Hks leadership

Replies

• NicWester wrote: »
    Maybe wait and see what his new leader ability is before you riot?

You make a good point, but then again you have to ask yourself why CG would release a message warning us about the HK leadership rework if it wasn't going to permanently damage the way droids function. They are only going to refund one leader ability, but this will impact the effectiveness of half of my most geared toons. Am I supposed to request they refund me for my entire roster choices when I can no longer use my various toon comps in TW, TB, Arena, Raids?

That seems both unlikely and unfair for both myself and CG.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dathca wrote: »
    My guess is that HK’s leadership will be overpowered when combined with...HK-47’s rework. That’s kind of what they implied. Like imagine if he had an AOE like Lando’s, could spam infinite turns as long as your opponents have 2 or more toons alive.

Simple solution to something like that. It’s why Kylo can’t crit with his aoe.

but that is also what they were pointing out. they would have to make toons that wouldn't synergize with HK.

I am torn, I love my droids and i think they are a solid faction, but HK is super limited in what teams he can counter due to being so reliant on TM gain and critting. I just dont think they will make him good enough to really matter, and any loss in their synergy will just leave them in the nether.

And I’m quite sure paired with Traya, Sion, and Nilly, Darth Revan And Fallen Bastila are gonna be the real new meta.

Doubt it, I think HK will provide the team with a very important synergy. But, 2 of the 3 will most likely be on the team. But we will see....Ordo might be useful as well...

He will be so OP you will only need DR, HK, and DBas.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So they are also gutting HK's awesome lead?

He was THE leader for Droids. And still is.

A HK led team with Droideka could beat Revan.

OR AGAIN IS THAT WHY THIS IS HAPPENING.

Edit: Seriously I love my droid squad it is so good for GA... Please just leave his lead as is and change the rest of the kit, as you should be doing with Finn.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    So they are also gutting HK's awesome lead?

He was THE leader for Droids. And still is.

A HK led team with Droideka could beat Revan.

OR AGAIN IS THAT WHY THIS IS HAPPENING.

Nope not why, darth revan wil beat jedi Revan.
  • Give Lobot HKs leadership power in addition to his current one

This! I'd love for lobot to be more than just a tb platoon filler!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »
    My guess is that HK’s leadership will be overpowered when combined with...HK-47’s rework. That’s kind of what they implied. Like imagine if he had an AOE like Lando’s, could spam infinite turns as long as your opponents have 2 or more toons alive.

but that is also what they were pointing out. they would have to make toons that wouldn't synergize with HK.

I am torn, I love my droids and i think they are a solid faction, but HK is super limited in what teams he can counter due to being so reliant on TM gain and critting. I just dont think they will make him good enough to really matter, and any loss in their synergy will just leave them in the nether.

And I’m quite sure paired with Traya, Sion, and Nilly, Darth Revan And Fallen Bastila are gonna be the real new meta.

yeah which is why i said later, i feel like he will be good, but really just in a holding pattern for later releases of new droids.

Kyno just confirmed new droids are coming! Wohoo!

from the way its worded, the only real conclusion is that they want to bring more droids into the game. but who knows.
  • Kyno wrote: »

yeah which is why i said later, i feel like he will be good, but really just in a holding pattern for later releases of new droids.

from the way its worded, the only real conclusion is that they want to bring more droids into the game. but who knows.
    It didn’t even sound like that. It sounded like that they want to make it so that if they ever do decide to add more droids in the future, they won’t have to spend effort balancing them around HK’s lead.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I know, I was just doing the forum thing where kinda day something but then say you actually said it.
  • The typical Friday evening bomb has dropped to get us all fired up in the forums all weekend. Not biting, I’m like meh.
  • Dathca wrote: »
    His leadership was the only reason I geared more than 5 droids to gear 12+3. Now you are changing it. Yea I’ll take more than my 3 omegas back. Give me my $300 back and all my droid zetas.

If they are switching his synergy to OR then I also want all my G12 mats I spent on IG88/86 and Jawa Engineer!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    You make a good point, but then again you have to ask yourself why CG would release a message warning us about the HK leadership rework if it wasn't going to permanently damage the way droids function.

Oh, if they didn't make an announcement and made even a tiny upgrade people wouldn't break out the torches and pitchforks?

As to why there's a refund, I practically guarantee he's going to have a zeta. I don't know what it'll do, I'm not claiming special knowledge or anything, but in the past when characters omega abilities get a zeta upgrade you don't get the omegas back and you don't get the zetas either.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The real issue is that they never should have added HK-47 to the game when they did. He only had a leader ability at all because it was a way to make him relevant instead of the sore thumb orphan he was, him being a leader absolutely does not fit his character in any way. They should have waited to put him in as a marquee release leading up to DR; hell, he actually probably should have been a Legendary that was then required for DR.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Sorry, I just woke up. Where did this info came from??
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »

Thanks.

I never really did extensive use of HK, but I am inclined to feel towards this issue on the same way I feel about ZFinn
    You make a good point, but then again you have to ask yourself why CG would release a message warning us about the HK leadership rework if it wasn't going to permanently damage the way droids function.

Oh, if they didn't make an announcement and made even a tiny upgrade people wouldn't break out the torches and pitchforks?

As to why there's a refund, I practically guarantee he's going to have a zeta. I don't know what it'll do, I'm not claiming special knowledge or anything, but in the past when characters omega abilities get a zeta upgrade you don't get the omegas back and you don't get the zetas either.

They have never upgraded an omega ability to a zeta ability. Every time time a character has gained s zeta ability it was an ability that capped at level7 which you get with purple mats.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kreontas wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

They have never upgraded an omega ability to a zeta ability. Every time time a character has gained s zeta ability it was an ability that capped at level7 which you get with purple mats.

GG would like to disagree.

Even though he is no longer a leader.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    If his leader is being changed i want my T3 zeta back well there is another leader it works good with but jesus CG
  • Dathca
    40 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    If his leader is being changed i want my T3 zeta back well there is another leader it works good with but jesus CG

Yea I’ve got a double zetad t3 just for his leadership and now it’s just another character to sit there and collect dust
  • How I feel about the GG rework and now the HK rework
    xrdyw8584mde.jpeg
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Farmboy Luke.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • You cant be serious.

CG: you have seriously lost all touch with reality and your customers. This coming right after the pathetic GG rework is just too much.

The one droid leader ability which is actually HALF good... its not even close to meta-competitive but its BARELY USEABLE even though the character its on (HK) is garbage... and you rework the character so it isnt garbage anymore and nerf the leader ability.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDSqODtEFM

SHAME CG SHAME

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Droideka wrote: »

It didn’t even sound like that. It sounded like that they want to make it so that if they ever do decide to add more droids in the future, they won’t have to spend effort balancing them around HK’s lead.

They have been a neglected faction for as long as many others, so i imagine that somewhere on the 5 year map there is the word droids, with maybe a circle around it. i just see it more of a "when", than an "if".
    His leadership was the only reason I geared more than 5 droids to gear 12+3. Now you are changing it. Yea I’ll take more than my 3 omegas back. Give me my $300 back and all my droid zetas.

Can you link your swgoh.gg page and let us know which 4 droids you run with HK? I'd love to see this superawesome squad of G12+ droids you run with HK-47 lead.
  • Dathca
    40 posts Member

Can you link your swgoh.gg page and let us know which 4 droids you run with HK? I'd love to see this superawesome squad of G12+ droids you run with HK-47 lead.

https://swgoh.gg/p/554351939/characters/?f=Droid

Lmao , kinda made you look silly there , with his profile.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    I think the real intention is to prevent infinite loop for raids. It’s just like zfinn with all the tm gain.
  • The problem here is, if you take away the one decent droid leader this game has, then what leadership are you leaving the community with?

Nerfing/removing HK’s lead doesn’t just hurt HK, it kills an entire faction. There are 16 droids in this game, and without HK you can create exactly 1 usable team with them. One usable team that you can’t even farm to 7* at the moment and requires a minimum of 3 zetas to even work.

Droids don’t need to be the meta, but CG is almost going to have to do something to make them the meta just to make up for the flurry of gut punches they’ve been unloading on the droid fans who play this game lately.
  • Changing HK finally for this stupid Revan stuff is so wrong.... (its okay for me If Players run him with his Master but not everybody will unlock him) It wasnt OP cause HK was super outdated compared to his solid but simple lead and most droids arent strong enough on their own and it was already No easy task to balance a HK Team with the right amount of damage and other abilities to control/finish the fight since newer Teams are more durable.

I mean:
    a) droids with HK wasnt Meta, even after GG Rework
    b) L3 missed a Leader ability
    c) C3PO offers nothing for droids and is the last named Droid (Legend) for the game too
    d) 4-LOM wasnt at Long BH pass so expect he never comes
    e) Grievous Rework wasnt as good as expected and still aims clearly for seperatist droids only
    f) HK crit lead was already countered in many ways GK, Zarris, Rex, even Biggs at old days and Run vs Something than CLS now is a Nightmare too
    g) that leaves JTR as best droid lead which is mostly for LS Droids and a big fail Design at Lore anyway
    i) leaving us with IG88, Poggle, Nebit... C'mon CG...

Farmboy Luke.

Really? That i didnt know, although it’s on a toon that’s irrelevant enough for nobody to care.

But also, for the rest of the game it’s pretty clear that any toon with skills maxed at lvl7 have a chance of getting a future zeta