One More Thing - A Brief Letter To Developers

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited March 2019
So we've been in this KOTOR meta for months. Fighting the same Revan teams 10+ times day...5-10 times in squad arena (depending on how far you fall) plus extra times in every GA and every TW. I get it - some players asked for Revan and love KOTOR. Cool. But it was time to move on from KOTOR - not continue to cram it down out throats hoping we barf up cash.

First off, keep in mind that many of your current players might not have actually played a game that came out 16 years ago. Just a thought.

Second, I am a big Star Wars fan. Have been for literally decades. Love some of the EU stuff - enjoyed Thrawn (and the books). But (and I realize this might borderline on blasphemy around here) - I didn't like KOTOR. I played it and didn't even finish the first one. The game play and story were mediocre. The characters even less appealing (except HK-47). I did finish Baldur's Gate (1 & 2) and Neverwinter and all Starcraft Campaigns (old and new) - so it's not like I don't like good story lines or engaging games - KOTOR just wasn't one of them for me.

Please understand that not everyone who ever played KOTOR liked it. I was hoping CG was done with KOTOR - but instead we get to live this tired meta for another several months. Don't worry - I am sure there are many KOTOR fans who will still line your pockets, so you've be fine without my financial support.

Not all Star Wars fans are the same. Please consider that next time you manipulate the meta...again.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• I don’t understand how people didn’t like kotor’s story...but liked the last jedi.
  • Personally, I have never played KOTOR and probably never will. But I still enjoy all the new KOTOR characters we are getting. I’m glad we got JK Revan and I’m looking forward to Darth Revan. And although I do believe they do need a break from KOTOR, I’d very much like to see a Darth Revan and Darth Malak Team in game before that long awaited break.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    I don’t understand how people didn’t like kotor’s story...but liked the last jedi.

It's funny - I also don't understand how I love pierogi, and the rest of the planet doesn't. And the way I enjoy certain movies, books, drinks and styles of music that not everyone else loves universally. Weird, huh?

:D
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    personally KOTOR 1 &2 are two of my fav storylines from the SW universe i love them. i also dont see how people say all they are releasing is KOTOR when they also released C3PO, Chewy , 2 droids, emps ship , OT Falcon and some others that arent KOTOR along with some reworks to characters that arent as well. Pretty sure they will be moving away from KOTOR soon especially with a new movie coming out this year , and if i remember the road ahead im pretty sure we will be getting some rebels, and some clone wars stuff. But hopfully we get Malak before they take a break. Take a year off then come right back for KOTOR 2 characters.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Personally i don't care either way, i'm not a star wars fan.
    That being said, i don't really understand why they choose to focus on such a small part of the franchize for this long. It's cool and all, but why not a little more love for the solo movie for example?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well, too bad KOTOR is considered to be one of the best RPGs ever, let alone one of the best games ever published. The fact that you decided that it sucks because you don't like the OR additions will not change this.
  • I wish they would make a remastered version of Kotor. I’m sure it was great in it’s time, but for someone who tried playing it for the first time just last year, it is too outdated. I couldn’t get past the old graphics and clunky controls.