Hks leadership

Prev13
His leadership was the only reason I geared more than 5 droids to gear 12+3. Now you are changing it. Yea I’ll take more than my 3 omegas back. Give me my $300 back and all my droid zetas.

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Didn't take long
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I'm expecting this fire to burn for awhile, especially if his new leadership renders droids unplayable as a pure faction. I mean you could use Lobot or 88, but the former has little versatility and the later is often used in Bounty Hunter teams.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    L3 should be the ultimate droid leader tbh. She fought and died for droid rights.
  • I feel like every droid released after HK was designed to not make him insanely effective so now what?
  • If HK-47’s was so overpowered wouldn’t droids be meta or game breaking right now? How is releasing Darth Revan (not a droid) causing HK-47’s leadership to become a priority to remove due to becoming overpowered?
  • HK's synergy with Darth Revan is probably going to be so good that it would be a criminal waste of resources to use him as a leader anyway.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    HK leader ability is so OP compared to oh I dont know? Revans? Give me a break.....absolutely asinine
  • Hk with droids is great on offense in tw/grand arena. Arena isn’t the only part of the game. I don’t care what the synergy is with Darth Revan. That isn’t the point at all.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    HK leader ability is so OP compared to oh I dont know? Revans? Give me a break.....absolutely asinine

Well, according to your repeated posts, we aren't getting Darth Revan any time soon anyway, so maybe they can just go ahead and leave HK how he is!
  • With all those crit immunity, crit avoidance mods, anti crit leaders (even rex xD) and also zarris i cant see how a heavy crit based leader like HK could be a problem... Unless u release a mega powercreeped droid or something :S and noone want powercreep in this way so i cant see the problem with his leader xD

Also if u destroy a leader skill in a toon it have no sense to refund the mats just for this skill, u must at least refund gear/mats/credits and leave the toon lvl 1, but if its HK (the only viable droid leader until a month ago) u should refund the gear/mats/credits for the whole droid faction lol
  • My guess is that HK’s leadership will be overpowered when combined with...HK-47’s rework. That’s kind of what they implied. Like imagine if he had an AOE like Lando’s, could spam infinite turns as long as your opponents have 2 or more toons alive.
  • My guess is that HK’s leadership will be overpowered when combined with...HK-47’s rework. That’s kind of what they implied. Like imagine if he had an AOE like Lando’s, could spam infinite turns as long as your opponents have 2 or more toons alive.

Simple solution to something like that. It’s why Kylo can’t crit with his aoe.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

Well, according to your repeated posts, we aren't getting Darth Revan any time soon anyway, so maybe they can just go ahead and leave HK how he is!

Glad I have so many devoted followers lol....but throwing pie in my face aside( I'm a big man so I can take due ribbing) I would much prefer he stays as is vs nerfing his leader ability

Btw....despite my prediction I am ready for the Darth when he drops....I'm a hater of KOTOR but a fan of star wars so i will grudgingly use him as long as he is meta
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dathca wrote: »
    My guess is that HK’s leadership will be overpowered when combined with...HK-47’s rework. That’s kind of what they implied. Like imagine if he had an AOE like Lando’s, could spam infinite turns as long as your opponents have 2 or more toons alive.

but that is also what they were pointing out. they would have to make toons that wouldn't synergize with HK.

I am torn, I love my droids and i think they are a solid faction, but HK is super limited in what teams he can counter due to being so reliant on TM gain and critting. I just dont think they will make him good enough to really matter, and any loss in their synergy will just leave them in the nether.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My guess is that HK’s leadership will be overpowered when combined with...HK-47’s rework. That’s kind of what they implied. Like imagine if he had an AOE like Lando’s, could spam infinite turns as long as your opponents have 2 or more toons alive.
    From what they said, it sounded like it would not make him broken, but they would have to balance every droid’s kit that they release from now on with HK’s lead. That’s why B1 and Droideka can’t get crits like other characters.
  • I friggin love how they just started taking the axe to solid and very old kits just to protect their new releases. Also love their apparent hate-**** for droids.
  • of all the droids there isnt one legit leader for them except arguably hk. I say arguably because while his leader ability is an awesome droid leadership, the rest of his kit takes away from it. hes basically like rex. good lead w terrible everything else. except rex can cleanse at least. what are you thinking cg? that's right! you weren't thinking! you're never thinking :(
  • They take HK, an age-old character for the game who was THE droid lead. They destroy everything that made him a leader for droids just to give him the BB-8 treatment and make him a slave to serve their shiny new Revan, who will be meta for months. Sure, they refund the small amount of ability mats on his lead, but not the gear one put into HK, or the gear for the other 4 droids in a droid squad who are now left without a leader.
  • Maybe wait and see what his new leader ability is before you riot?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Give Lobot HKs leadership power in addition to his current one
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Maybe wait and see what his new leader ability is before you riot?
    They are offering a refund for it. That means that even CG admits that it is not good.

• As a droid user since the release of this game three years ago, this is the quickest way to make me quit the game.

First CG promises Separatists to perform "above expectations" and the team flops. Now they are taking away our HK lead, the only pure droid lead we have.

I cannot believe you could possibly stoop this low as to outright attack droid users like this twice in the space of one month. This game has become just another indictment against an EA game.

Dishonor on you, dishonor on your family, dishonor on your cow, CG.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • The real losers are the majority of players who won't be getting revan and have hk47. He's basically just being nerfed for us
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Now I understand why B1 can't crit. It's to prevent him to gain 50%tm everytime he assists a separatist ally under 47's lead and gain more and more stacks.

So as hk's leadership will be reworked can you rework the b1 aswell to add him critical chances ?
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    Now I understand why B1 can't crit. It's to prevent him to gain 50%tm everytime he assists a separatist ally under 47's lead and gain more and more stacks.

So as hk's leadership will be reworked can you rework the b1 aswell to add him critical chances ?

lol very good point. if we are being politically correct and all, this should need to be done too.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    Maybe wait and see what his new leader ability is before you riot?

Fixed that for common forum etiquette. :wink:

I agree, but a complete rework at this point in the game, either has to make him a solid counter to the upcoming meta, or its just going to be meh. I feel like they will make him fine, hopefully as good as he is now, but with the plan of him being in a holding pattern for future releases.
  • Kyno wrote: »

but that is also what they were pointing out. they would have to make toons that wouldn't synergize with HK.

I am torn, I love my droids and i think they are a solid faction, but HK is super limited in what teams he can counter due to being so reliant on TM gain and critting. I just dont think they will make him good enough to really matter, and any loss in their synergy will just leave them in the nether.

And I’m quite sure paired with Traya, Sion, and Nilly, Darth Revan And Fallen Bastila are gonna be the real new meta.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

And I’m quite sure paired with Traya, Sion, and Nilly, Darth Revan And Fallen Bastila are gonna be the real new meta.

yeah which is why i said later, i feel like he will be good, but really just in a holding pattern for later releases of new droids.
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member

Doubt it, I think HK will provide the team with a very important synergy. But, 2 of the 3 will most likely be on the team. But we will see....Ordo might be useful as well...
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

yeah which is why i said later, i feel like he will be good, but really just in a holding pattern for later releases of new droids.

@Kyno just confirmed new droids are coming! Wohoo!