Some subtle clues on Darth Revans kit

zdud3ufi59n1.jpeg

Image says it all, will it hold on defence?

Replies

• Options
    That's interesting. The Triumvirate have always been a souped-up 'hide the DN' team relying more on defence and survivabilit than offence, so maybe CG are planning on Revan being used separately from them after all - not the Revan, Triumvirate+HK-47 squad I was expecting to be running!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Where is this posted?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Ah. Now that is interesting and lore friendly. Darth Revan was known to sacrifice short term gains for long term rewards including ships, personnel and even planets.

Lose a world but win a war. Ferocity seems to fit.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    That's interesting. The Triumvirate have always been a souped-up 'hide the DN' team relying more on defence and survivabilit than offence, so maybe CG are planning on Revan being used separately from them after all - not the Revan, Triumvirate+HK-47 squad I was expecting to be running!

Could make it quite a high functioning raid team as well.

• Options

In fact sith used to have low dmg output. Nihilus became commonly the only way to defeat an enemy team.
    Perhaps the new team will be more dynamic,
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hope we can get a kit reveal a few days ahead of time. Seems like his kit is ready and set.
  • Options
    Interesting that it says Darth Revan sacrifices defense in favor of offense but Fallen Bastila gives the leader plus 50% defense and tenacity. I gues you will have to run them together. It will be interesting to see if HK brings any synergy.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know how "subtle" the hints are...comes right out and says sacrifices Defense for Offense.
    Interesting that it says Darth Revan sacrifices defense in favor of offense but Fallen Bastila gives the leader plus 50% defense and tenacity. I gues you will have to run them together. It will be interesting to see if HK brings any synergy.

Yep, and Sith Trooper has +100% Defense from his unique. One of the test teams from the test server leaked image was Darth Revan, Fallen Bastila, Sith Trooper, HK-47 and EP.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Donrob wrote: »
    zdud3ufi59n1.jpeg

Image says it all, will it hold on defence?

Nothing holds on defence man. Stop chasing a dream.
  • Options
    They also said dark Bastila is getting a rework, so that defense bonus might change
  • Options
    Might need triangle, and cross to have a defense primary? Whatever set it might be maybe?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe Maurader will find a place?
  • Options
    It may very well be similar to embo's special that uses up his protection for a big hit. So you would want high defensive stats to feed offensive performance. Which is to say, don't assume or do anything until the kit reveal. Haha
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So, my first thought was that Dark Bastila's "Fear" ability will actually inflict Fear now.
    Relying on debuffs got me a bit worried, the Jedi teams are very good at dealing with that...
  • Options
    Requiring defense primaries would be the ultimate troll
    Hodor
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is good in phase 3-4. massive 20 mil damage like the Nightsisters!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is good in phase 3-4. massive 20 mil damage like the Nightsisters!

That would be sweet, getting the NS running in p3 is hell...
  • Options

That’s mainly due to the Traya lead though. They can be quite capable of packing a punch. Sion has the 7th highest base damage on his basic, Traya 12th, and Nihilus 14th. Both Sion and Traya have hard hitting specials that can do huge damage under common circumstances. Mod these toons for damage and give them a new Damage boosting lead and you are going to see them hit HARD.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    So, my first thought was that Dark Bastila's "Fear" ability will actually inflict Fear now.
    Relying on debuffs got me a bit worried, the Jedi teams are very good at dealing with that...

I think it’s a very safe assumption that Darth Revan is going to destroy the Revan meta. The big question is how will it do against everyone else and how far behind will you be if you don’t have her.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I think it’s a very safe assumption that Darth Revan is going to destroy the Revan meta. The big question is how will it do against everyone else and how far behind will you be if you don’t have her.

Yeah, they probably won't fail in introducing a Revan killer again. I am just curious how they pull it off, debuffs certainly weren't a thing I would expect. Darth Revan must have some way to overcome high tenacity and dispels if the Fear is supposed to make some impact, maybe some weird cleanse mechanic like the Plague...
  • Options

Yeah, they probably won't fail in introducing a Revan killer again. I am just curious how they pull it off, debuffs certainly weren't a thing I would expect. Darth Revan must have some way to overcome high tenacity and dispels if the Fear is supposed to make some impact, maybe some weird cleanse mechanic like the Plague...

I just depends on how they go about it. The most obvious way to destroy Revan teams without being OP is to punish buffs. There are dozens of way to do this, so I won’t speculate too much. I just hope they don’t take the easy road out and have a bunch of cannot be evaded/resisted crap in there. Let’s encourage people to mod for tenacity if they don’t want to be debuffed, or potency if they want to make sure debuffs stick.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    TIL that "hint" means "explicitly telling you things about his kit"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png