Darth Revan

13Next

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    Can we have Darth Malgus next?

Slow down, man. Rose fans would start to rage. We definitely need more generic Tusken toons first.
    How do you even suggest to have more iconic toons from OR before making Jawas arena viable? Revan already killed diversity, nerf him and buff the CUP for once!

They should stop old republic after!
    The game is swgoh not swgohotor!

Maybe one of the functions of the game is exactly that (as well as to promote all the other new stuff)
    https://geektyrant.com/news/latest-rumor-is-that-disney-is-talking-about-a-kotor-series-for-disney
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    Can we have Darth Malgus next?

Slow down, man. Rose fans would start to rage. We definitely need more generic Tusken toons first.
    How do you even suggest to have more iconic toons from OR before making Jawas arena viable? Revan already killed diversity, nerf him and buff the CUP for once!

They should stop old republic after!
    The game is swgoh not swgohotor!

Maybe one of the functions of the game is exactly that (as well as to promote all the other new stuff)
    https://geektyrant.com/news/latest-rumor-is-that-disney-is-talking-about-a-kotor-series-for-disney

Interesting idea, I am worried about the execution though. Not like I have disney+, or would get it just for this series, but I would like to see it, especially if it is good.
  • My only issue is the packs they put out. i believe i will probably be behind on Carth. For some reason they put 2 characters in one pack. Now I already have Cancerous at 7*. Will I be forking over $$$ for Carth?....nope.....why....because I don't need Cancerous. I'm willing to spend the 25-30$ to make sure Carth is ready but not willing to spend 50-60$ for Carth and shard shop currency. I'm not a business major or anything but this is not the way I would have went.
  • Reyalp wrote: »

I think sith marauder might be key, and either SA or SithTrooper. The Triumvirate are a seperate era, and although they don't look the same the others where part of Kotor. I wouldn't be surprised if marauder being log in toon isn't a hint that he might be useful for both Revan teams and a potential fleet event. Who knows, Revan might need potency up to be effective and that's where Marauder comes in

But sith marauder was just poorly made. His dmg is low, tm gain low, bonuses from buffs and debuffs are also low.
  • Rugged1 wrote: »
    My only issue is the packs they put out. i believe i will probably be behind on Carth. For some reason they put 2 characters in one pack. Now I already have Cancerous at 7*. Will I be forking over $$$ for Carth?....nope.....why....because I don't need Cancerous. I'm willing to spend the 25-30$ to make sure Carth is ready but not willing to spend 50-60$ for Carth and shard shop currency. I'm not a business major or anything but this is not the way I would have went.

That doesn't work from a consumer point of view. From a sales point of view, it makes sense, but only if the buyer knows the risks and is still willing to spend. For us, we wouldn't buy the packs, so their gains from us are equivalent to not having packs at all. I'm sure there are people out there who would spend the money for both a 7* character and shop currency.
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »

I think sith marauder might be key, and either SA or SithTrooper. The Triumvirate are a seperate era, and although they don't look the same the others where part of Kotor. I wouldn't be surprised if marauder being log in toon isn't a hint that he might be useful for both Revan teams and a potential fleet event. Who knows, Revan might need potency up to be effective and that's where Marauder comes in

But sith marauder was just poorly made. His dmg is low, tm gain low, bonuses from buffs and debuffs are also low.

They could rework Marauder. Dark Side Bastila is getting a rework and shes a newer character.
  • Honestly I usually just plan around getting these big meta defining toons on the second go round these days. Less stress that way. For example still working on bounty hunter ships for falcon next time around.

Could i have gotten these OR characters up there. Probably. Been working on the three I can without sacrificing my bounty hunter ships and they are coming along nicely for next round.

Also, if you are more into what's best for your guild. Unless you are in a guild where 5 to 10 are going to get Darth revan the first time it's probably not in your guilds best interest to get him the first time. That will just bump you up in match making for TW and really mess with your guilds chances...unless his kit ends up being horrible against everyone except JKR teams then your TW changes might still be balanced.

In other words what I'm trying to say is. Chill out, the stress these "panic farms" is causing some people is probably not good for you. But what do I know I'm not a doctor. Play the folks don't be the game.
    My only issue is the packs they put out. i believe i will probably be behind on Carth. For some reason they put 2 characters in one pack. Now I already have Cancerous at 7*. Will I be forking over $$$ for Carth?....nope.....why....because I don't need Cancerous. I'm willing to spend the 25-30$ to make sure Carth is ready but not willing to spend 50-60$ for Carth and shard shop currency. I'm not a business major or anything but this is not the way I would have went.

That doesn't work from a consumer point of view. From a sales point of view, it makes sense, but only if the buyer knows the risks and is still willing to spend. For us, we wouldn't buy the packs, so their gains from us are equivalent to not having packs at all. I'm sure there are people out there who would spend the money for both a 7* character and shop currency.

I have trouble believing that there is that many addicts willing to spend when they only need half of what's in the packs to make it more $$$ viable for CG/EA.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Rugged1 wrote: »

I have trouble believing that there is that many addicts willing to spend when they only need half of what's in the packs to make it more $$$ viable for CG/EA.

You underestimate the power of the darkside...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    One character from a single hard node and one character from a single hard fleet node.

Well played CG. Well played.

Begun, the whale milking has.

We've had waaaaaaay to much time to say this was a whale milking. I'm ftp and i already have the toons needed at 7 stars

No kidding......
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    One character from a single hard node and one character from a single hard fleet node.

We've had waaaaaaay to much time to say this was a whale milking. I'm ftp and i already have the toons needed at 7 stars

Yeah, no. Most guesses didn't have Carth on the list. And most f2p don't have all 5 anywhere near 7*. Like I said, whatever. I stopped caring 18 months ago when this path was set in motion.

You are nuts. You should have known it was highly, highly probable all the 2nd round of OR toons would be required for a Darth someone. And geedy EA slapping Carth on a 20 energy ship node should have been more or less confirmation. On my shard almost everyone in the top 50 has all the required toons at 6* or greater, and many of those are FTP.

I'll have all 7* prior to event start, and I have spent nothing other than arena winnings on this round of EA shenanigans.

The world is a wonderfully strange place. I am only offering an idea of why.

Yeah, no. Most guesses didn't have Carth on the list. And most f2p don't have all 5 anywhere near 7*. Like I said, whatever. I stopped caring 18 months ago when this path was set in motion.

You are nuts. You should have known it was highly, highly probable all the 2nd round of OR toons would be required for a Darth someone. And geedy EA slapping Carth on a 20 energy ship node should have been more or less confirmation. On my shard almost everyone in the top 50 has all the required toons at 6* or greater, and many of those are FTP.

How many refreshes did they buy every day? I have been farming since they became available, but I have not purchased a pack or refreshes and I am not going to have 3 characters ready at 7*, but I realize that is on me.

Lol where in the world does this “most guesses didnt have carth on the list” come from. It’s clear from their pattern and the hints that carth would definitely be needed.

My f2p alt is at ~20/100 and -30/100 for juhani and carth and is set to 7* both midway through the event. So yea, it’s f2p doable.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member

How many refreshes did they buy every day? I have been farming since they became available, but I have not purchased a pack or refreshes and I am not going to have 3 characters ready at 7*, but I realize that is on me.

Been buying 2 x Refreshes on Carth and Juhanni each for a total of 24 sims a day or average of 8 shards a day ever since they were available for farming. They look to be on track to hit 7* by the 7th day of the event, or at most a few shipments to supplement.

I bought the 25/50 refreshes.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

Been buying 2 x Refreshes on Carth and Juhanni each for a total of 24 sims a day or average of 8 shards a day ever since they were available for farming. They look to be on track to hit 7* by the 7th day of the event, or at most a few shipments to supplement.

I bought the 25/50 refreshes.

Thanks. Maybe next time I will spend. Personally, I have been focusing on other areas.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    It is f2p, but probably only for guys who rank in top 5 of both arenas. I am 1 in squad and 4 in fleet, so a 825+90 Crystal a day income is helpful.

I have spent only 800 crystals a day, 425 on Juhani and 375 on Carth, all refreshes, and am 77/100 Juhani and 81/100 Carth. I also am at 26/85 of Ebon Hawk.

But, in order to be where I am in my farming I needed those crystals from arena and I needed to have started/finished Canderous and Badstila before Juhani and Carth became farmable.

TL;DR: It is farmable if you get top spots in arenas and if you read the signs correctly.