meter allowed for their entire team to go sometimes multiple times is ridiculous. I guess this is really just frustration against the preloaded turn meter I’m fine loosing and training up when it is a fair fight but they have removed that aspect.
  • pretty sure it's just Han with preloaded TM, like his kit has as a usable character. Like the guy above said, if your speed is only 150 or so then the enemies are going to be way faster than you.

I got 3p0 to 7* with g9 ewoks. It was a massive headache to accomplish it, but if I had geared then up more then it would have been pretty easy. The key is to make sure you rework all your mods on the team, and have the right team composition.

I actually had more trouble getting chewy unlocked than 3p0, my team was all g12/g11 and struggled just as badly as my g9 ewok team
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    Three of my Ewoks are G12 and the others are G11 and 10. Speed is all above 200 and I am lucky to get two turns before being wiped out.
  • I’m at 150 speed right now cause I stripped my arena mods back off cause I finally gave up. I had them set for speed so they were much higher before but I was loosing ranks in the arena without my better mods so I put them back. Chewbacca was annoying as well I managed it but not without the desire to throw my phone against the wall.
  • I did it first try with zchirpa, logray, paploo, wicket, and elder. All g11.
  • I’m working on logray right now for the event but I’m seeing people with G12 characters failing on this event. I don’t mind loosing for being slow but having to restart the events constantly because the preloaded turn meter allowed for their entire team to go sometimes multiple times is ridiculous. I guess this is really just frustration against the preloaded turn meter I’m fine loosing and training up when it is a fair fight but they have removed that aspect.

There is no preloaded TM in this event:

h0j7hsihaohv.png
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    I did it first try with zchirpa, logray, paploo, wicket, and elder. All g11.

That's the thing, Wicket is pretty much a requirement.
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    This is interesting. I had one final crack at this, 1 hour from event end and walked through it with no losses. This is after at least fifty tries over the past week.

The only difference on this occasion is that I changed to a lower level guild. Was in an 85GP one and now in a 45GP guIld.

Shouldn't make a difference, I know. But I walk through it on one try in the new guild.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It's funny how luck works in these luck based events. I seem to have better luck, when I:

... use a stronger team composition (f.ex. by including Wicket and Logray).

... gear my team better (but yes, g10 suffices for 3P0's event).

... use a better strategy (f.ex. by using Logray's TM removal on the 'right' target).

... mod my team better (f.ex. by having my Paploo move first to initiate the TM train, mod him for tenacity/defense to decrease the chance of getting him stunned, having high crit chance on Wicket etc.).

Luck is a funny thing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    gear, mods, right toons and strategy > luck/RNG

Save water, drink champagne!
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    In my case, I changed nothing. Funny how luck works (and I don't even have Wicket) ;)