How do you destroy that which you have created?

Replies

• Jedi/rebel luke will come to play soon and add a third
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Jedi/rebel luke will come to play soon and add a third

But given this development team's tendencies for the past 18+ months, it's not going to be rock/paper/scissors. It's going to be one, then #2, then #3.

And frankly, it's all #2.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    There are multiple ways to make a counter to JKR without crazy power creep - punish healing or buffs, block revives, powerful bonuses against Jedi... If CG takes a more focused approach, there's hope that we get back to rock-paper-scissors.

Sadly, in the last 18 months or so, every time I have hoped CG would do the "right thing" I have been disappointed. So there's that.

dude how do you still have your original forum account? half your numerous posts are bashing cg. when i use to do that back in the day, ol' thumb-in-his-butt bentwookie would show up as if he were stalking me, delete my posts and warn spam me. tos! tos! -.-
  • Glennbob wrote: »
    If you didn’t unlock Revan on the 2nd chance around... you failed yourself... if you don’t unlock Darth Revan on the 2nd chance around... you have failed yourself!
    You have trash priorities. Not CGs fault

As a F2P who gets every single character on the second round I couldn't agree more. If you failed to manage your priorities it's your fault not CG. Everybody knew Darth Revan was coming. lol

This doesn't change the idea that the game would be more entertaining if more toons were relevant. I love the expansive roster of toons to unlock, but hate that most of them are fairly useless outside of a bizarre sense of personal accomplishment.
  • “Revan is required to play SWGOH” so true, he ruined this man. Now we’re getting another bloody revan, ffs....
  • A team with unavoidable dispel and ability block maybe? Idk that could cure the Jedi Revan stuff, but then you would have real problems against that team. Scion kinda does that but not the ability block. Idk it seems we are getting into the end of the game with the way the power creep is going. If they had released the Geonosian droids/GG rework BEFORE Jedi Revan it would have been great. It would have been a viable team...
  • vegainz wrote: »
    Tomtorr, please don’t think I’m being mean, just realistic.
    If you played since 2015 and your GP is under 3mil, and besides Revan, you lack Traya and JTR, you are a very casual player.
    Your guild has only about a third registered on SWGoH.gg and with just 17 teams on defense must have a rather low TW participation.
    You don’t have a single mod with +20 secondary speed and you’re very lucky to be in a half-dead arena shard to take top250 with Troopers. In my March ‘17 shard, you’d struggle to break 500 with that, if not 1000.
    Fleet is one area where you don’t need great mods to be ranked, but you dislike it for some reason.

One can’t expect to compete in the Olympics by casually swimming twice a week at the local Y.
    Arena, GA and TW are all high-end content and they require focus. Heroic Sith is pretty much mid-game now, and you guild can’t even do that.
    It’s ok to play the way you want, but then don’t blame Revan on your woes. From a competitive standpoint, your approach to the game is fundamentally flawed. If you’d like to get better, Warrior on youtube has great videos on his 5 pillar system. There are discord servers that’ll help you improve in various aspects of the game.

Good luck, don’t lose hope and may the force be with you! 😉

This guy gets it^^^^
  • Why does he get it? Because he looked through my roster? Again I don't want Revan, nor to be competitive. However my post is saying something that a few of you are missing; Revan made the game not fun. You need him for every aspect of the game except ships. This has not been true for any other character before him. They were powerful, but not needed. CG made it so Revan is needed to play, you can not have fun with any other team comps anymore. That is a fundamentally broken development system. I didn't need in WoW to chase the top gear tier and still have fun. I didn't need to join the best Null Sec Corp in EvE to have fun in the game. You need Revan now to play this game. That's my point. How do you come back from that?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Tomtorr wrote: »
    I'm not asking to be competitive, I'm asking for the game I play to be diverse and fun. Revan vs Darth Revan isn't fun.

No, but it's just a continuation of what was started with Traya. After Darth Revan we'll get some other Jedi that will swing the pendulum back to Jedi and the cycle will continue. Run Force users in arena or get out.

Finally something in line with the lore, right? Force users beat pretty much everyone else.
  • Tomtorr wrote: »
    I'm not asking to be competitive, I'm asking for the game I play to be diverse and fun. Revan vs Darth Revan isn't fun.

Its VERY fun. You need to prioritize in this game to be successful. Something you haven't been doing by the looks of it.
  • wildirish wrote: »

Its VERY fun. You need to prioritize in this game to be successful. Something you haven't been doing by the looks of it.

We have different opinions on "fun".
  • I don't know, revan is pretty like cls to me with the difference he wasn't impossible to replace after second release.
    I am missing the point why new revan is a problem even before his release as things can't get worse.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    I don't know, revan is pretty like cls to me with the difference he wasn't impossible to replace after second release.
    I am missing the point why new revan is a problem even before his release as things can't get worse.

Precisely. In the worst case scenario, the arena stays pretty much the same except JKRevan gets swapped for DRevan. Any other option means an improvement.
    Why does he get it? Because he looked through my roster? Again I don't want Revan, nor to be competitive. However my post is saying something that a few of you are missing; Revan made the game not fun. You need him for every aspect of the game except ships. This has not been true for any other character before him. They were powerful, but not needed. CG made it so Revan is needed to play, you can not have fun with any other team comps anymore. That is a fundamentally broken development system. I didn't need in WoW to chase the top gear tier and still have fun. I didn't need to join the best Null Sec Corp in EvE to have fun in the game. You need Revan now to play this game. That's my point. How do you come back from that?

I understand the frustration of being unable to effectively participate in parts of the game, but you just said that you don't want to play competitively. If that is the case, you should not expect to enjoy GA,TW,Squad arena or ship arena. These are competitive game modes. You are left with only TB and guild raids. Neither of these modes require revan, so i would disagree with your statement of needing him for every aspect of the game. Granted, 4/6 of game modes that aren't simmable (excluding events) are being excluded based on your desired play style. Your grievance should be about a lack of content catered to this playstyle rather than the character(s) that define the game modes you aren't interested in
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    wildirish wrote: »

Its VERY fun.

Hmmm. So you define fun as fighting the same team 10+ times a day? Every. Single. Day. For the past several months.

Okay then, I guess you and I have different definitions of "fun" and "VERY".

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If your guild is taking more than 2-3 attempts at a revan team then you're doing it wrong and are unprepared.

I hate revan as much as anyone, and despite having mine maxed I still run traya in arena. But having said that, l2p.
    q7iowrvj30be.jpg
    (sometimes life gets in the way and I can't climb for payout)
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Why does he get it? Because he looked through my roster? Again I don't want Revan, nor to be competitive. However my post is saying something that a few of you are missing; Revan made the game not fun. You need him for every aspect of the game except ships. This has not been true for any other character before him. They were powerful, but not needed. CG made it so Revan is needed to play, you can not have fun with any other team comps anymore. That is a fundamentally broken development system. I didn't need in WoW to chase the top gear tier and still have fun. I didn't need to join the best Null Sec Corp in EvE to have fun in the game. You need Revan now to play this game. That's my point. How do you come back from that?

I understand the frustration of being unable to effectively participate in parts of the game, but you just said that you don't want to play competitively. If that is the case, you should not expect to enjoy GA,TW,Squad arena or ship arena. These are competitive game modes. You are left with only TB and guild raids. Neither of these modes require revan, so i would disagree with your statement of needing him for every aspect of the game. Granted, 4/6 of game modes that aren't simmable (excluding events) are being excluded based on your desired play style. Your grievance should be about a lack of content catered to this playstyle rather than the character(s) that define the game modes you aren't interested in

Read this post a few times... really try to understand it. Competative game modes are for those who want to compete... if you dont want to compete, do your dailies and take your free participation rewards and dont worry about it. If you do want to compete, it takes training, studying, planning, and real effort to compete at the top end.
  • Benhur
    16 posts Member
    I would say, stop complaining and learn to play. I'm myself mostly F2P and got Revan the first time around and will get Darth Revan as well. Just a little prevision (both were obvious to come months before they come. Just focus farm or hoard). Secondly, in every TW I take myself 3-4 Revan teams down (I take a hard one with my Revan, another hard one with zTalzin lead NS, and 2 mediocre with CLS and JTR/Droideka). This team is definitively not unbeatable, the meta moved to him cause is the best defense but you can beat him...
  • So to be competitive in a game with 160+ playable characters I need to have four with Revan lead? And you all see this as acceptable? If I want to defend in GA or TW I need one team. If I have that one team nine times out of ten I will fight a mirror of that team. This is acceptable to all of you? So if this was World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Civ 5, etc. You would be okay with only playing one class, one gear set, one race because it's the current strongest? Get real. The l2p people need to look at the bigger picture. It's not that I'm mad I'm not rank one, I'm mad that in order to help my guild I'm shoehorned into a one team mantra. None of you should be okay with that. Do I think good old uggie should be competitive? Heck no. I do think the top 100 ranks should be dominated with 5-6 different teams and playstyles all fighting for the top. What's so wrong with that?
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Glennbob wrote: »
    If you didn’t unlock Revan on the 2nd chance around... you failed yourself... if you don’t unlock Darth Revan on the 2nd chance around... you have failed yourself!

So much agree with this I do.
  • Glennbob wrote: »

What about people who didnt play kotor and dont want to collect that character because he doesnt mean a pinch of kitten to them?

Rock paper scissors gameplay stops being fun when rock(revan) beats everything.

Instead of "power gameing" and only collecting boring meta-toons from an obscure GAME that has nothing whatsoever to do with the star wars franchise for many people a lot of then will just quit.

enough kotor. Enough revan jesus **** jedi revan was enough... now darth revan right afterwards? Hard pass from me thankyou
  • CLS was an unbeatable meta for like 4 months until NS came along...then JTR made CLS obsolete and then Traya overtook EP/JTR.

Revan took out Traya but then Chewy and BSF made CLS and Traya viable respectively.

Right now..there are multiple teams that can make one's way to the top. Not sure what the complaint is.

I don't care for the Revan meta but that's more about the mechanics of revival and heals than meta itself.
  • DarthWok wrote: »

What about people who didnt play kotor and dont want to collect that character because he doesnt mean a pinch of kitten to them?

Instead of "power gameing" and only collecting boring meta-toons from an obscure GAME that has nothing whatsoever to do with the star wars franchise for many people a lot of then will just quit.

enough kotor. Enough revan jesus **** jedi revan was enough... now darth revan right afterwards? Hard pass from me thankyou

If you like collecting characters that you like, rather than characters that are competitive, don’t expect to be competitive.

You don’t see NFL teams signing bad players because they are nice guys then complaining when they suck.
  • Carcass_101
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So to be competitive in a game with 160+ playable characters I need to have four with Revan lead? And you all see this as acceptable? If I want to defend in GA or TW I need one team. If I have that one team nine times out of ten I will fight a mirror of that team. This is acceptable to all of you? So if this was World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Civ 5, etc. You would be okay with only playing one class, one gear set, one race because it's the current strongest? Get real. The l2p people need to look at the bigger picture. It's not that I'm mad I'm not rank one, I'm mad that in order to help my guild I'm shoehorned into a one team mantra. None of you should be okay with that. Do I think good old uggie should be competitive? Heck no. I do think the top 100 ranks should be dominated with 5-6 different teams and playstyles all fighting for the top. What's so wrong with that?

So, I'll take a similar stance here to my previous comment.

First off, I F'ing loved WoW, but i was not a competitive PvPer. When the 5v5 arena came out (I forget what they called it) I **** Royal ***. I **** because I didn't have the PvP gear that you needed in order to compete effectively. I had the best raid gear you could dare dream to have, cause that was the gameplay that I enjoyed the most. But I couldn't take out other players because my gear had defense vs AI mobs, not resistance against players. My weapons did not have the the armor penetration needed to boost damage against players. In short, despite having the best of the best in my preferred play style, I was subpar elsewhere. But I was ok with that. I joined an arena group called "the full Monty", we played 5 matches a week for eligibility to minimum reward payout, too off all our clothes, v and danced in the ring until we were backstabbed, garroted, incinerated and plagued to death.

Those that were competitive in this mode all had the same squad setup. The best team composition would evolve as the game released new updates, but the best of the best were all the same one or 2 sets of group composition. They all that the same gear as each other, because the PvP rewards were tiered. The big difference here.. is skill had a noticeable role to play in your success/failure against an equally matched opponent

Edit: did not realize you can't use the word suck. As in " this new vacuum cleaner sucks up everything"

Edit 2: apparently the content filter goes away after editing comments...

Edit 3: also, I don't get this whole "you only need one character to win GA" attitude thats so wide spread. Maybe it's because my GP is high enough that it matched relatively equally in the mode, but when I place revan on defense, my enemy can choose to use either traya, revan, or CLS to get through him (and apparently one or 2 other groups a little less common), unless they've decided to put them all on defense.. in which case that's their own fault. Virtually all my opponents have at least 2 of those 3 options. So revan alone isn't enough for me to defend, I need another squad that can only be beaten by either revan,traya, or CLS. But with that squad, I now need a third squad that can't be beaten by whomever their next powerful team is. GA gives us the exact Rock, paper, scissor strategy that people are clamoring for.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    "Everyone." Lol. The top 100 in squad arena on a given shard is hardly "everyone."

It is in old shards. Yours must be in it's infant stage.
  • DarthWok wrote: »

"What about people who don't like the Last Jedi? What about people who don't like the Clone Wars? What about people who don't like Rebels?"

Name almost any character, from any part of Star Wars, and there will be people who dislike that character as much as you do Revan. Why should your personal preference be given more weight than anyone else's?
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    "Everyone." Lol. The top 100 in squad arena on a given shard is hardly "everyone."

It is in old shards. Yours must be in it's infant stage.

I've been playing since launch. If I don't log in for a whole day, I drop to at least the mid 200s, so "everyone" on my shard is at least that far down, which would be more than twice the number in the top 100 of squad arena.
    So to be competitive in a game with 160+ playable characters I need to have four with Revan lead? And you all see this as acceptable? If I want to defend in GA or TW I need one team. If I have that one team nine times out of ten I will fight a mirror of that team. This is acceptable to all of you? So if this was World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Civ 5, etc. You would be okay with only playing one class, one gear set, one race because it's the current strongest? Get real. The l2p people need to look at the bigger picture. It's not that I'm mad I'm not rank one, I'm mad that in order to help my guild I'm shoehorned into a one team mantra. None of you should be okay with that. Do I think good old uggie should be competitive? Heck no. I do think the top 100 ranks should be dominated with 5-6 different teams and playstyles all fighting for the top. What's so wrong with that?

Did you even play WoW or any mmo? There will always be a class that get recognized as having more advantages than the others and that’ll be the flavour of the month until the next update. Have you ever heard of specfic classes/specs being unable to get into raids because their dps is lower than others?

And there absolutely are ideal class and race combinations. If you create a character based on looks alone and choose not to be competitive, it’s your fault.

It’s how online gaming is. No sense in pretending that you can do whatever you want and still by on the same level as everyone else.