Outage Compensation [MERGE]

Replies

• I won't beg for 200 miserable crystals that they should have given to everybody.
  • Challenger
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    it14481b7wx0.jpeg
    You've been very helpful@CG_SBCrumb
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I wasnt able to get in for 4 hours and missed energy refresh not arena payout, contacted by email through ea support and this was the response which seems fair.

having reviewed your email, I came to know that you have missed the payout due to stuck on the login/loading screen. I can feel the disappointment caused due to this issue. I'll certainly help you with the best possible information to help you out with this issue.

The good news is, this issue has been fixed. Now, you should be able to login to the game without any trouble.

Also due to the inconvenience caused I have added 200 crystals into your account

I submitted a ticket but haven't received any reply. I "reported a bug" - maybe that's the reason they don't react? What option did you choose when you contacted the support service?
  • Oh come on. Given the timing of it, the vast majority of the people who play the game probably aren't even aware there was an outage. There is no rational reason to give "compensation" to people who aren't even aware a problem existed.
  • I’ve put in for my claim. Appalling customer care, whats worse they turn a blind eye to this forum. Their “official” forum.
  • I doubt that most people here have a 200 crystal worth loss.
    In my experience the customer service checks your account. And when you deserve a compensation you will get it.

I get 200 crystals for my 1st ticket. Then I have contacted them again, and explained the guy kindly that I had not only lost 200 crystals for my arena ranks but also energy and tokens. And he gave me another 300 crystals.

I am more than fine with customer service here.
  • msh3y1zuhh8o.jpeg
    Dont help
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    contacted customer support and even sent a screenshot of what crumb said about compensation and was told i should restart my device and if that doesnt work try a factory reset of it as that is what caused the issue. and no they will not compensate me for my device being faulty.....
    even though it was a server outage and crumb admitted it was as erver outage in the screenshot i sent them.
    they are a joke and i guess every post in this thread will be swept under the carpet the same as all the other multi post threads that just fade away and die without any comments from crumb / carrie or any other dev
  • alikssepia wrote: »
    I wasnt able to get in for 4 hours and missed energy refresh not arena payout, contacted by email through ea support and this was the response which seems fair.

having reviewed your email, I came to know that you have missed the payout due to stuck on the login/loading screen. I can feel the disappointment caused due to this issue. I'll certainly help you with the best possible information to help you out with this issue.

The good news is, this issue has been fixed. Now, you should be able to login to the game without any trouble.

Also due to the inconvenience caused I have added 200 crystals into your account

I submitted a ticket but haven't received any reply. I "reported a bug" - maybe that's the reason they don't react? What option did you choose when you contacted the support service?

I used the missing content option lol
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Oh come on. Given the timing of it, the vast majority of the people who play the game probably aren't even aware there was an outage. There is no rational reason to give "compensation" to people who aren't even aware a problem existed.

Er you know there are people that play the game worldwide yes? Clearly you missed the several hundreds of people affected. So no. The timing means sod all. Try again.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    With the amount of time you fellas have been posting in here whining about something that they dont OWE you.

I put in my ticket and got 300 crystals. It doesnt cover all i missed. But its 300 more than you've recieved. jt0qmyyprecr.png
  • I won't beg for 200 miserable crystals that they should have given to everybody.

But youll **** and moan andnget nothing on forums?
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    Oh come on. Given the timing of it, the vast majority of the people who play the game probably aren't even aware there was an outage. There is no rational reason to give "compensation" to people who aren't even aware a problem existed.

Umm are you high? The entire untied states would have noticed.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I didn't put a claim in as I do my arena at 6am so it's done for the day. So I have no reason to claim. If I had lost 900 crystals I'd probably be a bit miffed with only 300 though. But ultimately it's only a game. Now if you spend a lot of money on it then I can understand people getting angry at the lack of proactive support and the lackluster customer service.

I do miss the days of chewie shards and crystals though.
  • The support can usually just build a wall made of "we aren't able to do anything in this case" in front of you when you are there to claim. It's totally useless, they can just look up in your log if you get quite angry while speaking to them, just to say you that they saw nothing strange. Some weeks ago I have lost a GA match (and turn) due to a game crash during a battle. All they could come up with after days chasing a single answer from them was that it was my fault, it was my device which crashed and that they can't do anything about it. Don't count on the support too much, the maximum they can do is look at your log.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    The level of perceivrd entitlement here is disappointing. I refer to the folks who claim they missed out on 900 crystals yet an examination of their swgoh page indicates an average Arena and Fleet position well below 1st. Said individuals may also be in the same shards as others making this claim, only 1 of them can be first. The math does not add up.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Still nothing
  • Can't help but feel short changed as I received 200 crystals as compensation while guild mates got 300, and some have had nothing! What a mess! Why wasn't everyone just sent apology crystals like before?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Can't help but feel short changed as I received 200 crystals as compensation while guild mates got 300, and some have had nothing! What a mess! Why wasn't everyone just sent apology crystals like before?

Because, in case you didn't notice, they're now in a much harder and strict pay to win policy, so they will actually lose some revenue if they give you more than 2-300 crystals for free. They usually try to give you nothing by default and for everything, like we also saw with the announced Finn rework. Then they throw out a couple crystals if the community gets too noisy.

But youll **** and moan andnget nothing on forums?

Yes. They must know it's an insult to make us beg for compensation after losing our arena climbing.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Maredream wrote: »
    he claims it was my mistake :)

It's also our fault GG is underwhelming, our fault that the raids keep breaking and have to be "fixed", our fault that Revan floods arena slots 1-50 and HMF (even at only 5 stars) floods fleet arena 1-50. CG does no wrong - it's all the players' fault.

Been that way since August of 2017.

This for sure. Sad but true.

• shouldn't even have to get to this stage. Appalling care for your customer base.
  • Several of my guild mates got 500crystals for this
    Gotta fill out a ticket
    Thing is it effected everyone so i just dont get it
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It doesn't take long. Don't follow Crumb's link. From in-game, go settings > help > (on webpage that loads) can't login > live chat.

Write one message saying per the community managers post on the official forums (add link if you want), you are requesting your compensation crystals for yesterday's outage, and add your ally code.

I know people suffer at the hands of EA Customer Support some times, but my guy was great.

I agree though. Pretty much everyone was affected. They should have just sent out the crystals to everyone's inbox.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    I though they said 200? Are others getting 500?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Laz wrote: »
    I though they said 200? Are others getting 500?

And here begins the next riot.

I guess some customer service reps hit a default setting button or something.
  • Yes others are getting either 500 or 200 plus hassle then 300 more
    Why this wasnt just a mass compensation ill never know
    Maybe theyll do it later and some will just get 800
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."