HK-47 rework

Prev1
did i understand right?
his leader ability gets a kind of „downgrade“?

:-(

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Yup
  • Where is this info found?
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    I haven't seen it. Where was it posted?
  • mvmss wrote: »
    I haven't seen it. Where was it posted?
    Where is this info found?
    In the announcements.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198217/upcoming-character-changes#latest
  • I read it to mean his current lead ability is being redone. Out with the old, in with the new.
  • with the time i fear the friday dev announcements...
  • Well, darn. The more I think about it the more I feel droid hate.
  • Well, darn. The more I think about it the more I feel droid hate.

Interjection... ;)
  • They did say droids would be meta, they said that in the t3m4 kit reveal ithink
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Man I can't wait
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It's another TM nerf very similiar to Finn. :( This time they are offering material returns (Which they REALLY need to do with Finn as well, and are apparently now considering, finally), but it was only an omega so whoop de do, the real crime is the nerf which many suspected and dreaded when it was leaked. So much for the droids...
  • Changing HK finally for this stupid Revan stuff is so wrong.... It wasnt OP cause HK was super outdated compared to his solid but simple lead and most droids arent strong enough on their own and it was already No easy task to balance a HK Team with the right amount of damage and other abilities to control/finish the fight since newer Teams are more durable.

I mean:
    a) droids with HK wasnt Meta, even after GG Rework
    b) L3 missed a Leader ability
    c) C3PO offers nothing for droids and is the last named Droid (Legend) for the game too
    d) 4-LOM wasnt at Long BH pass so expect he never comes
    e) Grievous Rework wasnt as good as expected and still aims clearly for seperatist droids
    f) HK crit lead was already countered in many ways GK, Zarris, Rex, even Biggs at old days and Run vs Something than CLS now is a Nightmare too
    g) that leaves JTR as best droid lead which is mostly for LS Droids and a big fail Design at Lore anyway
    i) leaving us with IG88, Poggle, Nebit... C'mon CG...
  • They're so incompetent I'm not surprised.
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    Imho CG tries to remove all high volume turn meter manipulation from all leader skills, because each one of them may lead to infinite loop under certain conditions. This is a design flaw that exist in Swgoh from the very beginning and now they’re just trying to fix it to prevent more trouble in the future. Personally I would love to see all turn meter manipulation and speed in mods removed - some characters are supposed to be slower to compensate for high damage, powerful skill, etc. Then we would have good strategy game instead of „gimme moar crazy high speeed mods”. Can’t wait to get my +0 speed Droideka to 7* ;)
  • Kudlaty wrote: »
    Imho CG tries to remove all high volume turn meter manipulation from all leader skills, because each one of them may lead to infinite loop under certain conditions. This is a design flaw that exist in Swgoh from the very beginning and now they’re just trying to fix it to prevent more trouble in the future. Personally I would love to see all turn meter manipulation and speed in mods removed - some characters are supposed to be slower to compensate for high damage, powerful skill, etc. Then we would have good strategy game instead of „gimme moar crazy high speeed mods”. Can’t wait to get my +0 speed Droideka to 7* ;)

Yeah but there is no HK raid breaking loop, its a droid specific lead and there are no legendary or even main movie droids really left to release... so why tackle a non-issue when there are so many actual issues with the game?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I have to disagree. HK was no fan of other droids, and apart from TM, didn't actually work with other droids. He was created by Revan and therefore should align with Revan. The addition of him in the original game is the oversight (the 'oh we should add some droids in. Does anyone know any other than R2 & 3po' moment) - now meaning he needs to be changed now as more characters have been added. This seems logical to me.

The other point is, that droids on there own shouldn't really constitute a faction (sorry fan boys) unless it's GG led era. IG for example is a bounty hunter who happens to be a droid, R2 again is a droid but assists the rebels. GG, B1, B2, Droideka and Magnaguard are the only real 'droids faction' and they've been synergised as such.

It's also clear that if they are giving us the leader mats back he won't be a leader any longer. Expect the rework to change his lead to a zeta unique and add another unique in
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    GG, B1, B2, Droideka and Magnaguard are the only real 'droids' and they've been synergised as such.

Fun fact - GG isn't even a droid, he is from a species known as the Kaleesh.
  • And technically a cyborg hence his beating heart and lungs
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    I have to disagree. HK was no fan of other droids, and apart from TM, didn't actually work with other droids. He was created by Revan and therefore should align with Revan. The addition of him in the original game is the oversight (the 'oh we should add some droids in. Does anyone know any other than R2 & 3po' moment) - now meaning he needs to be changed now as more characters have been added. This seems logical to me.

The other point is, that droids on there own shouldn't really constitute a faction (sorry fan boys) unless it's GG led era. IG for example is a bounty hunter who happens to be a droid, R2 again is a droid but assists the rebels. GG, B1, B2, Droideka and Magnaguard are the only real 'droids faction' and they've been synergised as such.

It's also clear that if they are giving us the leader mats back he won't be a leader any longer. Expect the rework to change his lead to a zeta unique and add another unique in

Well, I both agree and disagree here. By that logic, you shouldn't be able to make scoundrel teams either, or combine bounty hunters from different eras (or include bounty hunters who mostly worked alone).

And while it's true that most of the droids in the game have different faction alignments and come from different eras, they all still function on binary computer language, meaning there is nothing else than their software stopping them from integrating with eachothers' strenghts. Actually, if there wasn't any barrier in their masters' programming, they would have the perfect synergy with eachother. Kind of like how IG88 went rampant, and integrated himself with IG2000.
  • Mucro wrote: »

Well, I both agree and disagree here. By that logic, you shouldn't be able to make scoundrel teams either, or combine bounty hunters from different eras (or include bounty hunters who mostly worked alone).

And while it's true that most of the droids in the game have different faction alignments and come from different eras, they all still function on binary computer language, meaning there is nothing else than their software stopping them from integrating with eachothers' strenghts. Actually, if there wasn't any barrier in their masters' programming, they would have the perfect synergy with eachother. Kind of like how IG88 went rampant, and integrated himself with IG2000.

Its the purpose and lack of motivation which makes a difference to me.
    Would BHs work together to hunt down a particularly valueable target? Sure.
    Would the droids come together and fight together for any reason? Not really. Maybe the light side droids, to go on a mission against the empire. But light and dark side droids? I just dont see that happening.
  • Reyalp wrote: »

Yeah but even Grievous Rework wasnt as expected and IG88 lead his droid copies.

L3 lead a Droid Rebellion and died for it and has no lead (big Point @CG) and it is a shame a faction with 16 characters (Not many left that arent already in the Game and are Leader Material too) are only s Support Cast now besides that long awaited but not so hot Seperatist Rework (Grievous also wasnt OP under HK)
  • IG75 wrote: »
    GG, B1, B2, Droideka and Magnaguard are the only real 'droids' and they've been synergised as such.

Fun fact - GG isn't even a droid, he is from a species known as the Kaleesh.

Right?
    If he has a droid tag, then by that logic, so should Darth Vadar. Grevious was the early experiment that lead to vadar's bionic suit.
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Analysis: It would appear that my primary assassination protocols have been tampered with, Master.
    Inquiry: Do you think it will make me a better assassin, Master?
    Declaration: If not, I will enjoy tearing those meatbags apart for putting their filthy fleshy hands on me.
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    They did say droids would be meta, they said that in the t3m4 kit reveal ithink

Actually...they didn't. They said "T3-M4 synergizes very well with other droids, but although we expect them to rise in utility, we don't expect them to be meta dominant...at least for now." That does not equal "droids will become meta dominant" or "we guarantee that droids will become meta dominant".
  • Analysis: It would appear that my primary assassination protocols have been tampered with, Master.
    Inquiry: Do you think it will make me a better assassin, Master?
    Declaration: If not, I will enjoy tearing those meatbags apart for putting their filthy fleshy hands on me.

This
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    They did say droids would be meta, they said that in the t3m4 kit reveal ithink

Actually...they didn't. They said "T3-M4 synergizes very well with other droids, but although we expect them to rise in utility, we don't expect them to be meta dominant...at least for now." That does not equal "droids will become meta dominant" or "we guarantee that droids will become meta dominant".

THANK YOU!

This has to be one of the most misread comments I’ve ever seen. Big time lack of reading comprehension happening with that CG quote
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    Changing HK finally for this stupid Revan stuff is so wrong.... It wasnt OP cause HK was super outdated compared to his solid but simple lead and most droids arent strong enough on their own and it was already No easy task to balance a HK Team with the right amount of damage and other abilities to control/finish the fight since newer Teams are more durable.

I mean:
    a) droids with HK wasnt Meta, even after GG Rework
    b) L3 missed a Leader ability
    c) C3PO offers nothing for droids and is the last named Droid (Legend) for the game too
    d) 4-LOM wasnt at Long BH pass so expect he never comes
    e) Grievous Rework wasnt as good as expected and still aims clearly for seperatist droids
    f) HK crit lead was already countered in many ways GK, Zarris, Rex, even Biggs at old days and Run vs Something than CLS now is a Nightmare too
    g) that leaves JTR as best droid lead which is mostly for LS Droids and a big fail Design at Lore anyway
    i) leaving us with IG88, Poggle, Nebit... C'mon CG...

How does nobody understand this dev message? Is it really so difficult?

Nobody is saying HK and droids are currently OP. Currently. This leadership rework is to prevent the same nonsense Finn lead can create prior to his rework. And his leadership design is likely the reason for most of the other problems you listed. Let's go through them one at a time.

A) Droids with HK aren't meta, even after GG rework. Perhaps the GG rework was so complicated and weak because of HK's leadership? If the devs are afraid of making him create infinite loops, they would've had to jump through hoops to make sep. droids avoid that interaction.

B) L3 missed a leader ability. This one's unrelated, I'll grant that.

C) C-3PO adds nothing for droids. This could easily be because the devs didn't want to create game breaking loops with him under HK.

D) 4-LOM wasn't in the Bounty Hunter pass. Very easily explained by not wanting to create a character that could cause problems under HK. Bounty Hunters are known for AoEs and Crits. Both would make him ideal for HK. If he had anything useful in his kit, it would stand out on droids.

E) GG Rework wasn't as good as expected. See part A.

F) HK lead was already countered in many ways. True. His time came and went in the meta long ago. But these counters are easily addressed with a simple character addition. Say, a droid that guarantees critical hits, and prevents TM gain outside of speed for its enemies.

G) JTR is the best droid lead(?) JTR is a Resistance lead. She doesn't lead droids. They might be good when used under her, but they're not led by her.

I(H, really) Leaving us with IG-88, Poggle, Nebit... Not sure what you're trying to say, here. HK lead rework will leave these characters as useless? They are ancient. They should either get reworked (something that might happen, eventually, because HK is changing his lead), or become useless. That's the nature of the game. If you thought there wouldn't be forced obsolescence, you're playing the wrong game. Freemium games always, always, make older stuff obsolete eventually.

To add to this, you haven't even seen the kit. They said they want to change the leadership to avoid difficulties designing droid characters, or reworking them, in the future. To me, that doesn't mean it'll be a ruined lead, just different. Instead of granting droids turn meter on criticals, perhaps it'll grant droids ramping offense with criticals. Or ramping speed, even. Something that isn't completely broken by being a loop.

His current leader ability is so open ended, it doesn't take a genius to see how easily it could be broken, given the right character. Even a character as simple as Snowtrooper is completely broken under HK, if he is a droid. Can't you see how limiting that is to the faction as a whole?
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Also, HK shouldn't even be the droid leader. He's not a leader, he's an assassin. Let him become the murder murderbot he was always supposed to be.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Also, HK shouldn't even be the droid leader. He's not a leader, he's an assassin. Let him become the murder murderbot he was always supposed to be.
    All of the BHs worked alone and shouldn’t be leaders. Farmboy Luke or Old Ben never led anything. Heck, even CLS was not a leader. That line of reasoning is flawed, because so many of our leaders in game were not leaders in-universe.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Corrog wrote: »
    All of the BHs worked alone and shouldn’t be leaders. Farmboy Luke or Old Ben never led anything. Heck, even CLS was not a leader. That line of reasoning is flawed, because so many of our leaders in game were not leaders in-universe.

Well, the word Commander has a "subtle" hint to being a leader. By the Empire strikes back, Luke was a leading member of the rebellion.
    There are also several CW episodes where BHs are teaming up.

You are spot on about OB and especially Farmboy though. Finn too, on that matter.
This discussion has been closed.