Darth Revan - Indication required of gear level request to devs

2Next

Replies

• PANIC FARM GEAR!!!!!!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    And what about the quoted part that's says rare and challenging event?
    Thrawn event is said to be "challenging" as well. It is, for early midgame, but you can beat it with g8 phoenix.

• Gluckychou wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Thrawn event is said to be "challenging" as well. It is, for early midgame, but you can beat it with g8 phoenix.

I don't see where it's said to be challenging: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116407/game-update-6-13-2017#latest

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Take the two you'll be using with Darth Revan to g12 (Bastilla and HK).

Carth you should be gearing as a pilot anyway.

That + mods will carry juhani and canderous. You get an AI Revan too remember.

I don't see where it's said to be challenging: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116407/game-update-6-13-2017#latest
    Indeed, the word challenging was on the gaming-fans page, my bad.

• I’m sure it’s the unpopular opinion but I’m hoping everyone needs to be g11 and up :-)
  • Darth Revan event MIGHT not be as hard as the Chewbacca event but it WILL be the hardest "Journey" event we've ever had.

They released him too late for it to be easy like the other Journey events, specifically Jedi Knight Revan. JKR needed 5 marquee characters farmed up to 7 star so that created a shard panic money spring. Darth Revan only takes 4 marquee characters, two of which almost everyone has 7 star already if you aren't living under a rock. That's basically 3 less characters CG/EA can't make money on. Only way to make that up is with a gear money spring.

You should DEFINITELY expect to need all 5 of the required characters at G10, or at least the most important ones. Most likely G11 or better.

To think you can get Darth Revan as easily as Jedi Knight Revan is just wishful thinking, and quite frankly, you haven't been paying attention.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I’ve invested hard in this faction and I hope it pays off. I want it hard please, I don’t want to see the entire top 50 rocking Darth Revan, otherwise what’s the point in being anything other than FTP?

Make it hard, make it exclusive.

Now let the hate flow...
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I’ve invested hard in this faction and I hope it pays off. I want it hard please, I don’t want to see the entire top 50 rocking Darth Revan, otherwise what’s the point in being anything other than FTP?

Now let the hate flow...

I want it harder than that. So hard that no one actually gets him the first time around.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I’ve invested hard in this faction and I hope it pays off. I want it hard please, I don’t want to see the entire top 50 rocking Darth Revan, otherwise what’s the point in being anything other than FTP?

Now let the hate flow...

I want it harder than that. So hard that no one actually gets him the first time around.

Because when everyone's super...no one will be. Sound familiar?

I just want it to be a fun and memorable event. Then I want to play with my new toy and dominate the Arena! Muwahahaha!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I'm going to laugh when everybody gets him with g7......why everyone thinks this will be different from any other journey is mind boggling
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne.....

Bundles and an event pack will also be available for the characters above to help you prepare for this rare and challenging event.

I would not expect this to be the same as other Journeys, because it's not like other journeys. There is less of a "panic shard farm", 2 of the toons have been out long enough and the newer of those 2, was a good addition to a previous meta. G7-9, is wishful thinking IMHO.
    The quote "It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne" doesn't refer to the event directly, we don't have gear bundles to prepare ourselves a higher difficulty like we had with Ewoks & Bounty Hunters.

Expecting a g11 requirement is overeacting to a teaser, imo. For the huge majority of players, getting the four new OR characters is already a big gap.

They gave a lot more time to farm...only way to counter that is to make the event difficult
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    I'm going to laugh when everybody gets him with g7......why everyone thinks this will be different from any other journey is mind boggling

You kinda sound like a guy that said Darth Revan wasnt coming too. Once again, you'll be wrong. Too many people unlocked JKR and at a pace CG didn't expect.

I'll be laughing at you the most then
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

You kinda sound like a guy that said Darth Revan wasnt coming too. Once again, you'll be wrong. Too many people unlocked JKR and at a pace CG didn't expect.

Based on which dev post are you making this statement so casually?
    Im pretty sure CG knows how many whales there are and can make good estimations. We have like 50 whales on our shard only, who will for sure unlock Darth Revan the first time. Plus about 100 ftp (using up hoarded crystals) , irrelevant of gear level requirement.
    I personally think thats healthy. Top500 being one team is lame, but 150 makes sense.

What CG should focus on (instead of setting high gear level requirements) is to come up with another meta in ~2 months time.
    The whales will happily buy it, bevause as opposed to Darth Revan, ftp wont really be able to afford it. Thats because the ftp just used up their crystal stash on DR. They dont have the resources left for another panic farm, and theres the lack of motivation too - theyre still going to be happy with DR.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The only reason they could make this event harder is because the people are stupid enough to ask for it.
    The Mama's boys are always trying to be special.
    "I had a lot of more time to farm the shards please make me feel special and increase the difficulty of this event."

God ****, the humankind is ruined.
  • I really do not think it will be chewy like levels. Most of BH were in game forever.

I expect this to be harder than jkr but not threepio and chewy hard.

Save gear. Farm away. Hope for the best.

I agree with this. I'm betting the difficulty will be somewhere in between Thrawn and Chewie/3P0. Those last 2 events were so hard because BH and Ewoks have been in the game for years, I don't think it makes sense for this event to be more difficult than those because the required toons are still relatively new. Personally, I've got a bunch of gear saved up so I think I'll be fine either way, I hope it's difficult enough that it provides a challenge but I don't want to see another total RNG-fest. My guess is that g10-g11 gear on everyone with good 5 dot mods will do the job.
  • Simply put prepare for worst case. I have all geared to normal level for this type of event. But I've hoarded gear and crystals to prepare for bringing them to 11+ if needed. I'd rather run through and fail and gear 1 or 2 up as needed then expect all g12 and waste my gear on a maybe.