Thrawn event

Fenn93
18 posts Member
Once again the thrawn event comes round and another time where the searingly tough event beats my g12 team with utmost ease.
I run Forced ThrawnL, Zzvader, ep, ztarkin and shore.

I have to qualms to why this event is unfair, the first being Thrawns forced leadership which is pretty detrimental to the team and the second being the amount of turn meter Phoenix get which kill Shore before I even get a go!
Is there anything I’m missing to fly through this even?

Replies

• PeterBahama
    337 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    You still don't get it? They want to force players to go out of their way to waste Zetas and gear 12 pieces on characters they no longer use for events that don't matter
  • To be fair these characters aren't trash or unusable, I refuse to zeta Thrawn's useless lead so it some times takes me 2-3 attempts to get the RNG going
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Drop tarkin for another tank. I used, along with Thrawn:

Zzep g12
    vader g11
    Shore g12
    Storm g11

Retreat if they take out Thrawn.

Kill order: ezra/sabine first then whoever.

• You still don't get it? They want to force players to go out of their way to waste Zetas and gear 12 pieces on characters they no longer use for events that don't matter
    The rewards for it just aren’t worth the time, effort, or investment. A couple of mods and a bit of cash. Whoop-de-doo.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Lichbane wrote: »
    You still don't get it? They want to force players to go out of their way to waste Zetas and gear 12 pieces on characters they no longer use for events that don't matter
    The rewards for it just aren’t worth the time, effort, or investment. A couple of mods and a bit of cash. Whoop-de-doo.

Well I beat the event with Thrawn, Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin and Deathtrooper.

1. Is captain to the best capital ship in the game so not a bad investment
    2. Vader is captain to one of the best ships in the game
    3. Tarkin is also a captain to a great capital ship
    4. DT is also a captain to a decent ship and very helpful for p3 of HSTR
    5. Palpatine is the Emperor, no joke tho, he's still a very good character to have and who knows, sith meta incoming, he could be useful.

I don't think these characters are a bad investment, maybe if you are a very new player it doesn't make sense to focus on these characters but if that's the case remember that we didn't have this event when we started playing this game either
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I just did it with palp, vader, tarkin and tf pilot. Tf pilot did not get a single turn. Rest were g12+ without zetas. Very high speed mods on all chars. Needed about 20 tries. Killed Ezra then Sabine then Hera. Rest was easy. Just restart until rng gets in your favor during innitial barrage.
  • I use g12 zthrawn zPalp g11Vader g10Tarkin and g11shore trooper still shore is dead before I even take a turn and Thrawn lead is so stupid
  • this time i range Thrawn, Palp, Range Trooper, Shore Trooper and zVeers - no other zetas, took 3 attempts.. but pretty easy after the random start didn't take out one of my characters.

definitely take out Sabine, and then Ezra, and then Hera.. the rest fall, but slowly