Are we going to get patch notes early again?

Prev13
Wildcats1203
781 posts Member
edited March 2016
@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera Last time we got a major update, you released the patch notes a few days early. Are there plans to do this with the March update? I know a lot of people got mad because the patch notes didn't detail the Poe nerf, but I'd love to get them early again!

Replies

• Doubt it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Doubt it.

Me too, but it's worth a shot.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    My guess is we get patch notes this Tuesday and the update goes live 3/17 after the Yoda event ends.
    Especially if there's a new event that requires particular characters, they need to give us at least a week's notice.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    My guess is we get patch notes this Tuesday and the update goes live 3/17 after the Yoda event ends.
    Especially if there's a new event that requires particular characters, they need to give us at least a week's notice.

I wonder how many players can handle another such demanding team for the new event. I mean if it weren't for the iconic Yoda, how many would deviate from their main squads to build an all jedi 7* b team?

• Wildcats1203
    781 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Deimos wrote: »

I wonder how many players can handle another such demanding team for the new event. I mean if it weren't for the iconic Yoda, how many would deviate from their main squads to build an all jedi 7* b team?

I'd like the new scoundrel event to be like the Challenges. There should be no star requirement, but players should know that going into the highest difficulty with a team of 3*s won't end well. If players only get one attempt per day, they'd pick a difficulty they know they can beat.
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Deimos wrote: »

I'd like the new scoundrel event to be like the Challenges. There should be no star requirement, but players should know that going into the highest difficulty with a team of 3*s won't end well.

Absolutely, star requirements are reasonable. But say an all scoundrel team? I cannot handle another immense investment.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    My guess is the following with respect to the next update:
    1. It will contain a new scoundrels event that rewards credits but requires far more credits to level up specific characters to play it, and those will be scoundrel characters which people have few of and mostly aren't very good. People will not like it.
    2. It will contain a level cap increase, which will cost 10s of millions of credits people will have to waste just on leveling up their current 70s and will not be able to level new characters for weeks, and it will be even worse for those below 70. People will not like it.
    3. There will be no improvement to the deliberately-horrible credit event. People will not like it.
    4. They will post the patch notes and say "hope you like it!"
    5. They will say they are "listening carefully" to all the feedback on items 1 to 3 -- but change nothing.
    Hope I'm wrong, but this is typical of the pattern lately.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    1. It will contain a new scoundrels event that rewards credits but requires far more credits to level up specific characters to play it, and those will be scoundrel characters which people have few of and mostly aren't very good. People will not like it.
    2. It will contain a level cap increase, which will cost 10s of millions of credits people will have to waste just on leveling up their current 70s and will not be able to level new characters for weeks, and it will be even worse for those below 70. People will not like it.
    3. There will be no improvement to the deliberately-horrible credit event. People will not like it.
    5. They will say they are "listening carefully" to all the feedback on items 1 to 3 -- but change nothing.

Unfortunately, that's probably true. They'll claim that the scoundrels event will fix the credit problem, but there's no way I'm farming Mob Enforcer. Ever. But I'd still like to see the notes, because it'll help me to prepare.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016

You forgot points 6 7 8 9 and 10. They're all stealth changes that neither we nor the devs actually even know exist yet.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • There's a lot of dev hate going on here. If you guys released the notes I think it would help a lot with perception and trust.
  • Just shower the public with rewards. You'll see repeat customers. I have been playing since release and my drive to play has been diminishing rapidly.
  • TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Something has to give as far as credits are concerned. The amount that it takes to level to 70 and upgrade is just stu_pid compared to the output given by battles and rewards.
  • Same old thing again I guess. Nerf, buff. Nerf, buff. Nerf, buff. Nerf, buff. Oh and let's increase credits needed to level up toons. The usual stuff.....

Not directed at the quote above, but as long they don't break the game I'm fine with any changes that might give a new direction. Nerfs and buffs has to be a part of the game if it is to evolve. Otherwise what's the point, max your same toons and play the game on almost auto? Balancing new meta, toons are anyway not so cut and dried. As long as they don't turn the game on its head...
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    If I was the dev's I wouldn't release them. If something is forgot in the notes the forums light up with hate.
  • Surferboy567
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    My theory is that we are gonna see guilds and a lvl cap increase because the guild thing was data mined awhile ago.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll give us something new for gameplay, i.e. a new table. And that they've improved their internal communications well enough that there won't be further stealth changes.
    But then my wife also had me convinced once that "gullible" wasn't in the dictionary...
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Rolf wrote: »
    But then my wife also had me convinced once that "gullible" wasn't in the dictionary...
    LMAO :D Darn Wives!
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member

For as many people that dislike your views they're usually always on point... Lol.

Let's all not get hopes up about anything. They'll probably release patch notes early, but not as detailed as last. Once they update then they'll include 95% of what's done and as always the players will discover what they "forgot" to add in.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I rewlly hope they do. It makes patch day so much less stressful and can lead to some fun meta talk beforehand.
    But Qeltar is probably a lot closer than we'd all like. The problem is, I do not see a way around the credit problem they have started to create. Soon the difference between a whale and a f2p will be the ability to level a single character from 70 to 80 in less than two weeks.

This guy is the only person in the forums that share my feelings with the credit event. Especially with the fact that they said they were going to improve it and then made it a joke.

This guy is the only person in the forums that share my feelings with the credit event. Especially with the fact that they said they were going to improve it and then made it a joke.

Pretty sure everyone on the forum shares those feelings whether they used the event or not.
  • Same old thing again I guess. Nerf, buff. Nerf, buff. Nerf, buff. Nerf, buff. Oh and let's increase credits needed to level up toons. The usual stuff.....

Not directed at the quote above, but as long they don't break the game I'm fine with any changes that might give a new direction. Nerfs and buffs has to be a part of the game if it is to evolve. Otherwise what's the point, max your same toons and play the game on almost auto? Balancing new meta, toons are anyway not so cut and dried. As long as they don't turn the game on its head...

Oh so by nerfing poggle's health will balance the game?

Hahaha, what? Where did Poggle jump in?
  • Wildcats1203
    781 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Edit: It's Sunday, never mind.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    I hope they don't release patch notes until the content of the patch is finalized. If that won't happen until day before, so be it.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    it's sunday. would you like to wake up to this on your sunday morning and be obligated to reply? i sure wouldn't. it's called the weekend for a reason.
    mighty chlorians
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member

I laughed, because this was downright funny, while having over 90% proc rate chance... but also filled me with an eerie feeling of expected disappointment, an urge to facepalm, and "I've got a bad feeling about this" mindset. Strangest feeling ever.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/I_have_a_bad_feeling_about_this
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • reizse wrote: »
    it's sunday. would you like to wake up to this on your sunday morning and be obligated to reply? i sure wouldn't. it's called the weekend for a reason.

That's exactly why I deleted my earlier post and just wrote " Edit: It's Sunday, never mind"
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    A scoundrel event that takes 30 seconds to complete, an unnecessary level cap raise as "new content", possibly a useful bug fix or two, and that will be the big patch that has been in the works for a month.

I hope it isn't the case, but I have a bad feeling about this™