No Malak ????

Replies

  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    Please enough with Kotor.

    Time to move on to the real Star Wars

    Please, enlighten us, which portions of Star Wars are "real?"

    Let me enlighten you. Out of all star wars fans, what would you say, how many of them would say that any of kotor toons are significant?

    I guess way more than those who would advocate for sequel toons, yet we have Rose Tico. Even a random merchant NPC droid from KotOR seems more signigicant than her for instance.
  • Nihion
    1616 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

    Just because the movies came first, it doesn’t make them better or more “real” than TOR. TOR is much more than just KOTOR, and it has for the most part, a rich storyline with exciting characters.

    And about George Lucas: Yeah, the beginning of Star Wars was Lucas. But the more people you add to a project, the more diverse and interesting it becomes. And Lucas had some odd ideas too. I’m just saying that you should keep an open mind.
  • Dk_rek
    2778 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

    Yeah he made the movie but thank god he did not do the editing from what i hear.....

    Star wars started with movies yeah but over 40 years i have found more enjoyment from books, audiobooks, games, comics, and definitely the animated (all of them.). Movies really are actually a very small part of the total enjoyment i have gotten over the last 40 odd years

    That said i never played kotor..... i might now..... either way im over it NEW stuff plz lol no more revanueeee ban dart revan.

    MOAR ROSE imo another zeta for her
  • Corrog
    301 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

    I know a lot of people that are Star Wars fans, and almost none of them have the movies as their favorite part of the franchise. Myself, I prefer KotOR and the old Thrawn trilogy. That's my absolute favorite parts of Star Wars. Several others prefer the Force Unleashed games, and others still prefer the Yuuzhan Vong conflict. Still others prefer the Dark Empire comic storyline, and others yet prefer the Darth Bane novels. And others prefer the action figures and toys, or the virtual reality devices.

    I only know two people, offhand, who actually like the movies over everything else. My parents, who don't engage in anything but the television every night. And even they agree there's lots of things they'd love to see put to film.

    As for your assertion that George's creation is still his, and should remain true to what he wants, I ask you on what merit? He sold it, so there's no legal merit. He continued to alter his own movies ad nauseam, so artistic integrity is out. There's precedent for things created by people being finished by other folks and largely considered better for it, so you can't say the franchise will suffer from it.

    If George doesn't like KotOR, that's his problem. The very large majority of those who've played it or read about it enjoy it. And it barely effects anything outside its own period of time in the mythology, so it's not necessary that fans who haven't experienced it like it. Besides, if you really want to give George's vision full control, all this sequel content we have in game is ridiculous. George clearly intended Anakin to bring balance to the Force in episode 6, ending the galactic conflict and his own internal conflict. The Empire should've dissolved, and the Republic been reborn.
  • Aydnie
    398 posts Member
    Kotor for life over anothe han chewy leia Luke or any other toon that has several copies that are over used every where i would like bane exar ulic and other sith and jedi from those eras

    You already have cad bane
  • No Darth Malakia
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    Kotor for life over anothe han chewy leia Luke or any other toon that has several copies that are over used every where i would like bane exar ulic and other sith and jedi from those eras

    You already have cad bane

    More like darth bane the sith lord who created the rule of 2
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Corrog wrote: »
    Besides, if you really want to give George's vision full control, all this sequel content we have in game is ridiculous. George clearly intended Anakin to bring balance to the Force in episode 6, ending the galactic conflict and his own internal conflict. The Empire should've dissolved, and the Republic been reborn.

    Just further evidence that Lucas' creative instincts are terrible. There would be no reason for the Empire to immediately disintegrate just because the Emperor died, and just because Anakin brings balance to the Force doesn't mean it's going to stay balanced for all eternity.

    (As a side note, I'm not sure why it would be a good thing for the Empire to revert to being the Republic. Both the old EU and the still canon materials from the Republic era show that the Separatists were completely right about the Republic being completely corrupt.)
  • Aydnie
    398 posts Member
    Corrog wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    George clearly intended Anakin to bring balance to the Force in episode 6, ending the galactic conflict and his own internal conflict. The Empire should've dissolved, and the Republic been reborn.

    Why do people confuse "balance" with "light side" ?

    He restored balance by killing a lot of jedis and becoming a sith
  • Aydnie
    398 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Kotor for life over anothe han chewy leia Luke or any other toon that has several copies that are over used every where i would like bane exar ulic and other sith and jedi from those eras

    You already have cad bane

    More like darth bane the sith lord who created the rule of 2

    I know, this was trolling
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    402 posts Member
    edited March 14
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Please enough with Kotor.

    Time to move on to the real Star Wars

    Kotor IS the real star wars

    there's no "false" or "real" star wars

    Pretty sure the Ewok christmas special should count as fake.

    How dare you. I want Bea Arthur in this game so much.

    Ooooh! You just got Bea Arhur’ed, son!

    HUTT TANK: YOU HAVE TO BRIBE WITH CRYSTALS TO PASS MY TAUNT!!!
  • xxragnarjsxx
    236 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Kotor is a huge part of the lore. And it was the perfect window for them.
    Glad they are going out with a bang, and expect it to be mostly the last of it.
    Malak wasn’t deserving of a 7⭐️ Unlock. But I’m sure he will be a Marquee at some point or raid reward
  • Aydnie
    398 posts Member
    Kotor is a huge part of the lore. And it was the perfect window for them.
    Glad they are going out with a bang, and expect it to be mostly the last of it.
    Malak wasn’t deserving of a 7⭐️ Unlock. But I’m sure he will be a Marquee at some point or raid reward

    Just make him a regular character with 50 shard unlock or 80 shard unlock please.
  • Aydnie
    398 posts Member
    No marquee event
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    No marquee event

    The only character released are marquee raid rewards 145 hermit yoda, wampa and legendary/heros journey toons for a while other then the ship chases
  • Nauros
    2532 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    No marquee event

    The only character released are marquee raid rewards 145 hermit yoda, wampa and legendary/heros journey toons for a while other then the ship chases

    That doesn't mean that there can't be any "experimental" releases that are different from what we have seen so far. I think they did say something about more "achievement" releases (though probably not strictly tied to in-game achievements) a while ago.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Maybe but atm only see malak as a marquee and a raid reward maybe a legendary event and i love kotor hes just not a great character hes a b grade at best but in the right team could be an a grade
  • They started the KOTOR train. Not having Malak would be a sin, given his place in the KOTOR mythos.

    And lol at everyone crying about KOTOR. Even if you hate Revan, all of the toons are great in other areas, with the exception of maybe Juhani.
  • Stick
    249 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

    Read up on the history of Star Wars. Most of what people actually like about the OT was contributed by people other than Lucas. He was convinced by others that his first cut of the first movie wasn't very good, and changed it based on their input, and he had almost nothing to do with Empire Strikes Back. The one where he let his personal vision dominate the most in the OT was RotJ, which basically everyone considers the worst of the first three, by a wide margin. And the prequels showed us what happens when he ignores input from others over the course of an entire trilogy.

    He can hate KOTOR all he wants, but it has better writing than anything he ever personally wrote, better direction than anything he personally directed, and most of the voice acting is better than almost all of the actual acting from movies where he was the director.
    I played kotor. It’s all derivative. It’s nothing without the movies. Its ideas are already fleshed out in the movie. The stupid ship is even named after a bird for god sake like the original movies. He’s in boba fetts helmet. He has mace windus lightsaber. He dual weilds breifly... it’s a game that just was made to make nerd fans get a hard on. The games story had to be submitted to the skywalker ranch to be approved. Wonder why ? Perhaps because it’s just the same stuff rehashed. Don’t bring your toxic fan- hate the real content and support Luuuke **** here.
  • Nope luke can burn and vanish all movie toons are overrated and hyped cause of the movieswhich is about 10% of all star wars content if not less then that i would even say 3% is still to much
  • Stick
    249 posts Member
    Jolee: "Look, everybody always figures the time they live in is the most epic, most important age to end all ages. But tyrants and heroes rise and fall, and historians sort out the pieces."

    Revan: "Are you saying what we're doing isn't important?"

    Jolee: "Malak is a tyrant who should be stopped. If he conquers the galaxy we're in for a couple of rough centuries. Eventually it'll come around again, but I'd rather not wait that long. So we do what we have to do, and we try to stop the Sith. But don't start thinking this war—your war—is more important than any other war just because you're in it."

    Direct quote. Wonder where they got the idea for that.
  • Nope luke can burn and vanish all movie toons are overrated and hyped cause of the movieswhich is about 10% of all star wars content if not less then that i would even say 3% is still to much

    False. The movies are, always have been and always will be the basis for all things star was
  • Monel
    1216 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

    I am not a huge KOTOR fan. That being said Lucas approved all books, comics and games that came out. Therefore, he was also more than willing to sanction and make tons of money off of KOTOR stories. So while not creating it was something he wanted.
  • Nihion
    1616 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

    Read up on the history of Star Wars. Most of what people actually like about the OT was contributed by people other than Lucas. He was convinced by others that his first cut of the first movie wasn't very good, and changed it based on their input, and he had almost nothing to do with Empire Strikes Back. The one where he let his personal vision dominate the most in the OT was RotJ, which basically everyone considers the worst of the first three, by a wide margin. And the prequels showed us what happens when he ignores input from others over the course of an entire trilogy.

    He can hate KOTOR all he wants, but it has better writing than anything he ever personally wrote, better direction than anything he personally directed, and most of the voice acting is better than almost all of the actual acting from movies where he was the director.
    I played kotor. It’s all derivative. It’s nothing without the movies. Its ideas are already fleshed out in the movie. The stupid ship is even named after a bird for god sake like the original movies. He’s in boba fetts helmet. He has mace windus lightsaber. He dual weilds breifly... it’s a game that just was made to make nerd fans get a hard on. The games story had to be submitted to the skywalker ranch to be approved. Wonder why ? Perhaps because it’s just the same stuff rehashed. Don’t bring your toxic fan- hate the real content and support Luuuke **** here.

    You don’t have the right to hate on KOTOR. You know what the movies couldn’t do? Create a personalized story for each individual person. There is total of about two women in A New Hope. Yet in KOTOR, you can BE a woman. You’re main character can be you. Not everyone relates to Luke. So sure, KOTOR came after the OT, and I’m sure similar ideas and themes were presented, but you can’t tell me that this game, which allows for representation and a fun experience (a part of my childhood) is “toxic fan hate.” The only one being toxic here is you, by being narrow minded and hating on other people’s interests.
  • Nihion
    1616 posts Member
    Nope luke can burn and vanish all movie toons are overrated and hyped cause of the movieswhich is about 10% of all star wars content if not less then that i would even say 3% is still to much

    False. The movies are, always have been and always will be the basis for all things star was

    The movies, although popular, are a slim section of Star Wars. It doesn’t matter that they came first, the new content can always be better than past content.
  • With how the movies are going very doubtful it will get better wish they do but unless Disney changes how it does sw movies it wint get better. For the games Disney needs to get sw away from ea for sure 2 or 3 console games in 5 years sucks and they arnt even that good ill take battlefront on the xbox over the new ones any day
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nope luke can burn and vanish all movie toons are overrated and hyped cause of the movieswhich is about 10% of all star wars content if not less then that i would even say 3% is still to much

    False. The movies are, always have been and always will be the basis for all things star was

    The movies, although popular, are a slim section of Star Wars. It doesn’t matter that they came first, the new content can always be better than past content.

    I understand what you are getting at and i didn't mention the quality of the new stuff. but he was saying its 3% of star wars. seems pretty slim for what is the core; where it all came from
  • Nihion
    1616 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nope luke can burn and vanish all movie toons are overrated and hyped cause of the movieswhich is about 10% of all star wars content if not less then that i would even say 3% is still to much

    False. The movies are, always have been and always will be the basis for all things star was

    The movies, although popular, are a slim section of Star Wars. It doesn’t matter that they came first, the new content can always be better than past content.

    I understand what you are getting at and i didn't mention the quality of the new stuff. but he was saying its 3% of star wars. seems pretty slim for what is the core; where it all came from

    I know. But the universe has been expanded exponentially. I’d give it a 20%
  • Stick
    249 posts Member
    Don’t bring in nonsense about being a woman and there not being enough women in Star Wars. This isn’t the me too movement and it’s not relavent to the argument at hand. Are you a woman nihion ?
    Are you suggesting Star Wars is popular because luke is relatable ? Get lost.

    The stories aren’t personalized because most of the character stories are rooted in movie content. They are personalized to the movie characters. A personal droid a defiant jedi , a wavering belief in the light.

    It does matter what came first because it’s a point of quality , originality , integrity.

    Lucas transformed the industry , Sifi as a genre. Kotor didn’t.

    To that bum yapping about Lucas not being involved in empire ...
    writes the story , picks the director , is the executive producer , funds the entire thing , creates one of the most interesting and mind blowing plot twists of all time , film or otherwise, this is almost no involvement to you ?

  • Nihion
    1616 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Don’t bring in nonsense about being a woman and there not being enough women in Star Wars. This isn’t the me too movement and it’s not relavent to the argument at hand. Are you a woman nihion ?
    Are you suggesting Star Wars is popular because luke is relatable ? Get lost.

    The stories aren’t personalized because most of the character stories are rooted in movie content. They are personalized to the movie characters. A personal droid a defiant jedi , a wavering belief in the light.

    It does matter what came first because it’s a point of quality , originality , integrity.

    Lucas transformed the industry , Sifi as a genre. Kotor didn’t.

    To that bum yapping about Lucas not being involved in empire ...
    writes the story , picks the director , is the executive producer , funds the entire thing , creates one of the most interesting and mind blowing plot twists of all time , film or otherwise, this is almost no involvement to you ?

    This just proves that you’re an ignorant narrow minded person. Point made.

    You should know that people like Star Wars for many different reasons. Don’t tell me to get lost because I don’t fit in your personal view.

    The women in Star Wars argument is justified. Representation in movies is a real thing. So please stop insulting people that never hurt you.

    And finally, nobody said that KOTOR transformed SciFi. But it’s a sure fact that it transformed RPG’s.

    Again, you should realize that you’re being rude and insulting. And what comes first is completely separate from quality.
Sign In or Register to comment.