HPIT sim purple box rewards - one item or one or more items?

Prev1
Doneeta
157 posts Member
@CG_SBCrumb thank you for the clarification on the sim rewards for PIT raid.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198056/rewards-for-raid-simming#latest

I just wanted to clarify the note:
The mystery box will contain one of the items above and everyone in the guild will receive the same item from the mystery box.

Since currently the purple box is
one (or more)
items, does this still hold true or is it now only one item?

Replies

• Hack
    53 posts Member
    Good catch. I caught the same thing and came looking for an answer too.

I'm going to wager instead of creating a new box with only one item it is more simple (from a programming point of view) to just give out the box how it is currently and Sbcrumb was incorrect.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Indeed a good a good catch. It should say 1 or more. Updating now
  • Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    Thank you for the clarification @CG_SBCrumb
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Only good for those that sign up and don’t participate
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • Anyway, rewards for rank 11-15 is una bella cagata
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Only good for those that sign up and don’t participate

That vastly depends on the guild. We have 30+ regular pit solos, meaning that over half of those who solo the raid would get worse rewards, if not for the sim update.
  • Hello @CG_SBCrumb
    I really want an answer to my question: Why you guys decide to put separated rewards from Rank 11-30 and combine them into a simming reward option?

Personally i think these rewards are one big joke... Who will be the guy that will want to sim this raid when it takes only 8 minutes playtime on auto?
    Just to receive:
    Mystery Box: The reward bracket for “Rank 11-20”.
    Credits: 300k = Rank 21-30.
    Guild Currency: 830 = Rank 11-15.
    Shards: 10 Han Solo Shards = Rank 1 (most people don't really care anymore).

It is a way better option to spend 8 minutes to play the raid and get a way too better rewards from Rank 1-10... Hell even if you get Rank 11-15 it will be much better then simming the raid for sure!
    With this rewards i don't see quality of life changes at all! I see only a way to reward lazy people who only signed up for 0 damage every time and they really don't care much to play the raid anyway...
    Even if you guys make the HAAT to be like this, then i will still spend the 1 hour time to play it because these rewards Rank 11-30 ish will be joke too...

The better solution to this from my point of view is to make the rewards to be at least Rank 3 with Rank 3 double Mystery Boxes. As you guys said before, the requirements to simming this raids are Guild effort. It will be more normal to give at least these Rank 3 rewards to the Guild members and this will be the REAL quality of life change!
  • ENERGYSS wrote: »
    Hello @CG_SBCrumb
    I really want an answer to my question: Why you guys decide to put separated rewards from Rank 11-30 and combine them into a simming reward option?

Personally i think these rewards are one big joke... Who will be the guy that will want to sim this raid when it takes only 8 minutes playtime on auto?
    Just to receive:

It is a way better option to spend 8 minutes to play the raid and get a way too better rewards from Rank 1-10... Hell even if you get Rank 11-15 it will be much better then simming the raid for sure!
    With this rewards i don't see quality of life changes at all! I see only a way to reward lazy people who only signed up for 0 damage every time and they really don't care much to play the raid anyway...
    Even if you guys make the HAAT to be like this, then i will still spend the 1 hour time to play it because these rewards Rank 11-30 ish will be joke too...

The better solution to this from my point of view is to make the rewards to be at least Rank 3 with Rank 3 double Mystery Boxes. As you guys said before, the requirements to simming this raids are Guild effort. It will be more normal to give at least these Rank 3 rewards to the Guild members and this will be the REAL quality of life change!

Soloing the Rancor doesn't guarantee a top 30 finish, let alone a top 10 unless you're in a guild that doesn't choose to participate.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Soloing the Rancor doesn't guarantee a top 30 finish, let alone a top 10 unless you're in a guild that doesn't choose to participate.

Not every guild have 30+ players that are playing the raids at maximum effort. For example my guild and i know for sure several of my friends guilds have around 10-20+ active players that are doing the raids, others just finish the raids with 0 damage. And for guilds like that this simming option is not a Quality of life change at all.

I also think that people who want to compete for better rewards will still play the raid and not simming it, and these 30 people will still play the raid and try to get better rewards (because you can choose to sim the raid or play it). Unless the guild leader strongly add a rule that you must simming the raid. Because the way that i understand the Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 post it says that you can choose to sim the raid, or to play the raid with the current reward distribution.
    "We should note, that if, for any reason, you don't want to sim the Rancor, you always have the option to play through the way it is currently with the current reward distribution."
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Not every guild have 30+ players that are playing the raids at maximum effort. For example my guild and i know for sure several of my friends guilds have around 10-20+ active players that are doing the raids, others just finish the raids with 0 damage. And for guilds like that this simming option is not a Quality of life change at all.

I also think that people who want to compete for better rewards will still play the raid and not simming it, and these 30 people will still play the raid and try to get better rewards (because you can choose to sim the raid or play it). Unless the guild leader strongly add a rule that you must simming the raid. Because the way that i understand the Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 post it says that you can choose to sim the raid, or to play the raid with the current reward distribution.
    "We should note, that if, for any reason, you don't want to sim the Rancor, you always have the option to play through the way it is currently with the current reward distribution."

So you just said it yourself. If you don't want to sim it, you can still run the raid normally. For guilds where all players can solo and most of them choose to, the overall rewards are better with simming.
    The QoL update on Rancor was not neccessarily made to get rid of a 5-8 minutes solo. But it brings more equality to guilds were a solo run will still not guarantee that you get anything better than last place rewards.
  • So you just said it yourself. If you don't want to sim it, you can still run the raid normally. For guilds where all players can solo and most of them choose to, the overall rewards are better with simming.
    The QoL update on Rancor was not neccessarily made to get rid of a 5-8 minutes solo. But it brings more equality to guilds were a solo run will still not guarantee that you get anything better than last place rewards.

Normally i will be happy to sim it, but the rewards are so bad that it is more efficient way to play it instead....
  • ENERGYSS
    50 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I really like the QoL and it make the game better and better. I just don't like the rewards for simming the raid. Other then that i think everything is good and they are going in the right direction with these QoL changes and updates ;)
  • A swing-and-a-miss. Even if all participants got a random chance at rewards from the current rank 1 to 10, I think the vast majority of guilds farming this raid would have gone for it.

Instead, we have this tight-fisted solution that really only makes sense if you have 30 or more guild members who routinely solo the thing. Really CG, was it that crucial that you maintain the gear bottleneck?
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    I dont see the point in complaining about this, the option is there for people who want to use it, there was no way there gonna give everyone rank 10 or better rewards in the whole guild, That would be way too OP. I honestly expected it to be rank 25 rewards for everyone, at which point i would have complained but this seems fair. Im not sure if our guild is going to do it yet and we will deffo be testing it out for a week or so. But at least they didn't take away the option to play the raid. So for everyone who's not happy with it, simply ignore and play the raid through on manual.
  • Road Ahead: 1/31/2019: "While we are still tuning the exact rewards, the intention is to keep the inflow of rewards but allow guilds to enjoy the rewards and spend their time on new content without having to repeat the version of an event they’ve mastered. "

So the idea is good and they don't want from us to spend our time on old content and repeat it every time, also to enjoy the rewards...

Great idea, but poor execution.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    The idea is great, but right now do all 50 members in the guild receive top 10 rewards? Nope, that would be a massive buff to guild income. Having it how it is makes the average ranking amongst the whole guild a lot higher for rewards than it is atm, so its actually a small buff when you think of all 50 members in a guild. Dont get me wrong id love them to make it that everyone got top 10 rewards but i can see it would be a massive buff which is something i dont think they want to do and thats understandable
  • I can Solo rancor, even doing it auto on x1 speed to give those whose starting time doesn’t suit for whatever reason, a chance to put something on the leaderboard. In my guild, we have 20 regular zeros, 10 most of the time.

I'm FTP and have spent years playing this casually. So not coming from a spenders perspective, I voted for my guild to stand together.
  • Zaraos wrote: »
    The idea is great, but right now do all 50 members in the guild receive top 10 rewards? Nope, that would be a massive buff to guild income. Having it how it is makes the average ranking amongst the whole guild a lot higher for rewards than it is atm, so its actually a small buff when you think of all 50 members in a guild. Dont get me wrong id love them to make it that everyone got top 10 rewards but i can see it would be a massive buff which is something i dont think they want to do and thats understandable

A massive buff? Not really. Every new gear level still requires all the pit raid gear in spades in order to build the new piece. And they still charge the same prices they did when the pieces first went for sale......
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

These rewards are hot garbage. Ya'll are some stingy people.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Really, it would probably have gone over better if you could just sim the thing and randomly assign reward-ranks like it does for multi-way ties now. Someone still gets first, someone gets 2nd, etc.

Then, if you really wanted to please the masses, assign a "floor" rank so that nobody's loot was worse than, say, rank 20.
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Change guilds then.

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

How about updating the game to work? Hardly anyone able to log in for close to 2 hours for some.
  • Change guilds then.

You totally miss the point of my posts.
    ENERGYSS wrote: »
    Hello @CG_SBCrumb

Just to receive:

The most we've ever had sim the rancor is 13. HAAT is anywhere between 2-5. We are a 204m GP of highly active players. If your guild is having 30+ people do Rancor whent hey know what their finish will be beforehand, congratulations on having the most active guild in GoH.
    ENERGYSS wrote: »
    Hello @CG_SBCrumb

Just to receive:

The most we've ever had sim the rancor is 13. HAAT is anywhere between 2-5. We are a 204m GP of highly active players. If your guild is having 30+ people do Rancor whent hey know what their finish will be beforehand, congratulations on having the most active guild in GoH.

Yea, usually the guys that do the solo are those that were in top 20 and had the time to auto it. No way is someone in the 40s gonna bother if at the most he geys promoted to the 30s.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Simming the raid is a great addition to the game, but rewards should be adjusted to top 10

Rancor raid is very outdated. Top 10 rewards is not to much to ask for.
    @cg_sbcrumb

Very few will debate if top 10 awarded
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    G20 wrote: »
    Simming the raid is a great addition to the game, but rewards should be adjusted to top 10

Rancor raid is very outdated. Top 10 rewards is not to much to ask for.
    @cg_sbcrumb

Very few will debate if top 10 awarded

Top 5, no less
  • I think the rewards were a good compromise.

And to say people are too lazy to do the raid is an odd statement to me. In my guild there are people spread across a wide range of time zones. We picked a time zone that is central to the majority of the members. That means for many the start time of the raid is inconvenient and they simply couldn’t get on at the correct time. Especially since the raid is done in 10 minutes max.

We used to run a contest to allow people to pick different start times for the raid. That way different people could have a shot at it.

Now we can sim the raid and everyone can get needed rewards, not just the few who can get on at the right time. The few who regularly got top rewards are getting less, but the guildcas a whole will benefit. Which will help us in other guild activities.

I never expected to get more than the 15-25 range, so these are pretty close to my expectations. The 10 shards is actually a good bonus, since everyone will now get extra shard currency.
  • I think the rewards were a good compromise.

And to say people are too lazy to do the raid is an odd statement to me. In my guild there are people spread across a wide range of time zones. We picked a time zone that is central to the majority of the members. That means for many the start time of the raid is inconvenient and they simply couldn’t get on at the correct time. Especially since the raid is done in 10 minutes max.

We used to run a contest to allow people to pick different start times for the raid. That way different people could have a shot at it.

Now we can sim the raid and everyone can get needed rewards, not just the few who can get on at the right time. The few who regularly got top rewards are getting less, but the guildcas a whole will benefit. Which will help us in other guild activities.

I never expected to get more than the 15-25 range, so these are pretty close to my expectations. The 10 shards is actually a good bonus, since everyone will now get extra shard currency.

Did you look at the actual stats , one guy posted them. Unless you have 40 or 50 ppl doing this raid its not only a net loss to the top performers but a net loss to the whole guild
  • Since I had to miss the last raid and was given 42nd (and wasn’t last), it’s a net bonus for my guild. I know I would have been better off. For other guilds this won’t be true.

Personally, I assume CG is looking at their stats and finding the middle ground for the majority of guilds. Others may assume other motives. For me, the current setup matches my expectations and was even slightly better.