Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Am I the only person who really likes this change? The way it's worded looks like it is giving 5% turn meter per resistance ally, that is only 10% less than before, plus you are taking away 15% if you run a full resistance team. Not only that, their hits will actually deal a reasonable amount of damage. 60% offence boost is insane, as well as them landing exposes with that 60% potency. Both of his damaging attacks are gonna start hitting like a truck, especially in raids. And his hold the line will FINALLY not be the worst mass cleanse in the game. I use him in p1 of the str since my RT is only 5 stars right now. I only have the roll with the punches zeta on bb8 and he always dies from nihlus hitting through protection since illuminated destiny only heals protection. Now finn will be able to help keep everyone alive, this is such a good change. You guys keep saying that this is like buying a car and then two years later they take it away, but there is something you are missing. Zeta's don't cost money, this is a free to play game and one of the few parts of the game that can't be bought. It has cost you literally nothing to get him zeta'd. I think a better metaphor would be this; someone gives you a plant for free. The plant is very healthy and nice to look at. A few weeks later the plant dies, you go back to that person and tell them you want a new plant. These are just my thoughts, so good job CG, you have made an awesome game and I fully approve of this rework. Finn's mechanics were the dumbest thing in this game until Revan. So I give this a thumbs up!

No a better analogy would be you buy a plant, not get it free , since you had to work to get the zeta, then the person you bought it from. kills it, and says sorry we wont replace the plant we intentionally killed that was fine before. That would be a better analogy. And if you cant understand how this is a nerf , not a buff , then just wow. Enjoy yourself
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Am I the only person who really likes this change? The way it's worded looks like it is giving 5% turn meter per resistance ally, that is only 10% less than before, plus you are taking away 15% if you run a full resistance team. Not only that, their hits will actually deal a reasonable amount of damage. 60% offence boost is insane, as well as them landing exposes with that 60% potency. Both of his damaging attacks are gonna start hitting like a truck, especially in raids. And his hold the line will FINALLY not be the worst mass cleanse in the game. I use him in p1 of the str since my RT is only 5 stars right now. I only have the roll with the punches zeta on bb8 and he always dies from nihlus hitting through protection since illuminated destiny only heals protection. Now finn will be able to help keep everyone alive, this is such a good change. You guys keep saying that this is like buying a car and then two years later they take it away, but there is something you are missing. Zeta's don't cost money, this is a free to play game and one of the few parts of the game that can't be bought. It has cost you literally nothing to get him zeta'd. I think a better metaphor would be this; someone gives you a plant for free. The plant is very healthy and nice to look at. A few weeks later the plant dies, you go back to that person and tell them you want a new plant. These are just my thoughts, so good job CG, you have made an awesome game and I fully approve of this rework. Finn's mechanics were the dumbest thing in this game until Revan. So I give this a thumbs up!

Your numbers are wrong. It's 3% TM per resistance ally, so 15% TM gain per expose hit.

Currently, you need to hit 3 exposes to get all resistance allies to 100% TM. The new mechanic requires 7 hits to exposed enemies to get there.
  • Am I the only person who really likes this change? The way it's worded looks like it is giving 5% turn meter per resistance ally, that is only 10% less than before, plus you are taking away 15% if you run a full resistance team. Not only that, their hits will actually deal a reasonable amount of damage. 60% offence boost is insane, as well as them landing exposes with that 60% potency. Both of his damaging attacks are gonna start hitting like a truck, especially in raids. And his hold the line will FINALLY not be the worst mass cleanse in the game. I use him in p1 of the str since my RT is only 5 stars right now. I only have the roll with the punches zeta on bb8 and he always dies from nihlus hitting through protection since illuminated destiny only heals protection. Now finn will be able to help keep everyone alive, this is such a good change. You guys keep saying that this is like buying a car and then two years later they take it away, but there is something you are missing. Zeta's don't cost money, this is a free to play game and one of the few parts of the game that can't be bought. It has cost you literally nothing to get him zeta'd. I think a better metaphor would be this; someone gives you a plant for free. The plant is very healthy and nice to look at. A few weeks later the plant dies, you go back to that person and tell them you want a new plant. These are just my thoughts, so good job CG, you have made an awesome game and I fully approve of this rework. Finn's mechanics were the dumbest thing in this game until Revan. So I give this a thumbs up!

No a better analogy would be you buy a plant, not get it free , since you had to work to get the zeta, then the person you bought it from. kills it, and says sorry we wont replace the plant we intentionally killed that was fine before. That would be a better analogy. And if you cant understand how this is a nerf , not a buff , then just wow. Enjoy yourself

That's still not buying it... It really isn't work to get a zeta, it is just time passing while you sim the events to get them. There is also no way this is possibly a nerf, there is one leader who is close to that offense, nihlus. He does provide 60% more offense, at the cost of no crits. Same with the potency, if his leadership before wasn't as ridiculous as it was, people would be freaking out at these insane bonuses. The only difference is 10% turn meter less that they gain, but they are pushing that back on the opponents with taking away 15%. And if any character was released that would make characters as low grade as poe and resistance pilot be able to beat a team without them taking a turn, people would freak out. You need to gain some perspective rather than joining in the wave of mindless, ignorant complaining. Also I will enjoy myself, because I know how to enjoy a game rather than just complain about getting an imaginary currency back.
  • I would like to know this as well.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    Am I the only person who really likes this change? The way it's worded looks like it is giving 5% turn meter per resistance ally, that is only 10% less than before, plus you are taking away 15% if you run a full resistance team. Not only that, their hits will actually deal a reasonable amount of damage. 60% offence boost is insane, as well as them landing exposes with that 60% potency. Both of his damaging attacks are gonna start hitting like a truck, especially in raids. And his hold the line will FINALLY not be the worst mass cleanse in the game. I use him in p1 of the str since my RT is only 5 stars right now. I only have the roll with the punches zeta on bb8 and he always dies from nihlus hitting through protection since illuminated destiny only heals protection. Now finn will be able to help keep everyone alive, this is such a good change. You guys keep saying that this is like buying a car and then two years later they take it away, but there is something you are missing. Zeta's don't cost money, this is a free to play game and one of the few parts of the game that can't be bought. It has cost you literally nothing to get him zeta'd. I think a better metaphor would be this; someone gives you a plant for free. The plant is very healthy and nice to look at. A few weeks later the plant dies, you go back to that person and tell them you want a new plant. These are just my thoughts, so good job CG, you have made an awesome game and I fully approve of this rework. Finn's mechanics were the dumbest thing in this game until Revan. So I give this a thumbs up!

Your numbers are wrong. It's 3% TM per resistance ally, so 15% TM gain per expose hit.

Currently, you need to hit 3 exposes to get all resistance allies to 100% TM. The new mechanic requires 7 hits to exposed enemies to get there.

Whoops I got the two figures mixed. Either way, you are still taking away 25% turn meter and gaining 15%. It would still have an almost identical effect as how it is. My Poe is currently at 76.81% potency with 225 speed. This means he will have nearly 140% potency so there shouldn't be issues getting that turn meter reduction, from the leadership as well as poes special. People keep saying it will get resisted but it is the same as the exposes before, except now the exposes are so much easier to land.
  • i don’t mind the way the rework looks, i just think that, like many people on here, the zeta should be refunded after, say a week. This gives people time to try out the new finn in raids and arena. This would then mean that there would be no complains to the game changers for sucking up to cg or ea, and if, when the zeta gets refunded, they still don’t like it, then fine. They gave it a ****. If they do like it, however, then no harm done, they just put it back on Finn...
    I don’t think that everyone should be given a free zeta though, like Edison said. good idea, but people that haven’t put it on finn get rewarded for something they didn’t even do. Like not participating in a race, but still getting a medal after...
    Other than that, great speech.
  • This thread, hilarious as it is (like two pages discussing zFinn on defense), went off the point.

And the point is: lay off Finn. Refund zeta if you don't.

That's still not buying it... It really isn't work to get a zeta, it is just time passing while you sim the events to get them. There is also no way this is possibly a nerf, there is one leader who is close to that offense, nihlus. He does provide 60% more offense, at the cost of no crits. Same with the potency, if his leadership before wasn't as ridiculous as it was, people would be freaking out at these insane bonuses. The only difference is 10% turn meter less that they gain, but they are pushing that back on the opponents with taking away 15%. And if any character was released that would make characters as low grade as poe and resistance pilot be able to beat a team without them taking a turn, people would freak out. You need to gain some perspective rather than joining in the wave of mindless, ignorant complaining. Also I will enjoy myself, because I know how to enjoy a game rather than just complain about getting an imaginary currency back.

Offense is useless when all your squishy resistance toons are dead lol, and people spend actual money on this game , spent for crystals to get my ships up to get the ability to buy zeta mats , so maybe you didnt spend real currency , but plenty of people did. Its a red herring argument , try again please.
  • mvmss wrote: »

Whoops I got the two figures mixed. Either way, you are still taking away 25% turn meter and gaining 15%. It would still have an almost identical effect as how it is. My Poe is currently at 76.81% potency with 225 speed. This means he will have nearly 140% potency so there shouldn't be issues getting that turn meter reduction, from the leadership as well as poes special. People keep saying it will get resisted but it is the same as the exposes before, except now the exposes are so much easier to land.

If your Poe is 225 speed you really haven't been dealing with top of the arena tables have you?
    It will be resisted, simple as that

Offense is useless when all your squishy resistance toons are dead lol, and people spend actual money on this game , spent for crystals to get my ships up to get the ability to buy zeta mats , so maybe you didnt spend real currency , but plenty of people did. Its a red herring argument , try again please.

The requirement of ships to get zetas is so minimal you should have your ships that strong easily without crystals
  • Flugsvamp wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »

If your Poe is 225 speed you really haven't been dealing with top of the arena tables have you?
    It will be resisted, simple as that

I don't use Poe in arena because he is useless on defense. But you are missing the point, I can remove my potency sets for speed and actually take time to find good secondary speeds stats and still have good potency because that is an insane amount for a leader to offer.

The requirement of ships to get zetas is so minimal you should have your ships that strong easily without crystals

Again , not when you are just starting lol, stop trying to defend a silly position. People spent real money on this game which de bunks your made up currency argument. Find a new one to try and defend this garbage.
  • Am I the only person who really likes this change? ... And his hold the line will FINALLY not be the worst mass cleanse in the game. Now finn will be able to help keep everyone alive, this is such a good change. These are just my thoughts, so good job CG, you have made an awesome game and I fully approve of this rework. Finn's mechanics were the dumbest thing in this game until Revan. So I give this a thumbs up!

Walrus, you make good points and I'm with you bud. This is a great change and healthy for the game.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    At least we finally got an answer to why zFinn rework hasn't happened yet.
    So when, in our judgment, we weren’t able to improve or have changed the core identity of a character with a rework, our intention is to offer some kind of makegood. This may come in the form of a zeta refund (Old Daka) or ability refund (HK-47), or something entirely different. We will try to communicate these intentions at the time of the rework’s announcement so you can plan accordingly.
    And you don't think zFinn isn't a more significant change than Old Daka?
  • Solution? change leader for "....whenever an enemy takes damage from Expose, caused by a resistance ally, reduce the cooldowns of all Resistance allies by 1 and grant them 35% Turn Meter"?

Like, a ally atack enemy with expose, only if be resistance, leader abillity work?

Prevent loops for damage for expose caused for rebels. Finn would work just like before C3PO, when was only used with resistance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I didn't mention any compensation specifically for zFinn because we found additional issues. We will re-evaluate his refund status once we know how we intend to fix him.

In short, it's not off the table but we will decide once we know the scope of the changes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198217/upcoming-character-changes#latest
    this seems pretty clear that the previous blanket decision about there not being a refund has been changed. so we can all wait to see what the future brings and the new decision based on that situation.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Thanks for the quick response. Love the answer
  • I knew his kit looked game breaking in P1. Sad I never got to try it. Good job CG for properly play testing and catching the issue ahead of time.
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    I knew his kit looked game breaking in P1. Sad I never got to try it. Good job CG for properly play testing and catching the issue ahead of time.

Finn wasn’t the issue. They made c3po so dam powerful for a protocol droid and his syng wth Finn won. Or broke the game in their words.
  • Yes but his new kit was broken for P1
    I knew his kit looked game breaking in P1. Sad I never got to try it. Good job CG for properly play testing and catching the issue ahead of time.

I knew we would be able to do a ton of damage. But I’ll admit I don’t see an actual infinite loop. Now it’s driving me crazy that I’m missing it. Anyone know what the loop was?
  • I am happy that they've taken the second pass at it, and now a third. This shows they care.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

I knew we would be able to do a ton of damage. But I’ll admit I don’t see an actual infinite loop. Now it’s driving me crazy that I’m missing it. Anyone know what the loop was?

Probably the TM reduction to DN and gain to resistance, coupled with RJT and RT?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Probably the TM reduction to DN and gain to resistance, coupled with RJT and RT?

Que "Yaketty Sax" (Benny Hill music) and watch them go!
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    So. The Finn rework still causes a loop according to CG. This raises a very important question on the state of the game: who really is to blame for this?
    Finn needed an updated kit so he could be better overall, but the leadership kind of ruined his zeta charm.
    C-3P0 provides an excellent synergy between teams and makes Rebels somewhat relevant when compared to Revan/Treya currently.
    The Sith Raid provides essential gear, though can be a bit Grundy (see: Phase 2 being shut down almost instantly but Phase 3/4 taking the longest).
    Where do you think the fault lies? How would you change up the game? And where would that leave it for the rest of the players?
    It's a hard question, and CG doesn't seem to have the answers currently. To be frank, neither do we. But something is wrong, and once that fault is found it should be removed immediately.
    So who really is to blame: Finn, C-3P0 or the Sith Raid?
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • I blame CG.
  • yuuzhanron
    174 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I blame the Sith raid. It is too protected. First it got the expose mechanic nerfed because JTR could thrive, eventually caused a rework to NS Zombie (even though there was about a million threads complaining or at the very least asking if it was even right), and now it's getting Finn changed.
    Post edited by yuuzhanron on
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Someone protects p3 like it is their firstborn, as if changing it is anathema and antithetical. No, everyone else must change around. My baby is perfect!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
This discussion has been closed.