Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

15678911Next

Replies

• i never bought a single marquee and this only makes me not wanting to spend money on the game, im tired of every character released its a hardnode and marquee, as a f2p i say, i truly hate it, its the thing that makes me want to quit the game, plus the ships seems like a p2p only mode, the best ships are the ones that feels like a pain to farm and not fun
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • crushnmove wrote: »
    I suppose the good news is I only need half as many players to spend now. ;)

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

I like your positive attitude. :)
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I can’t believe anyone assumed a DS new character was going to be anything but marquee. That’s the only bone DS has been thrown for a long time guys. Tired and old.
  • I'm pretty sure the problem with these price changes will show up pretty quickly and we'll go back to the old prices. I understand that they are trying to maximize revenue, but doubling the price probably isn't the way to get there.

One thing is certain, as the price goes up less people will buy, but will the price change offset that drop. The question is whether total purchases will drop by half (or more) in this case. If less than half of the people make this purchase as compared to normal, this will be a loss of revenue for EA/CG and that's exactly what I'm expecting.

The $9.99 packs were priced well. Reasonably priced for buying 1 star. Bundling in another $10 worth of crystals doesn't make this more viable. Even if it was twice the shards for $20, I think this would lose. If someone is interested in buying crystals, they are most likely to buy a $20 or $100 package... not the $10. This is probably not a good pricing move. One thing that would make this a winner would be to make it 1571 crystals (the same rate as the $100 vault). That way people could justify it more easily.

Personally, I tended to buy the $10 packs. I thought they were cheap enough to justify not having to farm 30 shards. Based on the new pricing, I'm probably not going to buy as many (if at all) now. To me $10 isn't a material expense, but $20 starts to become significant.

They've hinted at changing the drop rates for the "Mega packs", so it's hard to tell if that price change will be good, bad or indifferent.

I just hope that this artificial attempt to raise revenue doesn't hurt the game. People tend to pay more for a higher content release rate, but not pay more for the same content. There are other games.

You can either have wool or lambchops right now, but in the long run, you can't have both.

tldr:
    wl7k39rciod5.jpg
  • I have bought several of the $10 packs in the past. Even with the crystals I don't see myself getting any of them at $20.
  • I can’t believe anyone assumed a DS new character was going to be anything but marquee. That’s the only bone DS has been thrown for a long time guys. Tired and old.

Ah yes I remember Traya's marquee event
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Way to go, limiting the number of players to buy your packs!
  • Anyone buy this even though they said they wouldnt?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Anyone buy this even though they said they wouldnt?
    nope. and really not any pressure to do so, given how the team is under performing compared to what was advertised. seems top revan teams just can't be touched by this, and either can CLS... so... false advertising really. beating up weak geared/modded teams in a showcase video is pretty scummy...
  • Well I guess I will never buy another pack.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Anyone buy this even though they said they wouldnt?
    I was heavily considering it because I love droids, but when the reworks dropped the night before and they **** hard, I decided not to.
  • just going to leave this here:
    4ac3iokcj1ya.jpg

Likely will be rejected, but you never know.

• vilos122 wrote: »
    just going to leave this here:
    4ac3iokcj1ya.jpg

Likely will be rejected, but you never know.

How does one refund something not bought?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

How does one refund something not bought?

you do not, obviously...

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So, any word on if this was a success so most of us here know they will never buy a marque pack again and leave all the marque releases at three star?
  • Gorem wrote: »
    So, any word on if this was a success so most of us here know they will never buy a marque pack again and leave all the marque releases at three star?

We will only know after the next few marquee characters are released, and EA assesses the marquee pack sales and determines if they made more or less money with this change.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    I hope this will lead to more accurate testing of the stuff they want to sell. Nerfing everything people buy because they don't bother testing isn't exactly a good marketing strategy or something that will make spending appealing.
  • Ahhh, it's good to see that since I've been gone EA/CG has reversed their stance on money over their community...

What's that you say? They've gone lower?

Ya don't say...
    Chained since '16
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Yep. I'm back to stictly F2P. I would buy Marquee bundles from time to time due to the lower cost and getting the character an extra star. I don't buy crystals. So adding $10 to the bundle for crystals is a no deal for me.
  • Seems like enough **** bought the Droideeka shard pack, because they also hiked the price for the two double Darth Revan packs and included crystals for it
  • DarkISI wrote: »
    Seems like enough **** bought the Droideeka shard pack, because they also hiked the price for the two double Darth Revan packs and included crystals for it

I’m not so sure about that. If that pack had been a success, they probably would have charged $50 instead of 40 for the new OR packs to account for the extra crystals...

As it is, these new OR packs really are a good deal from a price perspective. They’re done the way packs should be done, combine things and offer them at a slightly lower price than the items would be on their own. Where they “screwed up” this time was combining things where a significant portion of the population already owns half the pack, ending up diluting the value.
  • Also the game is down and unable to play I'm losing cristal s because this is my Arena run time thanks Developers
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Guys, I have a motley crew of rebels & resistance I'm assembling. Anyone know of a Leader suited to both?

Did you look around hard enough in the graveyard?
  • I don't think you said the question at the right place
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Sxydrumr1 wrote: »
    I usually buy the $9.99 packs for characters that will likely be required for a legendary/journey because it was a better value than panic farming them. Now, I'd rather hoard a few extra crystals and buy more refreshes.

Bad move CG...

Hear, hear. Can’t blame players for cussing when the game gets this greedy. Never forget, fellow players, that these games are literally addictive by design. When you add manipulative greed (Grand Arena at the same time as price hikes? Really?) and naked ambition by new whales, fun starts to peel off like the tread on old tires. I am trying to keep my best guildmates in the game. Time for the pendulum to swing back, CG, unless you really just want big spenders in the game.