SWGOH

Prev134
G1975
110 posts Member
I've been playing SWGOH since last May for almost a year now and the game has had it's ups and downs. I'm currently on level 43 but I'm making little progress in Light, Dark side and Cantina battles. I'm also fighting in Fleet Commander training Grand Moff Tarkin to unlock another ship but it's very hard!!! I also made the stupid mistake of buying crystals once thinking it would help me out but it didn't!!! The game has become very frustrating and aggravating especially since I have no one to help me. I have reached out to people on YouTube and Instagram who play the game but they haven't given me much help, unless I get better players or spend money. George

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The community here can be very helpful, you should post questions here to get some guidance.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters-and-strategy
    That is a great area to ask for general guidance.

Also, many guilds have "training guild" to help people build up and get them ready for more active guilds in the alliance.
  • @G1975 there is a ton of help to be had! As Kyno says you can ask on the forums or if you are on Discord there are plenty of servers setup to help out newer, and older, players.

Do you have a SWGOH.GG account yet? If not, you should set one up as it will help you a lot.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    You've been playing for almost a year and you're only level 43?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Try watching AhnaldT101 on youtube. This video should help start you off. Also here is my ally code: 272-691-191. I'll make sure to have good leaders that you can borrow :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRxShw0wKk&t=0s&index=9&list=PLnFOIbV9VsMrndsV1VO-EC8-SnKee6HOx
  • leef wrote: »

"A life..." Some people have one lol

But it takes less than a week iirc to get to level 40 and unlock GW.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

i do not know of what you speak, haha.
    joking aside, lvl 43 after almost a year is some very, and i mean very, casual play. Any advice given should take that into consideration.

i do not know of what you speak, haha.
    joking aside, lvl 43 after almost a year is some very, and i mean very, casual play. Any advice given should take that into consideration.

True, the game also is VERY pay to win. And many just won't give in.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    43 levels in 10 months is so casual you could reclassify it as "really don't care".

SWGoH is pay to progress faster, as most free to play games are, but it is not pay to win.

If the OP actually wants to get somewhere, he should re-start and put some effort into it.

Welcome to life. If you don't put much effort in to it, you wont get much out of it.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • G1975
    110 posts Member

Yes because the game has really become hard!!! To advance I've also gone back to the easy levels of the game to get the points I need. George
  • G1975
    110 posts Member

Yes because the game has become really hard for me, when I first started out it was easy but as you progress it gets harder. I've tried my best but I just not going very far. George
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    exile038 wrote: »
    Try watching AhnaldT101 on youtube. This video should help start you off. Also here is my ally code: 272-691-191. I'll make sure to have good leaders that you can borrow :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRxShw0wKk&t=0s&index=9&list=PLnFOIbV9VsMrndsV1VO-EC8-SnKee6HOx

I know who he is and I've reached out to him but he never replied to me. The only person on YouTube who's responded to me is Warrior Presents and he hasn't given me much help. George
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Folks let's stop with the "not enough effort " or "you can get there easily" the OP has stated they've ran into difficulty and came looking for help not snarky remarks. Less of those please.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    G1975 wrote: »

Yes because the game has really become hard!!! To advance I've also gone back to the easy levels of the game to get the points I need. George

You have to play those easier levels over and over again to acquire resources which you can invest into your characters in order to be able to get to those higher levels. Don't try levels you can't beat, that's just a waste of energy you could use to "farm" more gear.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    I'm still on level 43 and it's still aggravating!!! In Light side battles I made some progress because they let me borrow Bastila Shan to win but after going to the next tournament round she's not available. I have to contend with whatever character is available and I'm losing especially since I'm facing Super battle droids and newer battle droids that have a lot of strength and stamina!!! Still not making much headway in Dark side and Cantina battles and Fleet Commander training Grand Moff Tarkin is a lost cause because it's to hard for me. Taking challenges or going back to the easy levels of the game seem to be my only way to get points and credits to advance. George
  • Sounds like you could use some stronger allies. Post your ally code here so people can help you get through the tougher battles.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    What I really want is Jyn Erso on my squad!!! Because I'm such a huge fan of Rogue One
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Jyn Erso probably wont help you much but you can farm her through the Guild store. (Fair warning, it will be a slow process)

If you really want to progress in SWGoH you are likely going to need to farm some characters you are not so enamoured of.

If you create a profile on the swgoh.gg and post a link here folks can give you more specific advice.
  • G1975 wrote: »
    What I really want is Jyn Erso on my squad!!! Because I'm such a huge fan of Rogue One

To me, the Rogue One squad is pretty fun to run. They are not the upper echelon squad they once were, but they still have interesting dynamics that are fun to explore.

The "best" R1 squad is debatable, which is what makes it an interesting group, but my favorite R1 crew is Jyn (best with zeta on lead), Chirrut, Baze, Cassian and Pao (yeah Pao, fight me!). Chirrut and Baze are rather hard to get, so my second favorite is zJyn, Cassian, K2, Bistan, and Pao (yeah Pao, fight me!).

It takes a long time to collect Jyn shards, so get yourself in a guild that runs regular raids so you can earn the Guild Currency you will need if you want to speed up the process.

As you can see, there are no shortage of opinions about how you personally should play this game. Don't let them dissuade you, it's a game, play how you want.

Cheers
  • CaroCanon
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    One important thing if you want to level up is to make sure you complete your daily activities (quest button in lower right). They give a lot of xp which will increase your player level more quickly.

Also, in terms of character strength, gear level is extremely important in this game. For example, a level 40 character with gear four is probably a lot more powerful than a level 45 character with gear level one.

Sorry if you know all this already, I’m just thinking back to what helped me when I was starting out.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    OP, I might be wrong but are you used to playing mmorpg's? It sounds like how I approach them and keep trying harder content to grab more xp, instead of grinding your player level on trash mobs?
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Not to pile on, but level 43...you can get there in 2-3 weeks of regular play I believe.

2-3 weeks? It's a few hours of game play.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    I was just fighting in Light side battles on level 43 but again the only reason I won is because I had Bastila Shan, by the time I got to the 3rd tournament round she was my last one because all my other players were blown away by battle droids!!! I just finished all my normal battles and now I'm on the hard ones but Bastila isn't available anymore and I had to get somebody else but it didn't do me any good because all my players were blown away without finishing the first tournament round!!!! I need a KOTOR character powerful enough to win, it's soo aggravating!!!!! George
    I was just fighting in Light side battles on level 43 but again the only reason I won is because I had Bastila Shan, by the time I got to the 3rd tournament round she was my last one because all my other players were blown away by battle droids!!! I just finished all my normal battles and now I'm on the hard ones but Bastila isn't available anymore and I had to get somebody else but it didn't do me any good because all my players were blown away without finishing the first tournament round!!!! I need a KOTOR character powerful enough to win, it's soo aggravating!!!!! George

Put me as an ally, see if it helps. 716-522-998
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    I just fought a Rancor!!!!! I tried my best but I lost, some of my players got eaten by the creature!!!! It's not like Return of the Jedi when Luke fought it!!!! George
    I just fought a Rancor!!!!! I tried my best but I lost, some of my players got eaten by the creature!!!! It's not like Return of the Jedi when Luke fought it!!!! George

Grats, win or lose, it's an iconic fight :)
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    How do you fight and defeat a Rancor?!!! I can't do the same thing Luke did ROJ!!! George
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    G1975 wrote: »
    How do you fight and defeat a Rancor?!!! I can't do the same thing Luke did ROJ!!! George

The rancor is designed to be beaten by an entire guild of lower-level players, not just you on your own. For now, get your battles in and don't worry too much about the damage you do, you can always go again tomorrow. Between you and your guild you'll get it down.

Success in the early game requires focusing on a good team. You're probably using the same characters you get at the start - Luke, cheque, Talia, jedi consular, clone sergeant? They're quite weak and their kits don't mesh well together. You'll be much better off trying to get the Phoenix characters. They're all readily accessible - Hera and Ezra are on early cantina nodes, chopper is in the cantina store, Zeb is in the galactic war store and kanan is in the arena store. That team has good synergy and together are greater than the sum of their parts.

Another thing to note is that you want your main team to be as high gear and as high level as you can manage. There's no point levelling all of your characters to 35 and gear 4 if it means you run out of supplies. Better to have 5 at level 43 and gear 5.

You might have to replay some earlier nodes to get enough credits and gear to make it through.

Make sure you do all of your daily activities - the rewards will boost your resources significantly.

Also my ally code is 533-138-384 - add me as an ally and you can occasionally use my characters like you used bastila. If you message me, I'll put enfys nest in that slot - I reckon she can probably single-handed lyrics clear every node even if your other characters die.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Believe it our not, CLS (Commander Luke Skywalker) can take on the Rancor by himself in the hardest tier (Heroic) But he is something to work towards. As suggested by others you need to build squads. Focus on one team at a time, gear them, increase their star level (1 to 7) as you can. You'll see an inprovement as you do. The trap we all fell into at one time or anothers is the "oooooooh shiny" syndrome. We see new heroes and want them. Stick to one squad at a time. Looking at your roster you need more teams.
This discussion has been closed.