Does anyone actually LIKE ships?

Prev1
joelgs23
251 posts Member
edited March 2019
I've been talking to my guild mates and they all hate ships... I mean, they hate it. I'm in a good guild, with lots of 3-4 million power level players! Sadly, I have to agree with them, I loved ships when I started playing, but they are pointless now because of Hounds Tooth and M Falcon. I get meta shifts, and I get that there are ways to deal with Hound's Tooth, but it is inherently boring and dumb.... utterly dumb, to have characters that can literally get hit 10, 20 or 30 times in a row, and literally take ZERO damage. It might not be so bad if HT did not auto taunt so much. It's crazy, stun causes you to lose a turn.... removing turn meter slows you down, but Hound's Tooth is effectively stunning your entire team, over and over, till you get the right reinforcement or a lucky critical hit. Every shot that hits him, stacks his defense, which is a lost turn... so lose turn, lose turn, lose turn.... hope for the best. It's a really bad game concept and utterly stupid in practicality or reality.......

Replies

• For the first question, yes someone loves ship, i love ships. They are free crystals. It is easier to end first in ship arena than in character's arena... so i love ships
  • I generally love ships. They are still my favorite part of the game, even tho:
    I hate that cg changed the format from 5v5 to 3v3 opening lineup.
    I hate bad design like ht. (i have a literally maxed ht, but its ridiculously op and not fun)
    I hate that CG killed diversity (ht and m f)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ships in general are fine, current ship meta is less fine but still better than JKRevan in arena or Mace stall fleets.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    For the first question, yes someone loves ship, i love ships. They are free crystals. It is easier to end first in ship arena than in character's arena... so i love ships

You only get easy first, because so many people don't like ships and therefore don't play activ.

Then thank you to those of you who opt to not participate in ships. I was lucky and entered my ship shard at number 3. At that time there were no crystal rewards, but the fleet currency was incentive enough. I have always invested in my pilots first, and I much prefer the current 90 second victories in fleet than the five minute revan mirror matches.
  • Im running a pretty good M F lineup, and it still takes around 4 minutes on average to defeat some of the other good M F fleets.
  • I like the *idea* of ships.
  • Preferred it before HT and after was released. Now it’s as exciting as a revan v revan match.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • I like the crystals, so yes
  • I like ships too and look forward to some kind of raid including ships.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually LIKE ships?
    Yes.
    I've been talking to my guild mates and they all hate ships... I mean, they hate it. I'm in a good guild, with lots of 3-4 million power level players! Sadly, I have to agree with them, I loved ships when I started playing, but they are pointless now because of Hounds Tooth and M Falcon. I get meta shifts, and I get that there are ways to deal with Hound's Tooth, but it is inherently boring and dumb.... utterly dumb, to have characters that can literally get hit 10, 20 or 30 times in a row, and literally take ZERO damage. It might not be so bad if HT did not auto taunt so much. It's crazy, stun causes you to lose a turn.... removing turn meter slows you down, but Hound's Tooth is effectively stunning your entire team, over and over, till you get the right reinforcement or a lucky critical hit. Every shot that hits him, stacks his defense, which is a lost turn... so lose turn, lose turn, lose turn.... hope for the best. It's a really bad game concept and utterly stupid in practicality or reality.......
    Funny, that's almost exactly how I see RevanDome, er squad arena.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I used to love ships. Used to refresh ship battles daily just so I could play more battles, and would get to #1 and it was one of my favorite parts of the game

Then CG released 2.0 when it went from 5 to 3 starting ships, which drastically increased the effects of RNG on the outcome of fleet battles.

Then CG released two meta-manipulating ships (HT then HMF) to force players to either farm those two ships or fall in the rankings.

I now detest ships, fight 1 or 2 battles/day just to get into the top 50 for some free crystals and haven't refreshed in months. Ships, like many of the recent CG decisions in this game, have gone south.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I don’t like ships.
  • I love ships.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I dont mind ships but they missed a real opportunity to actually have a diversified meta with all of the reinforcement abilities. I shouldn’t say missed an opportunity. They ignored it and made Hans Falcon the meta.
  • I like ships. I think the biggest challenge with ships is that it really only has 2 applicable game modes. Once you get to a certain level, you're only really using them in Ship Arena and TW. Because of that, there's less theory crafting. People spend less time on it because there's less applicability. So you end up with most everyone running the same thing in arena, and you don't experience any other variance of the game mode because you only periodically use other ships in TW.

I hope once people start getting these newer ships to higher levels more diversity comes out. But this doesn't stop me from "liking" the game mode.
  • I too like the idea of ships. Fleet arena went south with ships 2.0. I've been in top 3 ship arena forever, Feb 2016 shard. Now, with 7* HT and 5* HMF, it's a chore to maintain top 10.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    For the first question, yes someone loves ship, i love ships. They are free crystals. It is easier to end first in ship arena than in character's arena... so i love ships

You only get easy first, because so many people don't like ships and therefore don't play activ.

awesome sample size
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I don’t like ships.

Your reasons are epic and extremely compelling
  • evoluza wrote: »

All the more reason to like ships - it's a heck of a lot less investment to rake in 400 crystals from fleet than it is to rake in 400 crystals from squad.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I don’t like ships.

They are frustrating and not any fun. So I don’t bother with them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I dont mind ships but they missed a real opportunity to actually have a diversified meta with all of the reinforcement abilities. I shouldn’t say missed an opportunity. They ignored it and made Hans Falcon the meta.

Excellent point. Agree 100%.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I don’t like ships.

They are frustrating and not any fun. So I don’t bother with them.

since HT and Falcon... I will agree with frustrating that AI advantage is killer in mirrors

• Gamorrean wrote: »
    I like the crystals, so yes

So, you like crystals, that does not mean you like ships.... I agree with a lot of people here who said the reason it's easier to get to top spots is because the pool of players competing in ships is much less.

Thanks everyone for the comments. It seems most of us overwhelmingly agree HT and HMF just ruined the event by removing all diversity creating a boring meta.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I used to love ships a LOT more pre-Falcon era. Ships was great fun. Ships was awesome. Ships had true Rock Paper scissors.

Falcon ruined Ships singlehandidly.

We finally got it going good after ships 2.0 came out and ruined ships

We finally got some good action.

Then the Falcon nation attacked.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I like the crystals, so yes

So, you like crystals, that does not mean you like ships.... I agree with a lot of people here who said the reason it's easier to get to top spots is because the pool of players competing in ships is much less.

Thanks everyone for the comments. It seems most of us overwhelmingly agree HT and HMF just ruined the event by removing all diversity creating a boring meta.

Honestly since Shuttle came out, a Vader/Shuttle combo makes swift Work of HT, Shuttle call- Special on Vader- Vader specials HT, Vader shoots HT, HT at near death with no tm and dots/buff immune.

Problem of course is the Falcon now, its the Falcon that really ruined things. HT was never really that bad. I used to beat it and come first all the time with Ahsoka's ship.

But all strats just went completely out the window when Falcon came out and ships became one meta team and nothing else. Making it totally boring.

Next time the Falcon comes out there will be no diversity in arena and EVERY single fight will be like Squad arena. Mirror matches from 200 to 1.