Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• Presaria wrote: »
    How long should the update take from google play?

I’ve had the green install circle going for 20 minutes and tried multiple times

It was released yesterday just didnt need to install so may have already had it. Todays update was server side no dl
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    NODE SIMMING SLIDER LOGIC

So will the game always force the slider to the MAX number when I try to sim (an energy node)?
    Because that is undesirable!
    Not only does it increase the risk of a mistake where you sim all your energy away on a hard node you only needed 2 shards from (and wanted to SIM the other energy on a different node), but it wastes our time if we want to move the slider to 2 or 3 instead of 8!
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb
    When you go to find gear now since the last upgrade , you go to sim a battle it automatically goes to sim 20 battles . Some in my guild not paying attention hit the sim button and did all 20 battles . It should automatically go to the lowest first , let us increase it .a00ewy0mwgsv.png
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    L053R wrote: »
    This post directly addresses the current slider issue

I have played this game for years and have been a paying customer. I have trolled the forums a lot just reading but never posting. I am an Officer in my Guild so I come here a lot for my information to pass on to the people who can't or just won't.

THIS UPDATE: is what prompted me to begin posting.

"Node Simming Slider: The node simming slider logic has been adjusted to slightly reduce the number of taps to fully sim a node"

I believe that a lot of the things in this Update are pretty well thought out in the effort to make the game UI better for us. Thank You

BUT the slider on the simulations when it comes to farming is a complete disaster. I have read this entire thread. The only thing I am seeing consistently is the CUSTOMERS begging for you to change the slider back. I already have members who are frustrated and venting in chat to me about this issue. Some are already talking about leaving the game over it because they feel as if they cant farm anymore. Each one of them lost all of their energy in one click.

Before anyone comes in here to complain about my post. First I want to remind you that this very issue is what prompted me to register for the forum. It bothers me so much that I had to come here to say my piece.

I buy my crystals monthly, some of the packs for other things and anything to boost the bounty hunters when I can. I farm every day and am always giving away things to the members of my Guild. I actually challenge the other members to give more than I do. I am so use to the way we click this game in repetitive mannerisms that I am on auto pilot. As I can see many and many other customers are in the same habit. When this update happened and the slider went all the way to the right many customers are going to feel cheated on the things that they could have farmed that day.

I realize that some customers may want to have a default set to the highest setting when farming shards. That is OK but when a customer is looking for just 1 more, they wont need to have it set at 8. When looking for gear pieces its the same way. TO ERROR on the safe side, is to have the slider default to the left at 1. This makes all customers happy in the sense that their energy is not used up NEEDLESSLY. Today, My Ship energy and my Cantina energy went fast because of this. I didn't catch the slider until after the second one.

Please, as a paying customer for this game. Please revert the slider back to the original configuration of being at the lowest setting. This makes the most sense in the long run and allows more of your customers to be happier. A Customer who hits the button with 1 selected can always hit it again. A Customer who hits that button with 8 selected can be the end of their day farming. I would say that 90% of the Customers here are on some type of budget and this can become very frustrating and could cause the game itself to begin losing people as a result. Why would a Customer come here and see their efforts be wasted? This type of thing will drive customers away from any business or product.

On the Debate of whether the slider at max vs slider at 1 yields the same results. In my experience in testing this theory. MY individual game yields the best results when I sim things one at a time. I do not believe that the game does the math properly when you sim them in multiples. In my opinion the code needs to be changes where no matter how many sims you select, the game should calculate them as individual simulations and then add the results at the end. Currently, I believe it is coded as to calculate the simulation as one then multiplying the results at the end by the number the customer selected.

It is ok if others do not believe me in my personal findings.

Once Again, Please for the good of the Customers that you have returning and purchasing your product monthly. Please return the configuration of the slider back to what it was. Where a customer can click once without looking and get one result, if they intended to set it for two, then they can have a chance to do just that by still having energy remaining. It really is the best idea for this item in the game

Thank You for listening/reading.

LO53R
    Malaks Assassins

I digress. The best option would be as indicated below this post. Change the code where the Customer can select the default where it is at minimum or maximum. Thank You for the input "jkray622"

^^ THIS EXACTLY.

If you must, have a setting that individual users can change whether the slider is maxed or min'd... Just like we have settings for sound.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I love the update, great work @CG_SBCrumb and crew!

My only question is.. Will we ever be able to challenge allies? 👀
    Most of my guild and friends would really love to battle each other, without any rewards, just to see how they match up and stuff. Would be fun, and very helpful in understanding how teams work.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Rewards for Pit sim:
    300K credits
    1 H1-03 Prize Box
    830 Guild Tokens
    and
    10 Han Solo Shards

Huh
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • VallejoMach
    39 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    What fool thought it was a good idea to automatically set sim battles to max? Creating a situation where you have to alter this every time is not a QoL addition.
  • Hello,

About the Multi sim slider to max. I hate it make me lose all my credit twice today trying to farm one drop of a item.
    A really bad feature.

When adding feature like that, could you at least add an option to disable the feature please.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    BATTLE STATUS ICONS

@CG_SBCrumb

It looks like the battle status icons have gotten smaller, which is making them harder to see what they are on our cell phones and seems like an odd thing to do when we can hide them now.
    So please put back the original size of the status icons, since if we think they take up too much screen space we will just hide them.
    (Unless CG is wanting us to migrate away from mobile device use and to just use an emulators on a PC)
  • Thanks for max sim slide. I always max my sim. But maybe you should give an option for others that don't do that.

Give it an option at setting, max or start from 1...and everybody will be happy
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Rewards for Pit sim:
    300K credits
    1 H1-03 Prize Box
    830 Guild Tokens
    and
    10 Han Solo Shards

Huh

Yep....I compared them to the reward table and it comes out to 1st place shards, 11-15th place currency, an 11-20 place prize box and 21-30th place credits.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Thanks for max sim slide. I always max my sim. But maybe you should give an option for others that don't do that.

Give it an option at setting, max or start from 1...and everybody will be happy

And don't forget a 3 option.

Why change this? Who was asking for the simmer to always be at max? How is that QOL? lol.

At least make it an actual option in game instead of changing it :)
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    I'll chime in and say that I like the new slider. If I'm farming a node, I'm *farming* that node, and I want to use all of my attempts. This reduces the number of clicks I have.

Ideal state would be one where users could select if the slider started at 1 or <max>, but for me I prefer the <max>.

IF each sim ticket/battle resulted in it's own RNG roll then using max sims would be ok...but there's no evidence that happens and from my experience it's quantitatively worse to do sims like this. Smaller batches of sims = more RNG rolls = more chances to get a good one. I'm sure there's numbers out there that show something similar, but just from experience alone I would say automatically using max isn't as efficient as doing 2 or 3 at a time by some considerable margin.
  • Hey devs, great job testing this “update” before pushing it out to the masses.....😂😂😂😂🙄
  • Rag_Scrag
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Comment deleted
    Post edited by Rag_Scrag on
  • I'm just going to post here about multi-sims. No one can point to a specific statistical study that says simulating less than the maximum number of battles is better for your drop rate. As an example, look at the Galactic Chase. CG posted the drop rates, and everyone who worked together and tracked their drops saw that they didn't lie.

Now. If your conjecture about smaller numbers of sims being better is true, one of the following has to also be true.

1) CG took a huge risk publishing the drop rates as if we all simmed the max, we were likely to have gotten a statistically different number than their stated percentages. It would have required serious crowdfunding, but I doubt that's a risk they would have taken.

2) CG uses different a RNG algorithm for Galactic Chase and normal events. As simulating randomness is a difficult task, I find this highly unlikely.

I have no problem if you want to sim in smaller batches. But proliferating something you claim to be fact without providing statistically significant evidence to back it up is something I believe should be avoided.

Hope you have a great day!
    -Darth (this is what I do instead of writing my PhD thesis in MATH) Summers
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Rewards for Pit sim:
    300K credits
    1 H1-03 Prize Box
    830 Guild Tokens
    and
    10 Han Solo Shards

Huh

Yep....I compared them to the reward table and it comes out to 1st place shards, 11-15th place currency, an 11-20 place prize box and 21-30th place credits.

Quick - one of you mathy guys figure out if it is worth it!
  • Super dislike starting on the max sim for farming. That's kind of a **** move.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Rewards for Pit sim:
    300K credits
    1 H1-03 Prize Box
    830 Guild Tokens
    and
    10 Han Solo Shards

Huh

I literally just said this to my guild.
    I’m pretty sure it comes out even. Or possibly even. Depending even.

It’s dead content that took 7mins to auto.

I think the real writing on the wall is all the nails in the coffins.

A lot of new content comes our way!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    What fool thought it was a good idea to automatically set sim battles to max? Creating a situation where you have to alter this every time is not a QoL addition.

The same fool that wants nothing but your money
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Rewards for Pit sim:
    300K credits
    1 H1-03 Prize Box
    830 Guild Tokens
    and
    10 Han Solo Shards

Huh

@Ztyle
    Does it give you a rank position, or does everyone get the same thing?
    What gear did you get from the box?
    But boy that is crappy Credit amounts.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

The developers have a real interest in our liking of the game. If the consumers don’t like the game they will quit playing/paying. They may not bow to every whim and may gamble on how much we will panic spend, but somewhere in there they do also want us to enjoy the game...while making a profit.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Very Meh, I dunno, how about modifying the stores for new/different content? How about a ships raid, how about modifying the sith raid so it’s not so **** hard? How about something that changes something about the actual game? New challenge tiers?, etc. I am just not impressed by these changes and it does not excite me at all. Make changes that make me want to log instead of because I feel I have to.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    I'm just going to post here about multi-sims. No one can point to a specific statistical study that says simulating less than the maximum number of battles is better for your drop rate. As an example, look at the Galactic Chase. CG posted the drop rates, and everyone who worked together and tracked their drops saw that they didn't lie.

Now. If your conjecture about smaller numbers of sims being better is true, one of the following has to also be true.

1) CG took a huge risk publishing the drop rates as if we all simmed the max, we were likely to have gotten a statistically different number than their stated percentages. It would have required serious crowdfunding, but I doubt that's a risk they would have taken.

2) CG uses different a RNG algorithm for Galactic Chase and normal events. As simulating randomness is a difficult task, I find this highly unlikely.

I have no problem if you want to sim in smaller batches. But proliferating something you claim to be fact without providing statistically significant evidence to back it up is something I believe should be avoided.

Hope you have a great day!
    -Darth (this is what I do instead of writing my PhD thesis in MATH) Summers

Obviously a default max setting in siming:
    1. Increases your risk of accidently blowing all your energy on a node you meant to only sim once or twice.
    2. Is more frustrating when you sim 8 at a time and get 0 shards, as opposed to 2 at a time and getting 0 shards.

Plus
    3. It possibly increases the amount of energy that is needed to be spent before you will see the statistical expected value of shards per SIM.
    I expect CG doesn't treat 8 Sims in one go as they same as 1 Sim 8 times. I suspect that the average value will eventually be the same, but that the "variance" will be larger when doing 8 Sims in one go.

What do you think?
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Rewards for Pit sim:
    300K credits
    1 H1-03 Prize Box
    830 Guild Tokens
    and
    10 Han Solo Shards

Huh

These rewards seem very light ... as rng jobs players, I expect the forums to burn.
  • @CG_SBCrumb For the simming issue that has everyone upset. Max setting is great for shards, but, very bad for gear. If you guys can push a quick update differentiate the two many will appreciate it
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

The developers have a real interest in our liking of the game. If the consumers don’t like the game they will quit playing/paying. They may not bow to every whim and may gamble on how much we will panic spend, but somewhere in there they do also want us to enjoy the game...while making a profit.

As in they hope you panic and spend when you blow all your energy on accident.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    1) CG took a huge risk publishing the drop rates

I'm sorry but what? They didn't take a risk doing that, they were forced to do that by law, because otherwise this game would currently be illegal. They are starting to crack down on all of this legalised child gambling going on in these mobile games, so don't think they took a risk doing that, we'd never have known it if not for the law.

VonZant wrote: »
    Rewards for Pit sim:
    300K credits
    1 H1-03 Prize Box
    830 Guild Tokens
    and
    10 Han Solo Shards

Huh

I literally just said this to my guild.
    I’m pretty sure it comes out even. Or possibly even. Depending even.

It’s dead content that took 7mins to auto.

I think the real writing on the wall is all the nails in the coffins.

A lot of new content comes our way!

Well, the way I see it, you still are waiting 24hours for everyone to join, so you still are only getting the rewards when you would have normally gotten them. So instead of this sim actually helping us, its done nothing. As for the rewards from the sim, I do question why they choose the 11pack and not the top 10 packs. Plus of course quests cannot be completed by simming, and no one will get the title or avatar.

It should have simply just been "sim Raid" ok done the moment the officer/leader clicked it, everyone in guild gets rewards gg.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    I'll chime in and say that I like the new slider. If I'm farming a node, I'm *farming* that node, and I want to use all of my attempts. This reduces the number of clicks I have.

Ideal state would be one where users could select if the slider started at 1 or <max>, but for me I prefer the <max>.

IF each sim ticket/battle resulted in it's own RNG roll then using max sims would be ok...but there's no evidence that happens and from my experience it's quantitatively worse to do sims like this. Smaller batches of sims = more RNG rolls = more chances to get a good one. I'm sure there's numbers out there that show something similar, but just from experience alone I would say automatically using max isn't as efficient as doing 2 or 3 at a time by some considerable margin.

You're sure, but did you ever really check? Plenty of people have tracked drop rates over a long period of time. They always arrive at a rate equal or very close to 1/3, regardless of the simming method. Here is one example:
    https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5uywkd/cantina_drop_rates_a_75_day_and_counting_study/

Besides, from a coding point of view, it makes absolutely no sense to use a different RNG calculation for x sims if x = 1 or x < 4, or whatever you believe happens there. You'd simply call the same random number function x times. Anything else would be unnecessarily complicated and bug prone.

The reason you're convinced of your method is confirmation bias. If you sim a Cantina node 4 times in batches of 3 for a total of 12 attempts, you might get 0, 1, 0, 2 shards. The last batch confirms your belief, while the first 3 do not and are therefore conveniently ignored. Had you simmed 12 times at once and gotten the same 3 measly shards in total, it would also play into your confirmation bias and reassure you that large batches yield worse results. It's simply how the human mind works.